• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Dark Pit and Lucina the only Echo Fighters who didn't get their own standalone videos?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are Dark Pit and Lucina the only Echo Fighters who didn't get their own standalone videos?
Richter didn't get a standalone video either (like Lucina, he was shown off along with another character from his franchise), and the Smash website doesn't seem to consider what Chrom, Dark Samus, and Daisy got to be standalone videos in the same sense as what the other newcomers got.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Yeah that's what i thought too. The guy now is saying the Skull kid render he saw from the menu where he saw shadow, is indeed not the same as the fake ones we've been seeing. So who knows…
I wouldn't really amount it to much. It can't be proven fake, at least for the moment, but that doesn't really give it that much over your typical character leak. There's a lot of circumstances you have to go through to even take a picture of a supposed roster that is being kept under ropes.
I'm pretty sure they got their own trailers.

So yesterday I had been thinking a bit. What if the Guardian Scout III were to end up appearing as a boss in Spirits, or whatever mode the bosses end up appearing in? I think it could be very interesting. What do you guys think?
I'd be all for it. There's a lot of interesting concepts for boss fights that could be used in the Spirits mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does your "source" go by the name of "Tougon's Brain"?

Oh, no, wait. "Tougon's Brain" would be saying Homura.
No, I've been tipped off by an anonymous playtester that Ayumi, Incineroar, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, and Ken are all in. The same guy was saying Richter would be a clone of Simon a month ago. I just didn't mention it because I thought he was joking. I swear this is real and I'm not lying just for some internet points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Namco Content Wish List.

Playable: Heihachi Mishima
Echo: Devil Jin (Likely impractical although they both use the Mishima style)

Ms. Pac-Man as an Alph Alt for Pac-Man

Assist Trophies: Lloyd, Klonoa

Bosses: Yoshimitsu, Nightmare
Playable: Lloyd Irving and Heihachi
No echoes for either
Ms. Pac-Man as an Alph style alt for :ultpacman:
Assist Trophy: KOS-MOS, Sheena from ToS
Bosses: Skeith from the .hack original PS2 games

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
No, I've been tipped off by an anonymous playtester that Ayumi, Incineroar, Geno, Isabelle, Shadow, and Ken are all in. The same guy was saying Richter would be a clone of Simon a month ago. I just didn't mention it because I thought he was joking. I swear this is real and I'm not lying just for some internet points.
My skeptic glasses are on very, very tight, but I would personally love to see Ayumi appear. We'll see what happens, I suppose.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's patently false.

Doki Doki Panic, as far as I'm aware, has never been rereleased. Meanwhile, Super Mario Bros 2 (Super Mario Bros USA in Japan) has, and is much more well known. Doki Doki Panic isn't even popular in Japan.
If anything, that makes him the perfect "Sakurai WTF" candidate because barely anyone asked for him, let alone negotiate the rights for.

I remember the PSASBR era Capcom.

It's all very well trying to reboot a series but why go to the extra effort of alienating a divided fanbase by deliberately prevening Nu Dante from having an old Dante alt?
They really thought we'd pay for him without his jacket?
I still blame Inafune's Western dev encouragement influence for this.

If all of this is true, you might want to lay low from Nintendo Internet ninjas for a bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH, I've been a lot more positive about Shadow's chances than Isabelle's lately.

While I do still think Isabelle has a good chance for the same reason Shadow does, I think Shadow's circumstances are definitely more fishy than Isabelle's. Isabelle could still be an AT along with Kapp'n, but if Shadow was an AT, why not show him in the last Direct? They had a chance to showcase a new Sonic AT, but specifically chose to show Knuckles again. I dunno, I could be reading into things, but it just seems odd. I'm gonna be pretty floored if Shadow gets shown off as AT again at this point.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
TBH, I've been a lot more positive about Shadow's chances than Isabelle's lately.

While I do still think Isabelle has a good chance for the same reason Shadow does, I think Shadow's circumstances are definitely more fishy than Isabelle's. Isabelle could still be an AT along with Kapp'n, but if Shadow was an AT, why not show him in the last Direct? They had a chance to showcase a new Sonic AT, but specifically chose to show Knuckles again. I dunno, I could be reading into things, but it just seems odd. I'm gonna be pretty floored if Shadow gets shown off as AT again at this point.
They only showed new ATs during that segment, with Gray Fox being a returning one that didn’t come since Brawl after Snake’s disappearance.

There are still like 19 ATs that still need to be shown.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of leaks has the one that RelaxAlax brought up been debunked?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'll play ball. Did he say that was the final roster? That would be 3 newcomers and 3 echoes (I assume the last 3 are Echoes).

Which one?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They only showed new ATs during that segment, with Gray Fox being a returning one that didn’t come since Brawl after Snake’s disappearance.

There are still like 19 ATs that still need to be shown.
Yeah, there's still plenty of ATs to be shown off.

No character is ever necessarily a lock (okay, Inkling was, but that's kind of a special case), so I'm excited to see what happens. I'm putting my bets on Shadow, Isabelle and Geno, but there's a very real possibility I could be completely wrong, lol. Gonna have to wait and see what happens, and thankfully we don't have too much longer to wait.

...On that note, gosh, how is this game only 3 months away? The March announcement still feels like it wasn't that long ago.

ImajinForSmash

Smash Rookie
Opossum Opossum

Dang it! I remember reading that Doki Doki Panic was popular in Japan although now I’m thinking about it I kinda question the verifiably of the article I read. Well there goes my devils advocate. There really is no hope of him ever getting into Smash. Is there a way to change your account name on this forum? If you haven’t noticed, I am new here and I would appreciate if you could show me the ropes.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What’s this one?

Also memeber when I ran the frogger get supporter thread?
This one where he has apparently found a person who's "speculation" has been apparently spot on so far.

Here's the link but I'm not embedding it because the characters on the tumbnail are the apparently unrevealed ones and I don't ant to encourage spoilers like that. Even if it's another elaborate """""prank""""" I don't wanna condone that.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder if any leaks related to Gamescom have popped up lately lmao

Also I just got a notification saying Smashboards will be unavailable for a set period as of 2 PM EST. just hope it won’t take too long

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

Dang it! I remember reading that Doki Doki Panic was popular in Japan although now I’m thinking about it I kinda question the verifiably of the article I read. Well there goes my devils advocate. There really is no hope of him ever getting into Smash. Is there a way to change your account name on this forum? If you haven’t noticed, I am new here and I would appreciate if you could show me the ropes.
In order to change your username, you need to buy Premium.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
You could also abandon your current account and make a new one, though admittedly that's a pretty hefty price if you've been here for any decent amount of time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Woah, anyone else get a pop-up at the bottom saying Smash Boards will be unavailable?

What's 11:00 AM PDT in BST?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I had the strangest dream. There was a new Smash direct, and they talked about Echo fighters and revealed Shadow, but at the same time Sakurai said Shadow only appeared in team battles which left me confused. I kept posting on Smashboards if Shadow was actually playable or some gimmick and nobody would give me a straight answer and ignore me.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I had the strangest dream. There was a new Smash direct, and they talked about Echo fighters and revealed Shadow, but at the same time Sakurai said Shadow only appeared in team battles which left me confused. I kept posting on Smashboards if Shadow was actually playable or some gimmick and nobody would give me a straight answer and ignore me.
Cut out the first half and I'd say that's not too far from reality. Heh.

D

Deleted member

You could also abandon your current account and make a new one, though admittedly that's a pretty hefty price if you've been here for any decent amount of time.
That's going a bit too far, but you are giving me an idea...

Noipoi

Howdy!
What are you crazy kids talking about now, more leaks?
Is verg trustworthy? Is is safe to bet on Incineroar, Isabelle, and Ken?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok, here's a random last minutes topic.

Yarn Yoshi as an Echo, do you think it'll happen?

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I mean it's kinda hard to debunk someone who's basically just guessing stuff and gets it right.
Yeah, there's still plenty of ATs to be shown off.

No character is ever necessarily a lock (okay, Inkling was, but that's kind of a special case), so I'm excited to see what happens. I'm putting my bets on Shadow, Isabelle and Geno, but there's a very real possibility I could be completely wrong, lol. Gonna have to wait and see what happens, and thankfully we don't have too much longer to wait.

...On that note, gosh, how is this game only 3 months away? The March announcement still feels like it wasn't that long ago.
I believe there's gonna be 50+ right? Way more than the past Smash games so yeah there's still stuff yet to be seen. I think Shadow is pretty likely but I don't want to say that's he's guaranteed and yeah, it's crazy how much little left we have. And there's still a good bit of stuff about the game we don't know yet.

D

Deleted member

What are you crazy kids talking about now, more leaks?
Is verg trustworthy? Is is safe to bet on Incineroar, Isabelle, and Ken?
My sources say some of his info is correct, but he's definitely being fed lies from one of his sources.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, why is Smashboards shutting down?
It’s just for maintenance, probably to apply a long term solution to the sporadic sluggish slowness we’ve been experiencing the last few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom