• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Everyone would buy it simply because of their fond memories of subspace, but then they'd realize...oh no, the gameplay kinda sucks, and they only liked the cutscenes.
I wonder how it'd go if they were to outright port/remake the SSE to Ultimate, with Ultimate's physics and the ability to play as all the characters that weren't in Brawl in stages you've completed? I could imagine it being pretty cool, seems a lot more practical for them to make too but IDK...

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.

Incineroar - Great
Ken - ok
Isabelle - dont care
Geno - super
Isaac - super
Monster Hunter - great
Lloyd Irving - meh
Dixie Kong - super
Impa - great
Skull Kid - great
Black Shadow - ok
Bandana Waddle Dee - great but unlikely
Ninten - meh
Diskun - who?
Raiden - awesome
Big Boss - meh
Shadow - great
Elma - meh
Rex and Pyra - great
Jeanne - great
Spring Man - great
Wonder Red - great
Decidueye - awesome

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how it'd go if they were to outright port/remake the SSE to Ultimate, with Ultimate's physics and the ability to play as all the characters that weren't in Brawl in stages you've completed? I could imagine it being pretty cool, seems a lot more practical for them to make too but IDK...
I'd love going through World of Trophies as Mewtwo or Shulk. But it's a pipe dream. I hope Spirits have good platforming levels and enemies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can you all stop asking me to make lists for these games?

Here's a list of reasons why I don't like making them:
  1. I suck at lists.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
The amount of Youtubers that make twenty videos on obvious fake crap is really suffocating. I can’t be the only one bothered by this.
The Smash community on YouTube is becoming similar to the Dragon Ball Super community in so many ways.

The problem is, you have all these people who grew up watching the 2014 Smash channels and whatnot, and now they want to replicate that kind of success without actually covering real information like they did. The lack of actual leaks (or at least, quality leaks) this time around is hurting their reputation. Plus, Sakurai pretty much revealed everything about the game already, so you don't have weekly updates like "Luigi is in, u guyz".

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - Pretty cool
Ken - Cool
Isabelle - Okay
Geno - Pretty cool
Isaac -Pretty cool
Monster Hunter - Awesome!
Lloyd Irving - Pretty cool
Dixie Kong - Pretty cool
Impa - Cool
Skull Kid - Cool
Black Shadow - Cool
Bandana Waddle Dee - Cool
Ninten - Okay
Diskun - Okay
Raiden - Cool
Big Boss - Okay
Shadow - Cool
Elma - Pretty cool
Rex and Pyra - Cool
Jeanne - Bayonetta Jeanne, right? Okay
Spring Man - Cool
Wonder Red - Pretty cool

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
One day. One day I truly believe my man Phoenix Wright will be in one of these fake leaks.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just noticed that alot of fake renders of shadow always forget his fangs
View attachment 161514View attachment 161515
To be fair he doesn't show his mouth open that often in renders.

And in Sonic Generations, his fang seems to be missing

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.46.53 AM.png

I do kinda feel like they added the fang for that extra bit of edginess for his game. It showed up for a few more artwork stuff after that game. But not sure it was ever the original plan to give him fangs.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never played Subspace, I just watched the cutscenes online like a pleb. But I have seen several full playthroughs and from what I saw there was one glaring issue in my opinion.

The lack of Nintendo worlds.
You're traversing these generic forests and plains instead of fighting you're way through the Mushroom Kingdom, or the Kanto Region.
Or Hyrule, or Zebes, or Yoshi's Island, or Dreamland or something.

I've also noticed it's a little on the long side.

D

Deleted member

So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Haven't done a good ol' fashioned game in a while, so I figure why not crack myself and all human bones at this?

Ken / Isabelle / Black Shadow / Ninten / Jeanne / Big Boss / Shadow / Dixie Kong / Impa
Might as well get the echo fighters out of the way. I honestly couldn't really object to these, it depends on which franchise it is, really. As much as I don't think Ninten would be a good fit echo-wise, I wouldn't mind it, per se. Big Boss would be fantastic, and Shadow for Wario's side-B, please.

Incineroar - I honestly have no opinion or that much interest on who or what next gen Pokemon should be. All I care about is if they make a good first impression and have stellar gameplay.
Geno - Been since the Brawl days for this to happen, let's make the dream come true and get our boy back from Nintendo's "IDGAF About You" Character Purgatory.
Isaac / Lloyd Irving - Never played Golden Sun or Tales of Symphonia, the Golden Sun remix in Brawl was really ****ing good, though. I wouldn't mind more RPG fellows, I just wouldn't be "HYPED".
Monster Hunter - Wouldn't object, iconic franchise that has been mostly on Nintendo and is getting it's big burst nowadays? Why not capitalize on that?
Skull Kid - Eh, why not. We gotta represent Majora's Mask somehow.
Bandana Waddle Dee -
you cant be serious.png
Diskun - ...Uh? The little yellow dude from the Famicom days? Uh... I guess?
Raiden -
Yes.
Elma - ...I won't be mad. I'll be happy if the fans are happy.
Spring-Man - As much as I know ARMS did succeed... I'd honestly much rather have another Punch-Out!! rep.
Wonder Red - Yeah... I feel as if his time has passed. Not to mention The Wonderful 101 sold terribly - I don't think we're gonna get him ever.

...Oh yeah! I forgot to add someone!

Rex & Pyra -
HYPER_AAAAAH.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I do have transgender friends and, beyond that, family, but my terminology is most certainly not up to par. I accept anyone as they are and nothing beyond a poor personality will cause me to think poorly of another person.

My sense of humor is far-reaching and I am not always as careful as I should be. I apologize for that.
Hey, all good, I know you're a nice enough dude to have meant no harm. I'm part of the LGBT group, so I myself am just glad to see you growing :)

So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Swamp you are breaking my HEART putting Diskun but not Paper Mario.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So here's a little game.

Incineroar - I'd be okay with him. Not my favorite pokemon but a decent choice.
Ken - Hell yes. Would prefer Akuma but I'd be very happy with him too.
Isabelle - Sure. She's alright.
Geno - Don't care about him, but it would be very cool to see him after the hype since Brawl.
Isaac - Personally am indifferent but my friend LOVES him so I want him purely for him.
Monster Hunter - Indifferent.
Lloyd Irving - Indifferent.
Dixie Kong - Indifferent.
Impa - Any Zelda representation is good representation as long as it isn't Tingle
Skull Kid - HYPE LEVELS HAVE SHIFTED INTO MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
Black Shadow - Love F-Zero, would be really cool to see him in.
Bandana Waddle Dee - Would love him.
Ninten - Alright, cool to have all 3 Earthbound protags.
Diskun - Literally have no idea who he is besides the Melee trophy so idk?
Raiden - MSG2 as an Echo of Snake or Revengance version would both be so ****ing awesome.
Big Boss - Awesome.
Shadow - Awesome.
Elma - Really don't know too much, but she seems alright and is a lot more appealing than...
Rex and Pyra - Don't want them. Really hate the "fanservicy" direction this game went in.
Jeanne - Indifferent.
Spring Man - Don't really want him. If there's gonna be an ARMS rep they should choose one of the more interesting ones.
Wonder Red - He could be really cool, I'd be down with including him.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
I never played Subspace, I just watched the cutscenes online like a pleb. But I have seen several full playthroughs and from what I saw there was one glaring issue in my opinion.

The lack of Nintendo worlds.
You're traversing these generic forests and plains instead of fighting you're way through the Mushroom Kingdom, or the Kanto Region.
Or Hyrule, or Zebes, or Yoshi's Island, or Dreamland or something.

I've also noticed it's a little on the long side.
Halberd wasn't even "Nintendo-y" enough for the two missions or so you were on it. It was kind of a let-down. I imagine if Sakurai ever had the chance to tackle a real adventure mode again, he could do better.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar- Don't really care either way
Ken- Eh
Isabelle- Neat
Geno- I guess
Isaac- Awesome
Monster Hunter- Eh
Lloyd Irving- Eh
Dixie Kong- Good. Honestly disappointed how little support she's getting from K.Rool fans
Impa- Eh
Skull Kid- Pretty bandwagon-y but yes please
Black Shadow- Only reason people wanted him was to change Ganondorf's moves up so eh
Bandana Waddle Dee- FRICK YES
Ninten- BEHOLD! THE LOUDEST MEH HEARD AROUND THE PLANET
Diskun- Literally who
Raiden- Hey, if it means Rules of Nature, yes ****ing please. If there's no Rules of Nature, yes ****ing please
Big Boss- Hilariously redundant
Shadow- If unique, holy **** yes. If Echo, boooo now a friend of mine will never ****ing pick a different character
Elma- Neat, didn't enjoy her game much but I don't hate her
Rex and Pyra- BOOOOO PRE ORDER CANCELLED BOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jeanne- Cool, if not only just because of the salty competitive scene
Spring Man- If he's anything like the "What if Ganondorf ate the gom gom fruit" video then holy **** new main
Wonder Red- OH MY **** YES

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
So here's a little game.

This seems fun.

Incineroar: *shrug* eh I'll take it. Pokémon are always some of the most interesting fighters moveset-wise anyway.

Ken: VERY! It's an honor to have the original moveset clone.

Isabelle: who the hell doesn't want and love this adorbs secretary?

Geno: One of the last Pipe Dreams. I'd be ecststic.

Isaac: I played Golden Sun but not the other half, The Lost Age. So if they're neat moveset-wise (which, considering they use earth and plant attacks, they would be) I can at least appreciate him on that front.

Monster Hunter: One of the biggest franchises currently, but I'd rather have a more well-defined Capcom character like Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright rather than a general Monster Hunter representative. But I'm sure they'd be fun.

Lloyd Irving: Never played a Tales of game but sure, throw his fans a bone.

Dixie Kong: YES. Unique, semi-clone, or Echo Fighter, I don't care, I want her in along with King K. Rool.

Impa: *shrug* well they'd be a fun Sheik Echo Fighter at least.

Skull Kid: Majora's Mask is still my favorite Zelda and Skull Kid is one of the series' best villains, I'd be hype.

Black Shadow: Ganondorf's never gonna get a unique moveset, so instead putting this guy in as an Echo Fighter of Falcon would still be great way to keep Ganondorf's old Melee moveset, like Gerudo Dragon and the elbow thrust forward smash. So I'd look forward to him.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Nobody better stop the Dee, he's too cute and he has a spear.

Ninten: Echo Fighter of Ness or Lucas with Mewtwo's up special (4th D Slip) and BOOM, easy, harmless way to finally have all 3 EarthBound protagonists.

Diskun: *shrug*

Raiden: I preferred him to Snake BEFORE he became the new cyborg ninja, everyone else back then was just a coward. So hell yeah I'd love him.

Big Boss: I'd prefer Raiden, Snake already has Big Boss' beard and camo suits for his palette swaps.

Shadow: Easy Echo Fighter as a way for Sonic fans to get one of their ludicrously most-wanted characters in, and I'd be hype too as long as they based Shadow specifically on his SA2 incarnation.

Elma: Xenoblade's not my thing but honestly the series deserves two whole newcomers.

Rex and Pyra: see above

Jeanne: Sure why not? I haven't played Bayonetta but she seems like an easy Echo Fighter.

Spring Man: only if we get a Ribbon Girl Echo Fighter cuz she's so cute.

Wonder Red: HELL YES!!! The Wonderful 101 was FANTASTIC and it's a crime that Nintendo didn't give it the advertising push it deserved, what a phenomenal game. Wonder Red would be amazing!

Alright, this was fun, haha

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
Oh cool, we're trashing Subspace now?

The cutscenes and bosses were great, everything else was a far inferior version of Melee Adventure mode. How'd they forget to have us travel through Nintendo worlds when Nintendo worlds collide is the theme?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Oh cool, we're trashing Subspace now?

The cutscenes and bosses were great, everything else was a far inferior version of Melee Adventure mode. How'd they forget to have us travel through Nintendo worlds when Nintendo worlds collide is the theme?
Imagine if that's what they do in this new mode and it has better gameplay, bosses and all, but people call it worse because "where's muh cutscenes".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think other FE characters didn't have much chance to begin with.
Well mostly Celica/Lyn/Three Houses rep/Anna...really the only FE characters who could’ve actually joined Smash (well maybe one of the Heroes characters)

Enchess

Smash Lord
Imagine if that's what they do in this new mode and it has better gameplay, bosses and all, but people call it worse because "where's muh cutscenes".
Well, then I'll have to argue with a lot of people online haha.

I don't come to Smash for the story, I can sacrifice awesome cutscenes for awesome gameplay

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My problem with Subspace is that it doesn't take any references to any actual Nintendo landscape. It's just like Fire Emblem, most of the areas are just [Generic Plains/Mountain/Castle #47] instead of actual places like the Mushroom Kingdom or Hyrule Field. I understand it wouldn't really make sense in the """story""" that it takes place in, but do people really care about that in the long run?

I'm already fearful it's going to happen again with how Rathalos' stage was presented. I've seen me some Monster Hunter, but if that place isn't an actual detailed place from the series and just a generic flat landscape, I am not very hopeful for the future of another attempt at an extended Adventure mode.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The cutscenes were the best part of Subspace, but if Sakurai manages to make an Adventure Mode that's 20 times better than Subspace without the cutscenes i'd still take it.
I wouldn't be mad at all.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well, then I'll have to argue with a lot of people online haha.

I don't come to Smash for the story, I can sacrifice awesome cutscenes for awesome gameplay
I mean best case scenario we get both but I'm already preparing for the other scenario where we get no cutscenes, and by cutscenes I mean the CGI cutscenes not the in game ones Melee sometimes had.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
but you should download Hollow Knight. Do it.
I have just started this game. It has so much to live up to... and the initial ten minutes of play, while an amazing atmosphere, have not impressed me as far as gameplay.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
IBlack Shadow- Only reason people wanted him was to change Ganondorf's moves up so eh
1525240414597.png

Or maybe I just want me a fun villain. The Ganondorf stuff is only an excuse to why they would put him in.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Then you cannot be talking about the same game.

Well, I'm making a leap and assuming you have a soul.
Beg pardon! I most certainly have a soul, stained as it may be.

It was a visually stunning and mysterious little venture, that is true. However, I am choosy with my games and I am more interested in the mechanical assets of the games I play and the challenges they provide.

I tend to focus on competitive or challenging games because I enjoy the sensation of my own improvement. Without tactical considerations, I am less likely to enjoy a game.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I have just started this game. It has so much to live up to... and the initial ten minutes of play, while an amazing atmosphere, have not impressed me as far as gameplay.
Don't worry, it'll start taking off fast. If you get past 1 or 2 bosses and still feel that way, then it might not be for you though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to watch the Subspace cutscenes.

I had a lot more hope back then.

I was a different time. A happier time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom