• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Final Smash is this:

The full attack. I will accept nothing else.
The most faithful Homura final smash would be
restarting the match without actually gaining any real advantage
Anything else is wrong

D

Deleted member

The most faithful Homura final smash would be
restarting the match without actually gaining any real advantage
Anything else is wrong
Considering she proceeds to lose afterward, she'll do the attack and then restart the match.

D

Deleted member

There's an empty slot on the Japanese Nintendo Direct page
View attachment 158500
So i guess we can expect another direct sometime soon?
It truly is speculation period again when people are looking for empty spots on the Direct page.
But we already have :ultkrool:, we don't need Savvy Stylist.:troll:
You think I'm ****ing around but 80% of the roster has terrible fashion sense and it infuriates me. And K.Rool is the worst offender and he should be arrested for thinking GOLDEN BELLY ARMOR is something you should wear proudly.

Enchess

Smash Lord
It truly is speculation period again when people are looking for empty spots on the Direct page.

You think I'm ****ing around but 80% of the roster has terrible fashion sense and it infuriates me. And K.Rool is the worst offender and he should be arrested for thinking GOLDEN BELLY ARMOR is something you should wear proudly.
:ultkrool: is just Style Savvy rep in a full body suit getting ahead of the next fashion craze that'll be sweeping the nation. Scaly skin, gold bellies, and crowns will be in next fall.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been thinking, all the Gen 7 Pokemon we've seen as Pokeballs thus far have all been Pokemon that were heavy in the advertising of Sun & Moon. I wonder how early they were decided.

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
I'm pretty sure that's not golden belly armor and more his belly just being naturally shiny in order to reflect (heh) his original appearance on the SNES due to color limitations involving his crown.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
K Rool has some of the best fashion sense out there...ain’t got nothing on Pimp Daddy Bowser though
I'm pretty sure that's not golden belly armor and more his belly just being naturally shiny in order to reflect (heh) his original appearance on the SNES due to color limitations involving his crown.
It was armor back in the day (and is armor in Smash Ultimate)

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been thinking, all the Gen 7 Pokemon we've seen as Pokeballs thus far have all been Pokemon that were heavy in the advertising of Sun & Moon. I wonder how early they were decided.
They probably took a gamble on who would be popular enough to be a fighter, and who would be better as a pokeball summon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you hate the other Stand pronounciations?
Nah I just hate it when Engrish gets meme'd a lot. Basic animeonly **** just like "oh no" or "oh my god" sounds like what they're supposed to say at least so it doesn't bother me. It's a weird tick.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you hate the other Stand pronounciations?
I learned today that the Stand "Notorious B.I.G." is actually pronounced "Notorious Big".

I was like "ok..."
Nah I just hate it when Engrish gets meme'd a lot. Basic animeonly **** is just like "oh no" or "oh my god", and hey that sounds like what they're supposed to say at least so it doesn't bother me. It's a weird tick.

オーマイゴード!!!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't like Joseph.
HEATHEN!!!

For you to blaspheme against the longest lived Joestar, I shall...

...do nothing, because I don't actually care. Joseph isn't even my favorite Joestar.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
HEATHEN!!!

For you to blaspheme against the longest lived Joestar, I shall...

...do nothing, because I don't actually care.
It's pretty funny that he was still alive even after the whole y'know, thing. I think he was kicking at 91 before Part 7.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic and King K Rool have the best artwork poses for Ultimate

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's pretty funny that he was still alive even after the whole y'know, thing. I think he was kicking at 91 before Part 7.
It took me years to finally understand what the hell happened at the end of Stone Ocean, possibly due to bad translations.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It took me years to finally understand what the hell happened at the end of Stone Ocean, possibly due to bad translations.
I don't think it was bad translations, but more just people thinking "oh everyone ****ing died except the kid". The real sufferer of bad translations was Part 5.

How would people feel if we got another FF character in Smash?
Depends on the character. It'll probably be another FFVII character considering that's what Cloud represents. Sephiroth would be cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Any one of them could be a Pokeball summon, though. Pichu could be a Pokeball summon.
But Pichu's a veteran and the big selling point of this game in particular is "Everyone is here!", it wouldn't make sense to make Pichu a pokeball summon.
In the case of a Gen 7 Pokemon however, Mimikyu is very popular but it isn't a fighter so clearly whatever Gen 7 Pokemon they may choose isn't entirely based on popularity. It might be another Greninja situation.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't think it was bad translations, but more just people thinking "oh everyone ****ing died except the kid". The real sufferer of bad translations was Part 5.

Depends on the character. It'll probably be another FFVII character considering that's what Cloud represents. Sephiroth would be cool.
Everything you said here is true.
I came to appreciate the Stone Ocean ending when I finally had it explained to me that the Irene timeline is just the same old timeline just without Pucci in it, names are changed presumably due to Butterfly Effect or something.

Before that I really didn't like the ending, for the exact reason you stated.

Last edited:

ImajinForSmash

Smash Rookie
What about the viability of Imajin getting into Smash? He was designed by Miyamoto for Doki Doki Panic and Yume Kōjō but he appeared on TV and had his own anime. Is it possible for him to be a part of Smash despite being a multimedia character?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I came to appreciate the Stone Ocean ending when I finally had it explained to me that the Irene timeline is just the same old timeline just without Pucci in it, names are changed presumably due to Butterfly Effect or something.

After all this time, I found a new appreciation of that part.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

The Irene timeline obviously wasn't the SBR timeline. If you read JoJolion, it wouldn't make sense because Stone Ocean and JoJolion both take place in 2011, and the only real Joestar still around is Holy, Kyo, and Josuke. Unless Kira suddenly had a kid at age 9 there isn't a chance Irene could exist in that timeline.

Part 6 had a lot of issues and wasted ideas but at least it put the series to rest. for about 3 years.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You guys think there's a chance at all that we'll see Daisy's tennis outfit as an alt? Probably not since Peach didn't have hers in Smash 4, right?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How would people feel if we got another FF character in Smash?
Wouldn’t care due to not playing a Final Fantasy
If we get Tifa? I'll be very, very happy.

Anyone else? "Oh cool!"
As long as she looks less boring than Cloud alt wise and keeps the beauty...alright
You guys think there's a chance at all that we'll see Daisy's tennis outfit as an alt? Probably not since Peach didn't have hers in Smash 4, right?View attachment 158505
We won’t...but I really want those two and Rosalina to have sports gear as alt (and cosmic for the latter)

KMDP

Smash Legend
After all this time, I found a new appreciation of that part.
Interesting what actually having context can do, huh? :laugh:
The Irene timeline obviously wasn't the SBR timeline. If you read JoJolion, it wouldn't make sense because Stone Ocean and JoJolion both take place in 2011, and the only real Joestar still around is Holy, Kyo, and Josuke. Unless Kira suddenly had a kid at age 9 there isn't a chance Irene could exist in that timeline.

Part 6 had a lot of issues and wasted ideas but at least it put the series to rest. for about 3 years.
I know SBR isn't a part of the old timeline or the Irene timeline. What I meant is that the "Ireneverse" is just everything that happened in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure up to Stone Ocean, which never happened because Pucci never existed.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What about the viability of Imajin getting into Smash? He was designed by Miyamoto for Doki Doki Panic and Yume Kōjō but he appeared on TV and had his own anime. Is it possible for him to be a part of Smash despite being a multimedia character?
I doubt it. That game's not known well enough outside of Japan, which I think is why Takamaru didn't get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom