• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Incineroar gets revealed tomorrow, I better see all of the WWE memes come out the woodworks and through out Smash Ultimate, or I will not be satsified.
The WWE memes are one reason why I actively don't want him in.

I think at this point Incineroar is the only talked-about newcomer that I would actually be disappointed by.

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, gonna have to ask again:

Did we ever debunk this supposed 4chan leak that appears halfway in the video? It feels VERY fake because it lays out the characters in order of reveal, but I swear I've seen it here before.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I think at this point Incineroar is the only talked-about newcomer that I would actually be disappointed by.
Honestly, I didn't think Torracat would even become a wrestler at all: more of maybe a fire-based panther, or maybe cougar, although that might not make sense. I still stuck with him, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright fellas here's my bet:

[safe character]
[safe character]
[safe character]
and/or
[safe third party]

D

Deleted member

Alright, I got you something better. NJPW memes. **** you WWE for ruining Asuka and Shinsuke

tumblr_p216xwzF4P1s24yedo1_500.gif

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wasn't there a really bad heat wave at some point too? It sucks to have to go through that.

Okay, I can see that work. Really depends on decision-making, but it could happen, and that would be nice.
Yeah and massive flooding that killed over 200. And a level 6 earthquake in Osaka and a level 4 right where I live. and that past typhoon was number 21 of the season.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh, I'm expecting to go into hiding once the rage has begun...

Also, notice something different about me?
Hey, you made it on the team! Congrats, mate.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
You’ve missed the past few pages, haven’t you?
Virtually no one talked about him until Vergeben made him seem likely. The Smash community has a really significant habit of bandwagoning on characters who seem likely even if they had no previous interest in them. Which more or less comes across that they're just excited for any fighter as opposed to really rooting for a particular one.

I'm in the same boat simply because basically every other discussed Pokemon would bring more interesting new things to the table. The notion that he'd be unique because he's a "grappler/wrestler" falls flat on me because all kinds of grappling and wrestling moves are already incorporated in the movesets of a bunch of different characters. His fire moves would of course also be nothing new for Smash. Lycanroc, Decidueye, Buzzwole, even Golisopod all have the potential to bring some new and unique aesthetics or mechanics to the table but I see very little of interest coming out of Incineroar.

And that's not even touching on the fact that he's easily one of my least favorite Pokemon designs of all time.

Last edited:

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else kinda wanna see a more untalked about/left field choice just to see how speculation change after months of leaks using the exact same list of newcomer/echos? Note this doesn't mean I don't want missing big hitters like Isaac/Geno, just think it'd be interesting.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Real question:

Who will die in tomorrow's reveal trailer?

Confirmed dead:
Mario
Mega Man
Luigi
Dedede

Maybe dead:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Samus

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Anyone else kinda wanna see a more untalked about/left field choice just to see how speculation change after months of leaks using the exact same list of newcomer/echos? Note this doesn't mean I don't want missing big hitters like Isaac/Geno, just think it'd be interesting.
I can't believe Master Chief is in Smash Bros!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Incineroar isn’t my personal preference (I’m still hoping for something unexpected in terms of Pokémon, like Primarina or something ahaha) but I can imagine it fitting in really well, as well, so I’d probably still be excited after seeing gameplay footage.

(It’d also be a good rival for Pikachu Libre, ahaha... if it gets in, it’d be the first time we can actually have a fight between them, actually, as Libre can’t be sent to 7th gen, correct me if I’m wrong and they had a match in the anime or something)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yes, and no. It was just one part of a larger whole, for sure, but it’s been a consistent part of her design for so long now that just suddenly 180ing on it just feels weird to me, like if Kirby was suddenly cube-shaped or Mario was clean-shaven, you know? But nobody likes me talking about it, so I’m not saying anymore about it. :S
Did you just compare Mario’s mustache to Samus’s tiddy?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Honestly I'll be very surprised if Sakurai doesn't still have a trick or two still up his sleeves.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I think the next and last (at least pre-launch) Smash Direct will be the last week of October or the first week of November. He will show the remaining characters, unveil the new mode, show some new and for some reason top secret final smashes like Peach's and Yoshi's, and announce the downloadable demo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Incineroar isn't unpopular, he's controversial. Big difference. He's got a ton of haters who prefered his more animal-like prevolutions but also a lot of fans who love his goofy, over-the-top personality.

I'm in a middle ground on him personally. I generally love more animal-like mons more but I totally see and understand why people love Incineroar. I think he'd be a great addition, even if he wouldn't be my first choice.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Mike Jones anyone?
I never played Startropics but I think he’d be a perfect WTF choice not only to modern Nintendo fans but to Japan as a whole.

...That is if even Sakurai knows it.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Peteh, we're in Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo Switch!
I still can't get over that placeholder name that I saw at one point: "Super Smash Bros. game for the Nintendo Switch system" . I really wanted to see some big memes.

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

So yeah, I've been asking about this, especially since everyone's been talking about Incineroar, Isaac and Skull Kid today as if they're our next reveals.

This 'feels' REALLY fake, especially since the characters are lined up in order of release, but I'm just double checking.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Incineroar isn't unpopular, he's controversial. Big difference. He's got a ton of haters who prefered his more animal-like prevolutions but also a lot of fans who love his goofy, over-the-top personality.

I'm in a middle ground on him personally. I generally love more animal-like mons more but I totally see and understand why people love Incineroar. I think he'd be a great addition, even if he wouldn't be my first choice.
Yeah, I was conflicted by what Game Freak decided to do with Torracat, but I have to deal with it (I love Dark-types, so...). However, I've seen great fanart on what could have been.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I was on the more animal like approach train for a while but Incineroar grew on me a lot. Very unique design with pleasing colors, has a very obvious personality shtick, and fits into Smash like a glove. I think other Pokemon competitors could work, but I think Incineroar checks all the right boxes. I mean others check the boxes too, but if I were Sakurai I'd think he's the best pick. Of course, I'm not Sakurai so I could be wrong.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 162099

So yeah, I've been asking about this, especially since everyone's been talking about Incineroar, Isaac and Skull Kid today as if they're our next reveals.

This 'feels' REALLY fake, especially since the characters are lined up in order of release, but I'm just double checking.
Anon: Master of Inspect Element. Reminds me back when I was a master hacker in 7th grade when I first discovered it.

LetterO

Smash Lord
This. I'm tired of seeing the same lists n' leaks with the same Genos and Skull Kids and Isaacs

My top 3 most wanted outside of the heavily discussed and requested are RH Rep, Phoenix Wright, and 9-Volt. I only really see two of them making it, but 9-Volt would still be my most likely pick for the nest WarioWare rep.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
echo: daisy
newcomer: ridley

echo: dark samus
newcomer: k rool

echo: dixie
newcomer: skull kid

echo: impa
newcomer: geno

and then it wraps back around to the daisy echo...

obviously other characters can also be revealed but this would be a cool pattern that could potentially be set up at this point.
With Dixie and Skull Kid I really couldn't ask for anything more.
Except you know... buzzwole

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom