• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Anyone think that we are going to get more than 10 total echo fighters? I have a feeling they are going to put more echo fighters in this game than we expect.
I'm trying to set my expectations low and say we'll get four more new echo fighters and two new unique fighters

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think we're getting 4 more echoes and 4 more Newcomers for a total of 16 new characters. It'd be cool.
I honestly think we have more echoes then newcomers left to announce. If 4 newcomers are left, I could see 8 echoes.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have that feeling too.

So far, in addition to Lucina and Dark Pit, we have Daisy, Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus.

There's a lot of potential for characters that maybe just didn't have Smash 4 "entirely new mechanics for nearly every character" move potential to get in. Especially with Evil/Dark counterparts being a thing.
Speaking of which, is Link's Dark Link alt already in the game?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think we're getting 4 more echoes and 4 more Newcomers for a total of 16 new characters. It'd be cool.

Why would they put a new Eeveelution in the game where Eevee can't evolve?
Why would they have a game where a Pokemon who's gimmick is evolving can't evolve?
Game Freak is harder to figure out than Sakurai at times.
(side note: Wild Eevees in said games can evolve, just not your starter)

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking that it's either a Direct Mini just before Gamescom or another Nindies showcase (Shantae/Quote Reveal?).
A Nindies showcase for Gamescom seems pretty likely to me. Don't they usually do one there?

As for Pokemon...Yeah, don't get your hopes up for Gen 8 news until March or something of next year. Game Freak is in full marketing mode for Let's Go; they ain't doin' squat with Gen 8 until those games are out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of which, is Link's Dark Link alt already in the game?
Yeah, along with Young Link's and I think Toon Link.

Though it's a Dark Link Colored tunic of the wild and not the full Ocarina gettup that you can actually unlock in Breath of the Wild.

ImajinForSmash

Smash Rookie
DevaAshera DevaAshera

Wait, you’re telling me Miyamoto didn’t design Imajin and all the characters from Doki Doki Panic?

Kuon Kuon

They brought in Richter whose from Rondo of Blood which also isn’t a very well-known game. Also, although he isn’t well-known in the states, he is well-known in Japan although this may have to do with Yume Kōjō itself and less with Doki Doki Panic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea: Maybe if you have Smash and Let's Go on the same System you unlock Smash Pikachu's alt costumes for LG Pikachu and Jigglypuff's for Eevee.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DevaAshera DevaAshera

Wait, you’re telling me Miyamoto didn’t design Imajin and all the characters from Doki Doki Panic?

Kuon Kuon

They brought in Richter whose from Rondo of Blood which also isn’t a very well-known game. Also, although he isn’t well-known in the states, he is well-known in Japan although this may have to do with Yume Kōjō itself and less with Doki Doki Panic.
None of the Dream Family are Nintendo IP's

All the enemies ARE, however.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Doki Doki Panic, I wonder what Birdo's chances are ATM. Sure we've seen Pixel Birdo back again but it's not like you could get it mixed up with in game models.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Maybe the total number of echo fighters will be double the total number of new unique fighters. I mean right now we have the same number of new unique fighters as new echo fighters, but if they add, say, two more new unique fighters before the game comes out, they could add eight more echo fighters, which would make the total number: six unique fighters and twelve echo fighters. I doubt we'll get that many though.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Meant to touch on this yesterday with the toxic communities thing yesterday, but forgot to. The Pokemon community doesn't really have too many issues. I think the only real divide that's apparent is people hating on Smogon, because their favorite Mons may not be seen in a favorable light.
What about those who think every gen is uninspired and boring except for gen 1?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Doki Doki Panic, I wonder what Birdo's chances are ATM. Sure we've seen Pixel Birdo back again but it's not like you could get it mixed up with in game models.
Yoshi echo with Egg Lay replaced with a move based on K. Rool's Blunderbuss? :p

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm at least expecting a character reveal at Gamescom, after all, Lola Pop was revealed at Gamescom, so a reveal trailer at Gamescom is a possibility.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
You know what would be really cool?

If holding down a secret button combination while picking Corneria would turn it into Sector Z, and holding down the same one on Brinstar turned it into Planet Zebes. That way, all N64 stages could return without having any essentially-duplicates. Who's with me?

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the total number of echo fighters will be double the total number of new unique fighters. I mean right now we have the same number of new unique fighters as new echo fighters, but if they add, say, two more new unique fighters before the game comes out, they could add eight more echo fighters, which would make the total number: six unique fighters and twelve echo fighters. I doubt we'll get that many though.
We're getting a billion Echo's to make up for the lack of complete uniques. Do I have a problem with that? no. Buuuut, It would be better if a large portion of Echo's get overhauled in some sort of patch/free DLC

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be really cool?

If holding down a secret button combination while picking Corneria would turn it into Sector Z, and holding down the same one on Brinstar turned it into Planet Zebes. That way, all N64 stages could return without having any essentially-duplicates. Who's with me?
If you are going to model the stages, you might as well make them regularly selected.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What about those who think every gen is uninspired and boring except for gen 1?
They need to allow people to enjoy other generations without telling them how wrong they are every discussion about a generation that isn't gen one :upsidedown:.
gen 1 is the lamest generation and every gen has been an improvement. If you don't agree then whatever but you don't have to bring it up every. single. time.
Also, bland and uninspired? Come off it. Kanto is the blandest in story, character, region, and Pokemon design. Even Trubbish is better than Muk.
The 90s are over, it's time to move on.

Last edited:

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting 14-5 on-disc newcomers total, with 7 all new and the rest echoes. Then another ballot, and 5 more characters as DLC, probably all of them unique.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah, along with Young Link's and I think Toon Link.

Though it's a Dark Link Colored tunic of the wild and not the full Ocarina gettup that you can actually unlock in Breath of the Wild.
So it's not like the Dark Link alt in Brawl?

Iridium

Smash Hero
"Rey Dedede"
"King K.Rool"
This confirms that "King" is an actual part of K.Rool's name and not a title, otherwise it would have been translated too. Secret DKC Lore.
Pretty interesting translations. My favorite overall translation would definitely be "Rondoudou" (not Spanish).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For all we know, Birdo might be this game's WTF in terms of expected Mario characters.

https://www.smashbros.com/es_ES/fighter/index.html

:ultbowserjr:= Bowsy. Are people going to stick to that or no?
>two different terms for "Dark" are used for Dark Pit and Dark Samus
>Rosalina's name is completely different
>Luchador Mii

This amuses me more than it should. Though I wonder if they tried to give their Miis luchador mask faces.

Pretty interesting translations. My favorite overall translation would definitely be "Rondoudou" (not Spanish).
Being fluent in French, Roi Dadidou is my personal favorite.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's kind of sad. Pokemon Firered is what got me into the Pokemon craze as a kid, and it's still pretty much my favorite franchise to this day even if I don't play it competitively anymore. Yet somehow Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee isn't exciting to me at all. It's an HD pokemon game that let's partner pokemon follow you, brings along a predecessor to the pokewalker, and let's you ride around the map screen on the back of a freaking Charizard or Onix. Yet all the other changes they're making to the game are just too off putting to me. Ivysaur's and Squirtle's return in Ultimate alone is just far more exciting to me. And with Let's Go releasing so close to December anyway, I think this might be the first mainline game I skip out on in a really long time.

Anyway, on the topic of echoes...all of them have been fan favorite picks so far. I don't think Sakurai is going to shoehorn in every random echo he can think of just so he can say the roster is bigger, especially when he's not even treating them like fully separate characters. I think he's going to stick with characters people actually wanted and keep it at that. The real questions are how willing he is to modify an echo so that they make sense, and how popular they have to be in order to justify one.
lol sense when could you ever catch a Charizard in any Pokémon game?
Well I wasn't being literal, you know what I meant. Although Charmeleon could be caught in Gen 6's friend safari, and you can catch a Charmander with gen 7's island scan.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The supposed genwunner is actually quite the rarity nowadays. I don't think I've ran into a legitimate one in my 11 years on that site.
Yeah, they're rare. But every once in awhile you encounter one again and you remember why they were so notorius in the first place...

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's true. The parallels are uncanny.

Sonic is Goku, obviously (Main Character)
Tails is a combination of Krillin and Bulma (best friend and smartest ally).
Knuckles is Piccolo (loner who has a deep connection to the 7 Macguffins, started as an antagonist but quickly switched sides).
Shadow is Vegeta (main characters' equal who also started as an antagonist, and even after switching sides spends a long time as an uneasy rival)
Silver is Trunks (warrior from the future whose time travel shenanigans cause just as many problems as they solve)

I choose to believe they had something in mind with Ho-Oh, just because, like Mewtwo, it was initially the only Legendary (not including the lesser Legendaries, naturally) in Pokémon 2's half of the Pokédex, and they chose that one to hint at there being more Pokémon.
Which one is Blaze, Amy, and Rouge? LOL

I can see Amy being the Chi-Chi of the series minus her marriage to Goku
Blaze I think would be the new SS girl
Rouge is 18 because she can kick legit ass

You know guys, we've yet to see Diddy's Final Smash. I do wonder if he and Dixie are going to share the same Final Smash with a guitar?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's kind of sad. Pokemon Firered is what got me into the Pokemon craze as a kid, and it's still pretty much my favorite franchise to this day even if I don't play it competitively anymore. Yet somehow Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee isn't exciting to me at all. It's an HD pokemon game that let's partner pokemon follow you, brings along a predecessor to the pokewalker, and let's you ride around the map screen on the back of a freaking Charizard or Onix. Yet all the other changes they're making to the game are just too off putting to me. Ivysaur's and Squirtle's return in Ultimate alone is just far more exciting to me. And with Let's Go releasing so close to December anyway, I think this might be the first mainline game I skip out on in a really long time.

Anyway, on the topic of echoes...all of them have been fan favorite picks so far. I don't think Sakurai is going to shoehorn in every random echo he can think of just so he can say the roster is bigger, especially when he's not even treating them like fully separate characters. I think he's going to stick with characters people actually wanted and keep it at that. The real questions are how willing he is to modify an echo so that they make sense, and how popular they have to be in order to justify one.
Well I wasn't being literal, you know what I meant. Although Charmeleon could be caught in Gen 6's friend safari, and you can catch a Charmander with gen 7's island scan.
Oh yeah I know you didn't mean it like that, but I'm saying what if they actually think that you actually can catch a Charizard in the games

Noipoi

Howdy!
"BUT WHY WOULD WE MAKE A GOOD GAME WHEN WE COULD GET THAT SWEET, SWEET POKEMON GO MONEY???"-Gamefreak 2018
I'm only getting it for that new Pokemon, and i'm not gonna enjoy it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Which one is Blaze, Amy, and Rouge? LOL

I can see Amy being the Chi-Chi of the series minus her marriage to Goku
Blaze I think would be the new SS girl
Rouge is 18 because she can kick legit ***

You know guys, we've yet to see Diddy's Final Smash. I do wonder if he and Dixie are going to share the same Final Smash with a guitar?

Those actually sound spot on. But I have one question. I don't keep up with Dragon Ball. Who is the SS girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom