• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's gonna be everyone's favorite...

Springman, with the obligatory springtron echo.

All across the internet, a resounding "meh" was heard.
Except for those reaction video guys who'll hype up anything

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Only reason I didn't put Banjo on my list is that Banjo feels like the 'last' reveal-type of character.

Imagine going from Inkling > Ridley > K.Rool > Geno > Banjo in that kind of order.
Yeah I think Banjo's gonna be in but definitely the last character. I'm thinking Geno or Isaac tomorrow. A character who's hype enough to make the community blow up but small enough that people outside the community probably won't go nuts.

I'd say Skull Kid but people weren't really talking about Skull Kid until recently. Don't exactly doubt it but I don't think they're as much of a shoo-in as a lot of people.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
No one wants another Donkey Kong game to be announced?! It's been four years since the last one!

KMDP

Smash Legend
:ultphoenix:

:ultphoenixwright:

Covering both my bases.
inb4 :ultwright:
C'mon guys, it would obviously be :ultnick:.
If Shantae gets announced everyone in this thread has to do a face reveal
Pass.
I shouldn't say anything because my sleep schedule's a joke but is 6 PM really early for you?
Well, I'm usually something of a vampire, but I've been trying to change that.

Having directs are flippin' 11PM doesn't help, though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I don't think a 3rd party character would be shown off in the direct if there was a Smash Bros thing to announce.

I do expect it to be a first party character.
Pokemon is an easy character to do, so probably the biggest chance.
Skull Kid is heavily rumored and part of an established franchise. Likely second.
Isaac is one of Nintendo's last big 1st party series not represented in Smash. Also possibly hinted at and rumored.

I'd say its one of these 3, maybe even 2 announcements.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Direct Prediction: The direct starts off for a newcomer - Tiki Dragon Ups! She's a unique character but plays similarly to Charizard and Ridley.

Partway through the direct, we get a look at two new echo fighters; Celica and the Black Knight. Celica doesn't use tomes, but she takes damage when she uses magic attacks. The Black Knight's neutral B is surrounded by wind rather then fire and creates a shockwave when fully charged.

Nearing the end of the direct, we finally see some Three Houses gameplay. At the end of it, we get another surprise Smash trailer - Edelgarde gives blame!
Gameplay is shown of her fighting various playable FE characters, also revealing that she borrows a lot of moves from Marth and Ike. Then, suddenly, Soren shows up and tries to attack her from behind with his brand new Levin Dagger.

Every Fire Emblem Character is Here!

A rapid fire character montage shows off every FE character to ever exist, and they're all Marth echos. The evil sorcerer Garnef? The deadly assassin Jaffar? The mighty conqueror Walhart? They're all Marth. Anything to pad out the roster.
I would unironically love this...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is really interesting:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76970115

"https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

K. Rool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."

Seems like this guy knows something we do not.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But that would involve acknowledging that Lanky and Chunky exist.
Just Lanky. Chunky died in 2010.

If Skull Kid makes it in, I'll never ask Sakurai for anything again
That's what they all say.

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

K. Rool:

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."

>resetera
Yeesh, I'm gonna have to get my big boy boots to tread through this one.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I know there is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, but you guys are crazy!
I've been gone for just a few hours and oh my god ...

Comeon.png

Therefore!

What new stuff has been talked about?
Who do people expect to see tomorrow?
How many do you expect to see tomorrow?

Since this is a Nintendo direct focusing on new Switch titles, Smash will be there.
Knowing Sakurai during Smash 4, we would get 1, maybe if we are very lucky a dual trailer with 2.
KNOWING Sakurai during Ultimate. We might just get 2, and are we super lucky, 3.

I heard about the "Sun & Moon" rumour, so, Incineroar and Isaac makes sense to me.
I'd love to be surprised. Perhaps Skull Kid, or any other surprises.

I can't wait to see what happens either way!
But please brief me upon what the hell you have spent over 50 pages in such a short time on!

Chrono.

Don't feel like going back a few pages to check but

:ulttails:

:ultlloyd:

:ultisaac:

:ultskullkid:

:ultshadow:

Last edited:

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman

Ridley:

K. Rool:

Yeah, I had shared this earlier. People don't think guessing Ridley or King K. Rool was a big deal.

And to be fair, Skull Kid included... There was post in that thread that really sums it up nice.

"If it wasn't for the leaks no one would be thinking Ridley would have a shot. A lot of people for the most part (myself included) basically gave up on him.

K. Rool became more likely after Ridley but people were still like "He's not relevant! Ridley was at least relevant!"

Were they the craziest guesses in the world? No, but they had a lot against them before or at least people thought so.."

Overall, I think it could be legit. If not I'll eat my words. I am humble enough to admit i am wrong lol

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Guys. Guys!! Tomorrow we'll know at least one new character. This is exciting, we'll know who's spot #68 (and maybe even #69)! What a weird feeling.

I decided to turn this post into a fun activity, and made a hypothetical character out of it.

This character has Pokemon Trainer's Cap:ultpokemontrainer:, Doctor Mario's Arms and Hands:ultdoc:, Dark Pit's Hair + Gauntlets:ultdarkpit:, Toon Link's Head:ulttoonlink:, Wario's Shoes:ultwario:, ZSS's Legs:ultzss:, Richter's Body:ultrichter:, Bowser's Horns:ultbowser:, Peach's, Daisy's, and K. Rool's Crowns:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultkrool:, and the Brand of the Exalt on their shoulder:ultchrom:. The character also has Robotic Eyes, ROB's eyes to be exact:ultrob:. This character is also riding in a Clown Car :ultbowserjr:and has a saddle on their back :ultyoshi:plus white angel wings:ultpit:.

This Character wields a sword that has the Master Sword's Hilt:ultlink:, Ragnell's Blade:ultike:, and the Fire Effect of the Sword of Seals:ultroy:. When the sword is sheathed, the character's hand transforms into an Arm Cannon that looks like Samus':ultsamus:.

Their Neutral B is a Blaster. It will shoot out rapid fire shots that alternate between dealing no stun:ultfox:, and a little stun:ultfalco:. The blaster hurts if another character touches it:ultwolf:. If the character holds down the B Button, they will instead use a Falcon Punch:ultfalcon:.

Their Side B is Mr. Game & Watch's Judge Hammer:ultgnw:

Their Up B is Megaman's Rush Coil:ultmegaman:, and at the Apex of the Rush Coil jump, the character can press B again to send out a vine whip for extra height.:ultpokemontrainer:(Ivy)

Holding Down-B and a direction will allow this character to use a counter: Down-B+Down is Witch Time:ultbayonetta:, Down-B+Up is Counter Surge:ultcorrin:, Down-B+Back is Vision:ultshulk:, Down-B+Forward is Substitute:ultgreninja:, And Down-B+Neutral is Marth's Counter:ultmarth:.

The character's Jab Combo is Wii Fit Trainer's:ultwiifittrainer:, their dash attack is Villager's:ultvillager:, and their grab and pummel is Young Link's:ultyounglink:. Their Back Throw is Ness':ultness:, F-Throw is Squirtle's:ultpokemontrainer:(Squirt), Up Throw is Kirby's:ultkirby:, and Down Throw is King Dedede's:ultkingdedede:.

The character has Mii Gunner's up-air:ultmiifighters:(Gunner), Meta Knight's Back Air:ultmetaknight:, Mario's Forward Air:ultmario:, Ganondorf's Down Air:ultganondorf:, and Lucas' Neutral Air:ultlucas:. Whenever the character uses an attack involving a sword, their meter depletes, and they lose the sword when it runs out:ultrobin. When the sword meter fully depletes, all sword moves are replaces with Simon's whip:ultsimon:.

The character's f-tilt is Pikachu's:ultpikachu:, Up-tilt is DK's:ultdk:, and Down Tilt is Zelda's:ultzelda:. Their Get Up Attack is PAC-MAN's:ultpacman:, while their ledge attack is Mii Swordfighter's:ultmiifighters:(Swordfighter).

The character's F-Smash is Snake's:ultsnake:, their Up Smash is Sheik's:ultsheik:, and their Down Smash is Palutena's:ultpalutena:.

By using special inputs, this character can perform separate special moves:ultryu:. Quarter Circle is Ridley's Fireballs:ultridley:, Back to Forward input is Mewtwo's Shadow Ball:ultmewtwo:, Down to back input is Mii Brawler's Burning Dropkick:ultmiifighters:(Brawler), Forward-Down-DiagonalDownForward input is Luigi's Super Jump Punch:ultluigi:.

The character holds out a small wooden shield when Idling that blocks projectiles (:ultlink::ulttoonlink:or:ultyounglink:, but in this case, specifically:ultyounglink:). When the character Holds Shield+B, they recharge Ink:ultinkling:. All their moves have a partial ink effect. They can also jump as many times as Charizard (3 Times):ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard).

The Character has aura that powers it up as it takes damage:ultlucario:, a limit bar that enhances its specials:ultcloud:, and a K.O. meter that turns its neutral B into a powerful uppercut when charged fully:ultlittlemac:. Also, if this character ever uses electric attacks, it takes damage:ultpichu:.

The character is as fast as Sonic:ultsonic:, and jumps as high as Diddy Kong:ultdiddy:. It also has the air mobility of Jiggs:ultjigglypuff:. The character is followed by Pikmin:ultolimar:, Has a duck on its back:ultduckhunt:, and has a Luma in front of it that Mimics its attacks:ultrosalina:. The character is also followed by an AI controlled Nana:ulticeclimbers:.

This Character's Down Taunt has them Putting on a Mask like Lucina's:ultlucina:. Up-taunt has them pulse with Phazon like Dark Samus:ultdarksamus:, and their Side taunt belongs to whatever character we're getting tomorrow.

And Finally: Their Final Smash. Their Final Smash is just every Final Smash in the series amalgamated into one gigantic, chaotic, cluster**** of an attack. It deals 999% and KOs instantly.

How screwy would a character like this be?
Seriously, how long did it take for you to write all this?

Chrono.

Guys. Guys!! Tomorrow we'll know at least one new character. This is exciting, we'll know who's spot #68 (and maybe even #69)! What a weird feeling.
It's a not a completely sure thing yet.

Unless I missed something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I'm glad when everyone gets their hopes up for things like this.
Everyone's always buzzing with excitement beforehand.

Makes the post-disappointment talk all the more quiet afterwards, too.

Shroob

Sup?
Ironic that everyone's 3 choices for tomorrow seem to boil down to:

Isaac

Skull Kid

and

Incineroar

Almost like we've been conditioned to think

"Sun and Moon"

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman

Of course it's not, but there's only 3 months left until the game releases. If there's going to be more than 2 more newcomers they have to use every opportunity they have to reveal them.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Man I can't believe we're about to crack the 4000s. That's crazy. Here's a question, what's the one thing you want to see most out of this direct?
Ironic that everyone's 3 choices for tomorrow seem to boil down to:

Isaac

Skull Kid

and

Incineroar

Almost like we've been conditioned to think

"Sun and Moon"
I'm predicting Bandana Dee so not entirely sure where that fits in the theme.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh so we're doing this? Alright.

:ultamaterasu:

:ultammy:

:ultelma:

:ultshantae

:ultsora:

:ultfjorm:

:ultgardevoir:

Yes I know Sora is unlikely outside of a Smash Direct let me dream darn it.
- And our character for the direct
Another who believes that Ammy could make it in the Direct? Wonderful!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No one wants another Donkey Kong game to be announced?! It's been four years since the last one!
What about an supposed final in the new DKC trilogy with K. Rool and the Kritters returning having been actually been the masterminds behind the Tikis and the Walrus vikings? It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case they were simply building them up for over a decade and K. Rool's appearance in Smash foreshadows this.

KMDP

Smash Legend
No, that's not it.
:ultbarbedhead:
:ulttrite:
We should request Warchamp7 to, if Nick is made playable in Smash, have all these variations as tags.

To summarise:
:ultphoenixwright:​
:ultphoenix:​
:ultwright:​
:ultnick:​
:ulttrite:​
:ultbarbedhead:​
Variety is the spice of life.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Bet, right here right now:

Tomorrow we're seeing either Isaac or Skull Kid. Maybe both.

If neither of those get in, I'll do...something.

Let me get back to you on that.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind which character will be revealed as long as their reveal trailers are on the same level as King K. Rool's and Simon Belmont's.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We should request Warchamp7 to, if Nick is made playable in Smash, have all these variations as tags.

To summarise:
:ultphoenixwright:​
:ultphoenix:​
:ultwright:​
:ultnick:​
:ulttrite:​
:ultbarbedhead:​
Variety is the spice of life.
:ultfoolishlyfoolishfool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom