• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It would probably look better if they didn’t just paste his Classic Generations head over this Modern Metal Sonic render.

It looks really odd because of that.
WHY. SEGA, what is wrong, god I see it now.

Like bruh?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Melee did outsell the likes of Sunshine, Super Circuit, and Double Dash, but I do agree with your overall point. I should have been more specific and referred to most games, not all. Although launching another huge franchise (such as Mario Kart) the same month as Ultimate would be misguided.
I think there is a reason we are getting
September: Online
October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokemon Let's Go!
December: Smash Bros!

It's been a long time since such a big Nintendo game will hit holiday markets after Black Friday.
I'm assuming the digital age is now officially here.
Let me check the newspaper.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I caught up with the 26 pages of this thread that I missed and have nothing to show for it. Oh well, it's my decision to keep up with this thread in the first place.

Back on topic, I'm positive that all these "leaks" are just people bored and waiting for the next Smash info dump, as if the good people here on the hallowed forum of Smashboards can't entertain themselves without fake leaks. Let's prove them wrong!

...SO!

Yeah I got nuthin'. Someone try to make a convincing "leak" of Adeleine and Ribbon fighting Ayumi Tachibana on Windmill Hills from DKC: Tropical Freeze.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I caught up with the 26 pages of this thread that I missed and have nothing to show for it. Oh well, it's my decision to keep up with this thread in the first place.

Back on topic, I'm positive that all these "leaks" are just people bored and waiting for the next Smash info dump, as if the good people here on the hallowed forum of Smashboards can't entertain themselves without fake leaks. Let's prove them wrong!

...SO!

Yeah I got nuthin'. Someone try to make a convincing "leak" of Adeleine and Ribbon fighting Ayumi Tachibana on Windmill Hills from DKC: Tropical Freeze.
I wish the somewhat convincing leakers had suggestion boxes. This would be great to see.

I'd also take Picross Mario using a pick attack on Mio Amakura while Saki summons an Earth (S&P) AT on a Golden sun stage.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wii Fit Trainer is unknown?

She's the only video game character my parents can recognise, along with Pikachu.
Late reply but I think I should add: I know for a fact that, no, they don't know Mario or Sonic. They might know PAC-MAN. Pokémon Trainer too, if they think he's Ash.

You missed the 'roast my most wanted newcomer' game yesterday apparently, it went on for 7 pages or so and about 1 page for Boshi alone :) That was pretty entertaining imo. lol.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So Pakky?

Yeah?

Why don't you make a fake leak you can work that photoshop machine right?

Yeah but...

Yeah then you can make a whole charade about knowing Verde Burger and Lolz it'd be great.

Or I could download Hollow Knight and eat all of the Rum Rasin I have in the freezer.

Arguing with myself.

I ate two tubs of ice cream...

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
I think there is a reason we are getting
September: Online
October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokemon Let's Go!
December: Smash Bros!

It's been a long time since such a big Nintendo game will hit holiday markets after Black Friday.
I'm assuming the digital age is now officially here.
Let me check the newspaper.
I can't even think of the last time Nintendo launched a big game during December. I can only think of Animal Crossing Wild World, but that had a staggered launch and initially released in November in Japan anyway.

Q4 is also really stacked, the best Q4 (from a sales perspective) for a Nintendo system in years.

Edit: I have exactly 1,111 likes. That's actually kinda cool.

Edit 2: Well, it was cool while it lasted.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
So Pakky?

Yeah?

Why don't you make a fake leak you can work that photoshop machine right?

Yeah but...

Yeah then you can make a whole charade about knowing Verde Burger and Lolz it'd be great.

Or I could download Hollow Knight and eat all of the Rum Rasin I have in the freezer.

Arguing with myself.

I ate two tubs of ice cream...
but you should download Hollow Knight. Do it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back on topic, I'm positive that all these "leaks" are just people bored and waiting for the next Smash info dump...
Well, that - and trying to get bragging rights to see if you can get on Etika or Alpharad's channels. I dunno, if you ask me, this is a good example of what kind of people leakers are.

Screenshot (955).png

The meme folder continues to grow.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, that - and trying to get bragging rights to see if you can get on Etika or Alpharad's channels. I dunno, if you ask me, this is a good example of what kind of people leakers are.

View attachment 161500

The meme folder continues to grow.
Hot take

I'll take Eitika over Matpat...

I said and now I feel better.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was 100% being facetious. I know you are as well. But this joke cannot be reverberated.
No more Awakening characters. I can deal with Fire Emblem. Not Awakening. No more.
I agree. Honestly I was a tad bit shocked that Chrom joined as a fighter due to every other FE game either getting one character or atleast a song (Awakening has multiple songs, a stage specifically for that game, and three characters...and Corrin for the post Awakening era)

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
You missed the 'roast my most wanted newcomer' game yesterday apparently, it went on for 7 pages or so and about 1 page for Boshi alone :) That was pretty entertaining imo. lol.
I didn't miss it, I participated by roasting Hollow Knight then requesting someone else roast one of my most wanted newcomers, who is Hollow Knight.

but you should download Hollow Knight. Do it.
...because yeah Hollow Knight is f*cking incredible and everyone should go play it right now if they find this "speculation" in this thread too boring. I'd be playing it right now if I didn't already beat it and the new DLC that just came out for it.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I think, in these times with no real news, with pseudo-leakers popping up left and right starving for undeserved attention and speculation devolving into cringe level parody, we should all take a moment to just stop, and thank Mr. Sakurai and his incredibly talented team of programmers and artists.

Right now, we know this game has:
- Nearly 70 characters confirmed, many of the new ones being highly requested by fans for a very long time.
-103 Stages, most of which with both a Battlefield and Omega form.
- 28 hours of music.
- Numerous customization options to allow a wide range of casual and competitive players to enjoy they game in their own way.

The game already seems to dwarf, anything else in the series already and it is still not even fully revealed. I am honestly, amazed.

Shroob

Sup?
Etika at least shows interest in the Smash, and Nintendo as a whole, as cringe as he can be at time. I legit found it humorous some of the quips he did during his E3 reveal.

Like, I really didn't expect someone like him to comment that Fiora being in Shulk's FS was a huge spoiler, or how badly he was trying to determine which Zelda design was being used,

Hell, he called Skyward Sword "The first one", which means he's well aware of the Zelda timeline.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Reminder that "cringe" is a word for cowards afraid of enthusiasm, joy, and heartfelt emotion in general.

Chrono.

Etika at least shows interest in the Smash, and Nintendo as a whole, as cringe as he can be at time. I legit found it humorous some of the quips he did during his E3 reveal.

Like, I really didn't expect someone like him to comment that Fiora being in Shulk's FS was a huge spoiler, or how badly he was trying to determine which Zelda design was being used,

Hell, he called Skyward Sword "The first one", which means he's well aware of the Zelda timeline.
The last Xenoblade 2 stream he did was actually pretty quality.

He was so into the story he didn't even overreact like he usually does lol.

Shroob

Sup?

Honestly, despite the whole BREAKING THE SHELF thing from the E3 direct, if I hadn't been spoiled ahead of time what the Direct had, I would have been just as hype.

D

Deleted member

The problem is that he doesn't do them as much anymore, and that was the main core and focus of his channel in ways. Nowadays you got the usual whales that try and interrupt the stream with a $1,000 donation and people who try and be the next Twitter Sakurai meme account leeching off of Etika's clout.

Being subbed and knowing Desmond and his content for about 4-5ish years... Yeah, it sucks being a fan of him right now, content-wise lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I agree. Honestly I was a tad bit shocked that Chrom joined as a fighter due to every other FE game either getting one character or atleast a song (Awakening has multiple songs, a stage specifically for that game, and three characters...and Corrin for the post Awakening era)
One reason I didn't rooted for Chrom despite playing Awakening. Glad he's here, though.

Shroob

Sup?
The problem is that he doesn't do them as much anymore, and that was the main core and focus of his channel in ways. Nowadays you got the usual whales that try and interrupt the stream with a $1,000 donation and people who try and be the next Twitter Sakurai meme account leeching off of Etika's clout.

Being subbed and knowing Desmond and his content for about 4-5ish years... Yeah, it sucks being a fan of him right now, content-wise lmao
Wait, is Etika how Black Fat Sakurai spawned?

What I meant was that I feel what he was saying. What I said was nonsense.

In the process, I think I found the line I shouldn’t cross. Invaluable information.
Knowing you from this forum i recognize your well intended poetic nonsense. 1000% sure there was no harm meant.

Edit: Altought if i didn't know you, it'd be a different story. Therefore, 'the line' is a great thing to have in mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom