• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
Sorry, no offense but I'm not sarcastic. To be honest, sport games are always bad in a way. I never really liked them either. I'd rather have a platform game or a RPG game, or another Smash game, than the sport games. cough EA cough
that's not what I thought you were being sarcastic about, you seemed genuine about your desire not to have a Mario strikers title, and while I disagree, I respect your opinion. I was wondering why in the ever-loving *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnjKFzFQpfU* would you want another NSMB

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Heihachi isn't boring. This is the same guy that threw his kid of a cliff, straps his rivals to space rockets, headbutts demons and androids and can survive explosion from close distance. He has so much character, that Pikachu acting like Heihachi in Pokken Tekken was instantly recognisable. Also just like Pikachu, his powers are somewhat electric based. Ryu is honestly one of the more interesting characters, he even has his own mechanics. And Heihachi might have the same. He won't have the same moves as Ryu. Anyone arguing that hasn't played both characters in both games yet.

In regards to Nightmare being a better choice, I'd love either one honestly, and I do think Nightmare is more visually appealing in terms of his possible special moves and overall look. Personality wise Heihachi wins imo.

I really want another Namco Bandai rep as it makes no sense to me to only receive one while they are co developping it. A fighting game character would be the best choice imo.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wasn't there a leak last week that said there'd be a direct on the 6th. It was really detailed as well and it said Tails would be Sonic's echo and Shadow would stay as an assist trophy. I don't believe it but it got the date right for the Direct.
I'd love it myself if it were true but it's probably not. That would mean there's an assist trophy showcase in this direct and Shadow's among them. I don't think the next Assist Trophy showcase will happen til' the next (and probably final one before base game) Smash direct.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're trolling.
I thought the fortnite dances made it obvious I wasn't 100% serious

The video got me good though, I freaked out before the forknife thing.

On a serious note, I wouldn't be opposed to a battle bus stage later on...

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. The guy on gamefaqs who said Ridley and King K Rool won't get in a day before they got revealed has now said Isaac won't get in. He doesn't really have an inside source I just think it's kinda funny, maybe Isaac will be confirmed tomorrow just to make this guy wrong lol

Personally I think Incineroar will be revealed tomorrow, he is the perfect filler character.
Good, Isaac is in then

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
He's definitely well implemented. I appreciate that, it's a very Sakurai thing.

I just mean in style. He's literally a human...fighter? (Don't know he's style of fighting and don't want to offend lol). This is compared to Space Bounty Hunters, all kinds of monsters, pocket sized or not, Kings of evil, vampire slayers, etc etc you get my point. I just don't really like human fighters who are just that. I mean Ryu could be a real person, minus his blue fire ball (IM REALLY NOT A STREET FIGHTWR FAN LOL) and that's pretty lame to me. This is alllllllll opinion obviously.

Wait...he did the same for Ridley and King K. Rool before they were announced? I don't mean to start conspiracy theories but that's actually a great way to leak info and not get caught. Seriously if Isaac's in this is a person to follow. (I mean not that it helps much since they only leak them the day before lol).
His win streak got destroyed when he said there would be no smash bros related stuff in the ninties direct. He was actually correct that time lol.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'd like to remind everyone about hype responsibility

it may be a 35-minute direct, but 20 of those minutes could be dedicated to the online service. Always expect the bare minimum so you're happy for what they actually do show!

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
hmmmm.. direct announced for 9/6/2018 western time. but 9/7/2019. for Japan (headquarters)

hmmm Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 stars.
7. .....
hmmmmmm

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I don't trust any leaks solely based on getting the date of the direct right unless it both got the exact time and number of minutes right, which none did.

I fully expect small showcases for Undertale and Luigi's Mansion 3DS, a big announcement or showcase for one of these three:

Metroid Prime 4 (least likely)
Yoshi (very likely)
Star Fox Grand Prix (definitely a chance to at least reveal it if it exists)

Smash Bros and Online will assuredly get time, probably not a ton though for Smash. I do however expect a reveal, and my money would be on Issac, Skull Kid, or Incineroar near the end. We won't get more than 2 characters revealed in a non-smash focused direct in my opinion.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
About the direct tomorrow, i believe that will reveal 1 newcomer and 1 echo fighter.
I wonder if Smash Bros Ultimate is rushing things.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I wonder what are the chances of a trailer revealing multiple characters in one. Granted they'd probably be from different series unless they are echoes. Just thinking about the limited time and Smash having like maybe 5-10 minutes of it max
I think 5 minutes might be pushing it, but even then that could mean a 2 minute reveal at the beginning and a 3 minute reveal at the end (or vice versa). If 10 minutes, they could reveal that and a whole bunch of other stuff, essentially being a Smash Direct mini, talking about the secret mode. But I think a 2-3 minute reveal for one character is more likely.

Last edited:

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
Nintendo direct announced for 9/6/18 and then suddenly a Yooka-Laylee Switch Bundle being announced for 9/7/18 .. hmmm
Okami HD came out the day after a direct but no Amaterasu announcement for Smash so I dont think it means anything.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm praying there's no Simon-level leak from now until tomorrow night. I want to be pleasantly surprised.

That said, I'm gonna say 1 newcomer and 2-3 echoes.

What I want: Dixie and Isabelle echoes, and a trailer with Impa echo and Skull Kid.
What I expect: Shadow and Isabelle echo with an Incineroar trailer.

Also, why are all of y'all sleeping on Impa? She still has a good chance, right?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I expect we’ll get some LGPE news. Haven’t they shown off the gym leaders up to Surge now?

Still really want the Champions to get into Hyrule Warriors. Would also be awesome if they surprised us with Soul Calibur 6 Switch after they denied it earlier (With Link returning as a guest)

I wonder if the character announcement is gonan connect from one of the other announcements in the direct, or if it’ll just be tacked on at the end. Imagine if they dropped echoes throughout though...that’d be nuts!

And we’ll probably get more FE stuff for three houses - Ike Echo Confirmed! /s

The Dragonborn is popular in the west. ._.
Not gonna lie, I’m instantly buying Premium in the unlikely event of that just to show off the background.

And it’s really cool to see I’m not the only one :grin:

D

Deleted member

I'd say all we are grtting is a newcomer trailer but with how much they're pushing Ultimate(25 ****ing minutes in the E3 Direct and a whole Smash Direct two months afterwards), I'd say it's possible it gets at least 10 minutes unless they somehow have more stuff to talk abiut than E3

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I think 5 minutes might be pushing it, but even then that could mean a 2 minute reveal at the beginning and a 3 minute reveal at the end (or vice versa). If 10 minutes, they could reveal that and a whole bunch of other stuff, essentially being a Smash Direct mini, talking about the secret mode. But I think a 2-3 minute reveal for one character is more likely.
Hopefully it focuses specifically on characters as to not waste time if it's not a lot. We need to kill some rumors lol. Though I'm probably expect one this time.

D

Deleted member

A shame that a dedicated 'Leak' thread to compile all of these isn't allowed. It sure would be handy about now.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
A shame that a dedicated 'Leak' thread to compile all of these isn't allowed. It sure would be handy about now.
Mods really want us to talk about it in here, which is kind of a bad thing since this is also the "General" thread for Ultimate as well lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You guys think they may increase the amount of info they’ll pump out because July had no new character announcements, Echo or otherwise...?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just wanna say that whatever gets revealed tmrw, welcome that Character with open arms because it is part of the roster and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Every pick so far has either been "that's a fan favorite!" Or " they actually do fit in smash!" So im pretty confident it'll be good regardless.

You guys think they may increase the amount of info they’ll pump out because July had no new character announcements, Echo or otherwise...?
I think so. October may have a random trailer or a small announcement

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Sure, It makes sense. I'm certain that we'll see more news and stuff come out as of late. In other news, I get a feeling that we'll see an F-Zero game at the Direct for some reason. I dunno, just a feeling on my end

D

Deleted member

I really think the excuse being used against a Leaks thread is terrible when toxicity in this community isn't exclusive to leaks. Hell, just look at this very thread. Refusing to allow new Leak Threads is not preventing anything bad from happening and just makes leaks a whole lot harder to keep track of.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Possible because well we're in September now, quarter of the way now through it, kinda.

This is literally it. October and November are going to fly by in a second.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sure, It makes sense. I'm certain that we'll see more news and stuff come out as of late. In other news, I get a feeling that we'll see an F-Zero game at the Direct for some reason. I dunno, just a feeling on my end
If Black Shadow does indeed end up happening, I have a feeling it may be to help promote a new F-Zero game after all this time

pls

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Welp i just woke up half an hour ago and saw it… Verg says the leak posted here is fake. So i guess we really don't know what to expect. I just hope the 3DS part doesn't take way too much time, i couldn't care less about it…

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I honestly have no clue what to expect out of this direct Smash wise, but I could theoretically see Isaac and/or Shantae getting announced: I do feel the former is far more likely as of right now.

Last edited:

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Some time lines for reference (I did not make these):
We don't have that long until release, especially if Sakurai wants to reveal the entire roster before launch.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
If Black Shadow does indeed end up happening, I have a feeling it may be to help promote a new F-Zero game after all this time

pls
I get the feeling that if a F-Zero game doesn't happen we would still get Black Shadow regardless, but if a F-Zero game does happen we would get an additional newcomer. I feel that Black Shadow is certain, no matter what. But I can see a new F-Zero game influencing the roster more-so

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Welp i just woke up half an hour ago and saw it… Verg says the leak posted here is fake. So i guess we really don't know what to expect. I just hope the 3DS part doesn't take way too much time, i couldn't care less about it…
The word of someone who made the same guesses everyone else has been making for years and happened to be right this one time should not be taken as sacred. Verg knows nothing.

However I think the leak here is fake too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom