• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I already know the Nintendo direct anyway:
- More Super Mario Party info
- Info on Nintendo online and classic games
- New Super Mario Bros Deluxe revealed (Yay)
- More 3rd party games and info
- More Pokemon Let's Go Info
- Yoshi rerevealed
- Retro's Star Fox Racing game revealed
- More Smash info
- Details about online and tourney mode
- Dixie Kong and Isabelle revealed
- New Pokemon rep revealed in trailer
Don't forget Big Maring.
download.jpg

IT'S REAL

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
"konkai wa sansen faita wa hatsubai mae ni subete kougai shi o to omoimasu. Ato sukoshi dake sonzashimasu"

"This time we plan to reveal every fighter before game goes on sale. Later there will be just a few more".

So I mean obviously it's basically just what the official translation says. "Few" here is "sukoshi dake" "only a small amount" which basically has equivivilant connotations. Sukoshi is a bit more vauge than few I guess since it doesn't really have the "three or four" definition that few has that people don't usually think about when they say few anyways. Dake puts a somewhat negative spin on it like oh there's ONLY so many left but it's very much the same kind of moddest downplaying as "don't expect many newcomers" and could mean basically anything.

Really not much is lost in translation. The clear connotation I get from it is he's being intentionally vague. I definitely would not recommend trying to pick it apart to glean meaning.
Makes sense. One of the definitions of few, aside from “three or more, is“a small number.”

That aside, I never trust the syllables that come
out of Sakurai’s mouth or their translations. He’s Loki and I feel like no one is noticing but me.
Where are his wrinkles going?!
I mean he looks to me like he aged a little, but not as much as a HUMAN GOD DAMN BEING!

Him and Jennifer Aniston are definitely in cahoots. Mark my words.

Chrono.

honestly that nindies together program does legit sound like something nintendo would do. nintendo did say that they wanted a lot of indie titles on the switch and implementing not-Early Access would be a good way to reach that goal. oh and switch users getting schlonged by getting FF15's pocket edition and not proper FF15 is totally a boneheaded move worthy of Squeenix. probably fake but i'm going to keep an eye out for this leak i guess.
Regular FF15 on Switch isn't really feasible either.

The game already runs like butt on regular-ass PS4 and X1.

D

Deleted member

And today Undertaker showed up at RAW and threatened Shawn Michaels who has been retired for 7 years.
THEY CAN'T DO THIS, THEY LEFT THAT **** IN THE PAST 6 YEARS AGO.
Man like... I'm torn, because we're doing this again when the End of an Era happened... BUT THEY SOMEHOW DRAG ME BACK IN.

I'm telling y'all right now if a blue moon shines on a Smurf's *** and we get Rex & Pyra on Thursday, I'm just gonna break plates over my head. This **** too much, man lmao

Enchess

Smash Lord
I liked that solely because those are some unpopular opinions.

Like, I totally respect that you came out and said that because damn that's difficult.
KH is one of my favorite series. I used to hang out on KHInsider and KH13 a lot (I don't think I was using 'Enchess' there), so I'm well aware of just how unpopular those opinions are haha

KH2 disappointed me in a lot of ways. I love playing it, but it's actually the KH I enjoyed the least during first playthrough. Final Mix helped a lot though, and Days gets the honor of worst replay.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I played Dream Drop something or other on the 3DS but it's been so long since KH2 I don't think I can get back into the series

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
huh, well, man this could be real I guess.

This 'kinda' fits in with that leak from Sly Cooper Sly Cooper
Here's the "leak" referenced in the Verlisify video if anyone else hates him like I do.
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/36446687
Image:
1535907456764.jpg

- Champion Red for Pikachu title, Champion Blue for Eevee title.

- Beyond Evolution Episode, finish your title to face harder players around the region again with higher level Pokemons and Mega Evolutions for important faces

- a little Whale can be received from GO application. It’s pink.

- Special gift for completing Pokédex is a pendant that increases different colors in overworld

- play as important trainers like Sabrina only on the online hub through beating them in campaign first. Lots of unlockables.

- Powerful moves can be motion controlled and unleashed with Joy Cons. Trailer coming for those on the 6th.
It's apparently corroborated somewhat by this "leak":
1535907674182.jpg

The thing in the first "leak" looks like it could be called Gillybal. A Fire/Ghost type could also feasibly be pink.

The date also ties in with the Direct leak from Sly Cooper Sly Cooper , which is likely just coincidence, but it's something.

Last edited:

Chrono.

KH isn't hard to follow... If you semi-binge the games.

Overall though I'd say Metal Gear and BlazBlue give it a run for their money, especially Metal Gear.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'd expect zero fighters. If Smash gets mentioned at all, I'd expect some talk about how its online modes work to upsell the online service and that would seriously be it. There are not a lot more characters to be shown. We know this; Sakurai has told us this, and he's never lied to us. There will probably be another big Smash direct that will show most of the rest of what's in the game, and while I wouldn't be surprised at a spare character somewhere else, it's just so soon after the last double character direct that the timing would be strange.
News of the online modes would, for me, be welcomed over fighters. I just want to know if For Glory is 3 stock now, and if doubles has team attack on and stock. Please Sakurai give me something.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I am going to be soo happy with the roll, spot dodge and air dodge nerfs in Ultimate. I played this one Mega Man earlier who did all that to take me to Sudden Death in FG (which I won). Was actually watching the replay rn, and when I paused to share this he was (what else?) air dodging lol

Edit: a combination of 36 spot dodges/rolls

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
In reference to the September 6th Direct leak, Something tells me that Masuda would not be introducing Smash Bros information. Sakurai seems to be handling damn near everything this time around. Just my 2 cents on that.

Here's the "leak" referenced in the Verlisify video if anyone else hates him like I do.

View attachment 161750
For what it's worth, the April 1st Let's go leak was legit. I remember seeing it during the lead up to the announcements of Let's Go.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Adventure Time had a nice finale. A certain kiss REALLY got the people excited. It is a bit sad to see it go, as I have a fond memory of watching it with my close cousin over my Aunt's old house with even more memories tied to it.

Anyways, yeah, September is looking like a GOOD month

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Eminem dropping an entire album out of nowhere, Adventure Time ending, and The Undertaker and Triple H are gonna have one more match again.
And today Undertaker showed up at RAW and threatened Shawn Michaels who has been retired for 7 years.
Yeah...but who would want all of this when you can get Roman Reigns vs Charlotte Flair in a “Vince/Triple H on a Pole” Match for all the titles in the wrestling world

Pakky

Smash Hero
Adventure Time had a nice finale. A certain kiss REALLY got the people excited. It is a bit sad to see it go, as I have a fond memory of watching it with my close cousin over my Aunt's old house with even more memories tied to it.

Anyways, yeah, September is looking like a GOOD month
Did any plot points get tied up?

View attachment 161750

The thing in the first "leak" looks like it could be called Gillybal. A Fire/Ghost type could also feasibly be pink.

The date also ties in with the Direct leak from Sly Cooper Sly Cooper , which is likely just coincidence, but it's something.
Thank you and yeah that thing could be a Fire/Ghost so... eh?

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I am going to be soo happy with the roll, spot dodge and air dodge nerfs in Ultimate. I played this one Mega Man earlier who did all that to take me to Sudden Death in FG (which I won). Was actually watching the replay rn, and when I paused to share this he was (what else?) air dodging lol
Ideally the bakers (haha roll pun haha please laugh) will not be nearly as obnoxious. Roll spam is annoying in itself, but it's even more frustrating that overusing evasive moves is an actually viable option on account of how safe they are.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Couldn't tell ya. I've only seen clips of the more important parts of the finale, and the last episodes I saw were the Stakes special.

D

Deleted member

Yeah...but who would want all of this when you can get Roman Reigns vs Charlotte Flair in a “Vince/Triple H on a Pole” Match for all the titles in the wrestling world
> Roman Reigns and Charlotte Flair

...well 2.png

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Y'all got a real leak yet or should I go back to hibernation until a Direct is announced.
I got one right now, but I may delete this post later so choose to believe me or not. Anyway I got news that THE Super Mario is going to get into Smash Ultimate as well as his alter ego Dr.Mario.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

Overall though I'd say Metal Gear and BlazBlue give it a run for their money, especially Metal Gear.
BlazBlue is more weird than anything. **** just kinda happens there. Metal Gear is where it gets hard to follow.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

View attachment 161750

April 1st.....Lol.

Now you all should know his leak was fake.

Edit: I'm stupid, ignore this.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kingdom Hearts is not that hard to follow IF you start from beginning to end...
Kingdom Hearts isn't hard to follow if you don't skip any games.

Basically, if someone says they don't understand Kingdom Hearts' story, they probably skipped Chain of Memories or 358/2 Days or something.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
THEY CAN'T DO THIS, THEY LEFT THAT **** IN THE PAST 6 YEARS AGO.
Man like... I'm torn, because we're doing this again when the End of an Era happened... BUT THEY SOMEHOW DRAG ME BACK IN.

I'm telling y'all right now if a blue moon shines on a Smurf's *** and we get Rex & Pyra on Thursday, I'm just gonna break plates over my head. This **** too much, man lmao
I absolutely love when I learn a new phrase like “if a blue moon shines on a smurf’s Ass.” Adding that to my collection of things to say to new people and on first dates.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Metal Gear's story is hard to follow?

Chrono.

One thing to note, the Sly Cooper leak referred to "Pocket Edition" and not "Pocket Edition HD."

I know it kinda seems dumb to hamper on that but considering how the guy was going for full detail, I don't think they'd miss something like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, woah WOAH NOW.

...What's so important about the Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD thing? Does it correlate to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom