• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
To shift the subject away from the fake "leak," let's talk about K. Rool. Namely, do you think his Krown Toss is his neutral or side special?
Crown is Side, Blunderbuss neutral, Helicopter Pack is up, Belly Counter down.

EDIT: I take forever to type.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Don't talk bull****. It's obvious Simon was made in clear mind first, but since Richter was an influence, he was brought in as well. We can tell because of how the trailer was made. It's not the other way around, that would be a lot of expensive time to just be work backed on a jiffy unless we know how quickly the company makes these trailers. Perhaps vaanrose vaanrose has an idea of the process more than I do.
It's not out of the question that Richter could be built first and then billed the other way around, but the fact that Simon borrowed a few moves from Richter ignores the fact that the rest of the kit was Simon's first.

If you're asking how fast that trailer could be put together? You'd be surprised. I don't know how fast the Japanese are this but if it's anything like the US trailer houses, that Simon trailer could be done in two months.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
A really heated discussion about Gothitelle. And I mean heated. I may have been a part of the problem.
At least you acted grown up about it in the end and realized your own part of it, and gave an honest opinion that is respectable. Unlike what others did… lol

also, ladies and gentlemen, THIS situation tonight is why I was so tired about pokemon talk this morning XD I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, lol. I think Pokemon speculation should have its own thread instead of keep repeating it in the general smash ultimate discussion thread, juuust saying. Literally every day i have to skip about 10 pages AT LEAST of repeated talk about the same leak, same pokemon, etc. And I know i must not be the only one getting tired of it already lol. Now i'm really off to bed, super late.

Enchess

Smash Lord
To shift the subject away from the fake "leak," let's talk about K. Rool. Namely, do you think his Krown Toss is his neutral or side special?
Just to be a contrarian, Up-B but really though it's definitely Side-B

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So because I'm blocked by the almighty Noah J. Linderer himself, could someone who isn't blocked inform him that Vergeben literally never said Simon was an E3 reveal?
I would, but I'm blocked too.
It's definitely his side special, or at least it better be, because if the Blunderbuss is his neutral special then that means Kirby will put on a pirate hat whenever he uses it... or at least that better be the case lol.

Gumzilla

Smash Journeyman
So did you hear about the guy who supposedly saw Waluigi's face in Camilla's tears? Some of us are getting too desperate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So did you hear about the guy who supposedly saw Waluigi's face in Camilla's tears? Some of us are getting too desperate.
Seeing waluigi's face in tears is pretty appropriate though

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm so glad they didn't just use the modern (well, modern as in his last appearance forever ago) K. Rool design and made a proper one for Smash. Takes the best of both (but mostly Rare lul).

Enchess

Smash Lord
Haha really? That hilarious. It was obviously Isaac in Camilla's tears. I joke , but guys that Rathalos pic is the real deal

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's definitely his side special, or at least it better be, because if the Blunderbuss is his neutral special then that means Kirby will put on a pirate hat whenever he uses it... or at least that better be the case lol.
Have we seen Kirby's Krool hat yet? If not, I hope Kirb just wears his Pirate hat the whole time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have we seen Kirby's Krool hat yet? If not, I hope Kirb just wears his Pirate hat the whole time.
It's the crown. We have seen it

Edit: Did I imagine seeing it? I can't find the picture of it

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
In my eyes, :ultsimon:, does not at all disprove the Gardevoir leak. Here's why:
Yes, he says the leaker had the wrong Castlevania character, but he wouldn't know any insider information at all if his story is true. If he only saw Richter's name then it's a clear assumption for him that Richter was chosen OVER Simon. Why was Simon not listed if Richter was?? Couldn't tell ya, but no one here knows how demo porting process works well enough to know why he wasn't either. Maybe Richter's move-set was finalized before Simon (note: NOT character choice, but animations or design aspects), and they used an earlier build for the demo. Maybe during that build in development time, Simon wasn't working properly so they completely took him out of the code to work on, and/or to just remove since that demo was just a throwaway build and not something to be worked upon. Maybe this is all nonsense a bored kid guessed on 4chan and happened to get some things correct.

I personally don't want it to be true, but the point is, we don't have enough evidence to disprove this leak as of now.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So because I'm blocked by the almighty Noah J. Linderer himself, could someone who isn't blocked inform him that Vergeben literally never said Simon was an E3 reveal?
  1. You're doing a good job of demonstrating why you should be blocked by trying to mock me by revealing my name to people (which I don't know why you think I care if people know my real name) and claiming I think I'm almighty because I blocked you for exactly this kind of behavior.
  2. This is the second time you've tried to get someone else to show me your posts. I'm not sure if there's a policy against this, but it's just common courtesy to respect that people don't want to hear from you and I'm just gonna block anyone who can't respect that and decides to directly send me quotes from blocked users and in the future, I'm not going to respond like I am now. I'm only responding to this because I'm kindly asking you to stop harassing me by getting proxies to send me your inflammatory messages against my will. I understand that you're just asking someone to make the argument, but last time you asked someone to pass on your message, they literally quoted you word for word and messaged my private inbox saying "Opposum said this". So please just leave me alone.
Good night, everybody. I'm gonna let this discussion die off now because people are clearly upset and I'm gonna get irritated too.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Man, the savagery and rudeness tonight, lol. I know people can be wrong, but just know you don't look any better by being jerks to them when trying to prove them wrong. Be better than that lol, I'm off to bed.
Oh the Goku thread is open by the way! :estatic:

Best news of the day, finally. lol
Sorry I had too, you talked about rudeness when you disrespected the Goku Thread, it seems like a complete 180, lol. I don’t want another flame war though alright.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So playing WarioWare gold I found out there’s a Pushmo microgame, which is cool.

Would anybody else here want Pushmo content in smash? Not saying Mallo needs to be a character (even though I think I tiny sumo wrestling with block manipulation powers could make for a fun move set). Like give me a stage or at least an assist.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
The Richter leak also said Gardevoir was before K K Rool and we already no that any character revealed at this point would be after K Rool so it's fake.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
In my eyes, :ultsimon:, does not at all disprove the Gardevoir leak. Here's why:
Yes, he says the leaker had the wrong Castlevania character, but he wouldn't know any insider information at all if his story is true. If he only saw Richter's name then it's a clear assumption for him that Richter was chosen OVER Simon. Why was Simon not listed if Richter was?? Couldn't tell ya, but no one here knows how demo porting process works well enough to know why he wasn't either. Maybe Richter's move-set was finalized before Simon (note: NOT character choice, but animations or design aspects), and they used an earlier build for the demo. Maybe during that build in development time, Simon wasn't working properly so they completely took him out of the code to work on, and/or to just remove since that demo was just a throwaway build and not something to be worked upon. Maybe this is all nonsense a bored kid guessed on 4chan and happened to get some things correct.

I personally don't want it to be true, but the point is, we don't have enough evidence to disprove this leak as of now.
Thank you. That's pretty much what I was trying to say.

Enchess

Smash Lord
If Goku ends up in Smash, we should all troll the Jump Force forums and demand Mario or Pikachu for that
seriously though, I still am.having trouble telling if Goku support in a video game crossover is genuine.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm so glad they didn't just use the modern (well, modern as in his last appearance forever ago) K. Rool design and made a proper one for Smash. Takes the best of both (but mostly Rare lul).
Wait. What appearance are we talking about?

All I know of are DKC, DK64 and that CGI Saturday morning cartoon.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So playing WarioWare gold I found out there’s a Pushmo microgame, which is cool.

Would anybody else here want Pushmo content in smash? Not saying Mallo needs to be a character (even though I think I tiny sumo wrestling with block manipulation powers could make for a fun move set). Like give me a stage or at least an assist.
I can get behind a Pushmo stage

Enchess

Smash Lord

Very much so yes. I've wanted anything Pushmo in Smash since the day Pushmo launched

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I thought last night it was over about the leak talk and change into which other Nintendo franchise should get in the roster.

Sadly the truth is this leak isn’t going to be prove right or wrong till those two Pokémon are revealed. Just we all should wait for the next direct to know if this leak has credibility.

I’m not a mod but seeing all these arguments are really starting to becoming negative and hateful that looks like it’s going somewhere that this form shouldn’t.

Let’s just be patient and have fun waiting for the next Direct.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So if you were the game director, which series would be overrepped?
For me, Donkey Kong and Pokémon.
Mega Man, Metroid and probably Street Fighter. Definitely Mega Man, one of my favorite series point blank period.

A ton more songs from Kirby and Pokemon too.

Shroob

Sup?
I thought last night it was over about the leak talk and change into which other Nintendo franchise should get in the roster.

Sadly the truth is this leak isn’t going to be prove right or wrong till those two Pokémon are revealed. Just we all should wait for the next direct to know if this leak has credibility.

I’m not a mod but seeing all these arguments are really starting to becoming negative and hateful that looks like it’s going somewhere that this form shouldn’t.

Let’s just be patient and have fun waiting for the next Direct.
>Fun
>Waiting for the direct

That's not how that works.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Goku ends up in Smash, we should all troll the Jump Force forums and demand Mario or Pikachu for that
seriously though, I still am.having trouble telling if Goku support in a video game crossover is genuine.
Yeah! And then troll the Tekken forums with ridiculous additions like, uh. Geese and The Walking Dead guy.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Wait. What appearance are we talking about?

All I know of are DKC, DK64 and that CGI Saturday morning cartoon.
He appeared in some GBA or DS games, can't recall which, also on a Wii racing game, and his last appearance being in some Mario Baseball game a decade ago.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Can't shake this feeling people are latching on to the Gardevoir leak because they really, really don't want Incineroar, lol.
To be honest, Incineroar would literally be another Bowser. He's not needed. So many better Pokemon picks than the "popular" one.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh the Goku thread is open by the way! :estatic:

Sorry I had too, you talked about rudeness when you disrespected the Goku Thread, it seems like a complete 180, lol. I don’t want another flame war though alright.
lol you have a weird way of seeing sarcasm as actual rudeness. I suggest you see how some people have been reacting in the last pages before comparing me to them :p I have nothing against goku other than I just don't care, and not caring is not a way of being rude, nor i'm speaking in all caps or insulting about it either.

Also
you talked about rudeness when you disrespected the Goku Thread, it seems like a complete 180, lol.
+
I don’t want another flame war though alright.
You literally could've said nothing more about it if you don't want to start a flame war about it. Only you took it that way. People give sarcastic comments about stuff like that all the time and no flame war really starts out of it. Don't confuse sarcasm with actual rudeness :) g'night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom