• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Is it real a supposed leak from back june that predicted the order of the reveals? I was watching youtube and I see a video talking about this leak that got Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and King K Rool, Follow by Isaac, Isabelle, Black Shadow and Skull Kid and more.

Is it really from june?
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon is checking up on it but it's likely a no. Rule#1 about rumors like this: you need an actual working link to the rumor, otherwise people can just text edit and screenshot an old 4chan post

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So far VergeBen had been right with most of his leaks. Among the ones he was wrong about was King K. Rool not being in the game. I'm inclined to believe it may just be Incineroar since according to one of his leaks that there will be a Gen 7 Pokemon but won't be Decidueye.

For the most part of all leakers I'd keep an eye on him for source and evidence.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thank you.

This is 99.99% fake. I searched for it using it's post number (#430212015). As you can see, it's not about Smash Bros, but instead Resident Evil.

The post that apparently replied to it (#430216125) is somewhat more on topic, being about Smash Bros, but it discusses the jeuxvideo "leak" instead of that character list.

Of course, we'll find out if it's true tomorrow and the next characters revealed are Isaac and Isabelle, but for now:

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So far VergeBen had been right with most of his leaks. Among the ones he was wrong about was King K. Rool not being in the game. I'm inclined to believe it may just be Incineroar since according to one of his leaks that there will be a Gen 7 Pokemon but won't be Decidueye.

For the most part of all leakers I'd keep an eye on him for source and evidence.
I'll take "Things Vergeben never said" for 500, Trebek.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
A random friend send me this
he said that when we got to exactly 24 hours before the smash this appeared and he printed... its seems fake to me, but hey you're the people that know things, could anyone confirm me this?

LetterO

Smash Lord
Errr how do we know it was the Chorus Kids? It could had also been Karate Joe for all we know. All that was said is a Rhythm Heaven rep planned for Smash 4. I'm incline to believe its Karate Joe due to the hint in K. Rool's trailer with how DK is positioned with the TV.
We don't, but it was most likely them. If you remember the Gematsu leak, that got everybody right except Chrom and Chorus Kids. Knowing Chrom was also scrapped in favor of Robin, It's likely to assume Chorus Kids were the scrapped RH character. And seeing as Chrom is in, I don't think Sakurai's gonna leave our three singing children in the dust of the Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Sakurai: I havent left my office yet this month, but we go gold in 3 weeks! I need to keep working, so I'm gonna turn off my phone for the night to focus extra hard on getting this done.

Everyone: SAKURAI WHY DIDNT YOU RETWEET THE DIRECT DOES THAT MEAN NO SMASH WHY DO YOU HATE US

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We don't, but it was most likely them. If you remember the Gematsu leak, that got everybody right except Chrom and Chorus Kids. Knowing Chrom was also scrapped in favor of Robin, It's likely to assume Chorus Kids were the scrapped RH character. And seeing as Chrom is in, I don't think Sakurai's gonna leave our three singing children in the dust of the Wii U and 3DS.
Were the Chorus Kids up there in the Ballot? If so then I'm incline to agree then.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
he said that when we got to exactly 24 hours before the smash this appeared and he printed... its seems fake to me, but hey you're the people that know things, could anyone confirm me this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_Easter_eggs#YouTube
When the live-stream countdown reaches 24 hours before it is scheduled to start, a "Dawn of The Final Day -24 Hours Remain-" is shown along with a sound effect, referencing the video game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Me when I open on Smashboards after my first day of school:
010CC036-03C4-43E6-9F45-97E305786A51.gif

Oh god, we’re gonna get a newcomer reveal aren’t we...

Well anyways, for who I’m hoping for, it’s pretty obvious (if you don’t, look at my pf). In any case, I’m still excited to see the newcomer trailers, Simon’s was so awesome and badass that I really enjoyed it.
————————————————
Aside from Smash, I’m hoping we get whatever Star Fox game that is being rumored showed here, at this point I think I became a “little” too addicted to the series right now after I looked deeper into it, and I’m itching for more.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Were the Chorus Kids up there in the Ballot? If so then I'm incline to agree then.
Probably not up there, but the Gematsu leak probably still got them pretty popular. I doubt the ballot will be in favor of or against the Chorus Kids, though. They were scrapped and the RH fighter data was found before the ballot was revealed. I doubt Sakurai will leave the idea of a completely unique newcomer behind, knowing there's been work on them. He always revisits ideas (Chrom, Ridley, Ditto, etc.)

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
It's fake. YouTube doesn't work like that since the Nintendo Direct screen is a static image, not a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom