• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
As long as Konami has it's grubby hands on goemon, we'll probably only be able to see....

goemon pachinkos.

Sakurai most definitely said this during a smash 4 direct.
He has a chance. He might be saved. Snake and bomberman were able to avoid it.

D

Deleted member

Proving Mickey Mouse would dominate Goku in a legal battle. MM is OP.
Disney's Dragon Ball Z and its already in production sequels coming soon to theaters. Also coming soon: from the director of The Last Saiyan, Rian Johnson's Dragon Ball Z trilogy. Also coming soon: Krillin: A Dragon Ball Story.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Which, according to the fans, can be just about any character
Where are all the Ross from Friends requests? He knows karate. He's appeared in video games even ("not that that's a requirement"-Smash community). Friend's has obsurd popularity (it's on practically 24/7 and as I was shocked to learn both traveling and talking to people from other countries, not just in America)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Also coming soon: from the director of The Last Saiyan, Rian Johnson's Dragon Ball Z trilogy
So they're going to be some of the most divisive Dragon Ball movies in history?

Where are all the Ross from Friends requests? He knows karate. He's appeared in video games even ("not that that's a requirement"-Smash community). Friend's has obsurd popularity (it's on practically 24/7 and as I was shocked to learn both traveling and talking to people from other countries, not just in America)
Joey Tribbiani is more deserving. But a chair and the Eiffel Tower are even more deserving than either of them. Do you know just how insanely iconic the Eiffel Tower is? It has a huge impact on pop-culture and it has video game history.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Hilda might work as an Echo, but I don't think they should add her.

Contrary to popular belief, Echoes are not effortless clones that take 0 hours and 0 minutes to create. You still have to create a unique model with a few different visuals and animations. If Sakurai considered multiple characters as Echoes, there's a good chance he had to trim his selection down and toss aside a few extras. Not to offend her supporters or anything, but I really don't believe Hilda should be prioritized over others. Sakurai would be adding her for the sole purpose of having a Zelda Echo, not because she's iconic or popular among the community.
I avoid negatively talking about a character's inclusion and try to look at how any character could make it in, but Hilda is the most "why bother" prospective inclusion I seen talk about and I'm extremely doubtful of it happening. Yeah it's easily mechanically feasible so she could be an Echo, but there was no sort of demand nor significant popularity for her prior, her inclusion isn't representing anything, and it's not like she has obvious gameplay ideas to make her meaningfully distinctive from Zelda, it would seem like she would be there just for the sake of having an Echo when there's no shortage of popular potential Echoes. But who knows, maybe Sakurai thought of something he thought made an amazing idea for her as an Echo or he has his own bias towards the character.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Coming in the middel of another topic but what music from third parties do you wanna see (hear?) in game?

Sakura's theme from Street Fighter Alpha is one of mine

Anything from The World Ends With You, as well as Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry 5

Enchess

Smash Lord
I avoid negatively talking about a character's inclusion and try to look at how any character could make it in, but Hilda is the most "why bother" prospective inclusion I seen talk about and I'm extremely doubtful of it happening. Yeah it's easily mechanically feasible so she could be an Echo, but there was no sort of demand nor significant popularity for her prior, her inclusion isn't representing anything, and it's not like she has obvious gameplay ideas to make her meaningfully distinctive from Zelda, it would seem like she would be there just for the sake of having an Echo. But who knows, maybe Sakurai thought of something he thought made an amazing idea for her as an Echo or he has his own bias towards the character.
I think it's because we didn't get her as a costume, which is a real big "why NOT bother?" She would've been real easy to implement in that way, especially since Zelda has new costumes anyway there's just no reason not to have snuck in a reference. Fans of LbtW like me were sad to see the missed opportunity, some others have latched onto the hope that Echo will rectify the mistake

KMDP

Smash Legend
As long as Konami has it's grubby hands on goemon, we'll probably only be able to see....

goemon pachinkos.

Sakurai most definitely said this during a smash 4 direct.
Not just Goemon Pachinkos

Ganbare Goemon: Erotic Violence
Made in the FOX Engine

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Let's call up Sakurai right now and tell him the game isn't Ultimate without Ross

Luminario

Smash Lord
Y'know what **** hating on Goku, let's say anime/manga does have a shot. What character (excluding Dragon Ball) would you wanna see if there was some big anime race to the finish? You know it's gotta be my boi

My queen Sailor Moon. A visionary, an icon, paved the way for hundreds of Magical Girl concepts. Truly a star in her own right.
Actually that brings up a good point, where the hell is my Sailor Moon fighting game? y'all get a thousand different Dragon Ball Z fighting games, I wanna **** people up with my Sailor Senshi.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Y'know what **** hating on Goku, let's say anime/manga does have a shot. What character (excluding Dragon Ball) would you wanna see if there was some big anime race to the finish? You know it's gotta be my boi

If we are saying they have a shot, then...

Kirito.gif

YugiAtem.gif

Again, don't want anime/manga characters in the game. But, if I had to add some, then I would go for these two(or three, I guess). Kirito and Yugi/Yami, for those who don't know. A legit anime swordwielder, right?

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Found a a rumor from Gamefaqs:

Tried posting this on 4chan's /v/ board to little fanfare/acknowledgement (probably for a reason, was kind of ****ing around in the OP), but I have information likely to be real for the new game. I'll just copypaste what I had posted there:

- Geno, Skull Kid, and Silvally are the only fully new characters yet to be announced
- Geno moves around like a ****ing demon, like some exorcist ****. Nothing like what you would expect from fanart circa 2007
- Skull Kid is similarly terrifying, FS is nuts (he transforms, throws hands, and then drops the ****ing moon on you)
- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy
- Echoes are Hilda, Shadow, Isabelle, Medusa
- Teased mode is a quasi-Story mode that doubles as a retrospective on previous titles, I know it's speculated to be called Spirits but I genuinely have no clue what it's actually called

My source is a guy on Discord who claims to have had an in with some knowledgeable Project M modding people. There's also pictures floating around which I'm hesitant to post for obvious reasons, but will likely crop up in the next few weeks through someone other than myself

Leak thread, brand new account, etc. Ban bait but whatever, do your worst (also make sure to screencap)

Appearently someone found an image:
https://m.imgur.com/k1nMJvK

Thoughts? I think it's fake or he's lying where he got the info. I still think it's BS though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neurosis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sir_Waddlesworth
3DS FC
0216-1426-0423
I tried asking Zero on his stream but not even he knew about the shield triggers. If there’s another demo at Nintendo NYC or when they release the demo on the Eshop, I’ll try to test it. If anyone else can help find an answer that would be awesome.
I've also been hunting around trying to find a definitive answer for the SSBU GCC trigger actuation point question and thought I'd share what I've managed to find out (I considered starting an entire thread for this but it would appear that we just might be the only two people that actually care about it, so whatever).

I asked the people on the CustomGCC Discord about whether my GCC triggers (which I modded to basically behave in the same way that de-sprung triggers would in Brawl) would still be functional in Ultimate. I was told by one person that the Switch reads only digital inputs coming from GCC adapters, and told by another that their non-modded GCC triggers were only recognized by their Switch when they pressed the triggers all the way down to the digital-input point.

Sounds fairly cut-and-dry at this point: only digital inputs from GCCs to the Switch, therefore no recognition of an L/R button press until the trigger is bottomed out.

Weirdly though, my controller's trigger inputs were acknowledged by the Switch when I tested the controller out with the Switch's input monitoring thing. To clarify, I find this weird because, according to one of the people who responded to me on Discord, the mod in question (detailed here: http://bit.ly/2L5T53K) converts what would be a digital input (i.e. the "clicky" part of the trigger press) into an analog input so that it could be recognized by Smash 4. So I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Also, I feel it's worth mentioning that knowing how the Switch itself responds to inputs from a certain controller isn't synonymous with knowing what the game will do with them. For all I know, my supposedly analog triggers may still be completely non-functional in-game even though they appear to be working in the Switch menu system.

Sorry I don't have anything more definitive for you! I hope this helps in some way.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Tried posting this on 4chan's /v/ board to little fanfare/acknowledgement (probably for a reason, was kind of f***ing around in the OP), but I have information likely to be real for the new game. I'll just copypaste what I had posted there:

- Geno, Skull Kid, and Silvally are the only fully new characters yet to be announced
- Geno moves around like a f***ing demon, like some exorcist s***. Nothing like what you would expect from fanart circa 2007
- Skull Kid is similarly terrifying, FS is nuts (he transforms, throws hands, and then drops the f***ing moon on you)
- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy
- Teased mode is a quasi-Story mode that doubles as a retrospective on previous titles, I know it's speculated to be called Spirits but I genuinely have no clue what it's actually called

My source is a guy on Discord who claims to have had an in with some knowledgeable Project M modding people. There's also pictures floating around which I'm hesitant to post for obvious reasons, but will likely crop up in the next few weeks through someone other than myself

Leak thread, brand new account, etc. Ban bait but whatever, do your worst (also make sure to screencap)

Thoughts? I think it's fake or he's lying where he got the info. I still think it's BS though.
What would a Project M dev know about Smash Ultimate?

Enchess

Smash Lord
Fun fact: you can change everybody's words and make everyone agree with you by tapping in the quote in your reply and typing
I didn't know if you didn't know or were joking (darn lack of tone on the internet), but here ya go if you didn't haha

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Tried posting this on 4chan's /v/ board to little fanfare/acknowledgement (probably for a reason, was kind of ****ing around in the OP), but I have information likely to be real for the new game. I'll just copypaste what I had posted there:

- Geno moves around like a ****ing demon, like some exorcist ****. Nothing like what you would expect from fanart circa 2007
- Skull Kid is similarly terrifying, FS is nuts (he transforms, throws hands, and then drops the ****ing moon on you)
- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy

Silvally over Incineroar? gr8 b8 m8 i r8 0/8 all h8

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuyWhoKnowsNothing

Smash Apprentice
Realistic: My hopes and dreams are added to smash as a custom made bottom tier, none of the moves does any damage or knockback, it's super slow, but also a lightweight.
Most realistic where I don't cry: Shadow's an Echo
Slightly less realistic: Tails unique, Shadow Echo
Completely unrealistic, while staying in the realm of possibility: a special "Sonic direct" announces numerous Amiibo's, a port of colours to the switch, as well as announcing unique Tails, AT Eggman, and plans for a patch to upgrade knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow to full characters

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
There's an empty slot on the Japanese Nintendo Direct page
Screenshot 2018-08-18 at 12.50.56 PM.png

So i guess we can expect another direct sometime soon?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I didn't know if you didn't know or were joking (darn kids and their music), but here ya go if you didn't haha
Yeah I had no idea. I mean, I should've known since I quote people all the time, but I never thought of editing people's quotes when quoting them

ErenJager

Smash Champion

Tried posting this on 4chan's /v/ board to little fanfare/acknowledgement (probably for a reason, was kind of f***ing around in the OP), but I have information likely to be real for the new game. I'll just copypaste what I had posted there:

- Geno moves around like a f***ing demon, like some exorcist s***. Nothing like what you would expect from fanart circa 2007
- Skull Kid is similarly terrifying, FS is nuts (he transforms, throws hands, and then drops the f***ing moon on you)
- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy

Clearly fake, doesnt make one mention of Hatsune Miku or Goku (who will obviously be in)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy

Probably fake, but honestly it all sounds pretty cool. Silvially would be a pretty unique and fun choice for a Pokemon rep. That model feels off though.

D

Deleted member

Homura as a Bayonetta clone except Witch Time just ****ing freezes everything
SO! Here's an idea! Imagine Style Savvy gets announced as a newcomer. How do you feel?
Finally someone with good fashion taste in this ****ing game, no one in it knows how to wear some good ****ing clothes and it bothers me
I think it's because we didn't get her as a costume, which is a real big "why NOT bother?" She would've been real easy to implement in that way, especially since Zelda has new costumes anyway there's just no reason not to have snuck in a reference. Fans of LbtW like me were sad to see the missed opportunity, some others have latched onto the hope that Echo will rectify the mistake
Zelda didn't have a Hilda alt in Smash 4 either.
Also, if we do get a ALBW Echo, I feel like Ravio as a Tink Echo would have a better shot. Hilda is really just a Zelda palette swap while Ravio has his own costume to set him apart from the Links, was much better received overall and had an appearance in HW.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

- Silvally is MVC3 Ammy

Well if true that means I called Silvally and Hilda.

But putting bragging rights aside, this seems hecka sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom