• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What characters would you guys want to be in Smash for their soundtrack alone? You don't even have to like the character themselves, just love the soundtrack of their game(s). For me, it'd be-

Hakurei Reimu - I personally wouldn't want Touhou to show up in Smash, but the music alone almost makes me change my mind.
Sans - I wouldn't mind Undertale being in Smash, but the music not being able to show up is a tragedy.
Chrono - Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite RPGs, and by god that soundtrack is bangin'.
Neku - Just for Twister. Don't even care if that's the only TWEWY song he brings with him.
Amaterasu - The music is too amazing not to add in, soothing relaxing tracks, along with music that makes you think you can take on any demon.
Shantae - Uplifting music that makes you wanna dance, even if you can't
Hakurei Reimu - Wonderful music that gets the blood pumping.
Yu Narukami/Joker - C'mon! Who wouldn't want any tracks from Persona?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So, what would you guys say about All-Star mode, including whether it'll be in Smash Ultimate or not or how it will be changed with such a gargantuan roster, if at all? ...Also, I got the 420th vote on the "How 'bout that direct?" poll. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, what would you guys say about All-Star mode, including whether it'll be in Smash Ultimate or not or how it will be changed with such a gargantuan roster, if at all? ...Also, I got the 420th vote on the "How 'bout that direct?" poll. Just thought that was worth mentioning.
It had better be.

That's one of the main things I'm looking forward to. As soon as they showed us 65 unique movesets plus 3 echoes at E3, all I could think of was how incredible All-Star would feel. And now we just added another five characters to that.

D

Deleted member

All-Stars will probably go by number order, though I wonder how they'll handle Echoes. I mean:
"The original 12!...+Dark Samus"

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
All-Stars will probably go by number order, though I wonder how they'll handle Echoes. I mean:
"The original 12!...+Dark Samus"
That's definitely a worthwhile thought to have. Maybe it will be in order of first appearance in a video game (or perhaps the reverse order, like in Smash Wii U) and the echos will appear based on that?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
One thing I just thought of, what if they use Stage Morph to allow you to go through multiple battles in a row without stopping, so it’s a continual onslaught rather than fighting a few enemies at a time with breaks and loading screens in between? They’d still need a way to let you use your healing items, though... maybe, each time the stage morphs, platforms would temporarily appear holding your limited recovery items (and they’d be coded such that the AIs can’t grab them,) so you’d have to grab one while still in the midst of the match. So, even though there are more opponents, it goes faster since there are no breaks or loading screens. (If you need a break, the pause button is always an option anyway.)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What characters would you guys want to be in Smash for their soundtrack alone? You don't even have to like the character themselves, just love the soundtrack of their game(s). For me, it'd be-

Hakurei Reimu - I personally wouldn't want Touhou to show up in Smash, but the music alone almost makes me change my mind.
Sans - I wouldn't mind Undertale being in Smash, but the music not being able to show up is a tragedy.
Chrono - Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite RPGs, and by god that soundtrack is bangin'.
Neku - Just for Twister. Don't even care if that's the only TWEWY song he brings with him.

And what songs from existing franchises are you guys hoping to hear in the soundtrack for this game to make it truly 'ultimate?' I'm holding out for-

Porky Means Business (Earthbound)
Dark Samus Battle (Metroid Prime 3)
C-R-O-W-N-E-D (Kirby Returns to Dream Land)
J-E-N-O-V-A (Final Fantasy VII) (And honestly a lot more Final Fantasy music in general)
Here, you can see SMT's first try for a battle theme, and the first thing they went to is hard rock, even with the limited capabilities of the SNES.
Now, with modern technology and the opportunity to redo it, they liked it so much, they remixed it fifty bazillion times.
... But here's my personal favorite remix:
Now, if you will, imagine a franchise of a dozen games that each have songs distinctly different but just as good.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
One thing I just thought of, what if they use Stage Morph to allow you to go through multiple battles in a row without stopping, so it’s a continual onslaught rather than fighting a few enemies at a time with breaks and loading screens in between? They’d still need a way to let you use your healing items, though... maybe, each time the stage morphs, platforms would temporarily appear holding your limited recovery items (and they’d be coded such that the AIs can’t grab them,) so you’d have to grab one while still in the midst of the match. So, even though there are more opponents, it goes faster since there are no breaks or loading screens. (If you need a break, the pause button is always an option anyway.)
I'm not sure of the likelihood of that, but it's a damn good idea!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
D

Deleted member

You're really making me want an Etrian Odyssey stage right now.

Maybe with, like, a Furyhorn/Ragealope as a stage boss. It can reverse everyone's controls, and everyone will learn to hate those things as much as I do.
***** I want full EO representation but it's not even happening in my dreams :,(

Also, Ragelope would just straight up OHKO anyone it touches. That's just how it be.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's a random *** pic to post. Also that's the Majora's Mask special edition Skull Kid figure iirc
So? It's too random if it's for no other reason. Plus they probably don't have the actual amiibo ready, therefore they used that figure. It's a tease after all.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So? It's too random if it's for no other reason. Plus they probably don't have the actual amiibo ready, therefore they used that figure.
She... wasn't disagreeing with you. If anything she was agreeing and just pointing out what figure it was.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So while we're discussing characters, let's take a break from that for a moment to discuss modes. What modes are you looking forward to the most and how would you want them to work?

All-Star: Either put them in number order or year of debut. The one I'd like most is to have them randomized like they did in Melee except random last character instead of Mr. Game & Watch all the time at the end

Board the Platform: I want this back badly! But the question is how will it come back and I think they will pull a Brawl with this by giving us 5 different levels of difficulties. I want them to give every character an unique stage but I don't think that's gonna happen unless DLC hits

Iridium

Smash Hero
If they ever did reveal Skull Kid, October or November would be the right time to do it, looking at the original release date of Majora's Mask. Maybe not the exact day, but it's still possible.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
She... wasn't disagreeing with you. If anything she was agreeing and just pointing out what figure it was.
I know, I was talking about the figure they used. They wouldn't use the actual new amiibo to tease it cause then it wouldn't be a tease. Just saying

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So? It's too random if it's for no other reason. Plus they probably don't have the actual amiibo ready, therefore they used that figure.
Nah, if Skull Kid's in, the amiibo wouldn't be shown like this before an actual confirmation, that'd give it away too soon as people would look for other Skull Kid merch and realize it's new
He better comes with his famous laugh as a taunt:

Real talk Duck Hunt is a garbage character because it doesn't have 8bit laugh. Same goes for K.Rool when he inevitably doesn't get his "ARGH" sound effect

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
So? It's too random if it's for no other reason. Plus they probably don't have the actual amiibo ready, therefore they used that figure. It's a tease after all.
I have absolutely nothing against Skull Kid's inclusion, but I think it'd be best to not get your expectations up based on this. Nintendo UK once tweeted "Good things come to those who wait." with a clip of Super Mario Kart gameplay. Many took this as "confirmation" that a third DLC pack would come to Mario Kart 8, but it didn't. Keep in mind that was long before we knew the Switch as anything other than NX.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I have absolutely nothing against Skull Kid's inclusion, but I think it'd be best to not get your expectations up based on this. Nintendo UK once tweeted "Good things come to those who wait." with a clip of Super Mario Kart gameplay. Many took this as "confirmation" that a third DLC pack would come to Mario Kart 8, but it didn't. Keep in mind that was long before we knew the Switch as anything other than NX.
I will agree on this simply because it was Nintendo and not Sakurai himself who dropped this… So yeah I will calm down for now, but the amount of hints and teasers for this guy just keep piling up…

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgZuxcAB01/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=btoyqc0phc86

There's no way they will keep dropping hints like this just for him to NOT be playable, come the frick on.
It's essentially a repost of this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BldSzOtnbXr/?taken-by=curiousherring
Who they've tagged in the pic. Looks like they've shared some of her other pics as well. So it could just be a pic they thought was nice to share.
Or it means something more.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I was one of those kids who didn't play OOT or MM growing up so I have no feelings towards Skull Kid, but if he did make it in as a fighter it'd be really interesting to see how he plays. Wasn't my first choice for a Zelda newcomer but I wouldn't be mad if it happens.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I will agree on this simply because it was Nintendo and not Sakurai himself who dropped this… So yeah I will calm down for now, but the amount of hints and teasers for this guy just keep piling up…
And hey, I'm not saying Skull Kid won't get in. I'm not Sakurai, I don't know. I think there is reason to believe he has a very good chance, but we shouldn't take this as concrete.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's essentially a repost of this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BldSzOtnbXr/?taken-by=curiousherring
Who they've tagged in the pic. Looks like they've shared some others of her pics as well. So it could just be a pic they thought was nice to share.
Or it means something more.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is aware of Skull kid being wanted for Smash. So for them to share this just for the sake of it randomly… That's just such a Dedede move

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's just speculation. Right now Skull Kid is the new flavor of the month. Who knows, next month it could be someone else.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If they ever did reveal Skull Kid, next month or November would be the right time to do it, looking at the original release date of Majora's Mask. Maybe not the exact day, but it's still possible.
So, Majora's Mask was released for the N64 on October 26th, 2000 in the US, and November 17th, 2003 in the US for the GameCube.

We have had reveals in Smash 4, for example, that have coincided with the release of a certain game, like Captain Falcon's return in Smash 4. Perhaps that picture meant nothing, but a reveal could definitely be in October or November if it happens, but I'm betting on November.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...yeah, this is just them reposting something that someone else sent them. It means nothing.

Pity, I've started to get on the Skull Kid hype train, so I'm all for him. The Moon is hands down my favorite assist already.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Wasn't there a random tweet about daisy before her confirmation? Between this and the chairs/couch in the direct skull kid is certainly looking likely.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
...yeah, this is just them reposting something that someone else sent them. It means nothing.

Pity, I've started to get on the Skull Kid hype train, so I'm all for him. The Moon is hands down my favorite assist already.
How does it mean nothing? Because someone else sent it to them? Nintendo could very well not repost it. Everyone sends pics and stuff to Nintendo all the time. If they decided to share it, it might probably be nothing, yeah… but it also MIGHT be due to some type of upcoming relevance. It doesn't matter if the post originated from them or not. Unless there is a rule written in stone that whatever they repost from someone else means nothing.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
100 PAGES IN 2 DAYS

I can't catch up with this nonsense.

Tell me there is something interesting, because I don't believe a discussion about Skull Kid, Spirit and FNAF has taken 100 pages in 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom