• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

All I know is that Mimique's friend "F" predicted a Nintendo Direct for this week 2 weeks ago for no reason at all. He was right.

Yeah it's not like they didn't do that for Smash4.. Come the **** on, I get not expecting anything in the Nindies, but a 35 minute Nintendo Direct about upcoming 3DS and Switch games? If you don't expect AT LEAST your classic newcomer trailer you are in denial, no offense.
For me at least, its not so much denial as not wanting to get my hopes up lol. Do I want a trailer of at least one person revealed? Of course! Are the chances high? Not really. Is there a chance at all? According to the past, yeah. But because its not a 100% certainty, I want to curb at least my expectations. And to be honest, as much as I want a new reveal, I also want to hear information on some games from 'classic' systems; I want to know if there will be SNES and Gamecube games eventually coming to the eShop for Switch and if yes, I want a timetable for when I should expect them. I also really want to know if we'll be seeing mario Maker return because that crap was hella fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Do you guys honestly think they'll show off any echo fighters during the Direct?
I always assumed those would be relegated to Smash Directs or sections of a Direct, like E3, unless they correspond with a character in a trailer.
I'm just not expecting any. I think we're only going to get just one character reveal and that's it.
Yeah I imagine it will just be one newcomer trailer, unless there's an actual segment on smash

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Reminder all general Directs after Rosalina had a newcomer reveal.
Really? I distinctly remember this one in January 2014 that didn’t have one. It was the one that revealed Tingle for Hyrule Warriors DLC, and I think also talked about the New 3DS XL.

Actually I might be getting my dates mixed up. I think I’m thinking of a 2015 one. Never mind.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So who are rumormongers saying that the next character revealed will be?

I feel like it could be Skull Kid to be honest.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
So when did Issac and Geno go from being long-shots to being on the top of everyone's prediction list? These guys aren't exactly iconic...

Skullkid/Majora and a Sun/Moon Pokemon rep are the only realistic predictions I'm seeing nowadays. I suppose it's to be expected, all the characters people wanted are already in or deconfirmed (RIP Waluigi). Now we're all scrapping the bottom of the barrel for more newcomer ideas.

StormC

Smash Hero
Finally my prayers have been answered and we will be briefly saved from fake leak hell.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
For me at least, its not so much denial as not wanting to get my hopes up lol. Do I want a trailer of at least one person revealed? Of course! Are the chances high? Not really. Is there a chance at all? According to the past, yeah. But because its not a 100% certainty, I want to curb at least my expectations. And to be honest, as much as I want a new reveal, I also want to hear information on some games from 'classic' systems; I want to know if there will be SNES and Gamecube games eventually coming to the eShop for Switch. I also really want to know if we'll be seeing mario Maker return because that crap was hella fun.
Of course, I understand. But you gotta understand too that this is supusedly a 35 minute Direct. You know how much can fit in 35 minutes, especially knowing how quick they are at showing stuff? I don't know what will be the content of this Direct, but I'm 99'99% sure there will be a newcomer reveal at the very least.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Someone posted a thread on this very site detailing the entire Direct, also calling that it’d be tomorrow.

They also called FF15: Pocket Edition before it was confirmed to exist.

His thread was locked and I can’t find it anymore but I’m sure someone remembers

Has anything else happened to validate this guy?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Is it weird that I want them to save any potential Smash news for the END of the Direct? I think Nintendo fans who don't care about Smash (yes, they exist) could use some relief by having some announcements we'd all look forward to (like, say, a new Animal Crossing for Switch) right out of the gate. The rest of us who are savvy enough to know that there's probably gonna be Smash related news can wait until the end and let everyone else have their day.

I mean, these weird Smash dislikers only had half of E3's presentation to enjoy, and the next Direct after E3, which was a whole 2 months later, was focused entirely on Smash. So it'd be nice if they were reassured right at the start of the Direct that no, Nintendo doesn't have JUST Smash to announce.
I can totally understand that. Nintendo's E3 was incredibly dissapointing to anyone that wasn't a Smash fan, with only Super Mario Party to look forward to.

I'm hoping for more news on Metroid Prime 4, hopefully some Hyrule Warriors dlc and a first look at the rumored Starfox racing game.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys honestly think they'll show off any echo fighters during the Direct?
I always assumed those would be relegated to Smash Directs or sections of a Direct, like E3, unless they correspond with a character in a trailer.
I'm just not expecting any. I think we're only going to get just one character reveal and that's it.
I'm assuming it there is a segment on Smash it will be to show off a couple of new echo fighters and then save the new character reveal for last

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I told y'all earlier, It's Gothitime.
I feel like I'm the only one who would be legitimately happy about that.

Partially because I had Gothitelle on my team. And partially because the collective backlash from all the Gardevoir fans would be really fun to watch.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Has there ever been a credible smash leak where someone explains in detail how the reveal trailer of a newcomer will play out?

I almost always disregard any leak that does this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So if we're to go by the last Direct that had both 3DS and Switch content, the 3DS portion was directly at the beginning and only took 4-ish minutes so it can be done out of the way for the real big boy hours, so we practically have a 30-minute direct on our hands.

At this point, I think Switch Online, Smash Ultimate newcomer, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Yoshi's Fluppu Duppu Poop-Scoop MacGyver are givens.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Echo fighters don’t need trailers if Chrom and Dark Samus are anything to go by. We could get Isabelle.
Yeah, I know that.
But what I'm saying is since they've only been announced when there was a segment on Smash or during a Smash direct.
The only exception was Richter given he was Simon's echo.

Anyway, as far as character reveals go, I'm not going to try on betting anything. My track record with predictions this game has been weird, so I'm not chancing anything.
However, I am hoping for a certain musically oriented trio to finally make their debut.
CHORUS KIDS, LET'S GO

D

Deleted member

Of course, I understand. But you gotta understand too that this is supusedly a 35 minute Direct. You know how much can fit in 35 minutes, especially knowing how quick they are at showing stuff? I don't know what will be the content of this Direct, but I'm 99'99% sure there will be a newcomer reveal at the very least.
I want and hope for you to be right lol, but so I dont die of insanity, I must stay under the impression that its not a sure thing.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think we'll just get a character trailer and that's it. Maybe if we're lucky a 5-10 minute Smash segment... but keeping expectations low.

But Smash Ultimate exists to prove my puny expectations wrong.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I'm the only one who would be legitimately happy about that.

Partially because I had Gothitelle on my team. And partially because the collective backlash from all the Gardevoir fans would be really fun to watch.
I'd also like Gothitelle, she'd be nice.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Someone posted a thread on this very site detailing the entire Direct, also calling that it’d be tomorrow.

They also called FF15: Pocket Edition before it was confirmed to exist.

His thread was locked and I can’t find it anymore but I’m sure someone remembers

Has anything else happened to validate this guy?
It's fake. He got the time wrong and there's no 3DS stuff.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here’s a game. Who do you want and expect to be shown tomorrow?

Want: Isaac or Dragon Quest character
Expect: Skull Kid or Geno.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I think we'll just get a character trailer and that's it. Maybe if we're lucky a 5-10 minute Smash segment... but keeping expectations low.

But Smash Ultimate exists to prove my puny expectations wrong.
Waiting for Sakurai to blow us all away come Novemeber and be like "What? You think I chose the name "Ultimate" for nothing?"

Chrono.

Something to keep in mind is that Smash (and Let's Go) are their crown jewel for the holidays.

I would be very surprised if we don't get at least a newcomer trailer.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's gonna be Geno, watch

If I say that enough times it might actually happen one of these days

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Want: Elma and/or Waddle Dee
Expect: Incineroar, Isaac, or Isabelle

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Echoes could go either way.
If Isaac is in, Felix/Matthew might get in.
If Skull Kid is in, Impa might show up.

If Geno is in, Booster is gonna happen.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
On the reveals, I personally believe we won't be seeing any Echo Fighters, since they are revealed in more mundane fashion via gameplay clips compared to more hype-inducing newcomer trailers. That'd be kind of jarring to see as the Smash-related announcement if it's all we get, during the Direct - and it'd be better for Sakurai to take the helm of the presentation as to transition to such announcement if it's there.

I'd wanna be seeing Dixie tomorrow, but it's little hard for me to bank on due how she seems rather difficult to envision as the next unique newcomer announcement if we don't talk about her probably Echo-status. However I feel like Isaac's a bit walking on a thread of avoiding to become the next "Ashley" with how he's being rallied on by that tweet Sakurai made, among other things. I'm little wary on banking on him ATM.

A bit of a wild takes at best here who I'd want to see that I'm highly believing to happen.

To be fair, none of the new Echo fighters got a reveal trailer so we can expect them to pop up outta nowhere.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Expect: Pokémon (Incineroar/Tapu Koko)
Want: Skull Kid

Geno or Bandana Dee would also do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom