• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In all honesty my Gen V Pokemon of choice for Smash would be Audino and Serperior but I can't understand the hate Gothitelle is getting.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For Unova, I've been on the record about Chandelure being my preferred choice.

That being said, Sigilyph would also be really cool. Such an underrated Pokémon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Iridium

Smash Hero

That being said, Sigilyph would also be really cool. Such an underrated Pokémon.
I think I would prefer Haxorus as my go to pick.

Bisharp, Excadrill and Mienshao could work potentially too.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

I'd still definitely go with genesect, what a cool pokemon, and moveset wise it would be super unique, bug and steel aren't represented (lucario barely counts) and the different drives mechanic could be super interesting. Plus like...he's a robot bug that shoots lasers, that alone is dope as hell

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The fanfiction excerpts overlaid in the videos are from The Subspace Emissary Worlds Conquest, which is one of the longest fanfics of all time

dont ask me how i know that
Not only fanfics, but it was the longest piece of literatutre for awhile, before some other Fanfic took it's place.

Untouch

Smash Master
Apparently SUNSOFT still exists.
Which begs the question. When are we getting Mr Gimmick as a third party rep?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not only fanfics, but it was the longest piece of literatutre for awhile, before some other Fanfic took it's place.
People with too much time on their hands...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Literally woke up to just skip 10 pages talking about pokemon and goku for the 100th time, lol. I guess there's nothing new?

Enchess

Smash Lord
These Gen V suggestions are awesome. My choice would be Darmanitan, Reuniclus, or Trubbish. Switching between psychic and fire with Darmanitan could be really cool. Reuniclus' unique body gives loads of moveset potential. Trubbish would feel satisfying to win as and could have really comical moves (I imagine him reaching into his mouth and pulling out a trash ball to throw. Or for an Up-Smash have something similar to Warios fart but rising from the top of his bag)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd still definitely go with genesect, what a cool pokemon, and moveset wise it would be super unique, bug and steel aren't represented (lucario barely counts) and the different drives mechanic could be super interesting. Plus like...he's a robot bug that shoots lasers, that alone is dope as hell
Plus he would be one of the only legendaries that are viable without smashing the metagame into tiny pieces.

Personally though, I would vouch for Golurk myself.

Hebereke makes more sense.
Although I wouldn't be surprised if people actually supported Aero the Acrobat, who actually is a better-known Sunsoft mascot in the West than both, albeit obscure.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something is up with the potential new Pokemon rep though because it really surprises me that, despite all the Gen 7 Pokemon shown so far, none of them have been starters or their evolutions. Maybe they'll go all in and have Champion Kukui/Hau and have all three final evolutions, balancing it out by having really polarizing stats (Decidueye has long range but terrible close combat options, Inceniroar is super strong but slow as balls, Primarina is really fast but has a hard time killing, etc.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Literally woke up to just skip 10 pages talking about pokemon and goku for the 100th time, lol. I guess there's nothing new?
Well loz18 apparently got found out and can't make message board posts anymore.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Let’s face it, without a new direct or some big rumors, we’re just stuck in a cycle of Skull Kid, Isabelle, Pokémon and Goku.

Shadow seems to have finally worn out his appeal in debate. Geno is Geno. And the rest have random mentions here and there.

We’re starving and Sakurai hasn’t fed us. Lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sunsoft? Well, I always liked Ufouria: The Saga (Metroid-like Famicom game) so I wouldn't mind seeing Bop-Louie (known as Hebereke in Japan). That's him in the blue hat.

1534344922308.png

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Zack Fair would be a perfect echo fighter of Cloud he’s the one who gave Cloud the buster sword in the first place. Zack was also the main protagonist in the prequel of FF7. The Final Fantasy series need more representation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Are Sunsoft the Blaster Master people?

Sophia III for Smash?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let’s face it, without a new direct or some big rumors, we’re just stuck in a cycle of Skull Kid, Isabelle, Pokémon and Goku.

Shadow seems to have finally worn out his appeal in debate. Geno is Geno. And the rest have random mentions here and there.

I'm pretty sure we can find other thing to speculate on lol. Like the Spirit mode or someothing, even if it has been talked before, it hasn't been talked over 100 of times like goku and pokemon lmao

osby

Smash Obsessed

Smash fans have a ridiculous metabolism.

We can talk about new games, not that they'll be in Smash.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we can find other thing to speculate on lol. Like the Spirit mode or someothing, even if it has been talked before, it hasn't been talked over 100 of times like goku and pokemon lmao
Spirit mode has been brought up a fair amount given that we have absolutely nothing to go off of

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash fans have a ridiculous metabolism.

We can talk about new games, not that they'll be in Smash.
Or...we can talk about how :ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpit::ultduckhunt:and:ultrosalina: will all be top tier in Ultimate

Enchess

Smash Lord
At least the Pokemon talk isnt "Is it Decidueye or Incineroar?". Pokemon may come up a ton, but up until recently it was almost always in that form.

I actually still don't think we'll get a Pokemon rep, so I'd rather the conversation go to potential 1st party franchises that aren't repped yet or how to better achieve genre representation coverage. Good luck getting that conversation going though (especially because caring about representation for sake of representation is increasingly unpopular)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would love to talk about Wario characters' chances in Smash, but that's obviously not going to happen since the current state of affairs is "Ashley is dead!".

By the way, where's that avatar from? Seems unusual yet interesting.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Assuming Isabelle is unique, Cousteau could be her echo.

53C649B7-3E73-493F-B4C9-07E9AF874786.png

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Spirit mode has been brought up a fair amount given that we have absolutely nothing to go off of
I could say the same about pokemon given the amount we've talked about it and the only info the leakers have given us and nothing new about it yet. Goku…i won't even say why it's not worth talking about it anymore lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
At least the Pokemon talk isnt "Is it Decidueye or Incineroar?". Pokemon may come up a ton, but up until recently it was almost always in that form.

I actually still don't think we'll get a Pokemon rep, so I'd rather the conversation go to potential 1st party franchises that aren't repped yet or how to better achieve genre representation coverage. Good luck getting that conversation going though (especially because caring about representation for sake of representation is increasingly unpopular)
I mean, Smash For started to give more focus to other franchises, and that's one of the biggest complaints about the newcomers.

I like new franchises, but they seem to lose in a popularity contest. (nevermind we got Castevania and Splatoon)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found an old prediction roster I made and I've marked off who made it and who didn't
Ultimate (prediction 2) Roster update.png

So far only Richter has slipped me by in correct guesses. RIP Ashley and R Tingle.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So what do you guys think this other blurred thing on the right side is going to be?
smash-menu-656x369.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
For those who’ve played Animal Crossing with save files.

If Isabelle gets Neighbors as her alts, who from your town do you personally want to see?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom