• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Probably!

As an Assist Trophy.

Watch her be casually revealed in another AT montage just like Shovel Knight
In my head (I've had to say that a lot recently to keep people from thinking I'm presenting an argument and then getting mad, lol), Shovel Knight is the Indie AT while Shantae is the Indie Fighter.
As much as I would also appreciate Quote.

Shantae did come first though.
(Not like it matters.)

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I don't really understand how or why they'd have a ''Mario (Other)". It'd be a little cluttered no? There's no ''Pokemon (Other)" and I'm fairly sure it has music from various spin-offs as well, no?
I'm assuming one is dedicated to the main series and the other is for spin-offs like Mario and such. Either way, I'm sure it's just because Mario has THAT much music that they thought it'd be more efficient to the player to separate them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like Shantae as a character. I have all the games and enjoy them.

I was a backer in the kickstarter for 1/2 Genie Hero as well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Probably!

As an Assist Trophy.

Maybe they'll actually acknowledge Ashley's existence this time.

She's more popular than him in Japan, I'm not sure they'd take that too well.
Japan must be petty as hell to not appreciate the acknowledgement of her very existence as an Assist instead of nothing at all.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, not an echo.
It would take, so, so very little compared to what they've already done.
As long as Dixie (and some others) can join, her being a semi works fine
Probably!

As an Assist Trophy.

She’d get more respect than Ashley and Waluigi did
Nah guys, it's obvious.

Shantae's in, but Dixie is an echo fighter of Shantae, not Diddy.

/heavy sarcasm
Not the worst of ideas (but Dixie as a Diddy/K Rool/Shantae combo echo would be crazy)
I don't really understand how or why they'd have a ''Mario (Other)". It'd be a little cluttered no? There's no ''Pokemon (Other)" and I'm fairly sure it has music from various spin-offs as well, no?
Mario most likely has more music than everyone else

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You can just ... like... quote me. I didn't see anyone else use that wording. Lol.
Mario Kart was already in a separate category in previous games.

D

Deleted member

Given that this game has 800+ tracks, I'll be genuinely shocked if even a single stage song from across the series is left out.
I could see some of the 3rd party music (or weird stuff that Nintendo technically doesn't own like Ai No Uta) not making a return. It took me until recently to notice that Emerald Hill Zone didn't come back for Smash 4.

So long as Calling to the Night stays though, we're good.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Shantae is playable, I fully expect King K. Rool to appear in her trailer or something, 'cause pirates.

Actually... they could reveal Tetra on the same day... maybe...

I'd imagine Shantae would be the big finish, either way.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
She's more popular than him in Japan, I'm not sure they'd take that too well.
I don't think Sakurai cares. How many games did it take for both America and Japan get one of their most requested characters. (And can I get a source on that? As much as I love Shantae I find that very hard to believe)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I’m confused. If Sakurai truly did vistit both Yacht Club Games and WayForward, how come we never talked about Shantae or Shovel Knight as viable candidates? This is the first time I’m hearing about this and I don’t even know if it’s true.

The only thing I can find on the matter is this:
https://twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/650072302378315776

Is this what people refer to when they say Sakurai met with WayForward? I could have sworn that was just at a convention or something.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Shantae is playable, I fully expect King K. Rool to appear in her trailer or something, 'cause pirates....Actually...they could reveal Tetra on the same day...maybe...I'd imagine Shantae would be the big finish, either way.
Shantae in general please...then I can start having her and Toon Link battle on Pirate Ship
I’m confused. If Sakurai truly did vistit both Yacht Club Games and WayForward, how come we never talked about Shantae or Shovel Knight as viable candidates? This is the first time I’m hearing about this and I don’t even know if it’s true. It’s true he was in California, but did he really go visit them?

The only thing I can find on the matter is this:
https://twitter.com/JamesPopStar/status/650072302378315776

Is this what people refer to when they say Sakurai met with WayForward? I could have sworn that was just at a convention or something.
due to being Indy stars, Shantae and Shovel Knight weren’t considered viable (kinda a silly reason tbh)
Jesus that takes me back.
I’m pissed at how much I love this
I changed my mind, Robotnik is the Shantae echo.
I’m beyond pissed that I’m loving this idea

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe they'll actually acknowledge Ashley's existence this time.

Japan must be petty as hell to not appreciate the acknowledgement of her very existence as an Assist instead of nothing at all.
I mean, they already lost Ashley.

I really don't wanna see Dixie belly dance.
Yeah, if anything it's her sister Tiny who would have to end up doing that.

Candy makes the most sense, but she hasn't been promoted into a fighting Kong like Funky yet.

K. Rool should have been the Shantae echo, damn it.
Damn, you had to remind me of this. :p

https://www.deviantart.com/flintofmother3/art/Stuff-people-say-115-563353493

I don't think Sakurai cares. How many games did it take for both America and Japan get one of their most requested characters. (And can I get a source on that? As much as I love Shantae I find that very hard to believe)
It is at least noteworthy enough that Shantae and Rottytops got Gurumin figures.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

As promised, I made my own version of the logo, that more so matches the Sonic one.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
This is quite literally the game where the argument for two Mario categories makes the most sense, since all the music will be shared by series. Like, maybe so stuff like Mushroomy Kingdom or Mario Galaxy don't play in Mario Kart stages since that's quite a different series despite being Mario. Or maybe so we don't have a huge list to choose from. I'm not entirely sure the second icon is just for spin-offs either, but if it then we potentially see Paper Mario and Mario Circuit sharing a song list. Either way, it's really hard to tell right now

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
And? They'll get over it. I'm pretty sure most Ashley supporters here got over it.
I got over Waluigi after the first day, I'm sure they can too.
I preemptively got over her when the first 4 characters were announced, so it didn't hurt.

Then by the time K.Rool came by I was just already overwhelmed enough

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They should make Master Hand playable on purpose this time if you try and recreate that glitch from Melee.
"It's not a bug, it's a feature!!"

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Hey. Anyone think we're getting challenges back? That's the one feature from Brawl that I loved the most, I love doing stuff to unlock things and how the unlockables relate to what I did. I'd be pretty bummed if it wasn't back... (also, it's so weird that we have yet to hear anything about trophies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom