• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No 3rd Parties are happening tomorrow, those are usually saved for big presentations.
If it starts with Smash, it's Isaac.
If it ends with Smash, it's Isabelle or a Pokemon.

You heard it here first, folks

Chrono.

Here’s a game. Who do you want and expect to be shown tomorrow?

Want: Isaac or Dragon Quest character
Expect: Skull Kid or Geno.
Want: Tails/Shadow or Skul Kid
Expect: Isaac or maybe even Geno or Isabelle

Though I'd be more than okay with just about anything.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
So when did Issac and Geno go from being long-shots to being on the top of everyone's prediction list? These guys aren't exactly iconic...

Skullkid/Majora and a Sun/Moon Pokemon rep are the only realistic predictions I'm seeing nowadays. I suppose it's to be expected, all the characters people wanted are already in or deconfirmed (RIP Waluigi). Now we're all scrapping the bottom of the barrel for more newcomer ideas.
They are now likely due to Sakurai going for fandemands, and them being 2 major wants from fans. We aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
So who are rumormongers saying that the next character revealed will be?

I feel like it could be Skull Kid to be honest.
Most rumors say Isaac, Incineroar or Skull Kid. Likely all bandwagoning off of each other. Though I wouldn't be surprised if its at least 1 of the 3.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm hoping that they will probably mention around the end of the Direct about the Torna DLC for XC2 featuring Elma as the new rare Blade, then talk about a XCX as a Switch port in the works, then finally... "Oh we have one more... " *Skell engines on full blast* *announcer's shouting* "WE HAVE ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE WE GO!!!"

Elma reveal trailer:

Elma Goes Into Overdrive

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ms Lucina, wasn't it? I know how you feel. For me, direct starts at midnight :(
I actually kind of wish it started at midnight. I could take an early lunch or keep phone out for Twitter updates while waiting for customers.

Am actually using a Mia avatar. Best Tellius girl.

I shouldn't say anything because my sleep schedule's a joke but is 6 PM really early for you?
I'm full time 3rd shift. I go to work at 10pm EST generally. Being an adult can be weird at times. I'm only up right now because I have the day off today. lol

D

Deleted member

Y'know what, let's break the internet. I expect something like Isaac, but let's just go all out and do Banjo-Kazooie, Rex & Pyra and Geno.
And ALL OF THEM will be in that Direct.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Reminder: A lot of people predicted a Direct tomorrow, Sly Cooper giving details doesn't really make it legit.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I'm the only one who would be legitimately happy about that.

Partially because I had Gothitelle on my team. And partially because the collective backlash from all the Gardevoir fans would be really fun to watch.
I would honestly be happy; Gothitelle was a lifesaver for my first playthrough of Black/White.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No 3rd Parties are happening tomorrow, those are usually saved for big presentations.
If it starts with Smash, it's Isaac.
If it ends with Smash, it's Isabelle or a Pokemon.

You heard it here first, folks
If you’re wrong I’m cursing your ass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm hoping that they will probably mention around the end of the Direct about the Torna DLC for XC2 featuring Elma as the new rare Blade, then talk about a XCX as a Switch port in the works, then finally... "Oh we have one more... " *Skell engines on full blast* *announcer's shouting* "WE HAVE ONE MORE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE WE GO!!!"

Elma reveal trailer:

Elma Goes Into Overdrive
The Wind Blows Hard In December September

I need this so badly omg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like I'm the only one who would be legitimately happy about that.

Partially because I had Gothitelle on my team. And partially because the collective backlash from all the Gardevoir fans would be really fun to watch.
Gothitelle would be a more interesting reveal to me because it strikes a good balance of being unexpected and getting people's panties in a bunch

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People act like supporting Geno means we're scraping the bottom of the barrel

But I guess that means we've been scraping the bottom since after Melee was released

No one needed to be added after Melee I guess

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262

Want: Skullkid or Ratchet & Clank
Expect: Skullkid or a Pokemon from Sun/Moon.

All aboard the Skullkid Hype Train!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
To be fair, none of the new Echo fighters got a reveal trailer so we can expect them to pop up outta nowhere.
Yeah, but like I said, it'd be very underwhelming announcement, especially due the gameplay-clip format we saw for all of the Echoes so far (sans Richter, but he was joined by Simon anyway).
I don't think they'd want to throw something like that to what is considered a big deal and most sought-over announcement in Directs these days. They care more about building Smash's hype than that.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Only newcomer that'd make me lose my **** is Banjo & Kazooie, though I don't think it's happening. 2nd place goes to Elma.

Something I find funny is I'm more excited at the idea of potential echoes. I feel like they'd be an easy thing to throw in a direct with "here's 2 more echoes for Smash".

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y’know Sakurai did say all the newcomers will be shown before the game releases so there is a possibility that we get 2 newcomers tomorrow... not saying we will or that it’s likely, but there is a chance.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute, guys. I JUST remembered the worst part about all these Directs. It's not the disappointment from Nintendo and it's not the exuberant wants...

IT'S THE FACT WE STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH VINNY FINDING A WAY TO TRICK US WITH THE BANJO-KAZOOIE THEME.
NOTHING IS SACRED.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Am I the only one who doesn't want an unexpected newcomer?

It's kinda sounding like anti-Gematsu arguments from the Sm4sh, "I want an unexpected character because it would derail speculation and be totally random and out of left field."

You should have better reasons for wanting a character than just wanting to mix-up speculation.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Wait a minute, guys. I JUST remembered the worst part about all these Directs. It's not the disappointment from Nintendo and it's not the exuberant wants...

IT'S THE FACT WE STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH VINNY FINDING A WAY TO TRICK US WITH THE BANJO-KAZOOIE THEME.
NOTHING IS SACRED.
I want Vinny to do the fakeout and then all of a sudden it actually plays and he freaks out.

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet

It's kinda sounding like anti-Gematsu arguments from the Sm4sh, "I want an unexpected character because it would derail speculation and be totally random and out of left field."

You should have better reasons for wanting a character than just wanting to mix-up speculation.
I mean its that or we see another 5000 posts about Incineroar, Skull Kid, Geno, Isabelle, and Isaac

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
People act like supporting Geno means we're scraping the bottom of the barrel

But I guess that means we've been scraping the bottom since after Melee was released

No one needed to be added after Melee I guess
If by "people" you mean just me. :laugh:

I just hope people aren't disappointed when Smash Ultimate comes out and Geno and Isaac are nowhere to be seen.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

NOTHING IS SACRED.
I want the Smash trailer to start with the classic cross opening, and then while the screen is still black as it transitions into the trailer proper, Vinny plays the theme.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Geno and Skull Kid in October would perfectly suit the month

It's a shame Ashley can't join that fun :(

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

quote me next time

i don't like gothitelle as a pokemon and would prefer her not to be in smash, but Incineroar speculation followed by a reveal is boring to me. Buzzwole 4 lyf thx
Do I expect incineroar? yeah, but it's not because i like the character, it's because it's been talked to death so much that it's at the forefront of my mind

Again, to make it clear: the gen 7 reps i personally support are Buzzwole and Decidueye, and I have my reasons for both that aren't "NOT INCINEROAR YEAAAAAAAAH"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If by "people" you mean just me. :laugh:

I just hope people aren't disappointed when Smash Ultimate comes out and Geno and Isaac are nowhere to be seen.
I'd say I'll @ you when they are to rub it in your face. But I honestly don't care enough to remember you

Chrono.

I've been wanting Tails since Melee.

Mixing up speculation would be a bonus. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom