• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Which is for the same reason he'll never get in like Waluigi. People don't even care for those characters just the memes hence the reason they request them frequently. Sakurai even admits those "fans" only wants Waluigi for the meme.
Not really. These so called "fans" only wants him for the same reason as Waluigi. The memes. They don't even really care for the characters. Sakurai even admitted these "fans" only wants Waluigi for the memes hence the reason for not including him along with not being that important due to starring in spin-off sports games.
Get off your high horse, dude. You don't get to be the judge of what support is "legitimate," especially when your evidence consists of something Sakurai never said.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
It is very rare for you post. Hello there, Mr. Raspberry.

I see you registered in November of ten years ago, but you don't post that much. Anyways, yes, you're right. Here's what I'm going to predict who's going be surprised from what:

@Zinith is going to be surprised by Boshi. Already obvious but who knows.
@P1ZZ4CHU is going to be surprised if Raichu is in game.
blazefan519 blazefan519 is a huge fan of I think Bandana Dee...I think?

That's all I can only predict right now.
I would have been surprised had I not have come here and found out that Boshi existed and also has fans.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I like leakers like Rattergun lmfao!!

I'm not sure how much validity he/she has at this point. but still a funny way of leaking:

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
On the subject of Waluigi, I think it's very possible to like a character for both him in general and the ironic aspects of him. You don't have to like him for only one of the two reasons.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So many taking that as purely hentai..they said fan art, even if a lot was hentai. Shantae's non-hentai art is still more then 60 pictures.

Stop going to an extreme or only taking 1 piece of the post to mean all the pictures were hentai.

It's annoying the crap out of me.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I mean for this direct specifically.
Oh, if you meant for this direct, he said something about a new character. Nothing else.
But honestly, him being with Loz just makes him suspicious.

So many taking that as purely hentai..they said fan art, even if a lot was hentai. Shantae's non-hentai art is still more the 60 pictures.

Stop going to an extreme or only taking 1 piece of the post to mean all the pictures were hentai.

Agreed, Ms. Zelda. I'm not...used to this thing and I would faint if...

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Well, I mean... I could assume that if a character has a lot of... unsanitary art made of them that they're at least somewhat popular.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
So many taking that as purely hentai..they said fan art, even if a lot was hentai. Shantae's non-hentai art is still more then 60 pictures.

But I still feel like using art as a justification of one being more popular than the other is dumb. One's a women with exposed skin, the other is a man with a big suit on, of course there's gonna be a difference. I agree with you in saying that she is more popular in Japan than Shovel Knight but, that reasoning is really dumb.

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's a few people asking what Mimique has predicted, this video pretty much goes over all of it:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
It is very rare for you post. Hello there, Mr. Raspberry.

I see you registered in November of ten years ago, but you don't post that much.
I joined during the Brawl days, then disappeared once I lost interest in the game. Since I've never had a Wii U, there was no reason for me to return, but SSBU is too amazing for me not to be here. I'm extremely hyped and I'm also planning on buying a Switch, so I'll probably stick around for a while.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
But I still feel like using art as a justification of one being more popular than the other is dumb. One's a women with exposed skin, the other is a man with a big suit on, of course there's gonna be a difference. I agree with you in saying that she is more popular in Japan than Shovel Knight but, that reasoning is really dumb.
Stop arguing guys, I got y’all the best of both... A WOMAN WITH A BIG SUIT ON

:samus:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Stop arguing guys, I got y’all the best of both... A WOMAN WITH A BIG SUIT ON

:samus:
Big suit on? That's not beautiful. And I'm too little for that kind of stuff they are agruing. I don't want to sound racist or anything...But...Well...How about those with big tilts? Like, big breasts would do...

Polan

Smash Lord
is this rattergun guy the pat of the smash bros fanbase? a person that must always be wrong and if they aren't the universe bends reality to make them wrong? if he is, then he has my attention...

I'm feeling very uncomfortable in this thread right now.
sorry for giving you the vapors. i shall avoid using such lewd language in the future.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, why are some people so certain Smash will be shown anyway for the Direct? I see people on Reddit already are speculating who will die in the next trailer, and it's weirding me out a bit.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, why are some people so certain Smash will be shown anyway? I see people on Reddit already are speculating who will die in the next trailer, and it's weirding me out a bit.
Because people are hopeful.

A bit too hopeful...

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
To be honest, with characters like Simon and Mega Man getting movesets that are true to how they play in the games they come from, having Samus use mostly awkward melee attacks feels a little wrong. Like, just imagine what she would be like if she made her debut in Smash 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Saying Shantae is more popular than Shovel Knight in Japan is like bragging Polar Bear is the most popular choice for an Ice Climber newcomer. Their amount of requests is so negligible in Japan for these two characters its nothing even worth bragging about.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Hey Mr. Sakurai, what were the reasons on adding -any character- to Smash?
-Well. I personally rate some terms: popularity, moveset potential, if it's iconic, popular demands, and something very important: the amount of hentai based on the character. That's why Shrek joined.

Man, I'll love that timeline.

Noipoi

Howdy!
To be honest, with characters like Simon and Mega Man getting movesets that are true to how they play in the games they come from, having Samus use mostly awkward melee attacks feels a little wrong. Like, just imagine what she would be like if she made her debut in Smash 4.
If Ganon was introduced in Smash 4 he'd at least have his own victory theme...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, Samus is a perfect example of a character being the way they are purely due to tradition.
She was a weird Cpt. Falcon edit in 64, and now years later, most of her moves still follow that same formula.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That other thread just closed now.
Me: *sees a butterfly*
Me: Is that a leak?

Nobody else, he's just a fraud in my eyes.
Why are people saying this about Mimique? Not once did he ever state he was a leaker. So why do people call him a fraud Lmao? That's super baseless judgement.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
is this rattergun guy the pat of the smash bros fanbase? a person that must always be wrong and if they aren't the universe bends reality to make them wrong? if he is, then he has my attention...

sorry for giving you the vapors. i shall avoid using such lewd language in the future.
He said there would be no Shantae reveal during the Nindie direct, so his streak was broken then.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Big suit on? That's not beautiful. And I'm too little for that kind of stuff they are agruing. I don't want to sound racist or anything...But...Well...How about those with big tilts? Like, big breasts would do...
This woman had big tilts too, until some killjoys decided that the cartoon woman that fights a purple space dragon had to be “realistic” :crying:

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So, why are some people so certain Smash will be shown anyway for the Direct? I see people on Reddit already are speculating who will die in the next trailer, and it's weirding me out a bit.
Given that this would also be prime time for advertising Smash as we're slowly getting closer to release with it dropping in December. Also the fact, that most directs after Palutena and Pac-Man had a reveal. I could be wrong on that so don't quote me.

I don't think there's any concrete evidence for there being something Smash related, just what the general consensus is.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Yeah my post turned into something bigger than I expected

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Saying Shantae is more popular than Shovel Knight in Japan is like bragging Polar Bear is the most popular choice for an Ice Climber newcomer. Their amount of requests is so negligible in Japan for these two characters its nothing even worth bragging about.
Some people feel the need to try to tear down other characters to bolster their own arguments, especially when they are "competing" for the same "slot."

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I want to live in the timeline where this franchise is based on yodelling instead of fighting (but still enjoys worldwide popularity and just as many tournaments are organised).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Because people are hopeful.

A bit too hopeful...
Yep, basically. It's not harmful, but it's strange to see people ask "Who do you think is going to revealed tomorrow?" , as if it's confirmed. If I end up being wrong, I'll take it though.

Given that this would also be prime time for advertising Smash as we're slowly getting closer to release with it dropping in December. Also the fact, that most directs after Palutena and Pac-Man had a reveal. I could be wrong on that so don't quote me.

I don't think there's any concrete evidence for there being something Smash related, just what the general consensus is.
I don't know...

I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment. That's mostly it.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is why I'm hoping the next Smash is a total rework from the ground up. Brand new assets. Smaller roster. Everyone reimagined.

I mean, Link can do so much more than arrows, boomerang and bombs, but we've got three Links who all use more or less the same Zelda items. I'd love a brand new fighter that starts fresh and gives us something legitimately new after we have our fangasm "Ultimate" finale to what Smash is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom