• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
From the music interview:

[Hope for Twilight of the Gods intensifies]
You know there's gonna be someone upset at Fire Emblem getting more remixes even though Sakurai left it to the composers to do what they wanted.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I know Skull Kid has had a support base for a while but I don't think it's nearly as large as Ridley's and K. Rool's. Idk maybe in the Brawl days but I wasn't around back then.
If it weren't for his missing AT status he wouldn't be as huge as he is right now. People just want another Zelda rep

D

Deleted member

But Incineroar, please see my post above! Skullkid would have not been an safe choice if not for Ridley and K.Rool being in game!
Ridley and K. Rool really have nothing to do with Skull Kid being a "safe choice".

The only connection the three have is that this one poster posted about them the day before their reveal trailers.
Personally, I feel it's just coincidence rather than a straight up legitimate source of information. But we'll see when tomorrow comes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What about the first one?
There's Ridley and the Inklings.
Honestly, I think Skull Kid's fanbase is more just the Zelda fanbase in general, while Ridley and K. Rool had more ardent fans that wanted those characters specifically.

The Legend of Zelda hasn't had a new character since Melee if we count Toon Link as a natural evolution of Young Link. And its main villain is a Captain Falcon clone. And Sheik used to just be a part of Zelda. And three of its current six characters in Ultimate are various versions of Link.

Since Skull Kid is the most likely scenario for a Zelda newcomer, he has the entire Zelda fanbase rallying behind him now.
The Zelda fans will take any character, not just Skull Kid. Skull Kid is also a bandwagon pick, like Simon Belmont was. Everyone jumped on the Skull Kid hype train because of LoZ.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Is there going to be a thread that just gives bulletpoints on what gets announced? I'm busy tomorrow and want to see just the salient points. I'll YouTube the trailers I like later.

Here’s a game. Who do you want and expect to be shown tomorrow?
Expect: Incineroar (or other Pokémon), possibly with an Isabelle echo
Want: Skull Kid, and maybe Tails if I'm really lucky.

Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:
- Hyrule Warriors DLC including the champions as playable and a BotW Adventure mode map.
- Surprise Soul Calibur 6 for Switch reveal, with Link reprising as guest.
- Dovahkiin for Smash! :lol:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I want a boring as **** character like Banjo or Lycanroc tomorrow because like that when the direct finishes I'll go "Wow, it's a good thing I'm not excited, I'd have trouble sleeping Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" cause it'll end at nearly 1AM for me

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Zelda fans will take any character, not just Skull Kid. Skull Kid is also a bandwagon pick, like Simon Belmont was. Everyone jumped on the Skull Kid hype train because of LoZ.
That was... uh... yeah. What I said.

Thanks for summarizing?

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
If it weren't for his missing AT status he wouldn't be as huge as he is right now. People just want another Zelda rep
Shadow and Skullkid not being assist trophies doesn't mean they'll be playable fighters. Isaac was removed as an assist trophy in Smash 4 and he isn't playable in that game.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I better start watching, I don't want to miss the secret character reveal approximately 22.34 hours away from the start /s
Believe it or not it could happen again. Apparently the fact that the new fighter would get revealed via the music was leaked on 4chan 2 days before it happened, and it went completely ignored. There's no way it happens the same way again, but just be wary if something similar happens and you don't want spoilers.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
This time. Sakurai will have a Shrek DVD bookcase in the background just to mess with the "Chairs are hinting something" speculators.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ridley and K. Rool really have nothing to do with Skull Kid being a "safe choice".

The only connection the three have is that this one poster posted about them the day before their reveal trailers.
Personally, I feel it's just coincidence rather than a straight up legitimate source of information. But we'll see when tomorrow comes.
Hng. Yes, I suppose I could call it coincidence, Mr. Incineroar, since it does seem like a easy prediction. I wouldn't trust her though, and I will never do, even if it's true. Who knows...nothing will last forever. At a point, someone's gonna silence her.

Oh, and I heard a rumor that you won't be appearing in the game, at least not now. Or maybe the opposite, him not being in direct and you in direct.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
If we hear substantial amounts about Smash at all, I'm far more interested in non-character information. A detailing of the online modes would be worth so much more than any character.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Will there be a separate reactions thread for this Direct like for the Smash one? I didn't get to join you guys reacting because of school.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I want a boring as **** character like Banjo or Lycanroc tomorrow because like that when the direct finishes I'll go "Wow, it's a good thing I'm not excited, I'd have trouble sleeping Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" cause it'll end at nearly 1AM for me
You really do have bad tastes, Gwen.

D

Deleted member

If you guys want it so much, I'll post live reactions in my profile in the form of riddles

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
That was a teaser so it didn’t necessarily count since no one was officially revealed, Inklings were officially revealed with Ridley at E3.
I meant the first direct which was Ridley, but someone had mentioned they covered Inklings in that direct too, though I feel like it doesn't really apply a pattern of two NC per direct, but we'll see what happens with this one

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
- Hyrule Warriors DLC including the champions as playable and a BotW Adventure mode map.
- Surprise Soul Calibur 6 for Switch reveal, with Link reprising as guest.
- Dovahkiin for Smash! :lol:
Huh, that’s funny. I’ve never seen Groose spelled as “the champions”.

How odd.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Okay, we know for sure there's going to be a Smash reveal tomorrow. Who do YOU think it is the most likely to be revealed?
No Shantae
No Shrek
No fantasies *sniff*, let's be the most objective as possible.

For me, i think they're going to reveal Geno as a newcomer and Black Shadow as an echo fighter.

fortun8

Smash Cadet
oh, geez! is Lycanroc actually a boring pick to most people? maybe i'm being too modest in my choices, haha! it's too bad the other characters i want have a slim chance of getting in, save for maybe Octolings as an Inkling echo...maybe Ninten too! either way, i'd be happy with whatever we get as long as it's a more-or-less serious character addition!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:

-Virtual Console with Gamecube, Wii and the rest, with complete access to every game as long as you're subscribed to the Online service (a la Xbox Game Pass)
-Pikmin 4 reveal
-Metroid Prime 4 gameplay
-Metroid Prime Trilogy port
-New StarFox and F-Zero games
-Mainline Pokemon game gameplay reveal
-NDS Virtual Console
-My gal Shantae announced for Smash
Animal Crossing for Switch
Pokemon Let's Go Meowth!
Captain Toad 2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Straight from the horse's mouth, it's real after all.

Albeit one hour earlier than I would've liked. A Direct at suppertime? I know people are hungry for info, but this is getting a bit literal.

Also, nay on no apparent online info, but I guess that'll leave legroom for other things.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wants for this direct:
deconfirmation galore.
An assist trophy massacre, bigger then Smash 4's.
No leak survives.
Salt & Chaos.
Peoples Smash world turned upside down.
A character similar or equal to Hatsune Miku to create a fuzy line between the noninclusion and inclusion of 4th parties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, we know for sure there's going to be a Smash reveal tomorrow. Who do YOU think it is the most likely to be revealed?
No Shantae
No Shrek
No fantasies *sniff*, let's be the most objective as possible.

For me, i think they're going to reveal Geno as a newcomer and Black Shadow as an echo fighter.
I think we're getting PSY.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Wants for this direct:
deconfirmation galore.
An assist trophy massacre, bigger then Smash 4's.
No leak survives.
Salt & Chaos.
Peoples Smash world turned upside down.
But you've got Geno and Impa in your sig, you're prepared to burn with the rest of us?

D

Deleted member

What's wrong with wanting to sleep well? It'd be awful to try and sleep knowing there's a direct RIGHT there an hour after my usual bedtime
Gwen you better be ****ing sleeping I don't want you to go to bed late and not have a good night's rest, *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom