• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh.

But how many total Geno supporters did you count however?
ATM it's 87 total, but 85 confirmed.

I didn't even keep a supporter list until around E3. I don't really like using supporter lists because people kinda use it as a "**** measuring contest". The thing is, Brawl showed me it doesn't actually matter how big it is, because thread length or huge supporter lists don't get the character in Smash. BUT, the people in my thread kept asking for it, so I added one

KMDP

Smash Legend
The thing is, A LOT of King K. Rool supporters seem to jump over to Isaac.

But the fact that Geno only has 82 confuses me a little. Isn’t he supposed to be more popular than Isaac? Obviously, Geno seems to be very popular, but Isaac has A LOT of vocal support.

Geno seems to take a bit of a back seat when it comes to these things.
Actually, most of the K. Rool supporters jumped to Banjo. Isaac went up by ~30 since last count, Banjo went up by 140!

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I know I’m late but whatever I like my list. I want:

Isaac
Bandana Dee
Geno
Banjo
Masked Man
Chorus Kids
Skull Kid
Isabelle (e)
Black Shadow (e)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Has it been already talked about if there is fear for Stage morph to cause a lot of lag or something?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I also forgot to mention Black Shadow in an Echo thing, whoops.

I'm Curious as to how many people here want Sora in smash.
I still recall the director saying no, but since I already got my one-and-only obliterated I don't really care who gets in unless it's stupid like Roy/Corrin.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We're getting 63 echo fighters.
We're DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 now

in that the roster is huge and a lot of them are kinda the same character

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This has been bothering me for a while... Is there a possibility of Meta Ridley being an Echo instead of an alt? It's weird he was missing from the demo, but then again he's seen in the website. If he's an Echo I get why he wouldn't be shown in the trailer since he's revived Ridley.
Both missing alts in the demo are now Echoes, but that's grasping at straws.

Imagine a timeline with five Metroid characters tho

MainJPW

M.T.A
I dont care SA1 was more enjoyable to me. Sonic 1 is zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Final Rush is incredible stage filled with multiple path ways and using sonic abilities to the best. If you understand SA2 mechanics well, Final rush is a blast to play through. Its what a 3D sonic stage should be.
Wish I could agree, but It's rails suspended over a bottomless pit. It's on the same level as Rail Canyon.
Its hilarious that SA2 gets **** on and yet CD is just as flawed but whatever "Adventure game are bad lol MEMES XD"
My legit criticism of the Adventure games is written off as "lol memes" like I'm the Game Grumps. K cool.

I love Sonic Adventure. It's ingrained in my brain.

problem with boost is that its expensive to make all those assets for it when your just going to pass through the whole stage within in a minute.

they shouldn't depend on it if there going to run into issues like this. Funny enough generations was going to be the last boost game but i guess Boom failure and Lost World criticisms scared them back sadly.
That's not even the half of it. I'll quote what I said a month ago.

Tad late response but I think another problem with the Boost formula is its effect on level design. 3D platforming is largely an afterthought to the Boost formula's game design and that becomes very obvious whenever the gameplay steps away from high-speed thrills and spectacle and makes it the focus. Whatever flow the Boost gameplay establishes with its consistently fast-paced nature falls apart due to how clunky and choppy the controls are at slower speeds and how rudimentary the level design shows itself to be when it's not tailored towards moving as fast as possible.
In the classics and Mania the Spindash has actual downsides that means it's not always the best choice for going achieving speed, but because you need to come to a stop and charge it, you need to decide when that extra burst of speed is going to save time in the long run or if you're better off just continuing to run.

Because the Spin Dash puts you into a rolling state you need to decide whether if it's worth putting yourself more at the mercy of the terrain or staying on your feet so you can manually accelerate (or take the risk of Spindashing and find an opportunity to hop to your feet). You need to think ahead regarding loops and wall/ceiling runs because you can't Spin Dash if you aren't on the ground. Because the Spin Dash isn't always available or ideal, nor is it how you reach the fastest speeds, other game mechanics like the slope physics and various level gimmicks have time to shine. It's about balance.

Meanwhile, if you want to go fast in a Boost game, just press boost. That's it. That's always the right answer. It's essentially instant, continuous top speed at the press of a button, usable in almost any situation, for only the cost of some fuel that the game almost constantly throws at you.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
How about this lineup for Zelda?
:ultlink:
:ultzelda:
Twili Midna as Zelda echo (with a different model for Phantom like a Zant head or idk)
:ultsheik:
SS Impa as Sheik echo
:ultganondorf:
:ultyounglink:
:ulttoonlink:
Skull Kid

Every console Zelda is covered here, as well as most games aside from Awakening, the Oracles and Minish Cap (I think...).

This has been bothering me for a while... Is there a possibility of Meta Ridley being an Echo instead of an alt? It's weird he was missing from the demo, but then again he's seen in the website. If he's an Echo I get why he wouldn't be shown in the trailer since he's revived Ridley.
Both missing alts in the demo are now Echoes, but that's grasping at straws.

Imagine a timeline with five Metroid characters tho
If this happens, can we get Alph promoted to Echo instead of being the lone alt character?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess it's still possible to get Skull Kid or Impa, but I kinda of doubt we're going to get both. I know they aren't related since Impa would be an echo and Skull Kid would be unique. Probably.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
If this happens, can we get Alph promoted to Echo instead of being the lone alt character?
Could also leave Alph as a costume and add a Louie Echo with one of the other captains as an alt costume. 4 Pikmin captains for the price of one and a half.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Maybe we're getting unlockable alternate outfits? For characters like Ike, Wario and Little Mac this would mean they can get 8 versions of each costume.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guess it's still possible to get Skull Kid or Impa, but I kinda of doubt we're going to get both. I know they aren't related since Impa would be an echo and Skull Kid would be unique. Probably.
Impa has potential to be unique. She also has potential to be an echo, though. And because of that everyone kinda defaults to "echo".
I've kinda psyched myself up in my head that Skull Kid would probably make for an awesome boss fight, which either sets me up to be impressed with the boss fight, excited that it actually ended up playable... or sad it's not a boss fight (and still just an AT), which I'd be okay with ultimately.

He could be both playable, and a boss (so, like a normal fight but probably with some kind of gimmick).
Like Ganondorf might end up being.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe we're getting unlockable alternate outfits? For characters like Ike, Wario and Little Mac this would mean they can get 8 versions of each costume.
They are probably saving that for DLC

Dry Bowser, $20

KMDP

Smash Legend
We're getting 63 echo fighters.
We're DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 now

in that the roster is huge and a lot of them are kinda the same character
People complain about the number of Gokus in FighterZ but Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had:
Goku (Early)
Goku (Mid) | Goku (Super Saiyan, Mid)
Goku (End) | Goku (Super Saiyan, End) | Goku (Super Saiyan 2) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, End)
Goku (GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
Goku (Kid) | Goku (Great Ape)
Vegito | Vegito (Super Saiyan)
Gogeta (Super Saiyan) | Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4)

At least the Gokus we have in FighterZ are all a lot more different than these guys.
Impa has potential to be unique. She also has potential to be an echo, though. And because of that everyone kinda defaults to "echo".
I've kinda psyched myself up in my head that Skull Kid would probably make for an awesome boss fight, which either sets me up to be impressed with the boss fight, excited that it actually ended up playable... or sad it's not a boss fight (and still just an AT), which I'd be okay with ultimately.
Impa as a Sheik Echo with Ike elements. :laugh:

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sakurai truly can't please everyone. Tragic.
This would please me immensely.

1533949223522.jpeg

#00: Team Rocket

Prepare for trouble! And make it double! Jessie, James, and Meowth have finally arrived in Super Smash Bros.! This troublemaking trio is ready to battle, but it looks like they don’t do their fighting directly. Instead, Meowth will team up with Arbok and Weezing to do the fighting for them!

1533950792465.jpeg

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Honestly, I'm just fine with whatever gets her in the game, though I would love for her to be unique. I really want a Hyrule Warriors-inspired moveset.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
So...

Loz18 is still around actually!!!

He said that there's no info about Isabell being in and that Spirits is a mode that he has no ideal about...

So yeah!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People complain about the number of Gokus in FighterZ but Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had:
Goku (Early)
Goku (Mid) | Goku (Super Saiyan, Mid)
Goku (End) | Goku (Super Saiyan, End) | Goku (Super Saiyan 2) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, End)
Goku (GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 3, GT) | Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
Goku (Kid) | Goku (Great Ape)
Vegito | Vegito (Super Saiyan)
Gogeta (Super Saiyan) | Gogeta (Super Saiyan 4)

At least the Gokus we have in FighterZ are all a lot more different than these guys.

Impa as a Sheik Echo with Ike elements. :laugh:
Honestly, I'm just fine with whatever gets her in the game, though I would love for her to be unique. I really want a Hyrule Warriors-inspired moveset.
Ike Echo with Sheik elements.
She's got a big sword, and also needles and an explosion teleportation up special.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

View attachment 156965

Prepare for trouble! And make it double! Jessie, James, and Meowth have finally arrived in Super Smash Bros.! This troublemaking trio is ready to battle, but it looks like they don’t do their fighting directly. Instead, Meowth will team up with Arbok and Weezing to do the fighting for them!

View attachment 156970
Top tier ideas right here. Tbh X&Y anime kinda burnt me out on Team Rocket, but this particular idea would be incredible.

Shroob

Sup?
He's a thought.

Do Echo Fighters have to be directly next to their original fighter, or can there be a line break between them? So far in every image that shows off what a mock-up of the current roster looks like, they're almost always next to one another.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's a thought.

Do Echo Fighters have to be directly next to their original fighter, or can there be a line break between them? So far in every image that shows off what a mock-up of the current roster looks like, they're almost always next to one another.
They are next to each other on the site, and they stack with a selected option. I think they will be next to the character they are based on

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 156965

View attachment 156970
I will never get over how Meowth doesn't seem to talk in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
Top 10 missed opportunities, then again the whole game is a missed opportunity.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'l be over here supporting Hilda as a Zelda Echo. Now with 40% more stolen Palutena tilts!

To talk music, I hope the Aria of Sorrow remix is as awesome as Harmony of Despair's rendition.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

View attachment 156965

View attachment 156970
Jeez yes, I have been supporting them my whole life.

But I would rather have Victreebel instead of Weezing. Sure Weezing can be made to work but Victreebel would be much less awkward. And I need victory poses with Victreebel swallowing James.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jeez yes, I have been supporting them my whole life.

But I would rather have Victreebel instead of Weezing. Sure Weezing can be made to work but Victreebel would be much less awkward. And I need victory poses with Victreebel swallowing James.
Victreebell is actually the ugliest Pokemon of all time.
It's eyes are under it's mouth that's disturbing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He's a thought.

They're always next to each other, unless you choose to merge them, it seems.
Actually, I'm not gonna lie;
I want to see more hybrid echos like Chrom apparently is.
Black Shadow - Ganondorf Echo with Captain Falcon's animations (so... Falcondorf)​
Black Knight - Ike Echo with Double-Edge Dance (as Eclipse) and Warp.​
Medusa - Palutena Echo with Disable.​
Shadow - Sonic Echo with Teleport (as Chaos Control) and a variation of Palutena Bow (as Chaos Spear)​
Emolga - Pichu Echo with Peach's floating.​
Zoroark - Wolf Echo with Lucario elements​
New Echo I mentally stumbled upon:
Tetra - Toon Link echo with... um... *shrug*​

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wrong.
Angry reacts only
Just kidding. I don't actually care enough. It is kinda ugly, though, despite me liking the Pokemon.

Whoa, wait, what’s this about a new rumor?
oof
I don't think there was actually a new rumor?
I think someone mentioned something of the sort and then a bunch of people went "RUMOR??????" but I don't think it was actually a thing, considering nobody seems to be able to come up with a source for it. Or, nobody is looking :wario:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom