• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh boy, I love that part of the month when everyone guesses characters and then they get massacred so hard like Ashley they aren't even mentioned.

I'm waiting for the direct to give us 3 echoes.

Shadow
Black Knight
Black Shadow

the ultimate trio of characters people think are edgelords on first impression
well at least one of them is actually one

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This is really interesting:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76970115

"https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

K. Rool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."

Seems like this guy knows something we do not.
I don't want to downplay his accomplishment, because getting both of those right is still very impressive. I'm just not sure if it was inside info or sheer luck.

Ridley wasn't a safe pick at first, but then Verge came around and everyone started piggybacking off of him. Somehow, the most impossible character of all time became "extremely predictable". Then we got the first trailer for Ultimate, and many people assumed that we'd be getting nothing but ballot picks. Needless to say, K. Rool would be one of the first picks who would come to mind, so getting that right could easily be luck.

Again, not trying to discredit him, but I don't think he's done enough to prove himself reliable just yet. Grain of salt.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Bandwagon time
:ultelma:
:ultcross:
:ultcelica:
:ultprince:? idk what to call the Dragalia Lost protag

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to change my prediction for tomorrow. These characters just seems more fitting assuming the Bowser Castle stage turns out to be true.

Who I'm personally predicting Smash related.

Newcomers:
Incineroar
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Shadow (Sonic)

New Stage:
Bowser's Castle

Costume:
Dry Bowser (Bowser)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What's happening again, anyway?

:ultsans:

I don't know what's going on but I'll just go with that or something.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Hey, guys! You may remember me from a while back while I posted about the @SSBUNews Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unofficial Fighter. With over 20,000 votes, the results are in. Thanks to everyone who voted!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Guys, this isn't even a game.
This is putting your most wanted characters after "ult" and putting em in colons.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, guys! You may remember me from a while back while I posted about the @SSBUNews Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unofficial Fighter. With over 20,000 votes, the results are in. Thanks to everyone who voted!
Hell yeah, Phoenix got on the board.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Banjo being #1 warms my heart.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Nice, Phoenix Wright is up there.

Out of curiosity, do you know how well Incineroar did?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Seriously, how long did it take for you to write all this?
Probably about 1.5-2 hours, maybe 1 hr 45 min approx estimate.

I started last night at like, 4 A.M. I think? But I decided to finish the rest today. The split was half and half I'd say.

I typed up the whole thing in OneNote, then Copy-Pasted it here and added the icons for extra clarity. I didn't go in order mind you, as I went through, I went with whoever sounded good the crossed them off a picture I had:
1536180018859.png

The first three characters I crossed off were Doctor Mario, Sonic, and Olimar, while the last 3 characters I crossed off were PAC-MAN, Squirtle, and Dark Samus.

D

Deleted member

Guys, this isn't even a game.
This is putting your most wanted characters after "ult" and putting em in colons.
Did you just change your avatar again? I swear it's different every time I refresh the page.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
can someone please tell this uninformed boi whats supposed to be "scheduled"
dont make me drag out the sans collection

fortun8

Smash Cadet
:ultprince:? idk what to call the Dragalia Lost protag
oh hey! someone else things the Seventh Heir is possible! neat!
though i've heard a couple people say his name is something like "Eudiel," but that's for another time. i'd also be stoked if Dragalia Lost ended up on the switch too. haha...

Chrono.

I'll be checking Sakurai's twitter periodically to see if he RTs the Direct announcement.

That's the only surefire way of knowing we're getting something Smash related tomorrow.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't say I'm not surprised about Banjo-Kazooie being first.

>Also Sans. Who even wants him. He's as unmemorable as freakin Waluigi.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
>Rayman and Bandana Dee in top 10

Yes, this is an acceptable outco-

>Sans over Dixie

why must i feel this pain

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I am consistently surprised by how little support Paper Mario gets.

He should've been an easy pick for Brawl, let alone Smash4 and Ultimate.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Paper Mario making #13 made me stupidly happy.
After all this time, people still hope for him, and he made such an impression in a crowd of 20K votes.
I think that also speaks volumes for his performance in the 2015 Ballot, where picks like Sora, Skull Kid, Shadow, and (especially) Doomslayer weren't too common to find (in fan polls, this is not me trying to nitpick and act like I know how they OFFICIALLY performed)

So yeah. Trying not to hope, but...thanks my fellow PM voters.

I am consistently surprised by how little support Paper Mario gets.

He should've been an easy pick for Brawl, let alone Smash4 and Ultimate.
Right?

I feel like he gets shoved aside for a new big-name each installment. A lot of my friends and others I see online are surprised he wasn't added as soon as Brawl, and in Smash 4, he seemed pretty obvious for the next Mario rep to a good few.

But with Ultimate he's again been tossed to the side. He's still pretty dang high up there, yeah, but he never breaks the usual mold of Isaac, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie and Incineroar (now).

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Shantae is irrelevant EH????????????????????????

6th JUST SHY OF TOP 5 Jesus!

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, just got back, and a new Direct really is happening, so I take back what I said yesterday. I still hold my ground on believing nothing about Smash until I see that logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom