• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

:ultpsy:

:ultstar:

:ulthomura:

:ultpooh:

:ultgothitelle:

It's happening.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Regarding my least favorite theory - What happens if Skull Kid is announced but just in a trailer and Sakurai isn't in the video at all. No background to base our next prediction on. What will we do :upsidedown:

Shroob

Sup?
Regarding my least favorite theory - What happens if Skull Kid is announced but just in a trailer and Sakurai isn't in the video at all. No background to base our next prediction on. What will we do :upsidedown:
Go back to declaring that "Vergeben is real!" "No, Vergeben is faaaaaaake!" of course.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Find something in the background of the trailer and make a dumb theory about that.

Last edited:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
I'll say there'll be one reveal for Smash (I'm feeling Pokemon [please Buzzwole or Koko and not Incineroar]), a lot of Mario Party, some Daemon, maybe some FE news and maybe some kind of update on Prime 4

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Well we'd have to look at the shapes in the clouds in the trailer of course

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey, I want to bandwagon to!

:ultgillybal:

:ultgoku:

:ultmiyamoto:

Don't let me down now Mr.Sakurai.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
:ultbandannadee:
:ultrayman:

This is all I ask of you Sakurai.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
:ultphoenix:

:ultphoenixwright:

Covering both my bases.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know I'm nitpicking but wouldn't it be :ultbandanadee: ?
AFAIK Bandana Dee is a fan nickname and Bandana Waddle Dee would be too long

Plus, since ALL Waddle Dees are missing from Dedede’s moveset...it only makes sense

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Remember how there was that big petition for Reggie’s inclusion in Smash 4 that was so big that Sakurai acknowledged it directly?

You know how this game is all about fan demands?

:ultreggie:

StormC

Smash Hero
Only reason I didn't put Banjo on my list is that Banjo feels like the 'last' reveal-type of character.

Imagine going from Inkling > Ridley > K.Rool > Geno > Banjo in that kind of order.
I think they might frontload Banjo for two reasons:

-Prevent leaks
-Tie into N64 Classic announcement

Geno seems like a solid candidate for the last character revealed.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
:ultchoruskids:

:ultkaratejoe:

:ultmarshall:

:ultgodpleaseanythingfromrhythmheavenit'sallIwantplease:

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:
- Metroid Prime 4: Available Spring 2019

- Metroid Prime Trilogy switch port available after the presentation ends

- Several Castlevania titles ported to Switch

- Demo for Smash Ultimate available beginning of november, e3 build but with an online For Fun and For Glory 1-1 copied straight from Smash 4 (not necessarily what will be in Smash Ultimate)

- And our character for the direct

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know those random thoughts you get when your mind drifts? I just got one.

What if Sakurai and Gamefreak planned this all out, and the new Pokemon in Let's Go will be the new Pokemon in Ultimate?
It is a gen 7 Pokemon, and they could have made every Gen 7 Pokemon at the same time. Sakurai could've saw it's concept art.
It'd be the Ultimate advertising. It'd put Corrin to shame.

It's not gonna happen, I was just thinking.

D

Deleted member

We'll simply have to take a look at...

MORE CLUES.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
if there is going to be any Smash news I can guarantee there will be a character reveal at the end, simply because of that "filling out the banner" deal that we saw in the August direct. Wouldn't make sense to have more news following that, or non-Smash news beforehand. Weather we'll get more characters before the end remains to be seen, but I can promise that much. Of course, that's assuming we get Smash news at all.

oh also :ultrabbidmario:

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
I just realized the direct is at midnight for me. Considering I am ussually unconcious at that time, I might just forget about the whole direct completely and pass out. (I'm getting old:sadsheep:)

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
Now I wish to see him sit in a room completely golden with a big window showing the sun and just raising his eyebrow as to say: "You with me yet?"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know those random thoughts you get when your mind drifts? I just got one.

What if Sakurai and Gamefreak planned this all out, and the new Pokemon in Let's Go will be the new Pokemon in Ultimate?
It is a gen 7 Pokemon, and they could have made every Gen 7 Pokemon at the same time. Sakurai could've saw it's concept art.
It'd be the Ultimate advertising. It'd put Corrin to shame.

It's not gonna happen, I was just thinking.
Already got ya covered on that.
:ultgillybal:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Smashboards:
"WHAT IF WE MADE A CHARACTER THAT WAS AN ECHO OF EVERY CHARACTER IN THE CAST."
I decided to turn this post into a fun activity, and made a hypothetical character out of it.

This character has Pokemon Trainer's Cap:ultpokemontrainer:, Doctor Mario's Arms and Hands:ultdoc:, Dark Pit's Hair + Gauntlets:ultdarkpit:, Toon Link's Head:ulttoonlink:, Wario's Shoes:ultwario:, ZSS's Legs:ultzss:, Richter's Body:ultrichter:, Bowser's Horns:ultbowser:, Peach's, Daisy's, and K. Rool's Crowns:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultkrool:, and the Brand of the Exalt on their shoulder:ultchrom:. The character also has Robotic Eyes, ROB's eyes to be exact:ultrob:. This character is also riding in a Clown Car :ultbowserjr:and has a saddle on their back :ultyoshi:plus white angel wings:ultpit:.

This Character wields a sword that has the Master Sword's Hilt:ultlink:, Ragnell's Blade:ultike:, and the Fire Effect of the Sword of Seals:ultroy:. When the sword is sheathed, the character's hand transforms into an Arm Cannon that looks like Samus':ultsamus:.

Their Neutral B is a Blaster. It will shoot out rapid fire shots that alternate between dealing no stun:ultfox:, and a little stun:ultfalco:. The blaster hurts if another character touches it:ultwolf:. If the character holds down the B Button, they will instead use a Falcon Punch:ultfalcon:.

Their Side B is Mr. Game & Watch's Judge Hammer:ultgnw:

Their Up B is Megaman's Rush Coil:ultmegaman:, and at the Apex of the Rush Coil jump, the character can press B again to send out a vine whip for extra height.:ultpokemontrainer:(Ivy)

Holding Down-B and a direction will allow this character to use a counter: Down-B+Down is Witch Time:ultbayonetta:, Down-B+Up is Counter Surge:ultcorrin:, Down-B+Back is Vision:ultshulk:, Down-B+Forward is Substitute:ultgreninja:, And Down-B+Neutral is Marth's Counter:ultmarth:.

The character's Jab Combo is Wii Fit Trainer's:ultwiifittrainer:, their dash attack is Villager's:ultvillager:, and their grab and pummel is Young Link's:ultyounglink:. Their Back Throw is Ness':ultness:, F-Throw is Squirtle's:ultpokemontrainer:(Squirt), Up Throw is Kirby's:ultkirby:, and Down Throw is King Dedede's:ultkingdedede:.

The character has Mii Gunner's up-air:ultmiifighters:(Gunner), Meta Knight's Back Air:ultmetaknight:, Mario's Forward Air:ultmario:, Ganondorf's Down Air:ultganondorf:, and Lucas' Neutral Air:ultlucas:. Whenever the character uses an attack involving a sword, their meter depletes, and they lose the sword when it runs out:ultrobin. When the sword meter fully depletes, all sword moves are replaces with Simon's whip:ultsimon:.

The character's f-tilt is Pikachu's:ultpikachu:, Up-tilt is DK's:ultdk:, and Down Tilt is Zelda's:ultzelda:. Their Get Up Attack is PAC-MAN's:ultpacman:, while their ledge attack is Mii Swordfighter's:ultmiifighters:(Swordfighter).

The character's F-Smash is Snake's:ultsnake:, their Up Smash is Sheik's:ultsheik:, and their Down Smash is Palutena's:ultpalutena:.

By using special inputs, this character can perform separate special moves:ultryu:. Quarter Circle is Ridley's Fireballs:ultridley:, Back to Forward input is Mewtwo's Shadow Ball:ultmewtwo:, Down to back input is Mii Brawler's Burning Dropkick:ultmiifighters:(Brawler), Forward-Down-DiagonalDownForward input is Luigi's Super Jump Punch:ultluigi:.

The character holds out a small wooden shield when Idling that blocks projectiles (:ultlink::ulttoonlink:or:ultyounglink:, but in this case, specifically:ultyounglink:). When the character Holds Shield+B, they recharge Ink:ultinkling:. All their moves have a partial ink effect. They can also jump as many times as Charizard (3 Times):ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard).

The Character has aura that powers it up as it takes damage:ultlucario:, a limit bar that enhances its specials:ultcloud:, and a K.O. meter that turns its neutral B into a powerful uppercut when charged fully:ultlittlemac:. Also, if this character ever uses electric attacks, it takes damage:ultpichu:.

The character is as fast as Sonic:ultsonic:, and jumps as high as Diddy Kong:ultdiddy:. It also has the air mobility of Jiggs:ultjigglypuff:. The character is followed by Pikmin:ultolimar:, Has a duck on its back:ultduckhunt:, and has a Luma in front of it that Mimics its attacks:ultrosalina:. The character is also followed by an AI controlled Nana:ulticeclimbers:.

This Character's Down Taunt has them Putting on a Mask like Lucina's:ultlucina:. Up-taunt has them pulse with Phazon like Dark Samus:ultdarksamus:, and their Side taunt belongs to whatever character we're getting tomorrow.

And Finally: Their Final Smash. Their Final Smash is just every Final Smash in the series amalgamated into one gigantic, chaotic, cluster**** of an attack. It deals 999% and KOs instantly.

How screwy would a character like this be?

StormC

Smash Hero
if there is going to be any Smash news I can guarantee there will be a character reveal at the end, simply because of that "filling out the banner" deal that we saw in the August direct. Wouldn't make sense to have more news following that, or non-Smash news beforehand. Weather we'll get more characters before the end remains to be seen, but I can promise that much. Of course, that's assuming we get Smash news at all.

Ridley's announcement didn't get followed with a "filling the banner" animation. I doubt it's a consistent thing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>3DS direct
>SMT V is coming out
>Atlus works closely with nintendo
>Atlus loves the 3DS
>Atlus have been remaking all their old classic games
>They are considering remaking SMTIII:Nocturne
>SMT1 and 2, their flagship franchise's origins are almost impossible to play legally.

SMT1 and 2 Remakes on the 3DS incoming.
Mark my words.

Either that or Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking this before. But if Fire emblem gets enough echoes and clones of Marth with little changes each, eventually one of them has to be unique

Unless it somehow goes in a circle and ends up exactly like Marth

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Oooh, is this the game we're doing now?

:ultbandanadee:

:ultshantae:

:ultalmandcelica:

:ultcaptaintoadplssakuraiatleastmakehimanassisttrophy:

:ultanycharacterfromrhythmheaven:

oh and :ultincineroar: can't forget my little buddy

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Oh cool a direct is tomorrow.
besides a newcomer reveal, i'm hoping that a sequel to Tomodachi Life gets announced.
Oh dear, I hope that's not the "exclusive 3DS game I wish was on the Switch" disappointment. Very well could be.

EDIT:

For me...

:ultbanjokazooie:

Surprised?

For the fans:

:ultisaac:
:ultskullkid:
:ultgeno:
:ultincineroar:
:ultelma:
:ultchoruskids:

For the lolz:

:ultbatman:
:ultspongebob:
:ultsakurai: (final boss)

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I can see them opening and closing the direct with a character

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh dear, I hope that's not the "exclusive 3DS game I wish was on the Switch" disappointment. Very well could be.
Are you kidding me? Tomadachi Life was the best game of 2014!
I'd kill for a sequel on the Switch!

Especially if they allowed same sex couples. Not for me but for fairness...and shipping.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultoctoling:

:ultskullkid:

:ultisabelle:

:ultdixie:

Plz Sakurai I wanna beat up Ridley with a cute puppy.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Are you kidding me? Tomadachi Life was the best game of 2014!
I'd kill for a sequel on the Switch!

Especially if they allowed same sex couples. Not for me but for fairness...and shipping.
That's what I was saying. xD I *hope* it's on the Switch, and I *fear* it'll be exclusive to the 3DS.

And as someone who's gay, I'm hoping Nintendo heard the complaints and allows same-sex couple options as well. :)

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I don't think a 3rd party character would be shown off in the direct if there was a Smash Bros thing to announce.

I do expect it to be a first party character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom