• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Poipole is a UB, not a Psudeo Legendary.
The psuedo legendaries are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o.
It was a joke, because the best Pokemon of all time is Poipole.
Iv'e been playing Pokemon for a decade, I know who the psuedo legends are...

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Then how did you manage to mistake Poipole for one?
Alright, you said "How can Hydreigon be the best Unova Pokemon when it's competing with the best Pokemon overall?"
clearly referencing Chandelure. However, since Poipole is my favorite Pokemon, I made a joke about how Hydreigon doesn't have to compete with the best Pokemon (Poipole) because I like them both. Get it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My main want
Geno

Other wants
Skull Kid
Dixie
Dillon

Other than that, I don't think I care. If Geno somehow gets in, I wouldn't even mind if none of the others do.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Heck, if they needed a lazy Gen 5 pick, making Zoroark a Wolf clone could work. Just change the animation for neutral special so it's not a gun shot and is some kind of dark energy pulse, and then change the Final Smash. It's not ideal, and Zoroark would look weird doing some of Wolf's kicking moves, but it'd be better than Gothitelle.
Yeah, i don't like Gothitelle as a Pokemon. Lol.
I promise I was just talking about rounding out the older gens.

That Zoroark idea isn't bad, lol.

D

Deleted member

Alright, you said "How can Hydreigon be the best Unova Pokemon when it's competing with the best Pokemon overall?"
clearly referencing Chandelure. However, since Poipole is my favorite Pokemon, I made a joke about how Hydreigon doesn't have to compete with the best Pokemon (Poipole) because I like them both. Get it?
Ah, damn it. I don't know how I missed that, my bad.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I think the chance of a non-gen 7 pokemon is rather low. But I still hope gardevoir gets in then. Otherwise Incineroar is the best gen 7 starter so i'm down for him. Also Lusamine. I stand by my Dissidia Yuna-Esque character idea for her but i doubt it'd ever happen.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, i don't like Gothitelle as a Pokemon. Lol.
I promise I was just talking about rounding out the older gens.

That Zoroark idea isn't bad, lol.
I actually kinda like Gothitelle, but only because it was on my team in my Black Nuzlocke. It's far from my favorite Pokemon. Rounding out the other generations would be awesome though.

D

Deleted member

If each gen got a newcomer, who would you pick?
My choices would be:
Kanto: Gengar
Johto: Scizor
Hoenn: Probably Gardevoir since my favorites of this gen are too big
Sinnoh: Staraptor
Unova: Chandelure
Kalos: Tyrantrum or Hawlucha
Alola: Decidueye

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sonic 1 definitely has some questionable design choices, but Green Hill Zone and Spring Yard Zone are still better than the entirety of Adventure 1. Zipping through wide open levels, momentum is key, you need to reach new heights and make progress throughout a level. Sonic 1 at least has a compelling and well-made engine even if levels like Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone are ill-equipped in showing that off.

In SA1 the Homing Attack is a great addition because it removes the need for precise movement in a 3d environment, but the controls are janky, levels are full of padding, set pieces and automation that rip control away from the player and the Light Speed Dash in this game is terrible. Sonic is the only fun character and everyone else plays like ****. I don't fault the game for being what it is, it's the first 3D game and released in 1998.
I dont care SA1 was more enjoyable to me. Sonic 1 is zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Adventure 2 is linear and relies too heavily on automated set pieces, style over substance level design, and non-organic pathways like trails of enemies and Light Dash Rings suspended over bottomless pits. Emerald Radar from the first game is gimped, Mad Space is the worst level in existence, and mech stages are boring.

And--

You must be joking about Final Rush; it's literally just packed with stuff that restricts the player's way to get around them, all while suspending the level over a bottomless pit with your main way of traversing the level being grinding rails.

Final Chase is much better since it at least adds some flexibility, but it's still full of those weird buggy gravity cylinders. These levels are both simultaneously gimmicky and out of place as a whole.
Final Rush is incredible stage filled with multiple path ways and using sonic abilities to the best. If you understand SA2 mechanics well, Final rush is a blast to play through. Its what a 3D sonic stage should be.

Sonic CD on the other hand is just not fun.
This is bad level design and i dully recognize it just by looking at it.

you can run straight through quartz quadrant in under a minute but you'll only see a quarter of the stage, you're expected to explore every route to find the badnik teleporter and metal sonic hologram but its such a mess because you NEED to see most of the level in CD to find them in the first place but CD level design does everything it can to prevent you.

then you've wacky workbench, whose gimmick is "the bottom floor shoots you to the top of the level every few seconds, and all the high areas are dead ends you need to climb back down" and of course hazards with no way of knowing is there so you're just constantly being hit by enemies and hazards EVERYWHERE

because having game do everything it can to prevent the player from doing anything is definitely a sign of good game design am I right?
also future maps were a huge waste of dev time. you're barely ever going to bother
"aw sweet i made a good future in this act time to time travel TWICE and get two 1 Ups :yeahboi:"

Its hilarious that SA2 gets **** on and yet CD is just as flawed but whatever "Adventure game are bad lol MEMES XD"

I thought you were joking at first. I still enjoy playing Sonic 1-3. Sure there are a few aspects that I think could use updating, but overall it's still a blast.

Did I see you say the Sonic Adventure Battle games were better? Or were you talking about something different? Those games completely lost me (and turned the franchise in a really weird direction in my opinion)

I'd still be down for Shadow though. But I'd take OG Metal Sonic over Shadow any day!!
I prefer the weird direction the series had in the 2000s. Adventure games had a fine formula. Just give it a proper physics engine and a proper collision engine and some polishing and you can make a fine sonic game. Add some big explorable levels along with a hubworld filled with Yakuza sub stories and minigames plus chao garden so you can spend all the rings you collect for a good amount of side content.

Im tired of boost games and classic games. its heartless and expensive to make and the other is just milking the nostalgia sonic team created 25 years ago instead of moving on like should be.

Also i dont think Metal sonic can canonically spin dash but then again knuckles can homing attack now.

Either way Shadow is 100% playable

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We're discussing Pokemon types here?

Dragon: Kommo-O, Goodra, or Dragonite
Poison: Toxicroak
Ground: Garchomp
Ghost: Gengar
Bug: Scizor
Ice: Weavile or Alolan Sandslash
Fairy: Gardevoir
Rock: Tyranitar

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ridley and K Rool in the game makes it feel so surreal.

Imagine what it'd feel like with them and Geno

It'd be the game Brawl SHOULD have been
Nah, we need Isaac too.

It’s like the whole Brawl speculation family is back once again, but PLAYABLE!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we get SIX more characters:
- Geno
- Skull Kid
- Dixie (Echo)
- That Gen 7 Electric Cat Pokemon they haven't distributed yet
- Shadow (Echo)
- Isabelle

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Did you see the Snorlax scene? That was pretty dang dark.

That's mainly what caught my eye. Drained that Snorlax dry.
Yeah, that scene was awesome.

Buzzwole in Smash would be totally fine by me. We don't have too many health drain/restore moves in Smash so far...

---

Are we doing most wanted role calls again? Okay
Ooh, I'll never pass up a chance to do mine. Top 6 now that we got all those reveals? (How weird is it to do a top 6 without K.Rool or Ridley?)
  1. Dovahkiin
  2. Urbosa
  3. Tails
  4. Skull Kid
  5. Ivy (Soul Calibur)
  6. Spring Man
QUESTION
Since the SSS has 6 empty slots left, What do you think those 6 stages are?
  1. High Hrothgar, or realistically anything from Skyrim
  2. Pac-Maze returning
  3. Tetris
  4. Rainbow Road as in MK8 - the N64 version.
  5. Frantic Factory (DK64)
  6. ...remember that one fake leak from Sm4sh era that said a weirdly serene underwater stage from Endless Ocean? I still think that was a great idea.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sakurai truly can't please everyone. Tragic.
It's even more tragic when the following continues to be neglected...
  1. The DK Rap still skips the Lanky Kong and Chunky Kong segments.
  2. Takashi Nagasako still isn't voicing Donkey Kong.
  3. Katsumi Suzuki still isn't voicing Diddy Kong.
  4. Kenny James still isn't voicing Bowser.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My choices would be:
K: :106:
J: :245:
H: Ludicolo
S: Dusknoir
U: Bisharp
KL: Aegislash
A: B U Z Z W O L E

Noipoi

Howdy!
My choices would be:
Kanto: Lapras is the best one but it wouldn't work so Gengar
Johto: Ampharos
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Noivern
Alola: Incineroar, though any Gen 7 mon is fine by me. Also Poipole as a Pokeball summon.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Is anyone else starting to seriously entertain the idea that maybe we'll get a vast majority of the newcomers from the Mii costumes with a few extras like Simon and Ridley?
K.K. could be an Isabelle Echo depending on how they implement her (most, if not all, Animal Crossing characters could be Villager Echoes anyway). Black Knight as an Ike Echo or Assist. Lloyd and Heihachi like one of the still alive rumors/leaks, just like Skull Kid.

On a side not, I don't think I could contain my salt if they keep doing Mii costume DLC and not for regular characters.

Last edited:

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice

Well I'm happy for you guys, all you Ridley fans, Castlevania and King K Rool diehards.

Wonder how big the roster will be in future games..

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
3 more unique fightets .

From rumors. Skull kid. Incineroar and heihachi.

Ok. Sounds fine to me. I hope for dlc of remaining missing stages and new echos.

And some more new characters.

D

Deleted member

Johto: Politoed
Hoenn: Deoxys
Sinnoh: Weavile
Unova: Zoroark
Kalos: Eternal Floette (If this isn't allowed because it was never released, Goomy)
Alola: Buzzwole

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Has anyone seen Noipoi Noipoi recently?

After the direct she/he? have stopped appearing here on the boards lately.

I hope the Ashley disconfirmation didn’t hit her/him too hard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, that scene was awesome.

Starting in Brawl would have been a terrible thing. :metaknight:

Look at who's liking posts before you say they disappeared, lad.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
3 more unique fightets .

From rumors. Skull kid. Incineroar and heihachi.

Ok. Sounds fine to me. I hope for dlc of remaining missing stages and new echos.

And some more new characters.
So according to these rumors, the final roster would be Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K Rool, Skull Kid, Incineroar and Heihachi.
A little sad because no Geno, but all in all this roster would be insane!
I'm not believing it though.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I dont care SA1 was more enjoyable to me. Sonic 1 is zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Final Rush is incredible stage filled with multiple path ways and using sonic abilities to the best. If you understand SA2 mechanics well, Final rush is a blast to play through. Its what a 3D sonic stage should be.

Sonic CD on the other hand is just not fun.
This is bad level design and i dully recognize it just by looking at it.

you can run straight through quartz quadrant in under a minute but you'll only see a quarter of the stage, you're expected to explore every route to find the badnik teleporter and metal sonic hologram but its such a mess because you NEED to see most of the level in CD to find them in the first place but CD level design does everything it can to prevent you.

You do realize that the traditional 50 rings option is available right? You don't have to find the generators.

then you've wacky workbench, whose gimmick is "the bottom floor shoots you to the top of the level every few seconds, and all the high areas are dead ends you need to climb back down" and of course hazards with no way of knowing is there so you're just constantly being hit by enemies and hazards EVERYWHERE

A couple of bad levels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Many bad playstyles

because having game do everything it can to prevent the player from doing anything is definitely a sign of good game design am I right?
also future maps were a huge waste of dev time. you're barely ever going to bother
"aw sweet i made a good future in this act time to time travel TWICE and get two 1 Ups :yeahboi:"

Its hilarious that SA2 gets **** on and yet CD is just as flawed but whatever "Adventure game are bad lol MEMES XD"

CD gets a lot of crap for its level design too lol, SA + SA2 also has lots of fans, it's not like they're despised or anything.
Your post is big so I just added my points in bold.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Real wild... :ultmewtwo:

I can hardly believe it either.

With K. Rool Konfirmed (and looking great for it), Isaac is currently the front runner of the supported.
There's still Geno, too.

I hope the Ashley disconfirmation didn’t hit her/him too hard.
Nah I didn't take it too hard, thanks for thinking of me though :).
I still post like all the time, I haven't stopped. I just changed my avatar.
I'm a dude btw.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Your post is big so I just added my points in bold.
"You do realize that the traditional 50 rings option is available right? You don't have to find the generators."
why would i want play through those awful special stages

A couple of bad levels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Many bad playstyles
but all the stages are bad

CD gets a lot of crap for its level design too lol, SA + SA2 also has lots of fans, it's not like they're despised or anything.
ok

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There's still Geno, too.

Nah I didn't take it too hard, thanks for thinking of me though :).
I'm a dude btw.
I just realized that you changed your profile pick and font color.

It’s sort of weird to see you without your Ashley profile pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom