• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Kinda bothers me how everyone is acting like Sakurai has become so predictable lately. It's like the general consensus is that Skull Kid, Issac, and Geno are locks now.

You know what? Instead of getting a popular character, I'd actually prefer we get someone completely unexpected. At least that way we'd be able to go back to having no idea who to expect.

D

Deleted member

Bet, right here right now:

Tomorrow we're seeing either Isaac or Skull Kid. Maybe both.

If neither of those get in, I'll do...something.

Let me get back to you on that.
Change your Avatar to something Anti-Joker for a Month; Persona 5 Protagonist Joker to be specific. None of that Semantics loophole crap lol.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
He's definitely well implemented. I appreciate that, it's a very Sakurai thing.

I just mean in style. He's literally a human...fighter? (Don't know he's style of fighting and don't want to offend lol). This is compared to Space Bounty Hunters, all kinds of monsters, pocket sized or not, Kings of evil, vampire slayers, etc etc you get my point. I just don't really like human fighters who are just that. I mean Ryu could be a real person, minus his blue fire ball (IM REALLY NOT A STREET FIGHTWR FAN LOL) and that's pretty lame to me. This is alllllllll opinion obviously.
Ryu's fighting style is Karate mixed with various other styles he's picked up in his travels. Street Fighter fans call it Shotokan style due to what Capcom USA called it during SFII promotions, though there is little connection between the two..this is why Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Sean, Gouken, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, and Oni are referred to as Shotos (along with occasionally some other non-SF characters like Darkstalkers' Morrigan & Lilith)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Anyone notable retweet the direct announcement yet? Sakurai? Tetsuya Takahashi? Game Freak? Camelot?
All I know is that Mimique's friend "F" predicted a Nintendo Direct for this week 2 weeks ago for no reason at all. He was right.

It was announced that it's a General Direct; not a Smash Direct, so its not guaranteed we'll get anything.
Yeah it's not like they didn't do that for Smash4.. Come the **** on, I get not expecting anything in the Nindies, but a 35 minute Nintendo Direct about upcoming 3DS and Switch games? If you don't expect AT LEAST your classic newcomer trailer you are in denial, no offense.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Start the long con by applying to and joining the Smash Bros development team.
Then leak false info, and post selfies of you with Sakurai.

That'll get this thread's attention span going for about 10 minutes.

D

Deleted member

Sweet, a Direct this week! Very happy to be wrong on that one. 35 minutes with Switch AND 3DS goodies? This'll for sure be a treat regardless if there's Smash info.

I'm keeping expectations low, but I'm sure there'll be a small surprise or two like every Direct. Even if Smash doesn't show up with a reveal, I'm sure we'll get a blurb on when we can expect the next batch of info at the very least, as it's their big holiday release and I'd be surprised if there wasn't even a minor plug for it. Just gonna have to wait and see!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.
Sick, we are getting Issac tomorrow! This guy ironically has a 100% track record.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Sick, we are getting Issac tomorrow! This guy ironically has a 100% track record.
Well, wasn't he right on one thing? I swear he made a thread pre-Nindies direct saying that anyone expecting Shantae was going to be dissapointed.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Still calling it now (Just note that I could be wrong)! At the end of the Direct! Issac, Isabella, Shadow, and Skull Are revealed to be playable!

We see some new stages! More new items, More modes, and get more info revealed about the Spirits mode (I also do hope we see some alternate outfits for a few other characters)!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Kinda bothers me how everyone is acting like Sakurai has become so predictable lately. It's like the general consensus is that Skull Kid, Issac, and Geno are locks now.

You know what? Instead of getting a popular character, I'd actually prefer we get someone completely unexpected. At least that way we'd be able to go back to having no idea who to expect.
I mean i'd rather we get the popular characters we all want. Kinda feels like you're cutting off the nose to spite the face if I'm honest.

D

Deleted member

If there is no character reveal, I will do ONE push-up.
high stakes
If there's no character reveal, I will eat a delicious sandwich.

...Actually, I'll probably eat one regardless if there's a reveal or not. Because sandwiches are yummy.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Geez, I can never keep up with this thread

Yeah? Well I'm betting we see Elma or Shantae, and as for a wild card I bet we'll see Ammy.

D

Deleted member

What do you mean? Are you saying i'm a heartless monster?
He means it's annoying to always shoehorn a character into a conversation, and he's not wrong about that. He is wrong by saying it's endearing in some cases. It's not. Stop it @thread.

It is the internet though, so don't worry about it. We're all here to be annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All I know is that Mimique's friend "F" predicted a Nintendo Direct for this week 2 weeks ago for no reason at all. He was right.

Yeah it's not like they didn't do that for Smash4.. Come the **** on, I get not expecting anything in the Nindies, but a 35 minute Nintendo Direct about upcoming 3DS and Switch games? If you don't expect AT LEAST your classic newcomer trailer you are in denial, no offense.
There were multiple general directs during the Smash 4 hype period where people expected a newcomer reveal and then there wasn’t one.

It was honestly probably 50/50 ratio of directs with Smash reveals to ones without.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If a unique character gets reveal, my money is on them being an old character. Like, pre-Wii old.

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the lateness of this, crashed hard last night so I couldn't be here on time for my reaction. But here's a good visualization from the fact that we're gonna have a Direct tomorrow:

JESUS CHRIST.png

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Is it weird that I want them to save any potential Smash news for the END of the Direct? I think Nintendo fans who don't care about Smash (yes, they exist) could use some relief by having some announcements we'd all look forward to (like, say, a new Animal Crossing for Switch) right out of the gate. The rest of us who are savvy enough to know that there's probably gonna be Smash related news can wait until the end and let everyone else have their day.

I mean, these weird Smash dislikers only had half of E3's presentation to enjoy, and the next Direct after E3, which was a whole 2 months later, was focused entirely on Smash. So it'd be nice if they were reassured right at the start of the Direct that no, Nintendo doesn't have JUST Smash to announce.

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Well, wasn't he right on one thing? I swear he made a thread pre-Nindies direct saying that anyone expecting Shantae was going to be dissapointed.
He said don't expect smash related news in the ninties direct, which he was right about. So he's got like a 66.67% chance of the universe trolling him again.

D

Deleted member

If there's a reveal tomorrow, I personally expect a Pokemon. Probably Incineroar, but I still think it could be Lycanroc, or a total surprise and not be Gen 7 at all.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Still calling it now (Just note that I could be wrong)! At the end of the Direct! Issac, Isabella, Shadow, and Skull Are revealed to be playable!

We see some new stages! More new items, More modes, and get more info revealed about the Spirits mode (I also do hope we see some alternate outfits for a few other characters)!
It's Isabelle, not Isabella. Get it right!

D

Deleted member

If there's a reveal tomorrow, I personally expect a Pokemon. Probably Incineroar, but I still think it could be Lycanroc, or a total surprise and not be Gen 7 at all.
I told y'all earlier, It's Gothitime.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If there is no character reveal, I will do ONE push-up.
high stakes
Imma raise that stake fam

Do a push up for EACH character that is playable in Ultimate. Feel the burn

If Isabelle is revealed as an Echo Fighter, I'll fulfill one request out of the first three users that reply to this post. However, if Isabelle is an unique, those three users will have to each fulfill one request of mine.
I'll take that bet fam

Talk about why Gengar is the best Gen 1 newcomer that should happen along with putting on a Gengar icon until November's Direct

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
On the reveals, I personally believe we won't be seeing any Echo Fighters, since they are revealed in more mundane fashion via gameplay clips compared to more hype-inducing newcomer trailers. That'd be kind of jarring to see as the Smash-related announcement if it's all we get, during the Direct - and it'd be better for Sakurai to take the helm of the presentation as to transition to such announcement if it's there.

I'd wanna be seeing Dixie tomorrow, but it's little hard for me to bank on due how she seems rather difficult to envision as the next unique newcomer announcement if we don't talk about her probably Echo-status. However I feel like Isaac's a bit walking on a thread of avoiding to become the next "Ashley" with how he's being rallied on by that tweet Sakurai made, among other things. I'm little wary on banking on him ATM.

A bit of a wild takes at best here who I'd want to see that I'm highly believing to happen.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Do you guys honestly think they'll show off any echo fighters during the Direct?
I always assumed those would be relegated to Smash Directs or sections of a Direct, like E3, unless they correspond with a character in a trailer.
I'm just not expecting any. I think we're only going to get just one character reveal and that's it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm throwing a "let's watch Smashboards implode" party tomorrow when Goku is revealed.
Both of them, just to annoy people who have a hate boner for either.
Well, if you're gonna party alone, you might as well party naked.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do you guys honestly think they'll show off any echo fighters during the Direct?
I always assumed those would be relegated to Smash Directs or sections of a Direct, like E3, unless they correspond with a character in a trailer.
I'm just not expecting any. I think we're only going to get just one character reveal and that's it.
Echo fighters don’t need trailers if Chrom and Dark Samus are anything to go by. We could get Isabelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom