• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nintendo is pushing Fire Emblem more, but Metroid still has more sales.
Fire Emblem has came a long way though. I am not a master at Fire Emblem, because the only Fire Emblem game I play is Fire Emblem Heroes.
Not really, here's some sales figures between the latest and some best selling games.
Metroid Samus Returns: 0.42m Worldwide
Fire Emblem Echoes: 0.68m Worldwide
Metroid Prime: 2.82m Worldwide
Fire Emblem Awakening: 2.10m Worldwide

I should also point out that Metroid games do much, much better in the West..poor Metroid Prime barely sold in Japan..while Fire Emblem sells more evenly worldwide since Awakening, which is likely why it's pushed over Metroid.
Your idea for Young Link is all I ever wanted (even if it's impractical as all hell because of how resource heavy it is, you'd to make 4 separate characters into one essentially.)

Sadly even Hyrule Warriors kinda failed me on that front, I didn't even want full transformations I just wanted him to use to the Masks for combo finishers. Instead we got the blandest moveset possible, even if he is broken.
It's only 1 more the Pokémon Trainer..unless you count the Pokémon Trainer themselves.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mentioned a little bit ago that I was drawing an image of Isaac.

Well, here it is.
I quite like how it turned out.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's always somewhat difficult to weigh series like Metroid and Fire Emblem... But not Donkey Kong. That series was always a big seller and it's dumbfounding how little DK content Smash had until now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Samus Returns was a really fun game. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It's always somewhat difficult to weigh series like Metroid and Fire Emblem... But not Donkey Kong. That series was always a big seller and it's dumbfounding how little DK content Smash had until now.
Only if it's Donkey Kong Country..the games between Donkey Kong 64 and DKC Returns weren't the biggest sellers.
Samus Returns was a really fun game. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't bought it yet.
Oh definitely.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I mentioned a little bit ago that I was drawing an image of Isaac.

Well, here it is.
I quite like how it turned out.
I tell you, I had a really good drawing of Umbreon I drew in 6th grade, but I can't find it. A shame, as it was my best Eeveelution/Pokémon drawing ever.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
So where do you go from Master Core? I thought it was an excellent boss for the series.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So where do you go from Master Core? I thought it was an excellent boss for the series.
Master of Masters.

Yeah, he actually disappeared from the Kingdom Hearts universe to mess around with the Smash Bros. universe.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You know what? I'm going to make it my mission to find that drawing! I drew Umbreon first (my favorite Eeveelution), and a few others, but not all of them, and I might have it, or I'll start over again.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Duke of Death Hot Take Power Hour, Please Apply Tin Foil Cranial Protection and Don't Forget To Stretch For Reaching Purposes:

A lot of people are convinced Dixie is gonna happen, and I see her highly likely at the very least. IF Dixie happens, that would have been the third series so far that we've gotten a Newcomer and a Echo for (Castlevania and Metroid). That would establish a pattern. Full on newcomers coming packaged with echos (but not so much the other way around, lookin at you Chrom).

People also think Skull Kid is very likely, as do I. IF Skull Kid happens, its not entirely impossible that LOZ would get an echo accompanying him. And since Shiek got her final smash changed, something less Zelda specific, I wouldn't be surprised if that echo would be Impa.

Now, we do have another new echo being Daisy. IF Dixie happens and IF Skull Kid with Impa happens and IF that establishes a echo/newcomer pattern then I think it'd be rather likely that a new Mario rep, Geno perhaps, could be the corresponding Newcomer to Daisy's Echo.

IF

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not really, here's some sales figures between the latest and some best selling games.

I should also point out that Metroid games do much, much better in the West..poor Metroid Prime barely sold in Japan..while Fire Emblem sells more evenly worldwide since Awakening, which is likely why it's pushed over Metroid.
Er, where did you get those numbers. Please don't tell me VGChartz...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Welcome to the Duke of Death Hot Take Power Hour, Please Apply Tin Foil Cranial Protection and Don't Forget To Stretch For Reaching Purposes:

A lot of people are convinced Dixie is gonna happen, and I see her highly likely at the very least. IF Dixie happens, that would have been the third series so far that we've gotten a Newcomer and a Echo for (Castlevania and Metroid). That would establish a pattern. Full on newcomers coming packaged with echos (but not so much the other way around, lookin at you Chrom).

People also think Skull Kid is very likely, as do I. IF Skull Kid happens, its not entirely impossible that LOZ would get an echo accompanying him. And since Shiek got her final smash changed, something less Zelda specific, I wouldn't be surprised if that echo would be Impa.

Now, we do have another new echo being Daisy. IF Dixie happens and IF Skull Kid with Impa happens and IF that establishes a echo/newcomer pattern then I think it'd be rather likely that a new Mario rep, Geno perhaps, could be the corresponding Newcomer to Daisy's Echo.

IF

So Dixie, Skull Kid, Impa and Geno are 100% confirmed?!!! Thanks, I totally got the intent behind your message... :yoshi:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

IF

That’s worthy of a front page article on one of the leading gaming sites. Or a YouTube video. Makes perfect sense. Looking forward to playing all those characters. In fact, if they don’t get in, I might sacrifice a puppy to Baphomet.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

IF

55E5FC0C-03EC-42BB-ACD9-6A86FFA0D326.jpeg

I have too much time on my hands these days.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Er, where did you get those numbers. Please don't tell me VGChartz...
I had no other resource available for Fire Emblem Echoes, Samus Returns, or Prime. Nintendo doesn't release sales unless they pass the million mark (Awakening was 1.73m when they did) and Prime seems to be too old, though I saw 1.43m thrown around with no source given.

My point was to counter the claim that Metroid gets more sales then Fire Emblem. It doesn't. Outside of Prime and a few others, Metroid rarely surpasses the million mark. Yes, VGChartz is not reliable for exact numbers, but they are usually in the right ballpark.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
This was so ****ing weird lol.

Like, damn, what are the chances you end up with a really bugged Smash 4 copy? That's how most creepypastas start.
Seems it was actually his Wii U since it did this with a second copy of the game too.
What the hell is going on in this image?
Someone has a messed up Wii U without knowing it, only had this problem with multiple copies of Smash.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I got one of those Smash dreams that happen when you obsess over the game. It was about two directs

First iñcineroar was anounced
Then we saw bandana dee as an assist trophy
Then Rayman was the suprise reveal in that direct.

For the final direct they went all out, and I mean, glad it's not the case kind of thing. They anounced Frankenstein, from I, frankenstein. Did not even see that movie. Ryu Hayabusa in a different non ninja outfit. Karate Joe was anounced as the wtf character, he expands his size when does moves. His recovery is him getting bigger and rherefore reaching the ledge. Finally Streets of Rage was anounced as a character but no info was given. Supposedly they would play similar to Ice Climbers. There were a few others, but you know how dreams dissipate partly when you wake up.

In my dream I was super excited, but I also apparently contributed to the game without knowing or something. But this would be a bad roster, so luckily dreams are dreams.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've heard that this rumor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSo5ue1LnhQ&feature=youtu.be has been discussed in Japan recently

Which is odd because it has some massive holes in it. It mentions Ashley, Shovel Knight as what's assumed to be characters and it says the "Belmont" was not chosen because Bomberman was more popular. But it also talks about why Bomberman didn't end up as a character.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

It's only 1 more the Pokémon Trainer..unless you count the Pokémon Trainer themselves.
Do you mind where I ask where you got those numbers for Samus Returns and Fire Emblem Echoes, because the only official numbers I can find are from Media Create over in Japan (where Echoes did beat SR, but not by the difference suggested in those results) and NPD revenue results (which put Samus Returns above Echoes in the yearly report).

Chrono.

What the hell is going on in this image?
Basically one really unlucky (or really lucky, depends on the perspective) got a ****ed up bugged version of Smash Wii U and well...

EDIT: Oh **** wait nvm, DevaAshera DevaAshera went into it more clearly lol. Didn't know he got it again.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

IF

Add Isaac and Felix lol, they'd most certainly fit that pattern as well. Seriously though, I'm mostly convinced at this point that Geno, Isaac and Skull Kid are happening.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
the yoshi reminds me of this yoshi

but to be more on topic, I love the newcomer = echo too theory. Bodes well for Kirby

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know the manga isn't exactly canon for TLOZ, but it makes me pity Volvagia so much that I actually get upset every time I have to defeat him.
I never read the manga. I just like the idea of Wack-a-Mole but with a giant lava snake. Does Volvagia have some sort of tragic backstory?
Same here. I don't think it'd be that ressource heavy tho, it would be almost like Pokemon trainer with a lightweight (Deku Scrub), mid (Zora) and heavy (Goron) + Fierce Deity as a more balanced character (could also be his final smash to cut some complexity).
You realize Pokemon Trainer is basically three full characters in one, right? They're probably way more resource heavy then your typical fighter and I really doubt we'll ever see a character like them again.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Do you mind where I ask where you got those numbers for Samus Returns and Fire Emblem Echoes, because the only official numbers I can find are from Media Create over in Japan (where Echoes did beat SR, but not by the difference suggested in those results) and NPD revenue results (which put Samus Returns above Echoes in the yearly report).
As Nintendo doesn't release sales numbers unless it surpasses a million sales, I sadly had to use VGChartz.

Regardless, my point was that Metroid doesn't quite sell as well as Fire Emblem worldwide. Metroid definitely sells better in the West then in Japan while Fire Emblem sells more evenly worldwide.

blackghost

Smash Champion
"Injustice 2 launched with 30"

Injustice 2 is also a sequel building off it's first game.

Also, this game would also be building assets from the ground up, just like SC6 and DBFZ.
injustice 2 had 15 new characters in its base roster. that still stands as a massive change. to really doesnt change that dbfz didnt launch with enough. a modern fighter should launch with min 25. excpetiojs f0r games like skullgirls and KI which had no budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom