• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Found this on Gamefaqs.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76970115

It's interesting.

His post below:
"
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-youve-met-with-a-terrible-fate.66636/

For reference the same person made a Ridley and K. Rool thread the day before they were revealed, look at the dates:

Ridley:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-ridlify-your-avatars.47838/

K. Rool:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-its-time-to-k-roolify-your-avatars.60207/

People on the forum also believe him to be an insider, and other known insiders are known to post there."

This...actually could work. I wouldn't doubt it. Lets keep it for now.

Edit:

You just have to believe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh boy here we go again, Ridley and K.Rool safe guesses and easily predictable. The next thing you know is everybody saw Stage Morphing coming and that it was obvious as hell.
Of course.

Training Mode getting its own dedicated stage was obviously going to happen too.
And let's not forget that Simon Belmont was so obvious, and Richter even more so. :V
Literally everything we've seen about Ultimate was obviously going to happen.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Of course.

Training Mode getting its own dedicated stage was obviously going to happen too.
And let's not forget that Simon Belmont was so obvious, and Richter even more so. :V
Literally everything we've seen about Ultimate was obviously going to happen.
But Incineroar, please see my post above! Skullkid would have not been an safe choice if not for Ridley and K.Rool being in game!

Chrono.

Ridley was RUMORED before E3, but that barely means anything as Ridley is always rumored for Smash.

No one really expected him. Hell, no one even expected every single character to come back. Pretty much all of us thought Cloud was a goner, but I'm sure no one remembers that either. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ridley and K.Rool weren't safe guesses, but they were popular ones. A lot of people would put them on their fake leaks to grab attention due to their fan demand.

Whether or not that means that "leaker" is another fraud...eh, we'll see.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I know Skull Kid has had a support base for a while but I don't think it's nearly as large as Ridley's and K. Rool's. Idk maybe in the Brawl days but I wasn't around back then.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
But Incineroar, please see my post above! Skullkid would have not been an safe choice if not for Ridley and K.Rool being in game!
And this same person predicted both Ridley and K.Rool, and to reiterate, a day prior to their reveals.

That's a bit more interesting than just lucky guessing

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:

-Virtual Console with Gamecube, Wii and the rest, with complete access to every game as long as you're subscribed to the Online service (a la Xbox Game Pass)
-Pikmin 4 reveal
-Metroid Prime 4 gameplay
-Metroid Prime Trilogy port
-New StarFox and F-Zero games
-Mainline Pokemon game gameplay reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
-My gal Shantae announced for Smash

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Y'know what, let's break the internet. I expect something like Isaac, but let's just go all out and do Banjo-Kazooie, Rex & Pyra and Geno.
And ALL OF THEM will be in that Direct.
Go big or go home. Banjo & Kazooie in Smash alongside an N64 Classic with Rare titles, Geno in Smash with Super Mario RPG as the first SNES title for the online service, and Rex & Pyra in addition to Elma, to go along with Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch.

And that's the first 5 minutes.

D

Deleted member

Ridley was RUMORED before E3, but that barely means anything as Ridley is always rumored for Smash.

No one really expected him. Hell, no one even expected every single character to come back. Pretty much all of us thought Cloud was a goner, but I'm sure no one remembers that either. :p
I was firmly on the "no cuts from Smash 4" camp tbh

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Reminder: A lot of people predicted a Direct tomorrow, Sly Cooper giving details doesn't really make it legit.
Honestly, anyone who describes it in that insanely specific detail shouldn't be believed. The possibility of the source knowing that many acute detailed descriptions who also isn't afraid of the non-disclosure agreement he signed that could end his career and also felt so strongly about a trailer that he had to share everything in exact detail to that degree is... Well. It's kind of unlikely.

There's also the possibility that the leaker saw the trailer himself, so he *is* the source, but that seems even more unlikely since a public posting could be traced back to him.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Go big or go home. Banjo & Kazooie in Smash alongside an N64 Classic with Rare titles, Geno in Smash with Super Mario RPG as the first SNES title for the online service, and Rex & Pyra in addition to Elma, to go along with Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch.

Spoiler, the direct is 5 minutes long

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From the music interview:
One person in particular worked strangely hard on Fire Emblem’s music, so the number of tracks from that series increased as well.
[Hope for Twilight of the Gods intensifies]

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
And this same person predicted both Ridley and K.Rool, and to reiterate, a day prior to their reveals.

That's a bit more than just lucky guessing
Ok, maybe it's lucky guessing, maybe not, but still I think Skullkid is a safe choice after Ridley/K.Rool were revealed. Isaac might be more likely than we think.

I do not want to bother you, anyways :(

From the music interview:

[Hope for Twilight of the Gods intensifies]
inb4 NOOO NO MORE FE PLEASE STOP IT

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If Shantae gets announced everyone in this thread has to do a face reveal
No thanks..as a transgirl, that'd just be inviting mean comments..
Man, I can't believe someone's supporting turning poor Junior into an orphan
Yeah..we should kill the Baby Bowser knock-off instead.
I told y'all earlier, It's Gothitime.
And then when you're right?
Called that one from a mile away. SE are stingy, miserly ********. :p
Isn't it more Nobou Uematsu then Square-Enix? From what I heard, he retains the rights to his songs, hence being able to do remixes of them for his Black Mages albums.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Ridley and K.Rool weren't safe guesses, but they were popular ones. A lot of people would put them on their fake leaks to grab attention due to their fan demand.
This is my exact reasoning behind Verg being a fraud. He did exactly that, he just put Ridley on his fake leak because he's popular with fans and has been for years. Simon is the most shocking thing he predicted and even that's not too far-fetched. Everything else is either a safe guess or has been interpreted wrong by people ("No cuts" does not mean "Every character that has ever been in Smash is coming back").

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like we could get two reveals in the Direct, it seems to be a recurring theme of at least two non-Echoes getting revealed each Direct or event.

D

Deleted member

-Virtual Console with Gamecube, Wii and the rest, with complete access to every game as long as you're subscribed to the Online service (a la Xbox Game Pass)
-Pikmin 4 reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
-TW201
-Etrian Odyssey game revealed for the Switch
-Square Enix gives us some mother****ing RPGs
-Wonder-Red or Crono revealed for Smash

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262

-Pikmin 4 reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
Mother 3 remake and a new Paper Mario game in the same style as the first two games.

Last edited:

fortun8

Smash Cadet
personally, i don't have much hope for a lot of smash info for this direct, but if we get a new fighter, i have a feeling it'll be a pokemon!

as for what i want...probably Lycanroc or a UB for a pokemon, though i expect Incineroar. everything else is a pretty far-away dream! i'm excited to be able to see this direct, since i missed the last one. i just hope that people will feel even better about the roster as time goes on!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796

-Pikmin 4 reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
All Mother remakes combined in one...Something like a Trilogy.
New AC game.
Golden Sun.
Bravely Third.

That's all.

D

Deleted member

-Pikmin 4 reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
Animal Crossing would be nice. I wouldn't mind Pikmin 4 either. Heck, I'd get excited even if it was just Pikmin 3 being ported to Switch.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is my exact reasoning behind Verg being a fraud. He did exactly that, he just put Ridley on his fake leak because he's popular with fans and has been for years. Simon is the most shocking thing he predicted and even that's not too far-fetched. Everything else is either a safe guess or has been interpreted wrong by people ("No cuts" does not mean "Every character that has ever been in Smash is coming back").
Yeah. Not only that, Verg has failed to predict King K. Rool as well as all confirmed echo fighters (Daisy, Richter Belmont, Chrom, and Dark Samus).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Direct tomorrow, huh?

Making a bold prediction.

Smash starts and ENDS the direct.

1 unique, then an echo or two, then they get to other games and info, then close with another unique newcomer.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I know Skull Kid has had a support base for a while but I don't think it's nearly as large as Ridley's and K. Rool's. Idk maybe in the Brawl days but I wasn't around back then.
Honestly, I think Skull Kid's fanbase is more just the Zelda fanbase in general, while Ridley and K. Rool had more ardent fans that wanted those characters specifically.

The Legend of Zelda hasn't had a new character since Melee if we count Toon Link as a natural evolution of Young Link. And its main villain is a Captain Falcon clone. And Sheik used to just be a part of Zelda. And three of its current six characters in Ultimate are various versions of Link.

Since Skull Kid is the most likely scenario for a Zelda newcomer, he has the entire Zelda fanbase rallying behind him now.

D

Deleted member

But see, you're forgetting the best part. You know how they got the Online right? I know the one way EVERYONE will quit whining and complaining.

WE'RE GONNA GET SUPER MARIO BROS. 2: ONLINE EDITION, BAYBEE!

maxresdefault.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

-Pikmin 4 reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
Impossible dreams? Let's go.

- New Punch-Out!!
- New trailer for Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Every remaining character in my signature is playable in Ultimate, plus Isabelle and Chandelure
- Switch Virtual Console instead of this backwards subscription nonsense, with NES, SNES, GB, GCN, GBA, DS, and Wii games included
- New Starfy
- Gen VIII is shown despite Let's Go not being out yet

With the exception of the second one, it's all damn near impossible. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom