• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
People's main problem was his complete lack of meaningful connection to Nintendo. Let's recall the only reason bayo was even considered was what happened with bayo 2.

But if Snake and Cloud can happen anyone can happen if they're iconic enough, and Dante is rather iconic, he's just a bit if a shock, I've certainly never seen him seriously thought about before now, so I'd be curious where the idea even came to Sakurai
he most certainly fills all the necessary things he needs to earn the spot, first he is an icon, second he is unique, third he has a futur game, the outcry for him was so big the reboot dante basicly got trashed immidiatly to get back old dante, campcom who owns him has characters in smash so he should be rather easy to get,
and finaly, as i said before making him wont be that hard since ike and bayonetta both can be used as bases for his design, k rool borowd a ton of stuff from other characters aswell, speak bowser jr, ganon and i forgot the others, bowser or something.
well to finish up. i always said out of joke, the most insane character i want in smash is either dante or doomguy.
and if we get dante or doomguy, who are both along with simon the most iconic demon hunters ever, fitting the theme villains vs heroes. it jsut makes too much sense

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
he most certainly fills all the necessary things he needs to earn the spot, first he is an icon, second he is unique, third he has a futur game, the outcry for him was so big the reboot dante basicly got trashed immidiatly to get back old dante, campcom who owns him has characters in smash so he should be rather easy to get,
and finaly, as i said before making him wont be that hard since ike and bayonetta both can be used as bases for his design, k rool borowd a ton of stuff from other characters aswell, speak bowser jr, ganon and i forgot the others, bowser or something.
well to finish up. i always said out of joke, the most insane character i want in smash is either dante or doomguy.
and if we get dante or doomguy, who are both along with simon the most iconic demon hunters ever, fitting the theme villains vs heroes. it jsut makes too much sense
Capcom has other potential reps. Dante has to compete with Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, the Monster Hunter, and any new Mega Man or Street Fighter reps.

Pakky

Smash Hero

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Who is Pitcher?

And yeah, Globax is pretty drastic for an Echo. For one, he glides very differently from Rayman, with Rayman using his hair and Globax literally flapping his arms repeatedly. And two, Globax's body shape is drastically different from Rayman. I can't see this. Would be cool if it was true, but that bit with Globax really really hurts it.
I think it's an autocorrect of Richter since he doesn't appear on that list.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
well i feel like dante derserved the spot bayonetta fills a bit more, and also he is multiplatform.

it should not even be hard to make him, take ikes base model, which is already similiar to dmc4 dante, take the sword which is similiar, and combine some original moves plus some ike and bayonetta moves, make it a heavier bayonetta type and he is done.
i myslf can see dante very well since he is basicly a cartoon LIKE character
He has realistic guns though, bayonetta also does technically but they probably get away with that because the bullets have magic like effects, dante can't really get away with that.

But if his inclusion could pave the way for Lara Croft I'm all for it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That we aren't getting an adventure mode.
I feel like this is going to be the big complaint from the community this time, not that certain characters aren't in, but the lack of a new SSE. Like, on more casual sites like Reddit and Twitter it's all the rage, in reaction videos there are so many people who go "Subspace!" with every trailer, outside of Smashboards it's widely expected we're getting something like it, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Just from what we've already seen this game is a monumental task, I don't think it's realistic to expect something like a new SSE to have fit into the development in addition to the absurd amount of content in this game, and if it did they'd already have begun marketing the hell out of it as one of the game's main selling points. Spirits might be some sort of adventure mode, but it'll be closer to Melee's then than it'll be to a fully-fledged story mode like SSE, I'm very confident in saying that.

It's kind of funny to see how the opinion on SSE has changed though, with Smash 4 it was controversial that we weren't getting a new story mode of course, but there were also a lot of people who said it was for the better and SSE was nothing but a mediocre Kirby game, especially on this site where it was even blamed for Brawl's bad gameplay and balance. 4 years later everybody loves it though.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really love reading about that the smash ballot was influential on the characters selection, because now Isaac really has a chance to get in the roster and that's amazing!

But, I don't think only ballot picks would get in Ultimate, I mean, we got Simon and Richter and I didn't see them in a lot of polls before their reveal. I think this time around Sakurai's main focus is to please fans, but I believe theres going to be another surprise characters not picked from the ballot
Well Simon Belmont did appear on the exit poll for the ballot. I think you're underestimating Castlevanias popularity just a little.

I think if any franchise bucks the trend of ballot picks it'll be Pokemon.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Capcom has other potential reps. Dante has to compete with Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, the Monster Hunter, and any new Mega Man or Street Fighter reps.
PURE hype wise thinking, and marketingwise
he alreadyy beats most of these, and with dante in monster hunter world, it could very well be that he is the new capcom rep and monster hunter is just a lvl in story mode, also yeah the monster hunter is beloved, but its not one set character, its liek the miis basicly, so yeah
i feel he has a real big edge over the ones you named

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well Simon Belmont did appear on the exit poll for the ballot. I think you're underestimating Castlevanias popularity just a little.

I think if any franchise bucks the trend of ballot picks it'll be Pokemon.
Simon wasn't very requested in the Smash 4 days, due to Snake getting cut and the position Konami was in at the time.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Apart from Chun-Li I don't think any of those guys are nearly as iconic as dante, his inclusion would make sense, I'd honestly expect a resident evil character first though since that series is how DMC even got it's start and resident evil as a franchise is more well known

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Disagree, respectfully. This rule was broken as soon as you mentioned Falcondorf. Even if his properties are dramatically altered, he was made into a clone of someone who is not only in a completely different game, but doesn’t even share a moveset that could accurately represent his character in ANY way. The only thing that was even kind of similar was body type.

The option to sort series would probably either exclude a cross-series echo or it would just allow it to share the same space anyways.

I wouldn’t like it, but I wouldn’t say it couldn’t happen.
Still, you could never play Ganondorf the same way as you could with Captain Falcon; Ganondorf is a slow character, while Captain Falcon had high mobility on his side.

Also, when you look at Mario and Dr. Mario, the attribute differences between them can likely explain why Dr. Mario is not an Echo Fighter; although they share the same body type, Dr. Mario is less mobile overall; this also causes his recovery to be worse.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Apart from Chun-Li I don't think any of those guys are nearly as iconic as dante, his inclusion would make sense, I'd honestly expect a resident evil character first though since that series is how DMC even got it's start
Phoenix Wright is the star of one of the greatest visual novels of all time. Dante has an issue involving realistic guns.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I feel like this is going to be the big complaint from the community this time, not that certain characters aren't in, but the lack of a new SSE. Like, on more casual sites like Reddit and Twitter it's all the rage, in reaction videos there are so many people who go "Subspace!" with every trailer, outside of Smashboards it's widely expected we're getting something like it, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Just from what we've already seen this game is a monumental task, I don't think it's realistic to expect something like a new SSE to have fit into the development in addition to the absurd amount of content in this game, and if it did they'd already have begun marketing the hell out of it as one of the game's main selling points. Spirits might be some sort of adventure mode, but it'll be closer to Melee's then than it'll be to a fully-fledged story mode like SSE, I'm very confident in saying that.

It's kind of funny to see how the opinion on SSE has changed though, with Smash 4 it was controversial that we weren't getting a new story mode of course, but there were also a lot of people who said it was for the better and SSE was nothing but a mediocre Kirby game, especially on this site where it was even blamed for Brawl's bad gameplay and balance. 4 years later everybody loves it though.
I really think having no SSE is for the better. Brawl suffered heavily because of it with it’s lack of others modes and it’s terrible balancing.

With a cast like this, I feel having one is next to impossible. But hopefully the Spirits mode makes unlocking characters fun and be unique without taking too much time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It is going to be "hilarious" when the final roster is known and it is nothing like speculators or fans predicted. See what happened when Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 all leaked. The same will probably happen with Ultimate. People will holler up and down that it is missing certain characters that are deemed "necessary" so it cannot be real, and people will look to more and more convoluted theories as to why Sakurai is pulling our leg.

Already. Who would have seen Ridley coming after Sakurai said he was "too big". Who would have seen Castlevania characters coming when everyone was talking more about the likes of Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Kingdom Hearts over this franchise? Who could have predicted Dark Samus making it in despite the most wanted Metroid character for 17 years still having not made it in and her own time in the sun being over for a decade? Who would have predicted Chrom after Smash 4's official material outright mocked the character and Sakurai saying the character brought nothing special to the table? Who would have predicted that our Mario newcomer would be Daisy over the likes of Toad, Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Captain Toad?

Even when Simon was leaked, who saw a second Castlevania character coming?

The speculators get a lot of things right, but in the end there are many things unknown to us, and we do not understand how the selection process for one game might be different for the current one.

If I were to show the present roster to myself six months ago, I would never have believed it. Too many absurd character choices. However, in the context of Sakurai's new parameters for Ultimate, the characters make perfect sense.

This does not mean "expect out there characters", but rather step outside the expectations of the "crowd" for what we might ultimately get.

Just look now at "Geno, Isaac, and Skull Kid are the new trinity!!!1111". A few weeks ago, Skull Kid was barely a blip. Now due to being seen as "likely" he is seen as likely. Isaac had a cult following too, but the moment people looked at that Ratholos screenshot, they went all "oomgg Issic comfirmed!!!!!".

The biggest loudmouths formulate their own consensus and shout it over and over and over again, and within this maelstrom., people lose sight of their own inner wisdom or intuition. This is perhaps a statement on social media in general though.

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own."
- Bruce Lee

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Phoenix Wright is the star of one of the greatest visual novels of all time. Dante has an issue involving realistic guns.
That's subjective, what isn't subjective is the fact that DMC is a much bigger franchise. The guns is a very valid point though.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
He has realistic guns though, bayonetta also does technically but they probably get away with that because the bullets have magic like effects, dante can't really get away with that.

But if his inclusion could pave the way for Lara Croft I'm all for it.
Yeah, but Dante's also got his sword and a whole lot of alternate weapons he could utilize. Though I don't know how I feel about Dante without his Jackpot ability.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Dante's also got his sword and a whole lot of alternate weapons he could utilize. Though I don't know how I feel about Dante without his Jackpot ability.
Dante was also in Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. If a character from that game will get in it will more likely be Heihachi Mishima. I do think that Heihachi is more likely to get in than Dante BTW.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
It's very likely some form of serious pve content will be in, as it would be very hard at this point in time from what evidence we know for sakurai to handwave Dracula and Rathalos as stage bosses. This to me suggests that Brawl style bosses are a safe bet.

I'm still probably gonna guess the new mode is an extended version of the great maze, with a large map to fight enemies and rescue all the unlockable characters at this point in time. But I also feel like the bosses may also be incoprorated into classic mode too, so who knows. Not to mention, the bosses look better designed in Smash UT than they were in brawl, they look smaller, but more threatening, in comparison to brawl's which were larger but could sometimes feel like you're just wailing on them in their long downtimes. This also suggests imo that Sakurai and the devs took time to ask what makes a good boss battle.

I imagine the final result will be subspace-esque, but, a lot shorter, with the story ripped out and better, less bland gameplay and level design.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
i was just watching papa genos video on that dante for smash leak, what do you guys think about it
First part was good, highly speculative, entertaining.

Enjoyed it far less once he got to the Dante part of the video. The usual confirmation bias and calling rumours leaks.

Would have enjoyed it more if he'd explain why it could be a true rumour and how it could be false. He merely glances over the possibility of rumours being false and the bias of his belief clouds the objectiveness the video could have.

I fundamentally don't like this approach of rumour coverage because a portion of the base won't take rumours with a grain of salt and speculation runs rampid with confirmation bias.

I wish it was done in a way that let the fans decide for themselves if they want to believe a rumour or not. It just sways far too much in favour of every rumour he's ever spoken about.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Eh, after the backlash ganondorf got I really doubt they'd do any more cross-series echoes tbh. And there's very few characters where echoing a character not from their own series actually works anyway, Pretty much the only example is blaziken.
And Blastoise for Bowser...replacing fire breath with water or bubbles.

Hitmonchan and Little Mac
Still, you could never play Ganondorf the same way as you could with Captain Falcon; Ganondorf is a slow character, while Captain Falcon had high mobility on his side.

Also, when you look at Mario and Dr. Mario, the attribute differences between them can likely explain why Dr. Mario is not an Echo Fighter; although they share the same body type, Dr. Mario is less mobile overall; this also causes his recovery to be worse.
Okay, these are true. Forgive me, though. I’m not understanding what their differences change about the possibility of cross-series echoes.

I know Dr. Mario isn’t considered an echo. I just figured it was any fairly differing character who wasn’t called an echo in previous games. If he was made in Ultimate, I’m sure they would call him an echo. But they didn’t and that’s why I personally believe they won’t call him an echo. He’s had time to change over the years. And Ganon, yeah. He just isn’t one. He’a Too different. They never said they wouldn’t be open to making a new semi-clone/echo, though.

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
* looks at bayonetta fox falco snake.....* sure real looking guns are totaly out of question
also phoenix wright is propably not as well known as dante is, i mean dante has apeared on more platforms if i remember, over a long time, in a part of gaming he shaped heavily, with a great game coming up planned for the last 4 years and made in the last 3, <.< while i dont see any big phoenix wright info shaking the internet. also dmc was a internet thing for years not just now
i do not doubt wright is not iconic, i jsut think dante beats him to the punch

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It is going to be "hilarious" when the final roster is known and it is nothing like speculators or fans predicted. See what happened when Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 all leaked. The same will probably happen with Ultimate. People will holler up and down that it is missing certain characters that are deemed "necessary" so it cannot be real, and people will look to more and more convoluted theories as to why Sakurai is pulling our leg.

Already. Who would have seen Ridley coming after Sakurai said he was "too big". Who would have seen Castlevania characters coming when everyone was talking more about the likes of Rayman, Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Kingdom Hearts over this franchise? Who could have predicted Dark Samus making it in despite the most wanted Metroid character for 17 years still having not made it in and her own time in the sun being over for a decade? Who would have predicted Chrom after Smash 4's official material outright mocked the character and Sakurai saying the character brought nothing special to the table? Who would have predicted that our Mario newcomer would be Daisy over the likes of Toad, Geno, Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Captain Toad?

The speculators get a lot of things right, but in the end there are many things unknown to us, and we do not understand how the selection process for one game might be different for the current one.

If I were to show the present roster to myself six months ago, I would never have believed it. Too many absurd character choices. However, in the context of Sakurai's new parameters for Ultimate, the characters make perfect sense.

This does not mean "expect out there characters", but rather step outside the expectations of the "crowd" for what we might ultimately get.

Just look now at "Geno, Isaac, and Skull Kid are the new trinity!!!1111". A few weeks ago, Skull Kid was barely a blip. Now due to being seen as "likely" he is seen as likely. Isaac had a cult following too, but the moment people looked at that Ratholos screenshot, they went all "oomgg Issic comfirmed!!!!!".

The biggest loudmouths formulate their own consensus and shout it over and over and over again, and within this maelstrom., people lose sight of their own inner wisdom or intuition. This is perhaps a statement on social media in general though.

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
"History is written by the victors." - Winston Churchill

Skull Kid and Simon and [insert future unexpected character here] were obvious all along.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You all keep talking about the characters, but there's something in this link (https://sourcegaming.info/2018/08/2...smash-direct-sakurais-famitsu-column-vol-561/) that worries me, since it does not outright deny the existence of a SSE-like story mode (in this case, Spirits), but it raises a few questions related to it.

I'm talking about this paragraph: "Simon and Richter. New whip physics. Dracula’s Castle and a whole host of boss characters. Count Dracula himself–complete with two forms. Alucard. Not to mention 34 music tracks. Even the trailer, made expressly for the purpose of introducing a new character, required a considerable amount of time and energy to create. A lot of people are probably wondering, “Who’s Richter?” I hope they’ll enjoy getting to know him through Ultimate."

From what I recall, the general consensus was that the character reveal trailers were actually cutscenes that would appear in the Spirits gamemode, yet this outright proves this wrong. What do you think the implications are?
I never thought the trailers would be used for a story mode cutscene. I don't know why that became a theory, they're just as general as smash trailers in the past.

I think the line about how they used a 100 man team and we're straining them as is kills the idea of a story mode more. We will probably just get an adventure mode instead (not complaining!).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
* looks at bayonetta fox falco snake.....* sure real looking guns are totaly out of question
also phoenix wright is propably not as well known as dante is, i mean dante has apeared on more platforms if i remember, over a long time, in a part of gaming he shaped heavily, with a great game coming up planned for the last 4 years and made in the last 3, <.< while i dont see any big phoenix wright info shaking the internet. also dmc was a internet thing for years not just now
i do not doubt wright is not iconic, i jsut think dante beats him to the punch
Well, Fox and Falco use blasters, Bayonetta uses magic in her guns, and Snake doesn't use any firearms at all except explosive weapons. They avoid giving characters realistic guns to avoid getting a high rating.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

I mean, its okay to say what you feel, but people have actual reasons for thinking Skull Kid is in the game (and some of them are legit).

Even with Geno and Isaac, their chance have risen dramatically since we know Sakurai is directly pulling characters now from the Ballot. No, it does not mean every new character will be from there, BUT its the idea that they have a much larger chance now because he must have also seen their names show up on the ballot as well (they likely were some of the highest picks, as they always are)

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Well, Fox and Falco use blasters, Bayonetta uses magic in her guns, and Snake doesn't use any firearms at all except explosive weapons. They avoid giving characters realistic guns to avoid getting a high rating.
that is not a point valid enough to beat of dantes chances, bayonetta still uses guns, done.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To further explain this matter, the blasters that Fox and Falco use fire lasers and energy blasts, while Bayonetta's guns fire magic bullets.

I don't know much about Dante, but if he has been known to use realistic guns that fire real world bullets, that can be a serious problem for him if he was ever considered to be a fighter for Smash Ultimate.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
(they likely were some of the highest picks, as they always are)
Geno did not spike up to his pre-Brawl levels until Sakurai publically spoke about wanting to include Geno back during Brawl. Prior to that he was behind the likes of Paper Mario, Waluigi, Toad/Captain Toad, and probably even Daisy. You underestimate how many casual Smash Bros. fans there are that do not spend one minute on any sort of forums and just go with "hey I liked playing as that character in that game, they should go and be in this game" which would propel someone like Daisy a lot higher than veteran speculators think she would.

As N3ON implied, we re-write the past to formulate a narrative that concurs with the zeitgeist of the present. Our hubris later becomes our rage, when what we "think" does not match "reality". Feel-ality does not always equal reality.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but I've seen several Youtubers who have reacted to the Direct mention this several times whether it's sarcastic or genuine:
Why are people still talking about Waluigi possibly getting in as a character? It legitimately baffles me.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh. that's an option. Robin isn't using that hood for anything anyways lol.
Yeah, though a hooded Robin would likely need to be a single gender rather then 1 for each. Either male due to Awakening cutscenes or female due to Heroes & Warriors playing up the Female Grima.
Well, besides reversing his hat, Ninten was given a scarf, has a red/white/blue striped shirt (as opposed to Ness's blue and yellow) and has no backpack. Ninten has also been shown with eyes in the shape of Pac-Man in some fanarts, other fanarts depict him with the same eyes as the other 2 Mother boys. One render (that's commonly used) went as far as to flatten Ninten's hat, making it look similar to Mario's hat.
That is all fan art though, they cannot use fan designs or fan elements in anything official due to possible legal repercussions. They also wouldn't use the commercial version since it is not the official version. Smash sticks very close to canon designs, only adding more details here or there, but keeping the basic design the same.

Ninten's original, canon design is near identical to Ness. Nothing can change that.

Now that's not to say Ninten as a Ness echo is impossible. It's possible that the lack of a backpack, the thicker blue lines & thinner yellow lines, somewhat different face, and a different stance if he's given one could make him different enough from Ness to work without needing to alter his design to be based on a live action, non-canon design used in 1 commercial.
Disagree, respectfully. This rule was broken as soon as you mentioned Falcondorf. Even if his properties are dramatically altered, he was made into a clone of someone who is not only in a completely different game, but doesn’t even share a moveset that could accurately represent his character in ANY way. The only thing that was even kind of similar was body type.

The option to sort series would probably either exclude a cross-series echo or it would just allow it to share the same space anyways.

I wouldn’t like it, but I wouldn’t say it couldn’t happen.
The clones in Melee weren't Echo Fighters. Echo Fighters = Clones but Clones =/= Echo Fighters.

Echo Fighters are a new concept that we do not have enough information on to know what rules, if any, exist for them aside from similar movesets.
Apart from Chun-Li I don't think any of those guys are nearly as iconic as dante, his inclusion would make sense, I'd honestly expect a resident evil character first though since that series is how DMC even got it's start and resident evil as a franchise is more well known
Though I love Dante, Monster Hunter is a massively popular series, especially in Japan. It can be compared to Minecraft or Fortnite in terms of its popularity there.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bayonaise has magic guns and that's an ok with mommies and daddies.
Danty has real guns and that's a no-no with mommies and daddies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
To further explain this matter, the blasters that Fox and Falco use fire lasers and energy blasts, while Bayonetta's guns fire magic bullets.

I don't know much about Dante, but if he has been known to use realistic guns that fire real world bullets, that can be a serious problem for him if he was ever considered to be a fighter for Smash Ultimate.
Dante does use actual guns: two dual wielded pistols, in fact, and there one of his most prominent weapons too. They fire real bullets as well.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, though a hooded Robin would likely need to be a single gender rather then 1 for each. Either male due to Awakening cutscenes or female due to Heroes & Warriors playing up the Female Grima.

That is all fan art though, they cannot use fan designs or fan elements in anything official due to possible legal repercussions. They also wouldn't use the commercial version since it is not the official version. Smash sticks very close to canon designs, only adding more details here or there, but keeping the basic design the same.

Ninten's original, canon design is near identical to Ness. Nothing can change that.

Now that's not to say Ninten as a Ness echo is impossible. It's possible that the lack of a backpack, the thicker blue lines & thinner yellow lines, somewhat different face, and a different stance if he's given one could make him different enough from Ness to work without needing to alter his design to be based on a live action, non-canon design used in 1 commercial.

The clones in Melee weren't Echo Fighters. Echo Fighters = Clones but Clones =/= Echo Fighters.

Echo Fighters are a new concept that we do not have enough information on to know what rules, if any, exist for them aside from similar movesets.

Though I love Dante, Monster Hunter is a massively popular series, especially in Japan. It can be compared to Minecraft or Fortnite in terms of its popularity there.
I no longer want Ninten in Smash anymore. He is not a real possibility. He looks too much like Ness.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
How are we still not talking about mii costumes?
K. Rool,
Chrom,
Knuckles,
Protoman,
Dunban,
Zero,
Inkling
and Rathalos
were ALL mii costumes and all of them now have respesentation in Ultimate.

Rest In Peace Ashley and Takamaru. I can only hope you are literally just assists brought over and made into characters behind the scenes.

We now have no confirmation on
Majora’s Mask,
Geno,
Lloyd Irving,
Heihachi,
Isabelle,
K.K. Slider,
Gil,
Tails,
Hunter,
Viridi,
Akira,
Jacky,
And Black Knight
Who were all mii costumes as well.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
...why don't they just make Ninten an alt costume with a different voice actor? They literally did that Alph and the Bowser Jr. Costumes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How are we still not talking about mii costumes?
K. Rool,
Chrom,
Knuckles,
Protoman,
Dunban,
Zero,
Inkling
and Rathalos
were ALL mii costumes and all of them now have respesentation in Ultimate.

Rest In Peace Ashley and Takamaru. I can only hope you are literally just assists brought over and made into characters behind the scenes.

We now have no confirmation on
Majora’s Mask,
Geno,
Lloyd Irving,
Heihachi,
Isabelle,
K.K. Slider,
Gil,
Tails,
Hunter,
Viridi,
Akira,
Jacky,
And Black Knight
Who were all mii costumes as well.
I use to base predictions off Mii costumes. It didn't work out for me.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I keep saying nobody actually loved the gameplay of Subspace. It was a worse Adventure mode, but with bosses (which were the best thing about it gameplay wise). What people ACTUALLY want are cutscenes. We can have a mode that's exactly like Subspace but plays better, bosses and all, but if there's no cutscenes people will complain, because that's what people really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom