• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't know why people flock to Goku when Batman seemed to be the go-to for "outside media" guests on the Ballot, even in JAPAN. :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I finished counting and there's 34 Pokeball Pokemon seen in Smash Ultimate so far.

There were 40 in Smash 4 and several are missing

Gardevoir (end my pain)
Fenikin (possibly replaced by normal Vulpix)
Fletchling
Gogoat
Inkay
Oshawott
Snivy
Sewpa
Swirlix
Togepi (every game since its debut)
Arceus
Genecect
Keldeo
Kryuem
Lugia (every game since its debut)
Meloetta
Moltres
Victini

That's a lot more missing than there are for Assist trophies and that's not even getting into the ones that were in the other games but not 4.

D

Deleted member

I finished counting and there's 34 Pokeball Pokemon seen in Smash Ultimate so far.

There were 40 in Smash 4 and several are missing

Gardevoir (end my pain)
Fenikin (possibly replaced by normal Vulpix)
Fletchling
Gogoat
Inkay
Oshawott
Snivy
Sewpa
Swirlix
Togepi (every game since its debut)
Arceus
Genecect
Keldeo
Kryuem
Lugia (every game since its debut)
Meloetta
Moltres
Victini

That's a lot more missing than there are for Assist trophies and that's not even getting into the ones that were in the other games but not 4.
To be fair, they haven't had much of a chance to showcase them all(the Direct only showed new stuff). Though I do wish they'd have just updated the Assists and Pokeballs all at once like they did with Stages(well, except for potential new series, that is).

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Personally I'd opt for other major NPCs rather than neighbors,

- Isabelle (default)
- Isabelle (alt costume)
- Digby
- Rover
- Mabel
- Sabel
- Lottie
- Kicks

Nook is already a final smash, Cyrus and Reese are a bit too tall, Blathers and Celeste are a bit too wide, and K.K already has a good gig playing on Saturday.
Just saying, but... isn’t the point of playable Isabelle not to represent “AC characters that aren’t Villager to fill in parts of AC representation that Villager missed” but rather, for Isabelle to represent Isabelle?

That said, I wouldn’t mind being able to play as Lottie, such a cute and underrated otter, Kicks is cool too

Iridium

Smash Hero
For some reason, I can see Darmanitan working as a DK echo, and I don't know how to feel.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
New franchises for Smash?

Nintendo
- Panel De Pon
- Sin and punishment
- Fossil Fighters
- The Prince Sable game?
- Dillion Rolling Western
- Pushmo
- Nintendo LABO

3rd & Indie
- Shantae
- Cave Story
- Dig Dug
- Frogger
- Kingdom Hearts
- Tekken
- King of Fighters
- Resident Evil
- Knola
- Rayman
- Assassins Creed
Okami would be great, especially if Sakurai keeps that Sumi-e art that game is great for, for the stages and AT's, and I can't dare forget about the music. Ammy could be designed a little more realistic, and have an alt with her Sumi-e art style from the game.
Some of you REALLY need to learn a little patience. We just had a direct last week! And yet people are already complaining about a lack of information.

I take it most of you weren't around for Brawl/4. Try YEARS of not hearing anything on for size, then tell me that just over 3 months for the new game is an unbearable drought ;)
I wasn't aware of Smashboards existence at that time, so among my classmates, I was the only one really interested in the game, with little to no one to talk to about Smash. I nearly cracked when I heard we were getting the game delay for Sonic as well as hearing little to nothing for such a long time.

*shudders remembering thirsty flashbacks*

Me: Sakurai so thirsty, give us something.

Sakurai: *takes out tiny medicine baster full of water gives us a tiny, single drop*

Me: That's it? No, no you can't do this to me; to us. Sakurai... SAKURAI!

Remmy-ro

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be surprised if an Octopath Traveler character makes it in as DLC in the future.
But out of the 8 main characters how could they choose? They're all so popular and recognizable. Like the uhh... The-the dancer and the...uh... The potions...guy...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, they haven't had much of a chance to showcase them all(the Direct only showed new stuff). Though I do wish they'd have just updated the Assists and Pokeballs all at once like they did with Stages(well, except for potential new series, that is).
Well we got Scizor back after 17 years so there may be hope.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I wouldn't want Isabelle to have other characters as alts, except maybe one or two for her brother Digby.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, someone on Reddit was watching the character reveal trailer from E3, and stopped and found this frame:

I know this detail also existed in Brawl, but this gets me. A shrinking Squirtle. I've seen this before, and the way it works is too funny.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, someone one Reddit was watching the character reveal trailer from E3, and stopped and found this frame:

I know this detail also existed in Brawl, but this gets me. A shrinking Squirtle. I've seen this before, and the way it works is too funny.
WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BOI?!?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Just saying, but... isn’t the point of playable Isabelle not to represent “AC characters that aren’t Villager to fill in parts of AC representation that Villager missed” but rather, for Isabelle to represent Isabelle?

That said, I wouldn’t mind being able to play as Lottie, such a cute and underrated otter, Kicks is cool too
Oh yeah I agree, but I was just entertaining the thought of a possible multi character like the poster suggested.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
As long as his fight isn't incredibly hard as it was in the KH games, lol
Haven't reach him in KH 1 yet, but I fought him in KH 2... I never won :( the memories still haunt me...

*first time playing*
Sephiroth: Show me your strength...

Me: Fine bring it on!

Sephiroth: That's enough! *didn't press triangle*

Me: What? We just start-Ahhh! *dead*

*later with my friend watching*

Sephiroth: Descend, Heartless Angel.

Me: As long as I dodge I'll be fine. *friend shakes his head looking at me like a poor cinnamon roll/sweet summer child*

And I heard Sephiroth is worse in KH 1, imagine that.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Nintendo
- Panel De Pon
- Sin and punishment
- Fossil Fighters
- The Prince Sable game?
- Pushmo
- Nintendo LABO

3rd & Indie
- Shantae
- Cave Story
- Dig Dug
- Frogger
- Kingdom Hearts
- Tekken
- King of Fighters
- Resident Evil
- Knola
- Rayman
- Assassins Creed
Lets see. Here are some notable franchises that barely have anything in Smash yet.

- Splatoon
- Rhythm Heaven
- Golden Sun
- Advance Wars
- Sin and Punishment
- Chibi-Robo
- ARMS
Of those Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun seem to be the most likely new franchises being added with playable characters and stages either because their very popular (Golden Sun) and/or recent and ongoing (Rhythm Heaven). Advance Wars and Sin and Punishment are a tier below, I can only see one of these guys getting a playable character, and I have a feeling it’s S&P with Saki/Isa due to their moveset potential and likley consideration over Andy/Will, along with an S&P stage. Although I can see AW get a DLC character because they can bring in a unique and new franchise and there does seem to be some want for the franchise as well, but probably not enough to fit them in the base roster.

Chibi doesn’t seem to be likely to get any character, but a stage seems probable for the series.

EDIT: Forget to include ARMS. It doesn’t seem likley at all for the base roster since it’s a new franchise that came out too recently. But it seems very likely for DLC.

As for third parties:

- Resident Evil
- Banjo Kazooie
- Kingdom Hearts
- Tales of Symphonia

I can see Kingdom Hearts more so as DLC due to how expensive their license can be with along with the fact that Sora was heavily pushed for the ballot by what it seems to be more younger fans and all ages alike, it’ s one of the last big worldwide popular franchise. Banjo Kazooie seems possible for the base roster with rare, but it can also be DLC if they wanted to as well, they seem possible since there does seem to be a lot of fan demand for them. Tales of Symphonia and Resident Evil seem odd but actually possible. Lloyd and Leon were the main characters of heavy hitter GameCube Titles like Tales of Symphonia and Resident Evil 4 (always with a Wii Port) so I have a feeling they might’ve actually scored high on the ballot and have a shot at either base roster or DLC.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
What characters would you guys want to be in Smash for their soundtrack alone? You don't even have to like the character themselves, just love the soundtrack of their game(s). For me, it'd be-

Hakurei Reimu - I personally wouldn't want Touhou to show up in Smash, but the music alone almost makes me change my mind.
Sans - I wouldn't mind Undertale being in Smash, but the music not being able to show up is a tragedy.
Chrono - Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite RPGs, and by god that soundtrack is bangin'.
Neku - Just for Twister. Don't even care if that's the only TWEWY song he brings with him.

And what songs from existing franchises are you guys hoping to hear in the soundtrack for this game to make it truly 'ultimate?' I'm holding out for-

Porky Means Business (Earthbound)
Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 3)
C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby Returns to Dream Land)
J-E-N-O-V-A (Final Fantasy VII) (And honestly a lot more Final Fantasy music in general)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I can see Kingdom Hearts more so as DLC due to how expensive their license can be with along with the fact that Sora was heavily pushed for the ballot by what it seems to be more younger fans.
Not sure if you have an actual grasp on the age demographic for Kingdom Hearts, lol. Just because it has Disney doesn't mean it's mainly kids who play. In fact, (having worked with the KH IP before) most fans are in the 20s-30s bracket. Just wanted to point that out. The whole "Disney is for kids" stereotype bothers the crap out of me. I digress.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not sure if you have an actual grasp on the age demographic for Kingdom Hearts, lol. Just because it has Disney doesn't mean it's mainly kids who play. In fact, (having worked with the KH IP before) most fans are in the 20s-30s bracket. Just wanted to point that out. The whole "Disney is for kids" stereotype bothers the crap out of me. I digress.
Even if the original Kingdom Hearts had a young demographic, most of those kids have grown up by now, lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What characters would you guys want to be in Smash for their soundtrack alone? You don't even have to like the character themselves, just love the soundtrack of their game(s). For me, it'd be-

Hakurei Reimu - I personally wouldn't want Touhou to show up in Smash, but the music alone almost makes me change my mind.
Sans - I wouldn't mind Undertale being in Smash, but the music not being able to show up is a tragedy.
Chrono - Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite RPGs, and by god that soundtrack is bangin'.
Neku - Just for Twister. Don't even care if that's the only TWEWY song he brings with him.

And what songs from existing franchises are you guys hoping to hear in the soundtrack for this game to make it truly 'ultimate?' I'm holding out for-

J-E-N-O-V-A (Final Fantasy VII) (And honestly a lot more Final Fantasy music in general)
Makoto Yuki. Persona 3 has a great soundtrack, like the game itself. My dream is hearing Mass Destruction and Battle for Everyone's Souls in Smash.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Jet Set Radio! Beat and Gum would be cool, but the music is even cooler.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Not sure if you have an actual grasp on the age demographic for Kingdom Hearts, lol. Just because it has Disney doesn't mean it's mainly kids who play. In fact, (having worked with the KH IP before) most fans are in the 20s-30s bracket. Just wanted to point that out.
I say this because it’s a more newer franchise. It came out in 2002 and although it’s first Nintendo exclusive was Chain of Memories for the GBA, it really hit solid gold with Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS and that was in the 2010’s, around the time for more younger newer fans to probably get into when the 3DS first began.

It does seem like franchise all ages can play and enjoy, well except it’s lore. But hey it’s nice to now it’s age demographic.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Chibi doesn’t seem to be likely to get any character, but a stage seems probable for the series.
No that never happens. Whenever there is a stage that represents a franchise but doesn't feature a fighter it's because that series doesn't have a character that Sakurai believes could be a fighter or atleast doesn't think the characters are suited for fighting.

I mean Sakurai has changed his mind on Animal Crossing, but that was the case in Brawl. He thought the characters weren't suited to be fighters so he just made a stage. And I'm sure that's the case with Hanenbow and Pilotwings and so on. Chibi-Robo having stage but not a fighter makes no sense because he could easily be realized as a fighter. So either Chibi-Robo will be a fighter or an Assist, or we won't see anything from the series at all. A stage by itself is not likely.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Nintendo
- Panel De Pon
- Sin and punishment
- Fossil Fighters
- The Prince Sable game?
- Pushmo
- Nintendo LABO

3rd & Indie
- Shantae
- Cave Story
- Dig Dug
- Frogger
- Kingdom Hearts
- Tekken
- King of Fighters
- Resident Evil
- Knola
- Rayman
- Assassins Creed
Nintendo
- Arms
- Labo

3rd Party
- Shantae
- Mortal Kombat
- Rayman

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Dark Matter Blade is my least wanted newcomer, but I may let it slide if he brings this with him.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What characters would you guys want to be in Smash for their soundtrack alone? You don't even have to like the character themselves, just love the soundtrack of their game(s).
I'm always gonna plug Skyrim. Just picturing a stage with the main theme, One They Fear, Sovngarde, and especially Watch the Skies would be amazing. Also would be fun to shove in Reign of the Septims (Oblivion main theme) or Nerevar Rising (Morrowind main theme) to complete the references to the series.

There are also a lot of nice songs in the Soul Calibur series. One of my favorites is If There Were Any Other Way, the destined battle theme. And as bad a game as SCIV and SCV were, they did have great music like Glacial Coliseum or Sacred Dawn.

And what songs from existing franchises are you guys hoping to hear in the soundtrack for this game to make it truly 'ultimate?'
Three words. Hyrule. Warriors. Remixes. I actually had to stop for a bit during the game to salivate over the Molgera remix the first time I heard it. Wind Waker's got great music, but they dialed it up to eleven there.

I wouldn't mind remixes made for some DK64 tracks as well, like Frantic Factory (stage, plz), Hideout Helm, or even something fun like Funky's Armory.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Nintendo
- Panel De Pon
- Sin and punishment
- Fossil Fighters
- The Prince Sable game?
- Pushmo
- Nintendo LABO

3rd & Indie
- Shantae
- Cave Story
- Dig Dug
- Frogger
- Kingdom Hearts
- Tekken
- King of Fighters
- Resident Evil
- Knola
- Rayman
- Assassins Creed
I'd think it be more

Nintendo:
- Chibi Robo
- Star Tropics
- LABO

3rd & Indie:
- Devil May Cry
- Resident Evil
- Bomberman
- Yakuza
- Dragon Quest
- Puyo Puyo
- KOF
- Tekken
- Virtua Fighter
- Rayman
- Beyond Good and Evil
- Monster Hunter
- Wonderful 101
- Soul Calibur
- Crash Bandicoot
- Spyro the Dragon

Untouch

Smash Master
Am I bad for not wanting Jeanne as a Bayo echo just to prevent people from picking Bayo and Jeanne if squad strike ever becomes a tourney standard.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
No that never happens. Whenever there is a stage that represents a franchise but doesn't feature a fighter it's because that series doesn't have a character that Sakurai believes could be a fighter or atleast doesn't think the characters are suited for fighting.

I mean Sakurai has changed his mind on Animal Crossing, but that was the case in Brawl. He thought the characters weren't suited to be fighters so he just made a stage. And I'm sure that's the case with Hanenbow and Pilotwings and so on. Chibi-Robo having stage but not a fighter makes no sense because he could easily be realized as a fighter. So either Chibi-Robo will be a fighter or an Assist, or we won't see anything from the series at all. A stage by itself is not likely.
I really hope he at least gets an Assist Trophy. Not having anything feels like such a disservice. Would definitely be ecstatic if he was playable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom