• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Oh crap people are expecting Ashley and the direct is tomorrow. Quick! Record a match with her assist trophy and put it at the end of the AT demonstration!"
I kinda fear that's going to happen characters I want in Smash.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So Ashley's AT isn't on the website, nor is she in any of the (200+) press images. Feeling more and more like she was added to the trailer last second just to prevent her fans from getting their hopes up. Which of course makes me question why only she got that treatment.
Ashley is the one true Assist Trophy fake-out.

We all thought it'd be Waluigi, but nope!

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
So I’m still new here an I was wondering.... How long will it take for stock icons to be added as emotes after a new character reveal? I wanna rep my boy King K.Rool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
-Waluigi
-Ashley
-Bomberman

Every character that was associated with Wario in some way got screwed over.
Bomberman atleast got some respect on his name. Waluigi got destroyed and Ashley was just there...only there with her red eyes waiting to kill Wario

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Isn’t the location just saying where he sent the tweet from? The picture could be old but he could have sent it from his office.

Plus he literally says in the replies that he’s just sharing a memory.
It doesn't look anything like the pictures I've seen of the Wayforward office either (I follow Mr. Bozon on twitter) so yeah.
No way is Shantae is getting in imo, Shovel Knight himself is an Assist Trophy which was considered an honor by his team, that doesn’t suddenly make her a shoe-in for the indie slot if there even is one.
This is an idea I'd kind of like the fanbase to just get off of. "Indie slot" or "Indie rep" is a fanmade criteria with no real basis. So this idea that Shantae/Shovel Knight/Quote/Sans are all competing for the same spot is bogus.

Shovel Knight got an AT, most likely because Nintendo published his game and amiibo in Japan. If, for example Shantae got into Smash, it wouldn't be that she got in over SK, because they have literally nothing to do with each other. The idea that all indies are competing for a spot is both useless in terms of speculation AND just makes fanbases hostile towards each other.

For the record, I'm not saying you think this spot exists. Just ranting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sakurai massacred Waluigi and Ashley in such a weird way.

Waluigi got to be ''YOU CAN KILL THESE GUYS NOW!"

Ashley didn't even get a label.

I think like Toad? The entire Wario supporting cast slept with his wife.
Ashley slept with Sakurai's wife...
Why don't you have a seat over there.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Ashley is the one true Assist Trophy fake-out.

We all thought it'd be Waluigi, but nope!
Hey I wouldn't mind lol. I've accepted it though. I'm not even upset really because of how crazy that direct was.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai massacred Waluigi and Ashley in such a weird way.

Waluigi got to be ''YOU CAN KILL THESE GUYS NOW!"

Ashley didn't even get a label.

I think like Toad? The entire Wario supporting cast slept with his wife.
I don't think it was that weird. He saw Waluigi as a joke character and thought everyone was in on the joke.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At least it appears that Ashley has gotten a very slight design update, in that her eyes are red.
In Smash 4 it looks like her eyes only go red while she's casting it and not while she's channeling it.

1533959661965.png

1533959685832.png

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The plot twist is Ashley was the playable character and everyone else fighting each other were assist trophies. :seuss:

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
We know they're watching us. They directly commented on Dark Samus and Chrom and how we "might have seen this coming." Putting Ash in as a soft-deconfirm makes perfect sense, but if they know we've concluded Dark Samus and Chrom are here, then they know we've concluded Shadow and Isabelle are, too. So why are they still MIA? Shadow could just be cut, of course, but I don't see the same fate for Isabelle. Not after he added Nikki as an AT.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
I don’t think that’s true. In fact, out of the 8 newcomers we’ve seen so far, only 3 are villains. The theme so far actually seems to be popular, highly requested characters. Just so happens that 3 are villains.

Skull Kid is strange because we still haven’t seen his assist trophy, which always makes me think the character was promoted. However, as we can see with Ashley, this doesn’t always play out the way we think.As for my opinion on Skull Kid, I think he missed his chance. Peak popularity was Brawl with a brief resurgence after the Majora’s Mask remaster. I don’t think we’ll see him playable.

Could be wrong though. And if I am that’s fine, with K. Rool and Ridley, I feel the roster is finally “complete.” Anything else is just a bonus.
Either Way! I do hope we finally get a Zelda newcomer who's name isn't Link Or Zelda and isn't a slow Captain Falcon wannabe!

I'm also predicting now that Skull Kid (Given the absence of the assist trophy and the loz18 leak) and Isaac From Golden Sun (Still no sign of his assist trophy and was one of the high leads on the Smash Ballot) will be featured as playable characters in the next direct!

Along with Isabella (Mainly because of the Verbagen leaks) And Shadow The Hedgehog (Now that Third Party Franchises can have other characters become echo fighters and again with the others I just talked about) as Assist Trophies (Again, I could be wrong about this)!

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Richter has different animations than Simon
Not the attack animations though, eggman wouldn't fit them both proportion wise and in terms of personality, he'd basically be a whole new character since every animation would have to be redone. and that's ignoring the problems with the moveset, Eggman summoning a fork, a tongue, boxing gloves etc would be completely wrong. Not to mention as a 3rd party character it's mad disrespectful to make him a freaking bowser jr echo fighter

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not the attack animations though, eggman's build wouldn't fit them both proportion wise and in terms of personality, he'd basically be a whole new character. and that's ignoring the problems with the moveset, Eggman summoning a fork, a tongue, boxing gloves etc would be completely wrong. Not to mention as a 3rd party character it's mad disrespectful to make him a freaking bowser jr echo fighter
He wouldn't need to summon a fork and stuff, they can change what he summons.

But, what does it matter? It's not going to happen.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

What's today's leakcount if you don't mind me asking.
Hey look that's me.

Anyways, we're at around 110 supposed leaks. I'm typing up a session with 18 now.

Also, for the sake of book-keeping, did we confirm that the second NeoGAF leak was legit or not? I have the second one logged right now, but if it's a piggyback/not authentic then I'll log the original one as well.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sakurai is such a genius, not only the whole King K Rool trailer was filled with trolling and meme potential content, but also King K's render makes it so easy to come up with stuff like this.

Shroob

Sup?
We know they're watching us. They directly commented on Dark Samus and Chrom and how we "might have seen this coming." Putting Ash in as a soft-deconfirm makes perfect sense, but if they know we've concluded Dark Samus and Chrom are here, then they know we've concluded Shadow and Isabelle are, too. So why are they still MIA? Shadow could just be cut, of course, but I don't see the same fate for Isabelle. Not after he added Nikki as an AT.
I mean, Echoes are legit generating hype at this point since they let characters who wouldn't normally get in, get in.

May as well save a few for Directs and another big content dump.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It was a lot more obvious that Dark Samus and Chrom were coming due to their respective palettes missing (Dark Samus's from Samus and Chrom's from Ike), as well as the fact the Dark Samus Assist Trophy was also missing and Robin's Final Smash being among the few not shown off. Pretty obvious bread crumbs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno if I should keep my Ridley main or switch to K Rool

toughest choice

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
*Stares at Mr. Saturn still being part of the character roster artwork, wondering what is he even doing here still…*
Oh crap, the Pikmin were holding up Mr. Saturn this whole time.

Why didn’t we see this? We look at almost all the small details and we miss this?

Shroob

Sup?
Hey look that's me.

Anyways, we're at around 110 supposed leaks. I'm typing up a session with 18 now.

Also, for the sake of book-keeping, did we confirm that the second NeoGAF leak was legit or not? I have the second one logged right now, but if it's a piggyback/not authentic then I'll log the original one as well.
Neogaf leak?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I mean, Echoes are legit generating hype at this point since they let characters who wouldn't normally get in, get in.

May as well save a few for Directs and another big content dump.
Certainly, they wouldn't announce every newcomer at once just because we guessed them right. But I think, if we guessed them wrong, and are starting to build hype over them, like we did Ashley, they would disconfirm them in the same way they did her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh crap, the Pikmin were holding up Mr. Saturn this whole time.

Why didn’t we see this? We look at almost all the small details and we miss this?
Did people actually miss this? The Pikmin were always carrying him.

Shroob

Sup?
Certainly, they wouldn't announce every newcomer at once just because we guessed them right. But I think, if we guessed them wrong, and are starting to build hype over them, like we did Ashley, they would disconfirm them in the same way they did her.
Oh you clever *******.

That's an interesting idea.

Sakurai is trying to steer us to correct guesses.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wanted Dark Samus but even with the hints I wasn't quite sold. She was always that one character I really wanted but didn't believe would happen. I can't believe Metroid got two characters. With Prime 4 approaching I'm guessing next year, if they do DLC, Sylux could happen as well. Ultimate is the best Metroid has been treated by Smash easily.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They’re rigged on the same skeleton though. You couldn’t rig Eggman to Bowser Jr it wouldn’t work or make any sense.
Baby Eggman confirmed
I dunno if I should keep my Ridley main or switch to K Rool

toughest choice
Both
At least it appears that Ashley has gotten a very slight design update, in that her eyes are red.
In Smash 4 it looks like her eyes only go red while she's casting it and not while she's channeling it.

View attachment 157004
View attachment 157005
And that’s all she gets to have
I wanted Dark Samus but even with the hints I wasn't quite sold. She was always that one character I really wanted but didn't believe would happen. I can't believe Metroid got two characters. With Prime 4 approaching I'm guessing next year, if they do DLC, Sylux could happen as well. Ultimate is the best Metroid has been treated by Smash easily.
and to think Brawl used to have the best Metroid treatment...not anymore

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It’s kinda sad actually.

All the Ashley fans were joking around how she would be inevitable for the August direct only to have her disconfirmed in that direct without given a proper label like everyone else.

I just hope this doesn’t happen to any of my wants (Isaac, Lycanroc, I was scared that they were going to show them off as Assists and Pokeballs). Or any for that matter.

Though I guess this is speculators. Not everything is what they seem.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Btw My brazilian friend told me that Richter was more recognizable in Spanish countries than Simon.

a Brazilian site actualy wrote an article explaining who simon was because most BRs that played castlevania played the PSX one and NES games were not big there. They refered to him as "that Conan the barbarian-ish fellow"

Richter was honestly a good call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom