• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Expect: Skull Kid

Reasoning: Several """""""""""""hints""""""""""" on social media of them just featuring Skull Kid figures/masks, "Turn Back the Clock" tweet, and the most valid source, my sneaking suspicion.

Also expect them to reveal additional echos. Most obvious would be either Isabelle or Ken

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems like there is another coloum/interview, this time about the songs in Smash Ultimate.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...-the-process-of-choosing-and-including-songs/
Sakurai said:
Every time we use a song from a guest series we have to shell out a lot of money for the right to use that song. It’d be difficult to acquire the rights to every song from every game, so – as we were only able to record a few songs for them – some titles might feel a bit underrepresented.
Did you consider that the reason Cloud got minimal treatment is likely because he was exponentially more expensive to acquire than a character like Bayonetta? Therefore they went with next to the bare minimum when it comes to necessary content. Knowing how Square treats Cloud and their general IPs, it’s not a huge stretch.
Called that one from a mile away. SE are stingy, miserly ********. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait a minute, guys. I JUST remembered the worst part about all these Directs. It's not the disappointment from Nintendo and it's not the exuberant wants...

IT'S THE FACT WE STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH VINNY FINDING A WAY TO TRICK US WITH THE BANJO-KAZOOIE THEME.
NOTHING IS SACRED.
I know this is a ****post but... Can't you just watch a different stream? lmao

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. I can’t wait for a bunch of fake
Leaks to be Deconfirmed

2. GENOOOOOOO! Please?

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
Praying for an Animal Crossing Switch or Pikmin 4 announcement. Oh uh, and Smash as well I guess.

I actually think most peoples predictions have been pretty realistic. My Biggest Prayer is for Chibi-Robo and I think it'd be cool cause it'd throw everyone into a speculation tizzy about smash polls and whatnot. My realistic guess though is probably Geno. He's a long time fan demand and Sakurai want and the Mario 3 song today makes me feel even more confident in that. Since it's a general direct though I think it'll be just one character and maybe an Echo.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who doesn't want an unexpected newcomer?

It's kinda sounding like anti-Gematsu arguments from the Sm4sh, "I want an unexpected character because it would derail speculation and be totally random and out of left field."

You should have better reasons for wanting a character than just wanting to mix-up speculation.
I don't care if you don't like my reasoning, I want a surprise newcomer because none of the most speculated interest me that much(I'd like Isaac the most tho) and a surprise newcomer would, even from someone I don't particularly care about, would be a pleasent one not only to make speculation more interesting, but to give fans who are being talked down something they want too.

D

Deleted member

I want Vinny to do the fakeout and then all of a sudden it actually plays and he freaks out.
This just might top Maximillian Dood's reaction to Cloud being in Smash. He can't keep getting away with this.
**** it, I'm going all in for Banjo.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Here’s a game. Who do you want and expect to be shown tomorrow?

Want: Isaac or Dragon Quest character
Expect: Skull Kid or Geno.
Want:
Newcomer: Any Newcomer
Echo: Shadow

Expect:
Newcomer: Incineroar (the perfect filler character)
Echo: Either Isabelle or Ken (he has a game releasing on October 25th 2018 in Japan, they probably will make Ken a fall release to advertise)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

It's kinda sounding like anti-Gematsu arguments from the Sm4sh, "I want an unexpected character because it would derail speculation and be totally random and out of left field."

You should have better reasons for wanting a character than just wanting to mix-up speculation.

Agreed. I just don't think "unexpected" is happening this time around. Even Simon was mentioned by people before Vergeben leaked him. Its probably going to be popular choices this time because thats what Sakurai said he was doing: using the Ballot for character choices. It may not be everyone, but I'd assume the remaining newcomers are what most people think.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Only one request remains. Who else will bet their freedom on Isabelle's moveset?
I would but considering that I actually want Isabelle to have a unique moveset I'll just enjoy the show if the others are wrong:)

Want: Elma, and/or Amaterasu, or Shantae
Expect: Elma or Isaac
The Wind Blows Hard In December September

I need this so badly omg
Preach! Me too, I want at least one character on my Wishlist to get in Smash.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Found this on Gamefaqs.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76970115

It's interesting.

His post below:
"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

K. Rool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."

D

Deleted member

Want: Tie between Skull Kid and Octoling.
Expect: Incineroar or Lycanroc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Found this on Gamefaqs.

It's interesting.

His post below:
"

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

K. Rool:

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."
That'd be hilarious considering loz was shilling for Skull Kid for the longest time and decided to switch to Isaac for this direct

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Wants: Any news related to Metroid Prime 4, Pikmin 4, and a new Animal Crossing. Smash related, Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Geno or Medusa.

Expect: Pokemon, Mario Party (which I'm ok with. Need to see a bit more of MP it before I buy it), various other games I don't care as much about. Smash related, Bandana Dee and an echo. Either them or just Incineroar. Incineroar makes too much sense with Pokemon no doubt being promoted too this direct.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Found this on Gamefaqs.

It's interesting.

His post below:
"

Ridley:

K. Rool:

The OP is a liar. Don't believe her. She's a complete failure, anyways.

She got it right, but ONLY because it was an safe guess, and it was easily predictable. She shouldn't have made that thread.

What I'm trying to say is I don't like her behavior. Sounds cocky to me.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see someone weird like Dig-Dug or Urban Champion, the weirdest characters are some of the most fun to play, especially Game & Watch and Duck Hunt. On the other hand I want everyone's favorites to get in because I got mine when Ridley, K. Rool, and Dark Samus got announced, along with Wolf coming back.

I fully anticipate Issac and Geno, I think Skull Kid is 50-50 because he actually could be a boss that summons the moon assist trophy if you don't beat him in a certain amount of time, but he very well could be playable too (I hope he's in for the record).

I really want a metal mario echo/clone which won't happen, Black Shadow who is iffy (I still believe the French leak so I'm more confident than most in his chances), and Banjo who is a complete toss-up.

If we see Minecraft representation then Banjo's chances go up for sure.

My prediction for tomorrow is Issac and Felix echo. Maybe Incineroar too, but doubtful (he will still be in most likely)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What leak?
Gematsu was the Vergeben of Sm4sh speculation, except it was more credible. Many agree that it was true, and that whoever was the source behind it likely had access to early conceptual documents for the game, as it missed Chrom and Chorus Kids, two characters widely speculated to have been cut for different reasons.

Chrono.

Lloyd Irving my dudes.

EDIT: As in I wouldn't be totally shocked if he showed up tomorrow.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262

She got it right, but ONLY because it was an safe guess, and it was easily predictable. She shouldn't have made that thread.

I'm definitely getting the impression that they're just taking an easy guess. Zelda fans love Majora's Mask and have been requesting Skullkid's addition to Smash for a while now.

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Oh boy here we go again, Ridley and K.Rool safe guesses and easily predictable. The next thing you know is everybody saw Stage Morphing coming and that it was obvious as hell.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I would have put K Rool and Ridley on a list regardless of if it was safe or not

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Gematsu was the Vergeben of Sm4sh speculation, except it was more credible. Many agree that it was true, and that whoever was the source behind it likely had access to early conceptual documents for the game, as it missed Chrom and Chorus Kids, two characters widely speculated to have been cut for different reasons.
However, we don't know which RH character was considered. All we have is an emblem for the series.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm definitely getting the impression that they're just taking an easy guess. Zelda fans love Majora's Mask and have been requesting Skullkids addition to Smash for a while now.
Skull Kid is a safe guess, and one everyone is making, even I just said a bout a page ago "I expect skull kid".

But this person supposedly guessed K.Rool the day before his reveal and Ridley the day before his reveal.

Neither are ground breaking predictions but the day before thing and the 100 percent batting average makes them more valid than say Me :v

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079

I just think a lot of people want a sleeper character or someone completely unexpected to get in just because it helps change the conversation when it comes to speculation, but I don't believe that's the only reason.
For Gematsu, when the Robin and Lucina trailer came out, everyone put the leak to rest and got carried away with what else there could be. Hell, most people who wanted Robin and Lucina were laughed at because Chrom was listed on Gematsu.
Same thing even happened with Ridley before E3.
I think most people got excited, because it meant that some of their sleeper picks got discussion and were considered as potential roster picks. And in the case of some members here, they actually eventually did get in despite no one ever really bringing them up.

Like me personally, most of my wanted characters are ones that no one really discusses or brings up given the current cycled through characters, so it'd be such a sigh of relief if I got one of them or someone along those lines to help see how predictions will line up. It's just fun to see how people's predictions and opinions sway over the course of the game's pre-release cycle.
Most people just want to be on the contrary, sure, but that's not the case for everyone.
People want to get others to find interest in their characters, and possibly their series, or at least their potential as a fighter instead of getting ignored or passed over despite their character and popularly discussed ones having practically the same chances.
EDIT: Tried to add a bit more clarity.

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as there are three more months to go before the game is released, I believe this means that there will be 2 more Directs after tomorrow's. Every character has to be shown before release and it's a safe guess that the next two directs are going to be Smash-oriented. If there are 5 newcomers left to show, I believe tomorrow's Direct will have one of them and the next two will each have two of the others. It's also entirely possible that the character they decide to show tomorrow may also have an echo, especially considering how important they seem to be for this game (while not being part of the 5 planned newcomers I mentioned).

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Who hurt you?
...I mean, it sounds like Sakurai is putting fan favorites in game. Don't you remember when there was a ballot in Smash 4, and that it said that the ballot info would be used for future Smash titles? Yes, that's what happened with Ultimate.

If the ballot didn't happen, then Ridley, K. Rool and Skullkid would not have been safe choices. But since the former two got confirmed, then the third is also a safe choice too.

D

Deleted member

But what if you're playing as Funky Kong during Funky Mode? Not to worry! Alfonzo will take his place!
...Dangit, now I want to see Alfonzo on a surfboard.

A little off topic but still kinda on topic because we're talking about the Direct: I hope they surprise us with a cool extra mode in Luigi's Mansion 3DS. I've always liked the idea of a New Game+ where you play as Mario in a harder version of the Mansion.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

I want a unexpected character in the once in a Blue Moon off chance it's Ammy. And since I'm not expecting her, but hoping it'll be her it still counts as a unexpected character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom