• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
YO, AXEL BETTER BE A BOSS, THEN.

Nah it will be Vanitas from BBS so every KH character in Smash is just another Sora (Sora, Roxas/Ventus echo, Vanitas boss)

for real though just add Darkside he's an iconic KH boss (to me at least)

edit: just realised Darkside was Sora's shadow... every character in KH is either xenohort or sora lol

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Has there ever been a Nintendo Direct that has actually been leaked prior to it's unveiling? As in, the content inside it.

I don't remember any particular instance.
The Switch unveiling Direct got leaked completely on 4chan shortly before it, and this past E3's Nintendo Direct also got leaked on 4chan about a couple days before, though not written in this detail.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Has there ever been a Nintendo Direct that has actually been leaked prior to it's unveiling? As in, the content inside it.

Yeah there was one instance that I think was late 2016?

Basically someone posted a camera pic of the files of the trailers that were gonna shown in the direct. We all dismissed it as bull**** but it ended up being legit. I explicitly remember it having an MH Generations X Fire Emblem DLC trailer.

There was also the first Switch presentation which was leaked on 4chan beforehand, but idk if you'd count that.

kylexv

Smash Master

Only one that comes to mind was that the Smash Ultimate portion of the E3 2018 direct was leaked the day beforehand but went under the radar. Those who saw it quickly claimed that it was probably fake. Look how that turned out.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Realized Roxas is just Sora with an 'X' added about two weeks ago.

So... KH3 for Switch?

If any of this is REAL we should know like tomorrow.

Also NOTHING for ARMS? I mean nothing at all?

Weird.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The only thing enticing about Switch online is its modest price compared to the gouged Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus prices.

A few NES games, no mention of dedicated servers, and not much else. They better make it sound good soon because while I'll buy it for Smash I can see many others passing.
The funny thing about its pricing that nobody really brings up is that 20 NES games, if you were to buy them all from VC for 5 dollars each, would be 100 dollars, so it’d take 5 years of subscription to match that.
If they add so much as 4 more NES games to the service a year, it’ll pay for itself.
Nobody really thinks of it that way since a lot of us already have many of these NES games or are otherwise uninterested, but... I mean, if they just brought back VC, they’d be charging us for these games individually again, so...

Enchess

Smash Lord
Is anyone who works for Nintendo on Smashboards? Does anyone know? I'm not trying to pressure anyone to leak anything I'm just curious. I know a lot of game devs have have accounts on fan forums for their games and just keep a low-profile and don't leak anything to avoid trouble.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Realized Roxas is just Sora with an 'X' added about two weeks ago.

So... KH3 for Switch?
Oh yeah!?
Well I found out that Tails' real name, Miles Prower, is a play on the unit of speed "Miles per Hour" 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Did you find out what exactly was the content of the original post?
The only info on the original post i have is the same as everybody. It was 'random characters', probably just some wild guesses. Only an admin from jeuxvideo.com could access the original post, even the mods there can't.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I can't believe there's nothing for ARMs I mean the game wasn't a flop.

That legit bugs me.

You think there would be some sort of patch or something to acclimate to this new online thing.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
Does anyone have the source of the Smash website's source being looked at and hints toward Wolf and a Mario universe song being found?

This was before wolf was the update of the day, but a Mario song hasn't gone up yet

If the song theory is true, that could be bad for geno
Smash community's reaction when the Mario song is Forest Maze before Geno is even revealed:

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

That legit bugs me.
Yeah, I know. Small consolation, but an ARMS rep is as close to a lock for DLC as I think there is. Still, I would've liked a stage or some music at least. Hopefully we'll get a trophy or two in base game.

Noipoi

Howdy!

That legit bugs me.
ARMS was a little too late to the party, unfortunately.
At least you can take a bit of comfort in the fact that ARMS is basically guaranteed to be dlc.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also i have to get it off my chest, i spent about half an hour on 4chan... and.... i've seen.... things... horrible things.... .. . .. .. i don't want to go back... ever...

After seeing what kind of deep ****hole 4chan and even jeuxvideo are... i just wanted to say that you guys are an amazing, smart, civilised, funny, respectful bunch of nerdz.
Yeah, it's not for the heart of the faint and sensitive. I sometimes drop there to see the newest talk unadultered of social customs, even if it allows ton to be really, really rude and crappy at their behaviour. You sometimes learn something a lot new if you have an open mind, yet strong judgment within.

Now don't start to pull up pitchforks, I'm very much a Sour Knight at heart. I've learned that better than anything else alternative.

Maybe it's just me, but bit can be good therapeutic release for someone kind of cynical like me to just talk straight up what I feel saying there now and then - probably helps that I've seen ton of humanity's worst at times so I'm kind of desensitized in a way, but not ignorant all the same.

Like, one time I remember finding a rather compassionate circle of Starfy-fans there for once, and mostly vented about the super star's overall present today. A lot voiced same views, which kind of came to as very touching time for a rather embittered Starfy-fan.

But hey, more power to us if some here can drop there to that place without having their psyche broken down. :p

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Yeah, I know. Small consolation, but an ARMS rep is as close to a lock for DLC as I think there is. Still, I would've liked a stage or some music at least. Hopefully we'll get a trophy or two in base game.
To be fair, I think a lot of people would have said the same about a Splatoon rep for smash 4 DLC.

Chrono.

That legit bugs me.
I mean, Splatoon 1 was a huge success and even that had run out of content after a while.

I think they might just be cooking something up for ARMS like a sequel in the future.

Pakky

Smash Hero
ARMS was a little too late to the party, unfortunately.
At least you can take a bit of comfort in the fact that ARMS is basically guaranteed to be dlc.
Nothing about ARMs in Smash just he game itself.

If this leak is to be believed there is nothing happening for ARMs with the Switch online update.

Which I find super odd. No quality of life patches, no stages, nothing.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I find it slightly interesting @Sly Cooper created their profile last night, but waited until tonight to post that "leak". I don't think it means anything at all for or against it, I'm just curious why they'd make an account to fake a leak then wait a full day to actually post it.

Idk, I get caught up in little details, ignore me haha
Well....
C8097322-373E-40EA-8499-4707D5F79798.jpeg

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman

If this leak is to be believed there is nothing happening for ARMs with the Switch online update.

Ooh! Completely misread what you wrote! And yes, I agree even more with that. Very odd that there wouldn't be AT LEAST quality of life patch.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also, Bayonetta's outfit supposedly not being purple in 3 is weird.

Ooh! Completely misread what you wrote! And yes, I agree even more with that. Very odd that there wouldn't be AT LEAST quality of life patch.
See that's what I'm saying.

Also no more gloves? They're usually attached to characters in packs of three but still.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Direct leak? What? What are y'all talkin' about? This thread moves too fast sometimes...

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

I'm not well-versed in ARMs, but hasn't its content been complete for a while now?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Oh yeah!?
Well I found out that Tails' real name, Miles Prower, is a play on the unit of speed "Miles per Hour" 3 weeks ago.
I realized Alucard was Dracula backwards....during the August direct. And I have known about Alucard for a longggggg time.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I guess an ARMS 2 could be coming like later on down the line in the Switch's life cycle similarly to :ultolimar: back in the day.
I'm not well-versed in ARMs, but hasn't its content been complete for a while now?
True I'm just talking about some sort of patch or a stage, nothing major.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Im gonna be real here, people who REALLY want very unpopular characters to get into Smash are braver than any US Marine

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I know I'm the only person on this Earth that's hyped to play Ice Climber Online and on the go... but for me that alone has me forkin' over 20 easily. I love Ice Climber I love... I love that game so very very much... please do not crush me for me for my bad takes folks, I beg you...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
>Direct announced
>Friday
>Camelot retweets the announcement
>"Enjoy my good friend Isaac" ~Loz18, 2018
>#IsaacFriday
>Direct starts
>Smash trailer
>It's
A Fire Emblem trailer
Hector, Celica and the Black Knight are revealed.
#RobinRevealRepeat
"I guess I get my chance... another Sunday..."

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
This leak is false for the simple reason that Sly Cooper specified only two tracks would be added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when it takes four to make a cup.

Like how are they gonna list that in the track select?

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultbayonetta: Not being purple supposedly in 3 bothers the hell out of me.

You don't get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom