• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This has to be coincidence right? I'd love for that guys leak to be right but there's just no way it's that descriptive.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Wait, woah WOAH NOW.

...What's so important about the Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition HD thing? Does it correlate to anything?
The user who posted a "leak" of the Nintendo direct apparently this Thursday mentioned FFXV pocket edition oming to Switch. It's just odd it randomly shows up on PS4 around the same time.

Likely a coincidence. Has to be.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Okay so, how 'big' of a coincidence was this?

Was this known info to be happening?
Far as I know, FFXV Pocket Edition was a Mobile game. A recent leak posted here said it was getting ported to the Switch and now it showed up in the PSN Store.

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Guys, I have a genuine Nintendo leak!

This is probably the most legitimate one so far!

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So Clouds getting a KH skin... Sora confirmed????????

I hope this is full legit now (although incineroar is dumb)

Enchess

Smash Lord
The user who posted a "leak" of the Nintendo direct apparently this Thursday mentioned FFXV pocket edition oming to Switch. It's just odd it randomly shows up on PS4 around the same time.

Likely a coincidence. Has to be.
Do we know what time games get added to PS Store listings? It's possible they saw it added and got leak out fast knowing it'd take awhile for people to notice.

Actually might be what was with the weird 1 day gap. Maybe they were waiting for anything to add for credibility and monitored PS Store listings.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Do we know what time games get added to PS Store listings? It's possible they saw it added and got leak out fast knowing it'd take awhile for people to notice.

Actually might be what was with the weird 1 day gap. Maybe they were waiting for anything to add for credibility and monitored PS Store listings.
I'll see if it was talked about before, but Gematsu posted it 13 minutes ago on their twitter. The leak was posted here around 5 hours ago

Chrono.

It was found pretty much just 10-15 minutes ago.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Trying to Direct attention I see. Exactly what I'd expect a Nintendo employee to do right now. **** you're not a Nintendo employee.

The joke is still good, right?
I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress and try the veal.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I just did a few simple searches on places where it could pop up and haven't found **** before the leak was posted.

Shroob

Sup?
GUYS:

>Leak mentions Incineroar and Kingdom Hearts Cloud

>Vergeben mentions Gen 7 Pokemon and 2nd Square-Enix rep

If this ****'s legit, not only is Verg 100% correct, it's goddamn SORA in Smash.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
GUYS:

If this ****'s legit, not only is Verg 100% correct, it's goddamn SORA in Smash.
Sora's not an SE character. Disney owns the Copyright for Sora.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I mean this leak will resolve itself very quickly at least...

On another note, did anyone think it was kinda cute that today's blog post suggested King Dedede has a great recovery? I guess it's kinda true if your opponent makes literally zero effort to edgeguard? I just can't see a world in which the worst airspeed in the game and a relatively exploitable up-B is even above average let alone great on the recovery front...

KMDP

Smash Legend

I'm disappointed you didn't photoshop that red pipe-end into a Mario cap.
Sora's not an SE character. Disney owns the Copyright for Sora.
Sora's a Square-Enix character in the sense that Square-Enix makes his games.

Disney owns him, but to the layman, he's an SE character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Whelp if true there goes my final roster prediction.

We can also kiss Geno goodbye too. It would had seem only two of the three Holy Trinity (King K. Rool and Ridley) made the cut in that case.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

On another note, did anyone think it was kinda cute that today's blog post suggested King Dedede has a great recovery? I guess it's kinda true if your opponent makes literally zero effort to edgeguard? I just can't see a world in which the worst airspeed in the game and a relatively exploitable up-B is even above average let alone great on the recovery front...
It's a pretty decent Up B all things considered, even if it has its flaws.

StormC

Smash Hero
GUYS:

Square doesn't own Sora.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Hey guys remember last time there was a supposed instance of someone knowing things about the game? Remember when the guy said he had the demo, and I said he didn't, and he actually didn't? Remember when like 3 people ganged up on me and the rest of the thread were sitting on the sidelines liking the posts saying how I was wrong and I was derailing the thread and trying to shut down discussion? Remember how in spite of me being right, no one believed me? Well I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate leak or anything, all I'm saying is don't put too much stock in it. Anyone can say anything, sometimes people aren't right on pure coincidence alone. And please don't flame me or get mad at me for this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

It means he can easily return to stage. I imagine it talks about casual play.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Guys i just thought of something stupid and will never happen but it'd be awesome none the less.

What if the reason there are so many deaths in the trailers... was so that the last character reveal trailer would be for Negan from The Walking Dead?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Sora's a Square-Enix character in the sense that Square-Enix makes his games.

Disney owns him, but to the layman, he's an SE character.
Yes, but Vergeben isn't a layman. Any official documentation is going to list him as a Disney character.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
GUYS:

I'd place my bets on the SE rep being Geno. It seems like Sakurai is going for the Infinity Smash Bros. Gauntlet of Ridley, K. Rool, Geno, Isaac, and Skull Kid this time around. He's already gotten two of the stones them revealed, and I expect the other three to follow soon.

Kingdom Hearts Cloud would definitely be good for Sora supporters though.
Yes, but Vergeben isn't a layman. Any official documentation is going to list him as a Disney character.
As a KH fan and rabid Sora supporter myself, I have to agree. SE Rep likely doesn't designate Sora. Dude even said, "You know the one." The one is obviously Geno, one of the most wanted characters for Smash Bros. in the history of ever.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
It is pretty fortunate that the leak will be either confirmed or busted soon. Means we won't have to kill ourselves over this for much longer.

?????????????

Smash Master
I mean...

Even if Square doesn't OWN Sora, wasn't he still CREATED by Square?

I think that's enough to call him "a SE character."

KMDP

Smash Legend
They didn't say he has "a great recovery", they said he has "great recovery", in that he has multiple jumps (also, as MojoRobo MojoRobo said, his Up+B isn't terrible, just flawed).

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I actually think an official document might point more towards a square character because square probably gave all the directions on how Sora should behave with only Disney saying its okay but not actually making an impact on the character.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright so if no direct is announced tomorrow for the 6th, then it's dead right? or do we have to wait two days to actually kill it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would actually not be surprised if instead Disney gets them to add King Mickey instead. I mean imagine one of the most iconic cartoon mascots starring in a game with one of gamings biggest mascot (Mario). Big money there and sells would definitely ten fold.

I'd be surprised if Disney didn't attempt that on Nintendo.

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't really give much attention to such coincidence. If I recall correctly, this kind of stuff already happened last time with a leak where the leaker correctly guessed MK8 was getting additional content or sth.

Getting stuff right in a made-up leak is like winning a lottery. It hardly ever happens, but there are a small amount of lucky winners here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom