• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
How would people feel if we got another FF character in Smash?
I'm in the camp that thinks a character from 1/4/6 would be most appropriate, bc Black Mage/Cecil/Terra/etc have more of a history with Nintendo. I'd love any of those three. I don't see it happening, though - probably the best FF can hope for here is a Chocobo, Moogle, or Sephiroth as an Assist.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Tried posting this on 4chan's /v/ board to little fanfare/acknowledgement (probably for a reason, was kind of f***ing around in the OP), but I have information likely to be real for the new game. I'll just copypaste what I had posted there:

- Geno, Skull Kid, and Silvally are the only fully new characters yet to be announced
- Geno moves around like a f***ing demon, like some exorcist s***. Nothing like what you would expect from fanart circa 2007
- Skull Kid is similarly terrifying, FS is nuts (he transforms, throws hands, and then drops the f***ing moon on you)
- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy
- Echoes are Hilda, Shadow, Isabelle, Medusa
- Teased mode is a quasi-Story mode that doubles as a retrospective on previous titles, I know it's speculated to be called Spirits but I genuinely have no clue what it's actually called
Nonsense, sheer nonsense. This is too far fetched people just go on 4 chan and type whatever they want and for some reason people spread it around like it's from a legitimate leaker with legit sources.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Interesting what actually having context can do, huh? :laugh:

I know SBR isn't a part of the old timeline or the Irene timeline. What I meant is that the "Ireneverse" is just everything that happened in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure up to Stone Ocean, which never happened because Pucci never existed.
It's actually more like up to Stardust Crusaders, because after Part 3, Jotaro doesn't have to do as much extensive searching for the remainder of DIO's baddies and doesn't have to be a bad parent to Jolyne.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It could happen, more characters are getting costumes now. I wouldn't bet on it though.
Also is it just me, or is Daisy pretty thicc in Mario Tennis Aces?
Extra thicc. I think she's cuter than Peach

osby

Smash Obsessed
It could happen, more characters are getting costumes now. I wouldn't bet on it though.
Also is it just me, or is Daisy pretty thicc in Mario Tennis Aces?
Doesn't Daisy uses her skirt in her down smash?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Wouldn’t care due to not playing a Final Fantasy

As long as she looks less boring than Cloud alt wise and keeps the beauty...alright

We won’t...but I really want those two and Rosalina to have sports gear as alt (and cosmic for the latter)
I'd love to see those costumes too

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sonic and King K Rool have the best artwork poses for Ultimate
I love everyone's poses. They're so dynamic for the most part and show off a ton of personality. If you have like half an hour to kill, watch one of those videos that compares how they've evolved over the years. It's crazy how this series continues to impress game after game because, while the character models for Melee and Brawl have aged terribly, I remember how much people flailed their arms about over them when they first came out because Smash always produces the most detailed and graphically impressive versions of those characters for that generation.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's actually more like up to Stardust Crusaders, because after Part 3, Jotaro doesn't have to do as much extensive searching for the remainder of DIO's baddies and doesn't have to be a bad parent to Jolyne.
Oh, yeah, right.
Jotaro probably still went to Morioh, because "Gravity".

Well, thinking about it, he would have gone to Morioh anyway because he actually needed to meet Josuke for reasons unrelated to DIO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh, yeah, right.
Jotaro probably still went to Morioh, because "Gravity".

Well, thinking about it, he would have gone to Morioh anyway because he actually needed to meet Josuke for reasons unrelated to DIO.
Nothing changes much in 4/5, Jotaro's just a better dad overall.
I think Jotaro's a really bad character in 3 but then 4 through 6 comes out and he's just suddenly #1 Dad even if he's terrible at raising kids.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Skirt of her dress?

Or it isn't called like that in English.
Generally (well, colloquially), a "Skirt" goes around or above the knees, a "Dress" is about ankle length.
Nothing changes much in 4/5, Jotaro's just a better dad overall.
I think Jotaro's a really bad character in 3 but then 4 through 6 comes out and he's just suddenly #1 Dad even if he's terrible at raising kids.
Jotaro's #1 Dad mug is well-earned.

If anyone tells you he bought it for himself, they're lying.
---
Anyway. I've got to go.

Hope you guys don't go too insane while I'm gone.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I love everyone's poses. They're so dynamic for the most part and show off a ton of personality. If you have like half an hour to kill, watch one of those videos that compares how they've evolved over the years. It's crazy how this series continues to impress game after game because, while the character models for Melee and Brawl have aged terribly, I remember how much people flailed their arms about over them when they first came out because Smash always produces the most detailed and graphically impressive versions of those characters for that generation.
I still can't believe how much better Palutena's pose, even though she's still just standing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doki Doki Literature Club Panic has a ton of legal hurdles. If I remember correctly, the game started as a licensed Japanese game to promote a tv station, and the ad campaign was a flop. So never mind "likely," Imajin probably isn't even eligible.
Where are all the Ross from Friends requests? He knows karate. He's appeared in video games even ("not that that's a requirement"-Smash community). Friend's has obsurd popularity (it's on practically 24/7 and as I was shocked to learn both traveling and talking to people from other countries, not just in America)
Sorry, but Ross is, sadly, ineligible. The removal of perfect pivoting made it so he couldn't get the couch out of the doorway. Now, you might say "the couch can be resized," but at that point, is it even an accurate representation of Friends anymore?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given Reggie showed up to a separate Diablo III reveal, I'm not sure there's a Nintendo Direct lined up for a while.

Though it is nice to see Twilight Ganondorf is still getting some business after Ocarina-dorf took back the Smash role.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Going back into the anime stuff, I actually want a few pieces from Nintendo-made anime to get remixed for the game in some form. Definitely impossible, but I want that 4Kids Kirby banger. and also meaning of truth but whatever

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Going back into the anime stuff, I actually want a few pieces from Nintendo-made anime to get remixed for the game in some form. Definitely impossible, but I want that 4Kids Kirby banger. and also meaning of truth but whatever
Or a Falcon punch that destroys the universe?

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
The Peach/Daisy fighting style is dependent on the dress so sadly we won't see the sports outfit. Rosalina's kind of in a similar situation.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Given Reggie showed up to a separate Diablo III reveal, I'm not sure there's a Nintendo Direct lined up for a while.

Though it is nice to see Twilight Ganondorf is still getting some business after Ocarina-dorf took back the Smash role.
Maybe it'll be a Nintendo Direct Mini?

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Meant to touch on this yesterday with the toxic communities thing yesterday, but forgot to. The Pokemon community doesn't really have too many issues. I think the only real divide that's apparent is people hating on Smogon, because their favorite Mons may not be seen in a favorable light.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The next Direct will probably be mid September unless Sakurai decides to do a random stream ala Lucina/Robin for the hell of it. The online service launches late September and there have been way too many low key announcements for the Switch for them to put off a Direct too much longer.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Meant to touch on this yesterday with the toxic communities thing yesterday, but forgot to. The Pokemon community doesn't really have too many issues. I think the only real divide that's apparent is people hating on Smogon, because their favorite Mons may not be seen in a favorable light.
There's also genwunners, but I haven't really seen that many ever since the days of generation 5. I think they were just cranky that you couldn't catch Pikachu and Charizard in B/W without transferring them over.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Exactly what reason do we have to think the Silvally leak is real? And this is coming from someone who would be Super happy to got Silvally.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea, a Pokemon Direct with info on Let's Go is shown and ends with showing off the new Pokemon in Smash Ultimate.

And then the Pokemon fanbase hates it because they thought it would be showing off Gen 8.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
There's also genwunners, but I haven't really seen that many ever since the days of generation 5. I think they were just cranky that you couldn't catch Pikachu and Charizard in B/W without transferring them over.
lol sense when could you ever catch a Charizard in any Pokémon game?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Random idea, a Pokemon Direct with info on Let's Go is shown and ends with showing off the new Pokemon in Smash Ultimate.

And then the Pokemon fanbase hates it because they thought it would be showing off Gen 8.
Not me mate, I know how Gamefreak works. We're not gonna see a single glimpse of Gen 8 until February 2019 at least.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

We as Pokémon fans just need to give up on getting Gen 8 news until next year

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the only Gen 8 thing we'll see is that teased new Pokemon but we'll not get anything on the game itself until next year

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think the only Gen 8 thing we'll see is that teased new Pokemon but we'll not get anything on the game itself until next year
They're not gonna reveal that new Pokémon. I bet they'll keep it a secret until after the games come out

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that it's either a Direct Mini just before Gamescom or another Nindies showcase (Shantae/Quote Reveal?).

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
How would people feel if we got another FF character in Smash?
As an original fighter, Terra Branford would be awesome and great representation for old school Final Fantasy.
For an Echo, I'd be more then okay with Zack Fair
What about the viability of Imajin getting into Smash? He was designed by Miyamoto for Doki Doki Panic and Yume Kōjō but he appeared on TV and had his own anime. Is it possible for him to be a part of Smash despite being a multimedia character?
He's not owned by Nintendo, he didn't originate in a video game, and he's not well known. Unlikely at best.
You guys think there's a chance at all that we'll see Daisy's tennis outfit as an alt? Probably not since Peach didn't have hers in Smash 4, right?View attachment 158505
I wish she could, but she and Peach use their dresses in their down smashes.
I'd love to see the first themes for the Pokémon anime in English and Japanese.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which is pretty lame, considering we're not exactly breaking new ground with Pikachu and Eevee.
I guess this is a real time example of "good things come to those who wait."
They're not gonna reveal that new Pokémon. I bet they'll keep it a secret until after the games come out
Nah, that's their big selling point. They know some aren't interested in Pokemon dress-up and Pokemon Go mechanics and will only buy the game just for the new Pokemon (like me unfortunately).
They'll reveal it just before the game releases to try and build hype.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Anyone think that we are going to get more than 10 total echo fighters? I have a feeling they are going to put more echo fighters in this game than we expect.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note: I'm still betting on it being a new Eevee-lution.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone think that we are going to get more than 10 total echo fighters? I have a feeling they are going to put more echo fighters in this game than we expect.
I think we're getting 4 more echoes and 4 more Newcomers for a total of 16 new characters. It'd be cool.
Side note: I'm still betting on it being a new Eevee-lution.
Why would they put a new Eeveelution in the game where Eevee can't evolve?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have that feeling too.

So far, in addition to Lucina and Dark Pit, we have Daisy, Richter, Chrom and Dark Samus.

There's a lot of potential for characters that maybe just didn't have Smash 4 "entirely new mechanics for nearly every character" move potential to get in. Especially with Evil/Dark counterparts being a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom