• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Probably not up there, but the Gematsu leak probably still got them pretty popular. I doubt the ballot will be in favor of or against the Chorus Kids, though. They were scrapped and the RH fighter data was found before the ballot was revealed. I doubt Sakurai will leave the idea of a completely unique newcomer behind, knowing there's been work on them. He always revisits ideas (Chrom, Ridley, Ditto, etc.)
In this case I'll agree then at this point.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a strange question. If there was any glitches to occur in Ultimate, what would you all like to see somehow happen?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's fake. YouTube doesn't work like that since the Nintendo Direct screen is a static image, not a video.
It's a YouTube Easter egg. Even Playstation and Xbox livestreams do that when the clock hits 24 hours. So it's not fake, but it means nothing.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I have a strange question. If there was any glitches to occur in Ultimate, what would you all like to see somehow happen?
Faces get stuck in half-cocked expressions.

Time got wayyyy slower after the announcement.....
.....Must be Shadow.
But he may have met with a terrible fate.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The only reason people wanted Chrom was mainly because of Gematsu,
Because it's not like Chrom was a popular major character from what's essentially Fire Emblem's breakout game. No, he was only requested because people bandwagoned on Gematsu.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Incineroar moveset guess

Incineroar is a heavy grappler character. Three of his specials and one smash have grab commands and his other special move prevents himself from being grabbed while the move is charging. While his smashes are strong enough on their own to throw enemies out of the ring, he can add fire and explosion effects for additional crowd-pleasing carnage. The cat's mechanic allows him to turn any aerial into a falling, ground splashing attack for exciting finishing moves.

Incineroar Mechanic: Finishing Move – If the (A) button is held during anyone of the cat’s aerial attacks, Incineroar plummets to the floor while performing the attack. He accelerates as long as the (A) button is held. The biggest knockback from the move comes from falling onto a ground opponent. The higher the distance when the feline performs the finishing move, the greater the damage and force.

Aerial Attacks and Finishing Moves

(Neutral Aerial) Performs a body splash similar to King DeDeDe’s neutral aerial. Low damage, pushes the opponent to the side.
(Neutral Finish Move) Splashes onto his stomach and chest and sends the opponent in a horizontal direction.

(Forward Aerial) Incineroar slaps in a downward arc with an open paw. Medium attack.
(Forward Finishing Move) Smacks his paw on the floor creating a small shockwave. Sends the opponent in an arc.

(Back Aerial) Incineroar laces together his paws into a hammerfist and swings his body backwards in an arc. This is an inverse DK’s forward aerial. The fist has a sweetspot meteor effect.
(Back Finishing Move) The cat lands on his back and curled fist. His back sends the opponent outwards, but his fist sends the enemy in a vertical manner for high knockback.

(Down Aerial) The cat laces together his paws and throws down an elbow. This has a meteor effect.
(Down Finishing Move) Lands on his elbow. This move does not have great range, but does tremendous shield damage. Sends the opponent in an arc.

(Up Aerial) The cat performs a vertical dropkick for good knock-back.
(Up Finishing Move) The cat lands on his shoulders and upper back. This is the weakest finishing move.

Specials

(B) Flame Charge – The cat strikes a beckoning pose as his body heats up.
• The heat counters any grab attempt and punishes the opponent with slight hitstun and damage.
• The charge makes Incineroar’s belt glow. The move adds fire effects to the next Smash move that is performed. A full charge adds an explosion.

(Side B) Acrobatics – Incineroar summons two poles attached with three ropes constructed from dark energy. Incineroar leans back on the ropes as the move is charged.
• Once released the cat shoots forward, body parallel to the floor with arms stretched outwards.
• The first part of the move grabs. If he grabs an enemy, he will somersault around them while moving and kick them off at the end.
• After the sweetspot passes, if no one is grabbed, the cat twirls in the air like a drill with outstretched claws inflicting multiple hits to the enemy like Metaknight’s side B.

(Up B) Brutal Swing– Incineroar leaps up in the air with an outstretched paw and grabs his enemy, swinging the victim downwards. Goes 2/3rd’s the distance of Wario’s corkscrew and can be slightly angled left or right in a similar fashion.

(Down B) Darkest Lariat – The cat does one rotation in place and then shoots out his arms to either side of him for a grab attempt.
• Incineroar can grab one enemy with each hand.
• Once a grab is completed, Incineroar spins. The cat and his captured swinging prey can be moved left or right during the spin. Tapping B increases the duration and damage. At the end, Incineroar tosses the enemy or enemies.

Smashes

(Forward Smash) Incineroar laces his paws together, takes a step forward and brings down a hammerfist crashing to the floor.

(Down Smash) Incineroar jumps up, splits, and lands on his outstreched legs for a double-leg drop.

(Up Smash) Incineroar arcs both his paws over his head (which does slash damage on the sides) and laces together his claws.
• If the enemy is hit at the apex when the claws come together, Incineroar grabs them and performs a backbreaker, smashing them over his knee and flinging them to the side. High damage.

Attacks

(A) Slashes.
(A, A) Slashes, and then throws out a knee.
(A,A,A) Slashes, throws out a knee and then performs a spinning backhand.

(Side A) Incineroar cross-slashes with his clawed paws. At the apex, the claws strike each other creating a jet of sparks.
• The slash does medium damage and knock-back.
• The sparks (if it hits the front of the opponent) causes brief stun.

(Up A) Performs a quick slashing uppercut.

(Crouch) Crouches down on all fours like a cat ready to pounce. Can crawl.

(Down A) Lunges very far forward and swipes with a paw. Pops the enemy up, however the cat crashes onto his shoulder if he misses and suffers lag.

(Running A) Performs a sliding clothesline. The sweetspot floors the opponent.

Throws
(Grab)
Grabs the opponent by neck and lifts them off the floor.
(Pummel) Jabs the enemy in the side with his unoccupied claws
(Down Throw) Choke slam.
(Up Throw) Three quick uppercuts to the gut, with the last one sending the enemy into the sky.
(Forward Throw) Kicks them forward.
(Back Throw) Releases the opponent, grabs the legs with cat-like reflexes and heaves them in one swing behind him.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Real question:

Who will die in tomorrow's reveal trailer?

Confirmed dead:
Mario
Mega Man
Luigi
Dedede

Maybe dead:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Samus
Dedede didn't die, he just got whacked the everloving **** out of him.
But if anyone is going to die, it might be Link or Peach. Maybe Bowser or even Ganondorf.
Anyone who thinks it'll be a Pokémon is fooling themselves.

Hey everyone, I have a request. Next time they act up about Samus, just quote this for me, because it's the truth:

If the mods can't stop them from talking about Samus' changed chest, maybe this will.
Or just, alternatively, hit ignore on the dude and move on.
Like don't get me wrong, I'd rather not have seen it as frequently as I did in the first place, but that's an option just sitting right there for a reason.

I've been thinking about this lately: Will the Chorus Kids get into this Smash after being cut from the last ones? After hearing the whole "I hope you don't expect too many newcomers" thing, I came to the conclusion that the answer is almost certainly "no" as it seemed that the development team would be focusing all of their efforts on bringing back old fighters and then adding Echoes and highly-requested newcomers. But just recently I thought of something that I hadn't given much consideration to previously: they were almost certainly cut after development began on them. I believe this might just be their saving grace. Remember, the Ice Climbers were built to a playable state on the Wii U version before being cut due to the limitations of the classic 3DS/2DS. The Chorus Kids were cut at an unknown point in development, likely due to being a multi-character like Nana and Popo and thus facing similar issues. Let's break down how their series were represented in the final games:

Ice Climber
  • Smash Run enemy
  • Two songs
  • Several trophies
Rhythm Heaven
  • Smash Run enemy
  • Two songs
  • Several trophies
The two most likely explanations for why Rhythm Heaven would have received similar amounts of representation as Ice Climber are that the Chorus Kids were cut after a fair amount of development had been done and a version of them was implemented into the Wii U version, similar to Ice Climbers, or that Sakurai was invested enough in the idea of representing the series in Smash that even after the character concept was scrapped he had the team implement these other elements into the games. Given the presence of the Rhythm Heaven series icon data among the fighter franchise icons, I'm inclined to believe that there was in fact a fair amount of work done on them before being cut (though the second possibility is likely true to some extent, as well). My point in bringing all of this up? Well, the Ice Climbers were brought back in Ultimate, and since this game is obviously a port largely built off of the framework of the previous version just like the other games in the series were in their initial stages of development, surely their return was facilitated by the fact that they already had quite a bit of work done from the start, making them easier to develop than a character that would need to be made from scratch. With the relatively limited resources available to be used on newcomers with everyone and nearly everywhere being here, so to speak, just as Echo fighters now make even more sense than before as a means to offer fans new characters to play as, it would make perfect sense for the team to also return to the partially-developed Chorus Kids for a comparatively-easy newcomer. Add in the relevancy of the RH series at the time that the project proposal was completed (Megamix released in Japan in June 2015 with an American release planned for the next year, and the proposal was made in December 2015) and the fan demand for a Rhythm Heaven character in the Smash Ballot (which, admittedly, was limited, though certainly not nonexistent), not to mention Sakurai's penchant for adding in a crazy character pick or two in each game which may be in jeopardy of not being feasible this time with the aforementioned strained resources, and I think it all adds up to a pretty solid case for why the Chorus Kids are likely to finally bring the beat in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
All of this is honestly why I see them finally getting their due in this game. Also, not to mention the fact that Sakurai has been bringing back previous concepts from past titles, so it wouldn't make sense as to why they wouldn't get in, especially given Smash 4 wasn't worked on that long ago compared to the other gaps between iterations.
Yet, no one ever really discusses these guys when compared to the other possible entrants.
I mean Rhythm Heaven is particularly a niche franchise in the west and isn't necessarily recognizable to a lot of people, so I get they're not ripe for conversation. However, I still think they should be mentioned and considered, instead of merely passed up or ignored.
While I definitely wouldn't say they're a lock, I would say they're pretty near likely than most newcomers discussed especially if a substantial amount of work was put forward on them.
All in all, the Chorus Kids, or at least a RH character, is one of the few characters I'm actually expecting for this iteration.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Real question:

Who will die in tomorrow's reveal trailer?

Confirmed dead:
Mario
Mega Man
Luigi
Dedede

Maybe dead:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Samus
Bowser and Bowser Jr. will die by Elma's hands, just like how Bowser died by Shulk's own. It is their fate now, to be picked off by the Xenoblade cast now and forever.

If not killed by Elma then by Shantae, or Isabelle, I already made a little character reveal story, about how Isabelle killed Bowser and Bowser Jr.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Are we going to be able to adjust how often a song plays on each stage like in Brawl?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wolf's shine sends everyone to the blast zone, of course.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Incineroar moveset guess

Incineroar is a heavy grappler character. Three of his specials and one smash have grab commands and his other special move prevents himself from being grabbed while the move is charging. While his smashes are strong enough on their own to throw enemies out of the ring, he can add fire and explosion effects for additional crowd-pleasing carnage. The cat's mechanic allows him to turn any aerial into a falling, ground splashing attack for exciting finishing moves.

Incineroar Mechanic: Finishing Move – If the (A) button is held during anyone of the cat’s aerial attacks, Incineroar plummets to the floor while performing the attack. He accelerates as long as the (A) button is held. The biggest knockback from the move comes from falling onto a ground opponent. The higher the distance when the feline performs the finishing move, the greater the damage and force.

Aerial Attacks and Finishing Moves

(Neutral Aerial) Performs a body splash similar to King DeDeDe’s neutral aerial. Low damage, pushes the opponent to the side.
(Neutral Finish Move) Splashes onto his stomach and chest and sends the opponent in a horizontal direction.

(Forward Aerial) Incineroar slaps in a downward arc with an open paw. Medium attack.
(Forward Finishing Move) Smacks his paw on the floor creating a small shockwave. Sends the opponent in an arc.

(Back Aerial) Incineroar laces together his paws into a hammerfist and swings his body backwards in an arc. This is an inverse DK’s forward aerial. The fist has a sweetspot meteor effect.
(Back Finishing Move) The cat lands on his back and curled fist. His back sends the opponent outwards, but his fist sends the enemy in a vertical manner for high knockback.

(Down Aerial) The cat laces together his paws and throws down an elbow. This has a meteor effect.
(Down Finishing Move) Lands on his elbow. This move does not have great range, but does tremendous shield damage. Sends the opponent in an arc.

(Up Aerial) The cat performs a vertical dropkick for good knock-back.
(Up Finishing Move) The cat lands on his shoulders and upper back. This is the weakest finishing move.

Specials

(B) Flame Charge – The cat strikes a beckoning pose as his body heats up.
• The heat counters any grab attempt and punishes the opponent with slight hitstun and damage.
• The charge makes Incineroar’s belt glow. The move adds fire effects to the next Smash move that is performed. A full charge adds an explosion.

(Side B) Acrobatics – Incineroar summons two poles attached with three ropes constructed from dark energy. Incineroar leans back on the ropes as the move is charged.
• Once released the cat shoots forward, body parallel to the floor with arms stretched outwards.
• The first part of the move grabs. If he grabs an enemy, he will somersault around them while moving and kick them off at the end.
• After the sweetspot passes, if no one is grabbed, the cat twirls in the air like a drill with outstretched claws inflicting multiple hits to the enemy like Metaknight’s side B.

(Up B) Brutal Swing– Incineroar leaps up in the air with an outstretched paw and grabs his enemy, swinging the victim downwards. Goes 2/3rd’s the distance of Wario’s corkscrew and can be slightly angled left or right in a similar fashion.

(Down B) Darkest Lariat – The cat does one rotation in place and then shoots out his arms to either side of him for a grab attempt.
• Incineroar can grab one enemy with each hand.
• Once a grab is completed, Incineroar spins. The cat and his captured swinging prey can be moved left or right during the spin. Tapping B increases the duration and damage. At the end, Incineroar tosses the enemy or enemies.

Smashes

(Forward Smash) Incineroar laces his paws together, takes a step forward and brings down a hammerfist crashing to the floor.

(Down Smash) Incineroar jumps up, splits, and lands on his outstreched legs for a double-leg drop.

(Up Smash) Incineroar arcs both his paws over his head (which does slash damage on the sides) and laces together his claws.
• If the enemy is hit at the apex when the claws come together, Incineroar grabs them and performs a backbreaker, smashing them over his knee and flinging them to the side. High damage.

Attacks

(A) Slashes.
(A, A) Slashes, and then throws out a knee.
(A,A,A) Slashes, throws out a knee and then performs a spinning backhand.

(Side A) Incineroar cross-slashes with his clawed paws. At the apex, the claws strike each other creating a jet of sparks.
• The slash does medium damage and knock-back.
• The sparks (if it hits the front of the opponent) causes brief stun.

(Up A) Performs a quick slashing uppercut.

(Crouch) Crouches down on all fours like a cat ready to pounce. Can crawl.

(Down A) Lunges very far forward and swipes with a paw. Pops the enemy up, however the cat crashes onto his shoulder if he misses and suffers lag.

(Running A) Performs a sliding clothesline. The sweetspot floors the opponent.

Throws
(Grab)
Grabs the opponent by neck and lifts them off the floor.
(Pummel) Jabs the enemy in the side with his unoccupied claws
(Down Throw) Choke slam.
(Up Throw) Three quick uppercuts to the gut, with the last one sending the enemy into the sky.
(Forward Throw) Kicks them forward.
(Back Throw) Releases the opponent, grabs the legs with cat-like reflexes and heaves them in one swing behind him.
Thank you for this. You brought back my hope!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are we going to be able to adjust how often a song plays on each stage like in Brawl?
Yes. It was shown in the August Direct and mentioned again by Sakurai in his recent Famitsu column that My Music is back.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ok, random game:

After Melee and prior to Brawl, if you have added two Star Fox newcomers to Fox and Falco which pair would it be?

Wolf & Krystal or Peppy & Slippy?

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Imagine if the site ****s up like it did last time.

Big whoops.
Unlikely considering we had the music update already but I suppose pay attention to the Fortress Boss remix if you want a potential leak.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Bowser and Bowser Jr. will die by Elma's hands, just like how Bowser died by Shulk's own. It is their fate now, to be picked off by the Xenoblade cast now and forever.

If not killed by Elma then by Shantae, or Isabelle, I already made a little character reveal story, about how Isabelle killed Bowser and Bowser Jr.
I swear, I still have a feeling a villain will die. Maybe just one. But what characters would even warrant someone dying in their trailer? You all can list the characters.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I wouldn't expect any more music leaks. They started numbering the tracks after the whole Bloody Tears fiasco.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah, that feature was confirmed in the August Direct.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Okay thanks. Because I think that was cut from Wii U and 3DS right?
No it was in the Wii U version.

3DS only had 2 tracks per stage, so it used Melee's alternate track method.

Last edited:
Is it real a supposed leak from back june that predicted the order of the reveals? I was watching youtube and I see a video talking about this leak that got Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and King K Rool, Follow by Isaac, Isabelle, Black Shadow and Skull Kid and more.

Is it really from june?
Is saw that too

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, chairs are a common weapon in wrestling

Pikachu and Mewtwo respectively have yellow and purple colors, and are both Pokemon

The chairs in the Direct were yellow and purple, and Incineroar is also a Pokemon

The chairs are hinting at Incineroar oh my god it's a conspiracy I tell ya

or, you know, it could mean nothing
YO LET'S GET THE CHAIRS OUT!!!

Incineroar is pissed at losing the Intercontential Championship a few weeks ago to Ganondorf and I can see this happening with the Rock as Incineroar lmao

I hope Reggie talks about more fortnite tomorrow
I will never understand this game, yet I feel it's gonna take a good 5 minutes of the Direct talking about it

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
No it was in the Wii U version.

3DS only had 2 tracks per stage, so it used Melee's alternate track method.
That's odd. I could never figure out how to do it on Wii U. All I saw was the playlist section that let you listen to and favorite the songs

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I want black hole glitch to somehow return, or Jigglypuff turing massive on Bridge of Eldin.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Wectoring, put that back in too.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Every time I see Black Shadow in a leak I wonder what sparked him back into action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom