• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here's something that surprisingly I haven't seen discussed.

ALTERNATE COLORS.

We've yet to see all of Daisy, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K Rool's alts.
What colors or costumes do you think they'll have?

I could see a black and green Dark Samus, maybe white and blue for juxtaposition. I also think we'll see K Rool alts based on the kremlings, like grey or brown.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So if you were the game director, which series would be overrepped?
For me, Donkey Kong and Pokémon.
Bionic Commando.

Because I would put in at least one character and I'm not sure it even deserves that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait. What appearance are we talking about?

All I know of are DKC, DK64 and that CGI Saturday morning cartoon.
His post-64 appearances are slightly different, fat instead of a plated belly, a pattern at the bottom of his cape and a jewel around his neck. He keeps these traits blended in with his old ones

Also K.Rool puts on and removes the pirate hat when using the Blunderbuss, so that means Kirby logically does the same

Enchess

Smash Lord
Yeah! And then troll the Tekken forums with ridiculous additions like, uh. Geese and The Walking Dead guy.
Ok, I honestly have no idea if Goku fans are trolls, but the comparisons to Walking Dead in Tekken make it seem more so not less. "Video Games" are the theme of Smash just like "Shonen Jump manga" is the theme of Jump Force. Thus having something entirely outside that theme doesn't work.

Tekken doesn't really have a theme. You have robot girls with detachable heads, weird cybernetic skeleton dudes, a literal bear, luchador, etc. There's nothing about a Walking Dead character that in any way violates theme.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He appeared in some GBA or DS games, can't recall which, also on a Wii racing game, and his last appearance being in some Mario Baseball game a decade ago.
WAIT. He was in Mario Sluggers???

TheGoobster

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3334-2994-8794

ALTERNATE COLORS.

We've yet to see all of Daisy, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and K Rool's alts.

I could see a black and green Dark Samus, maybe white and blue for juxtaposition. I also think we'll see K Rool alts based on the kremlings, like grey or brown.
I could honestly see skins being bought at the shop, like for 2 or 3 dollars. Like i'd pay 3 dollars for the Evil luigi skin

RandomAce

Smash Champion
lol you have a weird way of seeing sarcasm as actual rudeness. I suggest you see how some people have been reacting in the last pages before comparing me to them :p I have nothing against goku other than I just don't care, and not caring is not a way of being rude, nor i'm speaking in all caps or insulting about it either.

Also
+ You literally could've said nothing more about it if you don't want to start a flame war about it. Only you took it that way. People give sarcastic comments about stuff like that all the time and no flame war really starts out of it. Don't confuse sarcasm with actual rudeness :) g'night.
Well after being here for just a little less than half a year, there’s a lot of heated debates, I’ll put it safely at that. It’s just a lot of fan opinion and ideas clashing against another.

——————————
Anyways, I think I’m going to go down the road Lampy is taking right now and just sit back and be a simple spectator and only really post about what I want to discuss about.

After the reading the last couple of pages, I can’t say how disappointed I was seeing this thread become a feeble mess more than I have ever seen here. Let’s agree to disagree and luckily let’s continue talking about other stuff.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
To be honest, Incineroar would literally be another Bowser. He's not needed. So many better Pokemon picks than the "popular" one.
Okay, no. Just no. Does Bowser employ heel wrestler tactics? Does he spit in his opponents eyes? Does he hit them with chairs? Does he strike below the belt? Does he lie, cheat and steal just to win? I didn't think so. Incineroar isn't just "big fire guy" he's a HEEL WRESTLER. If you don't like or want the character that's fine, but do some research next time.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ok, I honestly have no idea if Goku fans are trolls, but the comparisons to Walking Dead in Tekken make it seem more so not less. "Video Games" are the theme of Smash just like "Shonen Jump manga" is the theme of Jump Force. This having something entirely outside that theme doesn't work.

Tekken doesn't really have a theme. You have robot girls with detachable heads, weird cybernetic skeleton dudes, a literal bear, luchador, etc. There's nothing about a Walking Dead character that in any way violates theme.
Well, to be clear, I wasn't trying to make them seem equal. I'm not a fan of the prospect of Goku getting in, and I don't even like that Cloud is in the game.

The crossovers in fighting games are just starting to get absurd, and I like bringing up Tekken's weird choices any chance I get.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

ALTERNATE COLORS.

I love the Light suit in Metroid Prime 2, so I hope we get a Dark Samus alt color that tries to mimic it.

I’m hoping Daisy has a yellow and white dress like her old design,

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can I get the sauce on that Gardevoir being before K. Rool thing? I think that's misinterpreted.

I'll make this my final comment on the rumor. I'll only believe the leak once I see a cartridge from the same guy who's claiming to have datamined it. It shouldn't be hard. He datamined it. He was supposedly not spotted taking it away. What's the harm in posting it? That's the one thing that makes me determine its validity from a probability to a possibility.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

ALTERNATE COLORS.

Like how Lucina had the color palette of female characters from Awakening, I can see Chrom doing something similar.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Well, to be clear, I wasn't trying to make them seem equal. I'm not a fan of the prospect of Goku getting in, and I don't even like that Cloud is in the game.

The crossovers in fighting games are just starting to get absurd, and I like bringing up Tekken's weird choices any chance I get.
It's a weird choice, but Tekken has never really had a discernable theme so whatever haha. Street Fighter, despite being sorta generic, has a stronger theme with it's fighters representing countries (usually).

But like seriously, what would be more out of place in Tekken, Neegan, a Power Ranger, or Link? I'm not even sure honestly

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, no. Just no. Does Bowser employ heel wrestler tactics? Does he spit in his opponents eyes? Does he hit them with chairs? Does he strike below the belt? Does he lie, cheat and steal just to win? I didn't think so. Incineroar isn't just "big fire guy" he's a HEEL WRESTLER. If you don't like or want the character that's fine, but do some research next time.
Bowser does lie, cheat, and steal to win, actually. At least in the TV Show.

But yeah, they're very different characters well beyond what their "elements" are.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Do we even know if all the veterans will get the same alt costumes? If they can do it to ****ing MARIO, they can do it to anyone
Idunno, but I wish Samus got actual alternate costumes like her light and dark suits from Prime 2 and even the PED suit from Prime 3. As you probably noticed I want ALLLLL the unique suits/costumes for Samus/Dark Samus.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Do we even know if all the veterans will get the same alt costumes? If they can do it to ****ing MARIO, they can do it to anyone
It sucks that I can never play Mario again now that he lost his Fire alt and is officially trash.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Can I get the sauce on that Gardevoir being before K. Rool thing? I think that's misinterpreted.

I'll make this my final comment on the rumor. I'll only believe the leak once I see a cartridge from the same guy who's claiming to have datamined it. It shouldn't be hard. He datamined it. He was supposedly not spotted taking it away. What's the harm in posting it? That's the one thing that makes me determine its validity from a probability to a possibility.
He very specifically didn't state which order the characters were in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There is one thing Bowser will employ as a heel...his pimp Daddy ways and his superiority over others
Gimme Three Sacred Treasures :ultpit:, Hipster/Wedding (Pimp Daddy) :ultbowser:, and Boom :ultsonic:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh for ****s sake are people still thinking Lupin the ****ing Third stole a console with the Ultimate demo at E3 is something that actually could have happened
This so much. The character list isn't even the issue. This is just too unbelievable. Come on.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
As for me, it's no secret that having only 8 colors for Yoshi does not sit well with most people. I don't think it's all that important, but if Boshi gets in, he could potentially carry the load of the remaining colors (Orange, White, Brown and Magenta)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I mean... if Project M can do it...
That's niicce. Somehow I forgot to mention the Fusion suit. I know some people don't like it but I do. It's weird and alien. Plus I just love the vibe that Fusion had as a game. As I mentioned before. I would 100% pay for costume DLC. Not like it'll change the hitboxes or anything.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Oh for ****s sake are people still thinking Lupin the ****ing Third stole a console with the Ultimate demo at E3 is something that actually could have happened
This is completely off topic, but thanks for reminding me how badly I need to rewatch Castle of Cagliostro for the fifth time.

But yeah, real pics or it didn't happen situation for me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

ALTERNATE COLORS.

I only saw the one alt for Dark Samus on the website(It sort of reminds me of that chick from Prime 3). But I would base her colors on the Prime Hunters characters and the 3 Hunters from Corruption. It wouldn't have to be all of them obviously, but Rundas, Sylux, Spire and Trace's color schemes would stand out a lot from the default Dark Samus.

Simon should get a color based on his red haired version. And another based on Castlevania 2. The only problem is splitting the Belmont references between both Simon and Richter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This so much. The character list isn't even the issue. This is just too unbelievable. Come on.
You don't have to take the console, just the cartridge. I'd be bamboozled if they made Switches only with the sole intention to put the Ultimate demo on there and then just trash it.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I want one of Daisy's taunts to just be her waving and saying "Hi I'm Daisy!"
I remember saying this the moment she got revealed. I NEED at least one annoying taunt for her, with what you mentioned being the perfect one.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
he also got k rool and dark samus!!!

ok im literally done arguing this
if you are trying to make your argument more convincing let me tell you, you are kinda having the opposite effect. Dark Samus and K rool were possible the 2 safest picks . that leak wild card is indeed gardevoir and gothielle. is not k rool, is not dark samus. it wasn't as much Richter, plus he didn't got that right...

is like a famous leaker said, we are getting a new metroid rep, and everyone was "ohhh we are getting Ridley!" but you wanted to fabricate a leak and you know that sometimes there are curveballs, so you say "We aren't getting Ridley, but Dark samus as a clone of samus instead". and you happen to guess right, but you aslo guess wrong. thats not how leaks get "proven".

Back when Vergeben said Simon but before e3 (and before knowing echoes were a thing) I half jokingly said that we could get more castlevania characters in this very same thread (half jokingly because i was expressing my super pipe dream of having multiple castlevania characters, including originals like alucard AND Simon, something i KNEW that wouldn't happen) i said that Richter could be a clone of Simon to represent the speedier belmonts. another dude in another thread said before the direct that Richter could be a Simon Costume.

Almost noone seriously predicted Richter only because Simon was leaked, we didn't fully knew if we were getting Castlevania considering vergeben previous record of being sometimes good sometiemes bad, in the west Simon is more iconic, and we were concentrated in Simon, but we never though we were getting much more cause is usally a good idea setting your expectations to a manegable level, not because Richter was the MOST UNTHINKABLE THING EVER!

In fact some people before the direct in the Simon speculation thread brought the idea of giving Simon's some of Richter Moves, and it wasn't a super outlandish idea mainly because Richter is more mobile than Simon on his games. That being said, the crazy theory that Sakurai planned Richter first and then made Simon the echo (to explain how the hell Richter data was in, but not Simon's) is an outright factless fabrication.

First, Sakurai said so, there is literally no reason why he would lie about it. Second, is misunderstanding when he said that it was hard to say who is echoing who, he said it so alluding that the Belmont moveset was indeed a MERGE of Simon and Richter, not saying that one took precedence over the other. Richter got in smash also a series of moves that are EXCLUSIVE to Simon, and so far not other belmont have used BUT Simon (Uair, angled fair, thether on aerials, etc...). Basically the moveset is a MERGE of both Rondo of blood AND Super Castlevania IV, none is taking precedence, thats why he did the comment of "is hard to tell who is echoing who" (This is obviously not taking into consideration the Belmont BASE moveset that is from Simon in Castlevania I, and used afterwards).

So again, why there was Richter data but not Simon? how did he managed to datamine during an event? why he didn't did a copy? why Nintendo would left such leftovers knowing that the risk of someone stealing a game was present. (even if obviously they made sure that it was super hard to do so, like with BOTW).

This is not an anti gardevoir argument, for all we know Gardevoir managed to pull it's own weight in the ballot and it may actually end happening. but gothielle? so far all the echoes have been popular but not THE MOST POPULAR characters, They won't do echoes "just because they can" they are doing echoes only of popular fighters that can work as echoes. Gothielle is super niche. (Richter is a very popular character, just people were more focused on Simon,they same way that people are more focused in K.rool than Dixie, or Ridley instead of Dark Samus).

Sorry, but the leak haven't been proven, in fact i would say it have been disproved. and i don't have evidence to believe the "Datamine" story. The only thing that would prove this leak beyond doubt is gothielle, and frankly we will only know once teh game is out and in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom