• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Mario Party and some other titles to be shown.

Masuda is going to be on Pokenchi this weekend to showcase LGPE. I'm assuming we will also see it a little tomorrow as well. However, big pokemon stuff is typically saved for Pokemon Directs.

Tomorrow I am guessing that the brand new Pokemon that will be introduced into LGPE to be showcased and Incineroar Smash Trailer to hop off Pokemon LGPE news.

What I am hoping for is Skull Kid.

Last edited:

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
I think people are forgetting how close we are to launch and how much shorter this timeline has been than previous ones. They announced 5 characters last time and 2 before that. That never happened with Smash 4.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm predicting at least two newcomers: Incineroar and Skull Kid with a few echcos: Dixie, Shadow, Ken

Save the more popular ones for last I guess

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Woke up to the Direct announcement like an hour ago. Even though I've never played the games I've got this feeling Isaac is getting announced.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
I think people are forgetting how close we are to launch and how much shorter this timeline has been than previous ones. They announced 5 characters last time and 2 before that. That never happened with Smash 4.
I agree I think a character or two if we are luck tomorrow, a single reveal in October and a Smash direct in November to finish showcasing the roster before December

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm predicting at least two newcomers: Incineroar and Skull Kid with a few echcos: Dixie, Shadow, Ken

Save the more popular ones for last I guess
Lower expectations though, we may only get 1 character trailer and that's it. It's a possibility at least. If they do more or include echoes too then it'll be awesome.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Woke up to the Direct announcement like an hour ago. Even though I've never played the games I've got this feeling Isaac is getting announced.
This. Sakurai is going for the Infinity Smash Bros. Gauntlet, and each major reveal shows off another stone.
Space - Ridley
Power - K. Rool
Mind - Isaac
Time - Simon/Skull Kid/Chorus Kids/Banjo & Kazooie
Soul - Geno

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just hoping for Isabelle at this point really.

I won't be mad, or even disappointed if she doesn't make it in, but... A dude can hope, right?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
The only character I can see them announcing tomorrow is a new Pokemon rep, and I think that's all the Smash related news we'll get in the Direct. Just a less hype-inducing character to tide fans over until another big Smash announcement later on in the year.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
anybody got that sly cooper direct leak saved that was posted on here?

EDIT: Nevermind I have it saved.

Last edited:
This. Sakurai is going for the Infinity Smash Bros. Gauntlet, and each major reveal shows off another stone.
Space - Ridley
Power - K. Rool
Mind - Isaac
Time - Simon/Skull Kid/Chorus Kids
Soul - Geno
Obligatory:

Now if only someone could photoshop Sakruai's face on Thanos.

anybody got that sly cooper direct leak saved that was posted on here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb_6UOAj_D0
Guy got the time of the direct wrong.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Space - Ridley
Power - K. Rool
Mind - Isaac
Time - Simon/Skull Kid/Chorus Kids
Soul - Geno
Time... Inceniroar...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Keeping my expectations low so as to get utterly annihilated for a third time in a row by whatever gets revealed.

Also hoping for Splatoon 2 updates (delayed monthly weapons/map/gear seems coincidental, but who knows), and maybe Link's Awakening on 3DS.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just gonna say, I don't know who it'll be, but I am placing my bets on Isaac due to this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...rtain_a_golden_sun/?utm_source=reddit-android

If that tweet was done on purpose, now's the time to show it. I personally don't think the Skull kid/Chairs theory has any bearing so I choose Isaac, but I guess look out for Skull Kid if that "pattern" is true I guess lol.

Other than that, Incineroar would be another obvious guess going by Verg.

Basically I would think the reveal was one of those 3, though I'm super reserved on expectations

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If there is a Smash reveal tomorrow, which I kinda doubt, I think a character that isn't on the hype level of :ultridley::ultkrool: but also pretty requested is gonna get revealed. Only ones that come to mind that fit this are Isabelle or Bandanna Waddle Dee. A general direct just feels like an idea time to reveal characters like that.
You doubt that a Direct is going to have a Smash reveal? That's... Interesting.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.
I wouldn't exactly trust anything that user says as he is often likes to post troll topics.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I want Isaac to be announced just so that I can join the Ridley/K. Rool supporters in saying one of my most wanted characters was confirmed.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.
I know I shouldn't (because he's clearly a troll), but...
"He had Zero Presence whatsoever in Smash 4."
...Yup, zero presence whatsoever.

No presence at all.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm gonna hard read either a Pokemon or Geno.

And yes, I will probably be predicting Geno until the game comes out. :V

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If we don't get anything Smash related at least give me something Prime 4 related.
There should be something. The website only a few days ago altered the site by removing all of the "new" labels on everything. Can't remember but i think the same thing happened before the August direct

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lower expectations though, we may only get 1 character trailer and that's it. It's a possibility at least. If they do more or include echoes too then it'll be awesome.
I'm only predicting, not expecting it nor hyping myself

Hell I went in the last direct with low expectations, and it came off EXACTLY what I thought it would be: unique character, a few echo, another unique

So I feel this pattern would happen again but I'm gonna just enjoy it

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Amazing to know the rumors were true. Also, those who doubt if they'll reveal a newcomer are seriosly out of their minds. Of course in a 35 minute Direct that is 3 months away from release they will reveal at least ONE character, come on.

I'm predicting the pokemon and/or Isaac or Skull Kid, depending if they do a trailer at the start AND at the end, or simply dedicate like 5 minutes to just Smash, and possibly one echo fighter, Isabelle if they announce Animal Crossing.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm only predicting, not expecting it nor hyping myself

Hell I went in the last direct with low expectations, and it came off EXACTLY what I thought it would be: unique character, a few echo, another unique

So I feel this pattern would happen again but I'm gonna just enjoy it
Very true. I'm keeping my head down but man we only have 3 months left to release, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was a decent chunk of info again.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Amazing to know the rumors were true. Also, those who doubt if they'll reveal a newcomer are seriosly out of their minds. Of course in a 35 minute Direct that is 3 months away from release they will reveal at least ONE character, come on.

I'm predicting the pokemon and/or Isaac or Skull Kid, depending if they do a trailer at the start AND at the end, or simply dedicate like 5 minutes to just Smash, and possibly one echo fighter, Isabelle if they announce Animal Crossing.
If they don't believe, just throw 'Sakurai will reveal everyone before launch' to him or her.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
There should be something. The website only a few days ago altered the site by removing all of the "new" labels on everything. Can't remember but i think the same thing happened before the August direct
Oh right. That slipped my mind. I do think we're getting something though. My heart says 1 unique character and 2 echoes but my head is telling me that's too much. Lowering expectations just in case.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
6pm EST? Bummer, looks like I'll have to wake up early to catch this one. I'm skeptical about reveals for Smash in particular, given how it'd been less than a month, but if I had to guess I'd lean towards a Pokemon rep being shown off.

I really think the excuse being used against a Leaks thread is terrible when toxicity in this community isn't exclusive to leaks. Hell, just look at this very thread. Refusing to allow new Leak Threads is not preventing anything bad from happening and just makes leaks a whole lot harder to keep track of.
At least how it was a few years ago, it was because of:
  • Toxicity
  • Off-Topic discussions
  • Spam
  • Keeping SWF's reputation in good standing
This thread is actually super laid-back compared to Smash 3DS/Wii U era speculation bar the recent incident. That said, you'll have to ask the staff members in charge of this board as to the more specific policy details of the Ultimate board as a whole.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
6pm EST? Bummer, looks like I'll have to wake up early to catch this one. I'm skeptical about reveals for Smash in particular, given how it'd been less than a month, but if I had to guess I'd lean towards a Pokemon rep being shown off.
Ms Lucina, wasn't it? I know how you feel. For me, direct starts at midnight :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom