• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So that one rumor said that Incineroar and Isaac would be announced tomorrow.

Anyone agree with that or not?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So that one rumor said that Incineroar and Isaac would be announced tomorrow.

Anyone agree with that or not?
That was deconfirmed, that leak said the direct would be at 10 AM EST, it’s now 6 PM EST.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Um, guys, has anyone seen this??
Honestly so glad this was nothing.

1. Even though I can't control myself, truly deep down I do want to save myself from spoilers for just one more day.
2. Sorry to his fans, but Heieieieieieachi seems like one of the most boring possible newcomers. I thought that of Ryu, was right and don't want another generic fighting game character (I don't like most non-Nintendo fighting games).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
That was deconfirmed, that leak said the direct would be at 10 AM EST, it’s now 6 PM EST.
Just because a part is deconfirmed does not mean that everything is deconfirmed. Who knows. Maybe a part is still right.

Oh, and update your signature. Kumatora and Fiora are deconfirmed.

Mario Strikers switch
pretty please?
I am sorry Mr. Robot, but Mario Strikers doesn't seem like a great sport game for me. I'd rather have NSMB Switch

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Honestly so glad this was nothing.

1. Even though I can't control myself, truly deep down I do want to save myself from spoilers for just one more day.
2. Sorry to his fans, but Heieieieieieachi seems like one of the most boring possible newcomers. I thought that of Ryu, was right and don't want another generic fighting game character (I don't like most non-Nintendo fighting games).
I have no problem with fighting game characters, as they can be interesting to match-up with Nintendo characters. However, I do prefer them to be DLC, rather than base roster, particularly with a limited roster. I want characters in the base game you'd never see in a fighting game before. DLC, have at it.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hm. I'm still trying to decide if you being sarcastic or not.
Sorry, no offense but I'm not sarcastic. To be honest, sport games are always bad in a way. I never really liked them either. I'd rather have a platform game or a RPG game, or another Smash game, than the sport games. cough EA cough

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I have a feeling the character reveal will be one that is popular in the west.

Because the direct happens at 7am friday in japan. Most of them will be either in school or going to work

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sorry, no offense but I'm not sarcastic. To be honest, sport games are always bad in a way. I never really liked them either. I'd rather have a platform game or a RPG game, or another Smash game, than the sport games. cough EA cough
Are they bad or do you just not like them

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have no problem with fighting game characters, as they can be interesting to match-up with Nintendo characters. However, I do prefer them to be DLC, rather than base roster, particularly with a limited roster. I want characters in the base game you'd never see in a fighting game before. DLC, have at it.
I mean, idealism, aside, there are already too much third party negotiation in the base game. I can't see them going crazy with it.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Just because a part is deconfirmed does not mean that everything is deconfirmed. Who knows. Maybe a part is still right.

Oh, and update your signature. Kumatora and Fiora are deconfirmed.

I am sorry Mr. Robot, but Mario Strikers doesn't seem like a great sport game for me. I'd rather have NSMB Switch
Got the time wrong
Got the duration of the direct wrong
Did not mention 3DS content

Yeah it's a fake

D

Deleted member

You take that back; Wii Sports was awesome!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Bruh, Mario Strikers ain't anything like EA games :V

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm throwing a "let's watch Smashboards implode" party tomorrow when Goku is revealed.
Both of them, just to annoy people who have a hate boner for either.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, idealism, aside, there are already too much third party negotiation in the base game. I can't see them going crazy with it.
I agree, though what makes me doubt that is that there is a rumor that a Bandai Namco rep is in along with Square Enix so that all the third parties have two unique characters in game (to me that ridiculous, but the tweet was from an insider that implied it). I hope that's wrong (particularly since there's only one third party character I care about for the base game ;)). But if it's true, I still hope for someone like Lloyd, rather than Heihachi, for the base game, for the reasons I stated earlier.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Are we just posting games again?

Here's a game: List your most wanted newcomers you wanted when each SSB was announced; bold the ones that made it in that game.

Melee: Pit, King Dedede, Diddy, Wario, Banjo-Kazooie, Joanna Dark (damn...)

Brawl: Pit, Lucario, Wolf, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong, King Dedede

4: Wolf, Dark Samus, King K. Rool

Ultimate: Any given Sun/Moon Pokemon, Rex & Pyra, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Dixie Kong
64: Mario, Luigi, Link, Yoshi, DK, Diddy, Dixie, Pikachu, Raichu, Mew, Mewtwo, Banjo-Kazooie

Melee: Zelda, Ganondorf, Peach, Bowser, Mewtwo, Pichu, Young Link (OoT, MM or Oracles), Diddy, Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie, Wario

Brawl: Sonic, Mega Man, Wario, Diddy, Dixie, Lyn, Eirika, Sora, Cloud, Terra (FFVI), Krystal, Isaac, Daisy, Geno, Gardevoir

3DS/Wii U: Mega Man, Cloud, Terra (FFVI), Sora, Medusa, Rosalina, Lucina, Palutena, Dark Pit, Dixie Kong, Shantae, Isaac, Lyn, Daisy, Krystal, Geno, Gardevoir

Ultimate: Sora, Terra (FFVI), Dixie, Krystal, Daisy, Lyn, Celica, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Zack (FFVI), Isaac, Shantae, Medusa, Inklings, Octolings, Princess Hilda, Rex & Pyra, Twintelle, Impa, Gardevoir

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Guys, can we please take an moment to appreciate that there is going to be an Nintendo Direct, so that there won't be anymore fake Direct leaks for a while?

Dan_Sic

Smash Rookie
Wasn't there a "leak" that specifically mentioned a September Direct and also mentioned that Ike would be the character showcased on the smash website beforehand as proof? I specifically remeber reading that, though I have mo idea where.

Anyone else remeber/has a link to that?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.
his argument is ruined with Dark Samus lmao

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there a leak last week that said there'd be a direct on the 6th. It was really detailed as well and it said Tails would be Sonic's echo and Shadow would stay as an assist trophy. I don't believe it but it got the date right for the Direct.

Staarih

Smash Master
I have a feeling the character reveal will be one that is popular in the west.

Because the direct happens at 7am friday in japan. Most of them will be either in school or going to work
I dunno, isn't the time pretty standard for a general Nintendo Direct? I recall them happening during the same timeframe before. There's much more stuff other than Smash in it as well, so it would be sort of weird to set the time based on one character reveal for a specific region.

I'm thinking the character could be anyone really.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wasn't there a leak last week that said there'd be a direct on the 6th. It was really detailed as well and it said Tails would be Sonic's echo and Shadow would stay as an assist trophy. I don't believe it but it got the date right for the Direct.
Did it get the time right though?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If it comes down to revealing characters, K. Rool(a big blowout reveal) was under 2 min. Echoes are shorter and could easily be shorter than the reveal plus explanation of the full smash direct. Could reveal three characters in the span of a few minutes.

Time isn’t really an issue. It’s the remaining pool of characters.
I believe it is 3 more Unique fighters. So one tomorrow. Then two plus all remaining echos in a big blowout in November,

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I wonder what are the chances of a trailer revealing multiple characters in one. Granted they'd probably be from different series unless they are echoes. Just thinking about the limited time and Smash having like maybe 5-10 minutes of it max

Untouch

Smash Master

Hmm ah yes, assist trophies can never be ss_1[1].jpg characters, they're finished and have ss_2[1].jpg no chance of ever being playable again.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Really?

I feel like Ryu was always one of the most unique and interesting fighters on the roster.
He's definitely well implemented. I appreciate that, it's a very Sakurai thing.

I just mean in style. He's literally a human...fighter? (Don't know he's style of fighting and don't want to offend lol). This is compared to Space Bounty Hunters, all kinds of monsters, pocket sized or not, Kings of evil, vampire slayers, etc etc you get my point. I just don't really like human fighters who are just that. I mean Ryu could be a real person, minus his blue fire ball (IM REALLY NOT A STREET FIGHTWR FAN LOL) and that's pretty lame to me. This is alllllllll opinion obviously.
Wait...he did the same for Ridley and King K. Rool before they were announced? I don't mean to start conspiracy theories but that's actually a great way to leak info and not get caught. Seriously if Isaac's in this is a person to follow. (I mean not that it helps much since they only leak them the day before lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom