• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
DkFWg2RU4AE2Z6P.jpg

I'm not banking on this being the final shape of the roster(Though it could be), but there's one issue here, speculation of course.

If Echo Fighters 'have' to be next to their originals, then we come into a problem with Villager and the supposed Isabelle claim. Unless either Dixie or Shadow aren't in, or there's a 3rd Echo up there(Impa, maybe?), then Villager would be pushed to the end of his column, seperating him from Isabelle.

I don't think the Final Roster is going to have 7-8 rows of 10 characters obviously, it'd be way too crowded, but just a speculation thought, since this is the closest look at 'what the css may look like' that we've gotten.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
This would please me immensely.

View attachment 156965

#00: Team Rocket

Prepare for trouble! And make it double! Jessie, James, and Meowth have finally arrived in Super Smash Bros.! This troublemaking trio is ready to battle, but it looks like they don’t do their fighting directly. Instead, Meowth will team up with Arbok and Weezing to do the fighting for them!

View attachment 156970
They could even have the gimmick of 100% Star KO rate when they get knocked off the stage (We're blasting off agaaaaain!)

Jigglypuff then finds herself not being punished for hitting rest...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They are probably saving that for DLC

Dry Bowser, $20
It could be worse, DOA5 in general had a bunch of DLC costumes that let the fighters dress up as characters from various unrelated series and games.

Including Popful Mail, of all things.

This would please me immensely.

View attachment 156965

#00: Team Rocket

Prepare for trouble! And make it double! Jessie, James, and Meowth have finally arrived in Super Smash Bros.! This troublemaking trio is ready to battle, but it looks like they don’t do their fighting directly. Instead, Meowth will team up with Arbok and Weezing to do the fighting for them!

View attachment 156970
Top tier ideas right here. Tbh X&Y anime kinda burnt me out on Team Rocket, but this particular idea would be incredible.
You know what, it's not that crazy since Pokémon Let's Go is a remake of Yellow, so they actually have more traction now. Plus it's the best way to have Meowth in without anyone crying foul.

Also, Meowth saying their defeat catch phrase by himself in a Star KO would be hilarious.

So...

Loz18 is still around actually!!!

He said that there's no info about Isabell being in and that Spirits is a mode that he has no ideal about...

So yeah!
So there we have it, looks like we still don't know if Isabelle will make it in any capacity.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Black Shadow - Ganondorf Echo with Captain Falcon's animations (so... Falcondorf)
I have the feeling that is the real way that Black Shadow will show up. Like even if I pull the break on my Deathborn hype train, that's honestly what we should expect/

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They're always next to each other, unless you choose to merge them, it seems.

Black Shadow - Ganondorf Echo with Captain Falcon's animations (so... Falcondorf)​
Black Knight - Ike Echo with Double-Edge Dance (as Eclipse) and Warp.​
Medusa - Palutena Echo with Disable.​
Shadow - Sonic Echo with Teleport (as Chaos Control) and a variation of Palutena Bow (as Chaos Spear)​
Emolga - Pichu Echo with Peach's floating.​
Zoroark - Wolf Echo with Lucario elements​
New Echo I mentally stumbled upon:
Tetra - Toon Link echo with... um... *shrug*​
I was talking about the Black Shadow thing in the writer's discord recently and I really like the idea of Falcondorf coming back as an actual Falcon echo, haha.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ok, list of characters that I want. Hmm.

Already got Ridley and King K. Rool. Waluigi has been deconfirmed so a pity there but oh well, maybe next time. Characters left, I would say:

1.- Geno
2.- Custom Robo Rep (Any of the Ray Fighters or a new one for Smash, it depends)
3.- Shadow The Hedgehog (ε).

And that is pretty much it. Any other is extra and could be cool if implemented right. I am not that picky. If the character looks cool and fun to play then that is fine.

:bowser:.

MainJPW

M.T.A
People complain about the number of Gokus in FighterZ but Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had:
Goku (Early)
Goku (Mid) | Goku (Super Saiyan, Mid)
Goku (End) | Goku (Super Saiyan, End) | Goku (Super Saiyan 2) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, End)
Goku (GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
Goku (Kid) | Goku (Great Ape)
Vegito | Vegito (Super Saiyan)
Gogeta (Super Saiyan) | Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4)

At least the Gokus we have in FighterZ are all a lot more different than these guys.
The Goku's in Fighterz have more worthwhile differences than all the characters in Tenkaichi 3.
They're always next to each other, unless you choose to merge them, it seems.

Black Shadow - Ganondorf Echo with Captain Falcon's animations (so... Falcondorf)​
Black Knight - Ike Echo with Double-Edge Dance (as Eclipse) and Warp.​
Medusa - Palutena Echo with Disable.​
Shadow - Sonic Echo with Teleport (as Chaos Control) and a variation of Palutena Bow (as Chaos Spear)​
Emolga - Pichu Echo with Peach's floating.​
Zoroark - Wolf Echo with Lucario elements​
New Echo I mentally stumbled upon:
Tetra - Toon Link echo with... um... *shrug*​
Tetra as a Toon Link echo... hmm...

I mean, I'd take it but wouldn't she need a sword like Links? The Cutlass wouldn't look right.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
It's dependent on how many Sakurai wants. Going off of who's left you could possibly do:
- Isabelle
- Dixie
- Shadow
- Ken

Off the top of my head that's in the high range. In the lower ranges you got

- Ninten (could end up getting Alph'd)
- Giygas
- Louie (still mad they did my boy Alph dirty AGAIN)
- Ms. PAC-MAN (could end up getting Alph'd)
I could also see Impa, Yarn Yoshi, Black Shadow, Hilda, Dry Bowser, and even potentially and echo of an as yet revealed character since that can apparently happen. I'm sure there are other options I'm not considering as well.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I was talking about the Black Shadow thing in the writer's discord recently and I really like the idea of Falcondorf coming back as an actual Falcon echo, haha.
Honestly Falcondorf fits Black Shadow more than it did Ganondorf...

I still do think just an echo for the franchise would be really mean spirited at this point to be honest

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes, Falcondorf can finally come back as Black Shadow so we can finally get Project Ganondorf.
Hahaha, it's never happening :c

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You also forgot Impa. :(
Oh yeah. I don't believe in her potential as an Echo but we'll see.

I mean, Ganon's old smash attacks have been removed. He could just use those.

I have the feeling that is the real way that Black Shadow will show up. Like even if I pull the break on my Deathborn hype train, that's honestly what we should expect/
You say that like we're supposed to expect anything else.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would argue Crabominable could take that title.
That reminds me, Gamefreak said they expect to see Crabrawler a lot in competitions.

Maybe the competition they were talking about wasn't Pokemon

Crabrawler scuttles in!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 156978

I'm not banking on this being the final shape of the roster(Though it could be), but there's one issue here, speculation of course.

If Echo Fighters 'have' to be next to their originals, then we come into a problem with Villager and the supposed Isabelle claim. Unless either Dixie or Shadow aren't in, or there's a 3rd Echo up there(Impa, maybe?), then Villager would be pushed to the end of his column, seperating him from Isabelle.

I don't think the Final Roster is going to have 7-8 rows of 10 characters obviously, it'd be way too crowded, but just a speculation thought, since this is the closest look at 'what the css may look like' that we've gotten.
My main problem right now is what our options for organizing the roster will be. I hope that there's an option that sorts fighters by series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
View attachment 156978

It's because Isabelle isn't an echo. ~~

Verge has gotten pretty much everyone he said right and every one of them has been unique.

He hasn't gotten a single echo in his leaks.

So why would Isabelle suddenly be the one echo he knows about?

Iridium

Smash Hero
That reminds me, Gamefreak said they expect to see Crabrawler a lot in competitions.

Crabrawler scuttles in!
Remember that crazy Wurmple leak? We all knew it was fake, but some people really wanted to see it happen afterwards!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Crabrawler scuttles in!
You have no idea how down I'd be for a crab fighter

That's what I meant by that...
My bad then. Guess that's my karma for both of us misinterpreting the other.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Goku's in Fighterz have more worthwhile differences than all the characters in Tenkaichi 3.
You forgot the "Combined". :laugh:
Tetra as a Toon Link echo... hmm...

I mean, I'd take it but wouldn't she need a sword like Links? The Cutlass wouldn't look right.
A Cutlass isn't that different from a Short Sword, in terms of game logic.

She's have to lose the Bow, but what do you replace it with? *think emote*

Also, Ravio as a Young Link Echo (also, a missed keystroke pointed out to me that it should be "Rabio" as in, "Rabbit", 'cause he has a Rabbit hood).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So… If Shovel Knight is ruled out as the indie character we could've gotten as playable… What other indie character with high demand do you think could be the lucky one? I honestly think Shantae would be the one (plus whatever that codename leak was about, which i think it's fake but it talked about ponytail as one of them, and somehow i don't think it meant Dixie…)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You forgot the "Combined". :laugh:

A Cutlass isn't that different from a Short Sword, in terms of game logic.

She's have to lose the Bow, but what do you replace it with? *think emote*

Also, Ravio as a Young Link Echo (also, a missed keystroke pointed out to me that it should be "Rabio" as in, "Rabbit", 'cause he has a Rabbit hood).
Is there some kind of reason she's unable to use a bow?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's because Isabelle isn't an echo. ~~

Verge has gotten pretty much everyone he said right and every one of them has been unique.

He hasn't gotten a single echo in his leaks.

So why would Isabelle suddenly be the one echo he knows about?
Honestly, starting to feel that way myself if this is the case.

But something just doesn't sit right either.

Dark Samus gets a short end of the stick, but Isabelle gets an entirely new moveset?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Y'know, maybe we won't get a Xenoblade rep for base game?

Sakurai bringing up the amount of stages really seems like a giveaway that it's the final stage roster for until DLC.

Why would he have given a number if it's not the full one?

Why does this deny a Xenoblade rep? Because unless they're from the first game, the rep would NEED a stage representing the game they're in.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My main problem right now is what our options for organizing the roster will be. I hope that there's an option that sorts fighters by series.
Sakurai made a point of arranging the stages just like the characters, being chronologically. Pretty safe to say that's how the roster is looking. If there's an option, which I also hope, that's great, but I don't think it's a problem given the nature of the game (it's heavily emphasizing the historical nature of Smash in terms of content).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai made a point of arranging the stages just like the characters, being chronologically. Pretty safe to say that's how the roster is looking. If there's an option, which I also hope, that's great, but I don't think it's a problem given the nature of the game (it's heavily emphasizing the historical nature of Smash in terms of content).
Still, you would think that sorting the roster by series would make it look cleaner.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wonder how different speculation would be if people took Verg and Loz out of the equation and talked about Isabelle's (and the other's) chances outside the context of leaks...

EDIT:
Oh god loool
I meant recent discourse, sorry guys.

Isabelle is a well loved and popular character regardless.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I wouldn't mind it too much as long as we get the glorious Wakamoto voicing him, and if a second character can join at the same time.
So we could finally have Jotaro and Dio in the game???

Because Matt Mercher played Jotaro in the Anime Dub and Wakamoto was Dio in the Drama CD's

Starry

Smash Rookie
I really hope that they do an Octopath Traveler stage as DLC. That game is just tooooo pretty not to be a stage!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Is there some kind of reason she's unable to use a bow?
No.
Wait.
Toon Zelda uses a bow. It's like the one thing she does.

Damn my brain. WIND WAKER IS MY FAVOURITE ZELDA AND I FORGOT THIS! :laugh:

Give her a Light Arrow, it flies far and fast, and it's arc doesn't decay.
You have no idea how down I'd be for a crab fighter.
Craaaab People. Craaaab People. Taste like Crab. Talk like People.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom