• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anto_oberlin

Smash Rookie
It was a leak posted here on Smashboards that was ridiculously detailed, saying there'd be a Direct on the 6th and that a new FF game would be coming to the Switch.

The reason people started believing it was because said game almost instantly went up on the PS Store after the leak happened, but the reason we discredited it was due to one of the things it mentioned literally being "Gullible".
Can you link it to me?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't believe there's any. Also, he did a similar thing where the day before the Nindies direct he said no Shantae, and well, he was right.

Personally I feel like he's just the world's worst guesser.

Also, don't know if this was posted or not but Vergeben has commented. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76969540/908155339

He says the one source that told him about the direct being today says the Smashboards leak isn't true.
That's not very reassuring

Shroob

Sup?
Don't believe there's any. Also, he did a similar thing where the day before the Nindies direct he said no Shantae, and well, he was right.

Also, don't know if this was posted or not but Vergeben has commented. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76969540/908155339

He says the one source that told him about the direct being today says the Smashboards leak isn't true.
Makes sense tbh.

The leak was fake, but goddamn did it have the most bizarre coincidences surrounding it.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I don't.

I 'do' remember it said 2 newcomers for Smash, one being Incineroar shown off directly after the Let's Go news, and the final being Isaac at the very end of the presentation.
Interesting. Well I guess we'll find out in due time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm amazed that people are still discussing that direct "leak". Yeah Gillybal sounds like it could be a real pokemon name but...come on guys, that's the joke.

We all knew a direct was coming soon. It just so happens that someone guessed the date right.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm amazed that people are still discussing that direct "leak". Yeah Gillybal sounds like it could be a real pokemon name but...come on guys, that's the joke.

We all knew a direct was coming soon. It just so happens that someone guessed the date right.
They got the time wrong too and said nothing about 3DS titles which this direct is confirmed to have

Shroob

Sup?

I know it's fake, but it got two things in its favor in such a short time that I just have to laugh at how awkward the coincidences are.

After the leak comes out, the PS Store adds the same game it mentions AND it gets the date right?

I KNOW it's fake but, that coincidence is insane.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Severly hoping for Geno. I got the most wanted character of all time confirmed plus all the others i like. All thats left is Geno and honestly i dont think i could think of another chararcter I would really want in, other than Pauline.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I'm predicting for Smash related.

Newcomers:
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong
Isabelle
Shadow

Stages: Bowser's Castle

Shroob

Sup?
Direct tomorrow.

Someone that predicted krool and ridley the day before their respective reveals now predicted skull kid tomorrow.

That about it
I'm down for Skull Kid.

Though this probably means *shudder* CHAIR THEORY was correct.

Which means people are going to analyze the hell out of Sakurai's room.

That, and I wanna know about Echoes.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Gillybal is the silliest name i've heard for a Pokemon. Think about that, of all 807 Pokemon, Gillybal is the silliest.
I'm a little sad it's not real.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Direct tomorrow.

Someone that predicted krool and ridley the day before their respective reveals now predicted skull kid tomorrow.

That about it
I'm not saying the person doesn't necessarily have inside info, but predicting a heavily rumoured character and the most popular, most talked about pick at the time are not herculean feats.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Hmm, if Lady Bow is indeed doing the "insert name here-ify" thread again, then Skull Kid might actually be a thing. Luckily we only have to wait for about a day to find out.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If it is real, I hope there's a good selection of pilots to play as. The Star Fox universe has so many great characters who'd be fun to play as again. Star Fox, Star Wolf, Bill, Katt, etc. Although there's two characters in particular I hope aren't forgotten about: Krystal and Panther. Both are great characters that add to the franchise, and I'd hate to see them be left behind.
Not to mention Miyu and Fay, they could easily pad out the roster with those two (and rope in people that bought a SNES Mini).

Severly hoping for Geno. I got the most wanted character of all time confirmed plus all the others i like. All thats left is Geno and honestly i dont think i could think of another chararcter I would really want in, other than Pauline.
She'll get her turn to shine next time, I just know it.

The_Killah29

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Switch FC
SW-6336-0165-8517
What if there is no Smash announcement(s)?
What if it's all just other games and the online service info?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I mean I won't rule that out entirely, but if the game is rated then the rest of the characters must have been done enough to have been seen by the ESRB, and if we've got a few unique and echoes left (what I personally think) I think it's fair to think we'll get at least one thing Smash related here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Then Sakurai goes "Oh, by the way, eat ****. I gave you all this and not only did you ask for more, but you kept begging for information every time my beautiful wife and I have dinner. Therefore, I have decided you all shall be assimilated into the game data and become trophy models, stuck in there for eternity to the point you'll eventually forget how to think so I may reverse the process and leave your body to die due to forgetting how to breathe"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Then Sakurai goes "Oh, by the way, eat ****. I gave you all this and not only did you ask for more, but you kept begging for information every time my beautiful wife and I have dinner. Therefore, I have decided you all shall be assimilated into the game data and become trophy models, stuck in there for eternity to the point you'll eventually forget how to think so I may reverse the process and leave your body to die due to forgetting how to breathe"
Wow, confirmation that Sakurai doesn't **** around.

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
You know what I'm hoping/hyped for that like maybe five other people are? More Daemon X Machina info. I'm so stoked that Nintendo is making a mech game that isn't Xenoblade Chronicles X with its "insurance/replacement" mechanics (never finished X, but I do still enjoy it)

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Sakurai said that we'd have all the fighters revealed by the time the game got released, so unless they're gonna do a huge fighter blowout (which they could still do), for the final smash direct, I doubt we'll get absolutely nothing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That’s dark... who hurt you Gwen?

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Oh cool a direct is tomorrow.
besides a newcomer reveal, i'm hoping that a sequel to Tomodachi Life gets announced.

IronTed

Smash Ace
It's hard to say where Smash falls into this. We know TPC does their own directs, so I'm skeptical of anything substantial on the Pokemon front, and that leaves Smash as the other big holiday title to push. But they just did a direct about a month ago, so perhaps they feel they can wait to drop more information. On the other hand it's clearly Nintendo's big game for the year, so why wouldn't they show more of it?

Unless they have another big Q4 title...
NSMBU DX. I'm half serious here, it's certainly not impossible.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, going to do this ahead of time;

:ultskullkid:

:ultincineroar:

:ultgeno:

:ultisaac:

:ultkaratejoe:

:ultchoruskids:

:ultisabelle:

:ultshadow:

:ultken:

I'm feeling at least two of these.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I actually would love BWD don't worry. He should be on this list like the rest of them.

Relevant:

At least one of these is getting out tmrw. I feel it XD
"The Never-Evers"? I feel like Toad and Meowth would be more accurate than these five. :ohwell:

At least these five likely received a ton of votes on the Smash Ballot.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

He says the one source that told him about the direct being tomorrow says the Smashboards leak isn't true.
Could possibly mean he may get some details for this direct in a few hours. Maybe...

"The Never-Evers"? I feel like Toad and Meowth would be more accurate than these five. :ohwell:

At least these five likely received a ton of votes on the Smash Ballot.

It's more of a joke. These 5 probably are the most likely picks anyone supports. They are the "never-ever's because thats exactly what Ridley and K. Rool were before they were shown.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

When they are added like a month after the direct

D

Deleted member

No Smash info is entirely possible and low expectations are always a good thing to have, I think. I'm definitely not ruling out no Smash info tomorrow.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least we got a tease on when the next (and IMO final) Smash Direct is. Not saying I expect it, but it would make sense if we at least got that. At the bare minimum, I could see them plug the online functionalities if the paid online is discussed.

Inb4 something completely outside our speculation happens that throws us all for a giant loop 'cuz Nintendo.

Chrono.

What are the ****ing odds if that one 'leak' ends up being ****ing real?

First that game goes live on the PS Store, now a Direct on the day it claimed.
I'd say pretty low.

Got the time wrong and no 3DS games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Allow me

:ultwaddledee:

:ultelma:

:ultneku:

:ultlloyd:

Some of them may not happen this direct, some may not happen period, but let me dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom