• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

villager

Smash Rookie
Are we still on this Gothitelle thing? I thought we shut it down already because of Mr. Vampire man over here :ultsimon:.
I mean, just because they got Simon wrong doesn't discredit the whole thing. It's like guessing the winning lotto numbers and being off by one. Still quite remarkable.

At the end of the day, I'd say Gardevoir isn't ruled out yet. It's still possible until assist trophy deconfirms.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sigurd is actually extremely popular within the hardcore FE fanbase for a few reasons.
He's a powerful unit, he rides on a horse in a game where horses dominate everything, and well, I'm sure many of you have heard the memes but I'm going to spoiler it anyway.
He strait up dies. Not a lot of a games kill the main protagonist partway through, so that was a huge shock to a lot of people. And there's no being brought to life by the power of friendship like Robin, he's just dead for the rest of the game.
must explain the son being a protagonist

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Man, the savagery and rudeness tonight, lol. I know people can be wrong, but just know you don't look any better by being jerks to them when trying to prove them wrong. Be better than that lol, I'm off to bed.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So your argument is "I really don't know, I'm going to just blindly trust this rando on 4chan and hope for the best."
Actually, my argument is "YOU don't know. I'm going to trust this leak because it's supported by accurate information that was proven true and you're going to blindly dismiss it because there was one very slight misinterpretation."

Accidentally misinterpreting vague data isn't a very strong argument on your part. The man simply "guessed" that Richter was the only Castlevania rep because it was the only thing he saw. There were several veterans missing from the demo, so a newcomer not showing data upon immediate inspection is not implausible in the slightest. I'm willing to give that the benefit of the doubt because he was right about Richter being in the game.

I'm telling you that there are any multitude of reasonable explanations. Just because I don't have the one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I never said this leak was confirmed, but meanwhile you're acting like it's deconfirmed when actually you are not in a position of knowledge to make that claim.

You're right, you're sensing aggression because people like you and Papa won't let it go and bring it up all the damn time, which ends up spreading confusion to the people who don't frequent this thread often.

I WANT Gardevoir, but this is obnoxious, you two are driving it into the ground.
Well, I was actually moving on from it until you came in and now you've been playing tennis with me on this subject for quite some time. You've responded rapidly and in great detail like three times.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry to disappoint you, but you're not good at predicting the future. Turns out I know what I'm gonna say better than you do.

My explanation, is that the data isted was probably inconsistent for any number of reasons, possibly because it was merely a demo build. There's also the possibility that it was mined or read incorrectly by the leaker. The leaker was merely making guesses based on a vague list of names.

You're just claiming that there are inconsistencies, therefore we have to throw the whole thing out, but you're ignoring what it got right that nobody else knew about.

I gotta say, I'm sensing a lot of aggression towards this, which further leads me to believe that people just don't want it to be true and are looking for anything to justify throwing the whole thing out. There are plenty of leaks with minor inconsistencies that turn out to be true. Like the E3 leak. Simon was never shown off and Daisy was never mentioned in the leak.
So because I'm blocked by the almighty Noah J. Linderer himself, could someone who isn't blocked inform him that Vergeben literally never said Simon was an E3 reveal?

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Here are the gen 1 Pokémon I would add:
Meowth
Raichu
Bulbosaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Wartortle
Blastoise
Venosaur
Mew
Kazam
Alakazam
Golduck
Primeape
Poliwrath
Graveler
Golem
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Sceptile
Electabuzz
Pinsir
Dragonite

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Gematsu also got more than 1 character right.

You're acting like Richter is this end-all-be-all character, when he's the 2nd most popular Belmont in the franchise. If someone wanted to be contrarian to Verg, all they'd have to do is Google search "Belmont" and think "I'll put Richter in instead of Simon"

he also got k rool and dark samus!!!

ok im literally done arguing this

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, my argument is "YOU don't know. I'm going to trust this leak because it's supported by accurate information that was proven true and you're going to blindly dismiss it because there was one very slight misinterpretation."

Accidentally misinterpreting vague data isn't a very strong argument on your part. The man simply "guessed" that Richter was the only Castlevania rep because it was the only thing he saw. There were several veterans missing from the demo, so a newcomer not showing data upon immediate inspection is not implausible in the slightest.

I'm telling you that there are any multitude of reasonable explanations. Just because I don't have the one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I never said this leak was confirmed, but meanwhile you're acting like it's deconfirmed when actually you are not in a position of knowledge to make that claim.

Well, I was actually moving on from it until you came in and now you've been playing tennis with me on this subject for quite some time. You've responded rapidly and in great detail like three times.
"I don't have an argument."

And considering the post someone dug up earlier of the reason as to why you're rabidly defending this leak.

Good, we're done here.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So because I'm blocked by the almighty Noah J. Linderer himself, could someone who isn't blocked inform him that Vergeben literally never said Simon was an E3 reveal?
As someone who never believed Vergeben before now, even I can admit that he has some good credibility after Simon's reveal.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
But the leaker didn't explicitly say Simon wasn't in the game.

">The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character. "Rihita", Richter Belmont's Japanese name, was among those listed."

Perhaps this particular build didn't have any addresses for Simon. A lot of times when developers hash out a demo from a developmental build, stray code and or addresses get left over in the demo. Sure, seeing only Richter and implying no Simon was overreaching on his part, but it doesn't deter me from the idea that the build just didn't happen to have any scrap code of Simon. It happens.
For me, it's that he claims all the other echos were attached to their respective base. Richter being the only one with that missing, especially since he's the Echo not the base, is more than just a little odd

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, the savagery and rudeness tonight, lol. I know people can be wrong, but just know you don't look any better by being jerks to them when trying to prove them wrong. Be better than that lol, I'm off to bed.
Geez, now I know why people scold me for trying to police other people. I'll act how I want until someone who actually has the appropriate power steps in and says "enough". I'll test my limits as far as I can to make my point in what I believe. This is natural when it comes to discussing rumors.

Shroob

Sup?
he also got k rool and dark samus!!!

ok im literally done arguing this
So did a million other leaks.

The 'only' thing it can gain credit for is Richter.

Literally look at Tehponycorn's leak roundup from the night before the Direct and Ctrl+F "K.Rool, Dark Samus", you'll find that most hand those.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
But the leaker didn't explicitly say Simon wasn't in the game.

">The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character. "Rihita", Richter Belmont's Japanese name, was among those listed."

Perhaps this particular build didn't have any addresses for Simon. A lot of times when developers hash out a demo from a developmental build, stray code and or addresses get left over in the demo. Sure, seeing only Richter and implying no Simon was overreaching on his part, but it doesn't deter me from the idea that the build just didn't happen to have any scrap code of Simon. It happens.
This is the issue with my posts getting broken up responding to different arguments. I've already discussed this, and I agree it's a possibility that this happened. However, it still seems very odd that they would successfully purge entire characters but fail at properly purging other characters. It's in the realm of possibility, certainly, but it's definitely a knock against the probability of this leak. When you combine that knock with the fact that it has very little going for it thanks to being one outlier in a trial of over 500 samples, it doesn't look good.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
What a hot mess this thread is. Here's a tip we can all take to heart. Any random stranger could have typed up a "leak" at any moment in their spare time. There's thousands of people doing this. The odds of a few getting some lucky guesses is entirely possible. It does not make them legit. Putting so much faith into a text leak that some random guy sitting at his computer typed up one night is not the best thing to do.

Oh, and if by some miraculous reason it turns out to be real? Cool. It doesn't matter at the end of the day. It's one thing to speculate, but getting this heated defending a so called leak is absolutely silly. The odds of a leak being fake are far more likely than them being real. ESPECIALLY concerning Smash.

There was an Ashley leak I desperately wanted to be real. It sounded plausible and grounded enough. I REALLY wanted it to be real, but I wasn't going to go to the grave defending it, and guess what? Turns out it was fake, and I didn't feel burned because I didn't put all of my being into believing something.
I actually put out one fake 4chan leak that's a compilation of some theories I pulled from GameFaq that all followed a similar logic but resulted in very out there guesses. I thought if they happen by some miracle to be right, the leak will seem super credible and everyone will latch on for 5 seconds before I prove I made it and based it off random <10 reply GameFaq threads. Any "leak" made afterwords will seem derivative of mine and be immediately discarded since we'll all know mine is fake.
I'm not gonna reveal which one unless some of it comes true. I don't wanna discourage copycats or even coincidental similar ones. If mine gets "credibility" I want to destroy the credibility of other ones too when I take away my own

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I personally wasn't trying to be rude so much as I was trying to display my confidence that the leak was fake. If I came off as too aggressive, I apologize. I really dislike the Gothita line but I've got nothing personal against TheLastJinjo TheLastJinjo . I'm just a little sick of all this discussion about that leak going in circles.

And if by some miracle the leak does turn out to be true, you can be sure I'll follow through on my bet.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Geez, now I know why people scold me for trying to police other people. I'll act how I want until someone who actually has the appropriate power steps in and says "enough". I'll test my limits as far as I can to make my point in what I believe. This is natural when it comes to discussing rumors.
It's ok man -pats on shoulder- . It's not like multiple super big allcaps words and censored words are justified by just being right or whatever. I'm not a mod so i'm not gonna argue, I stated my neutral opinion, I'm in no one's side on this situation tonight, goodnight.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's ok man -pats on shoulder- . It's not like multiple super big allcaps words and censored words are justified by just being right or whatever. I'm not a mod so i'm not gonna argue, I stated my neutral opinion, I'm in no one's side on this situation tonight, goodnight.
Dude if you heard me speak I curse like a ****ing sailor, lol. I'm just used to it being in my vocabulary.

Luminario

Smash Lord
We're really gonna go through this ride again? There's no point in discussing the Gardevoir leak further here, the only thing that happens is either side goes "FAKE! REAL! FAKE! REAL!" to each other and nothing really gets accomplished. It's possible the leak is bull****, it's possible the guy was just presumptuous and jumped to conclusions when Simon's name didn't immediately pop up, we really just don't know. The truth will only be known if Gardevoir pops up as a pokeball Pokemon or a fighter in future updates.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I remember back when I was speculating the roster of Marvel vs. Capom 3 their was someone claiming shortly after the game reveal to know the whole roster and posted pictures of all the characters. He managed to guess the entire Capcom side of the roster completely right (minus Frank West who was planned, but cut), but the Marvel side had a lot of inconsistencies.

Sometimes people just get lucky.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To shift the subject away from the fake "leak," let's talk about K. Rool. Namely, do you think his Krown Toss is his neutral or side special?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
This discussion is pointless.
I've found a leek that looks way more realistic and plausible than a simple text box written by an anonymous user online.
large-leek1.jpg

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
For me, it's that he claims all the other echos were attached to their respective base. Richter being the only one with that missing, especially since he's the Echo not the base, is more than just a little odd
Oh, it's more than odd to me too, but I can't say, personally, it's enough to discredit it. If there was an argument to be made for this leak being false, its the how of it all.

To move on to a lighter note, I really want Gen 3 to have representation. Blaziken is my personal standout.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We're really gonna go through this ride again? There's no point in discussing the Gardevoir leak further here, the only thing that happens is either side goes "FAKE! REAL! FAKE! REAL!" to each other and nothing really gets accomplished. It's possible the leak is bull****, it's possible the guy was just presumptuous and jumped to conclusions when Simon's name didn't immediately pop up, we really just don't know. The truth will only be known if Gardevoir pops up as a pokeball Pokemon or a fighter in future updates.
You could always have Gardevoir, but no Echo, which would still be wrong for the guy.

I don't believe it solely because of the lack of Simon being specifically noted in a tone that says Simon isn't in, and the fact that if he had a demo, he would've shown him with the cartridge. I don't think cartridges are based on location, so there's really no harm in showing it. Hell, you could even make a fake one on a sticker and show it to bamboozle everyone.

Shroob

Sup?
To shift the subject away from the fake "leak," let's talk about K. Rool. Namely, do you think his Krown Toss is his neutral or side special?
Side, makes the most sense. Inhale-like moves are usually neutrals, and the Blunderbuss got the succ

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Think it's for sure his side special. Neutral is definitely the blunderbuss.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Blunderbuss neutral B and side B crowntoss seem plausible.

NINJA'D

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Obviously his side.

I'm debating on whether the counter is his neutral or down special. I think it'd be the down special like many others but you never know, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom