• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone have the source of the Smash website's source being looked at and hints toward Wolf and a Mario universe song being found?

This was before wolf was the update of the day, but a Mario song hasn't gone up yet

If the song theory is true, that could be bad for geno

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sakurai himself? I wouldn’t think so. Maybe Nintendo. Either way, just like most of us, I’m sharing only so we can wait and see together.
Nintendo could and I wouldn't be shocked if they did it with some of their other games, but it definitely seems like sakurai has pretty much final say in everything when it comes to smash and it's probably not something he'd do

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Nintendo Switch Online getting you perks on certain games would be one way to sell people on it.

It'd also be a little scummy, not gonna lie. Cause at that point you're just gating content.

But it's also super cheap so idek.
Haven't Xbox and Sony done similar things in the past?

That's a legitimate question. I don't know if they have, but I think they have. Nintendo doing it kinda sucks, but I'd somewhat understand it as a business decision.

kylexv

Smash Master
With July, there was no reason to have a direct so soon after E3.

This month, because of the fact that we still really don't know that much about the online service, a general Nintendo Direct doesn't seem unlikely. If it's coming, it'll probably be in the next two weeks or so probably.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So random question.

Out of the three victory screen results theme, which is your favorite? 64, Brawl, or 4/Ultimate’s?

Definitely Brawl’s for me, it truly sounded like an accomplishment and it wasn’t anything 64 related being entirely original.

Last edited:

Chrono.

That's a legitimate question. I don't know if they have, but I think they have. Nintendo doing it kinda sucks, but I'd somewhat understand it as a business decision.
I have no idea if they've ever offered exclusive content on games for their premium users. But both of them do offer free games each month, usually somewhat older titles, as well as discount prices on their online stores.

Just a quick update on the ''French/baguette/omelette au fromage/Napoleon's revenge'' leak, i've been checking jeuxvideo.com (just to be sure) and a thread has been created where people are just laughing for about 4 full pages at the fact that this leak was taken seriously. As many had guessed, someone used Inspect Element to modify the thread about a week ago. The original post from July 12 had some random characters (as in random 'fighters' not as in 'giberish').

So i was about 85% sure it was fake (15% due to the fact that it was waaaaay too elaborate for a fake and other small reasons) but after further investigation i'm 98% sure it's fake (2% being the conspirationist in me).

Also i have to get it off my chest, i spent about half an hour on 4chan... and.... i've seen.... things... horrible things.... .. . .. .. i don't want to go back... ever...

After seeing what kind of deep ****hole 4chan and even jeuxvideo are... i just wanted to say that you guys are an amazing, smart, civilised, funny, respectful bunch of nerdz.

D

Deleted member

I find it slightly interesting @Sly Cooper created their profile last night, but waited until tonight to post that "leak". I don't think it means anything at all for or against it, I'm just curious why they'd make an account to fake a leak then wait a full day to actually post it.

Idk, I get caught up in little details, ignore me haha
This man out here as the Phoenix Wright of Smashboards, I love it. Hit us with more clues, Steve. :nifty:

Roberk

Smash Champion
I refuse to believe any Direct leak that doesn't include more information on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Why? Because that'd be immediately underwhelming and I don't want to be disappointed lol. :p
I actually don't believe leaks with info on Fire Emblem: Three Houses because I'm pessimistic when it comes to us getting info on that game soon. If we don't get any info until 2019 I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Chrono.

Squad Strike has to have all the characters of the winner team on the results screen, boy it would be satisfying to see all your mains do their poses.
You can kinda already do that with 8 player team Smash I think?

Just make a team of all your mains. :p

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Post the screenshot.
I just tried to go to the thread from my history but it said that "This topic is no longer available for viewing". Does that happen when GameFAQ' archives posts?

Anyways I'm looking back at it now and it says nothing about Incineroar, it instead mentions Gardevoir and Gothitelle (Leak was around the time when the CEO post was popular) which IMMEDIATELY raises red flags to me. I can still post it if you want but I'm pretty sure it's fake.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Squad Strike has to have all the characters of the winner team on the results screen, boy it would be satisfying to see all your mains do their poses.
Using squad strike for crew battles would be ****ing sick if that was the case. You'd get to see both you and your homies all up there after yeeting on some goofies.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thanks, I hate it.

I swear, if they're gonna add Sora, they better use kickass KH2/3 Sora and not dumb*** DDD Sora.
I used that image solely because it's Sora dabbing. I think that's one of the best and worst things to come out of Kingdom Hearts in general.

They'd likely use his KH2 design, as that's his most well-known. I wouldn't be surprised if they used his KH3 design though to promote the new game.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I find it slightly interesting @Sly Cooper created their profile last night, but waited until tonight to post that "leak". I don't think it means anything at all for or against it, I'm just curious why they'd make an account to fake a leak then wait a full day to actually post it.

I found that strange too. Like what was the holdup?

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I just tried to go to the thread from my history but it said that "This topic is no longer available for viewing". Does that happen when GameFAQ' archives posts?

Anyways I'm looking back at it now and it says nothing about Incineroar, it instead mentions Gardevoir and Gothitelle (Leak was around the time when the CEO post was popular) which IMMEDIATELY raises red flags to me. I can still post it if you want but I'm pretty sure it's fake.
Up to your discretion, I suppose. Probably just a coincidence but I'd like to see it just to sate my own curiosity.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

This is actually what makes this "leak" believable to me. They've already "locked" Mii costumes behind a paywall anyway. It's not like this is unheard of.

Onto this rumor by the user, it seems super elaborate. The stuff about the nindies is really specific. I mean God, if this is fake, it barely is even gaining traction here so why create such a massive fake here and not post it anywhere else? (Aka I'm partially supporting this leak, kill me)

Enchess

Smash Lord
Thanks, I hate it.

I swear, if they're gonna add Sora, they better use kickass KH2/3 Sora and not dumb*** DDD Sora.
Looks like it's time for another unpopular opinion:
-KH:DDD Sora > KH2 Sora

While I'm at it:
-KH1>>>KH2
-KH story isn't hard to follow

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There is a long list of reasons it could be, and right at the bottom is because it's a valid leak.

Chrono.

I used that image solely because it's Sora dabbing. I think that's one of the best and worst things to come out of Kingdom Hearts in general.

They'd likely use his KH2 design, as that's his most well-known. I wouldn't be surprised if they used his KH3 design though to promote the new game.
I wouldn't be shocked if they gave him his KH2 Limit Form design as an alternate, which is basically an updated KH1 outfit.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
This is actually what makes this "leak" believable to me. They've already "locked" Mii costumes behind a paywall anyway. It's not like this is unheard of.

Onto this rumor by the user, it seems super elaborate. The stuff about the nindies is really specific. I mean God, if this is fake, it barely is even gaining traction here so why create such a massive fake here and not post it anywhere else? (Aka I'm partially supporting this leak, kill me)
mii costumes that were developed after the game launched, not ones that already exist on the disc

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Nintendo Switch Online getting you perks on certain games would be one way to sell people on it.

It'd also be a little scummy, not gonna lie. Cause at that point you're just gating content.

But it's also super cheap so idek.
20 bucks is dirt cheap. My spotify cost me 10 per month!

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I hate it.

why dont we make everyone happy and have him like :ultike: with Kh1 design and Kh2 design (with KH2 design leaning more to what he looks like in KH3)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who even cares about Sora?

We all know the inevitable Roxas echo is going to get in, and when he does, boy am I going to be rocking that sick looking black hood.

Enchess

Smash Lord
There is a long list of reasons it could be, and right at the bottom is because it's a valid leak.
Oh definitely. I can't think of a single reason it would add to the credibility. Somewhere on that long list of more likely reasons is "decided to wait a day to look through the speculation for ideas to add 'credibility'".

I just think it's weird and thought I'd point it out.

Roberk

Smash Champion
The only thing enticing about Switch online is its modest price compared to the gouged Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus prices.

A few NES games, no mention of dedicated servers, and not much else. They better make it sound good soon because while I'll buy it for Smash I can see many others passing.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I refuse to believe any Direct leak that doesn't include more information on Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Why? Because that'd be immediately underwhelming and I don't want to be disappointed lol. :p
Even if we got Smash trailers for Celica and Crash?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly I wouldn't mind the alternate costumes being behind Switch Online, then again I'm a person who plans on splitting one of those family accounts with friends so it won't be much of a hit at all to me.

Any excuse to have more costumes, even if I have to pay, is fine by me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Switch Online seems to be done out of obligation more than anything else, like they're trying to emulate the other companies, but charging less for providing less benefits.

D

Deleted member

We all know the inevitable Roxas echo is going to get in, and when he does, boy am I going to be rocking that sick looking black hood.
YO, AXEL BETTER BE A BOSS, THEN.

Chrono.

This would make me sad because:
- I actually like Roxas
- Him as an echo would mean no edgy dual wielding Roxas

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why isn't :ultbayonetta: outfit Purple?

I mean her outfit always correlates to the game's color

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Has there ever been a Nintendo Direct that has actually been leaked prior to it's unveiling? As in, the content inside it.

I don't remember any particular instance.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Just a quick update on the ''French/baguette/omelette au fromage/Napoleon's revenge'' leak, i've been checking jeuxvideo.com (just to be sure) and a thread has been created where people are just laughing for about 4 full pages at the fact that this leak was taken seriously. As many had guessed, someone used Inspect Element to modify the thread about a week ago. The original post from July 12 had some random characters (as in random 'fighters' not as in 'giberish').

So i was about 85% sure it was fake (15% due to the fact that it was waaaaay too elaborate for a fake and other small reasons) but after further investigation i'm 98% sure it's fake (2% being the conspirationist in me).

Also i have to get it off my chest, i spent about half an hour on 4chan... and.... i've seen.... things... horrible things.... .. . .. .. i don't want to go back... ever...

After seeing what kind of deep ****hole 4chan and even jeuxvideo are... i just wanted to say that you guys are an amazing, smart, civilised, funny, respectful bunch of nerdz.
Did you find out what exactly was the content of the original post?

Last edited:

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
If I were metaphorically still working for Nintendo and decided to illegally leak this information, absolutely losing my career in the process due to the time lapse between the post and actual direct, I would not come to Smash Boards to post it, despite having been a member here prior to being hired by Nintendo. I would definitely contact writing staff of major news sites or larger communities.

Has there ever been a Nintendo Direct that has actually been leaked prior to it's unveiling? As in, the content inside it.

I don't remember any particular instance.
Only two or three times, and whenever it has, it's been within hours, and, from memory, never everything present within the direct, especially with specifics.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

not only that, but went to the trouble of selecting all of their mains as well, that did make me laugh

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
the direct leak actually "sounds" great... but it is real? is a fake leak piggiybanking another leak? (Thursday direct) we probably will know soon...

Still, the whole skins deals is kinda iffy, what if i unsuscribe, do i lose my skins? if yes, then looks iffy as hell. if not, may be more credible :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom