• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My main wants now are essentially...

Geno
Isabelle
Tails
Elma (Have not even played this girl's game, but I just believe in her moveset potential that much.)
Impa

Anyone else is just icing on the cake or people I've already given up hope on because of other factors.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Jojo Bug is cool and all, but i mean like, What makes him special, Is it just his design?
By that merit, what makes any Pokemon special at all outside of design and characteristics? This is a legitimate question, I'm not disregarding what you're asking.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
My main wants now are essentially...

Geno
Isabelle
Tails
Elma (Have not even played this girl's game, but I just believe in her moveset potential that much.)
Impa

Anyone else is just icing on the cake or people I've already given up hope on because of other factors.
Sorry if this is unrelated but I saw your signature gif and I can't stop thinking Dark Samus and Noob Saibot are kinda alike, lol

D

Deleted member

That reminds me of that one "leak" that suggested the Pokemon newcomers would be Gardevoir and Gothitelle, which would fill out Gens 3 and 5.
I'm not against it.
Gothitelle would be one of the worst choices from Gen 5. I know the "leak" claimed it was because it was a Gardevoir echo, but it would just be adding a Gen 5 mon for the sake of adding a Gen 5 mon. At least Gardevoir is one of the most popular Gen 3 Pokemon out there and could be pretty neat.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Whilst they would be interesting fighters in my opinion, I cannot see them following up big-time hype characters like Inklings, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool with someone like Elma or Dillon.
Considering we've had cases like that before such as with Cloud (a huge third party character) being followed by Corrin (a character that wasn't even released in the western regions) and Mega Man with WFT, I don't think that's the best counterpoint. If Elma, Dillon, or another more lowkey character follows K. Rool still looks fun and enjoyable, they're going to be liked well enough and I doubt there would be that much of a backlash, especially since more then likely they wouldn't be the only characters left to reveal in that scenario and thus wouldn't have the stigma that Corrin had.

I mean, even the bonus characters like Daisy, Chrom and Dark Samus are in because of popularity. Isabelle and Skull Kid, on the other hand, seem like much more fitting follow-up to our newcomers so far, with the former being the modern face of Animal Crossing due to how popular she became and the latter is easily one of the most popular and well-known LoZ characters.
At the same time though, we also have Richter, who while he has many fans in Castlevania circles is more lowkey to the general audience (just look at how many non-Castlevania fans went 'who?' with him). That does imply there's a little flexibility in the character choices that doesn't exclusively cater to a large audience.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Pokémon Reps list for unused typings(my opinion) avoiding legendaries.

Dragon: Goodra or Hydreigon
Poison(Ivysaur doesn’t use any): Toxicroak
Ground: Rhydon or Aggron
Ghost: Sabeleye or Gengar
Bug: Buzzwole or Golisopod
Ice: Glaceon or Alolan Sandslash

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we are sharing our most wanted again, I will as well, as I haven't yet since I just recently joined.
How are you gonna update your main to a new reveal when your least wanted is already broken because of Chrom?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ridley and King K Rool look more realistic than Snake...how is he still not the most realistic guy in Smash

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
QUESTION
Since the SSS has 6 empty slots left, What do you think those 6 stages are?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gothitelle would be one of the worst choices from Gen 5. I know the "leak" claimed it was because it was a Gardevoir echo, but it would just be adding a Gen 5 mon for the sake of adding a Gen 5 mon. At least Gardevoir is one of the most popular Gen 3 Pokemon out there and could be pretty neat.
Rather, I meant that I would be okay with rounding out Gen 5 and Gen 3, not because I actually wanted gothygorl or anything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How are you gonna update your main to a new reveal when your least wanted is already broken because of Chrom?
Like Sakurai would say… Because I can (?) lol.

Edit:
P.D: Just because Chrom got in doesn't mean I will stop wanting them from being added, lol. Funnily enough, Chrom is the only FE character I accept from making it in now, because he definitely deserved his chance, lol. Now i officially don't want more, but I know we will get more… oh well.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

Why avoid Legendaries? (Also, Aggron's Rock/Steel)

Dragon: Dragonite
Poison: Toxicroak
Ground: Excadrill
Ghost: Gengar
Bug: Genesect
Ice: Froslass
Fairy: Gardevoir

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and how much she's made me a-okay with echoes.
This hurts my brain trying to think about how that went down.

QUESTION
Since the SSS has 6 empty slots left, What do you think those 6 stages are?
slot game? again? If I'm gonna be real and go with the forum games, here are my following:

- Diamond City (WarioWare, the Wario Castle dream is dead)
- Bowser's Castle (or Bowser's Kingdom from Odyssey)
- Urban Champion
- Xenoblade X stage or Mechonis Central Factory
- Some newcomer specific stage. I'm surprised K. Rool didn't get Gangplank Galleon.
- Metal Cavern

D

Deleted member

Dragon (and Rock): Tyrantrum
Poison: Roserade
Ground: Krookodile
Ghost: Decidueye or Chandelure.... god this is the hardest choice of my life actually
Bug: Scizor
Ice: Weavile

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm so happy she's in. You have no idea how much I secretly wanted her and how much she's made me a-okay with echoes.

She is the Chrom to my Opossum Opossum .
Chrom, D. Samus and Richter made me 100% a-okay with echo Shadow, and also made me wanted Medusa (the Kid Icarus one, not the Castlevania one).

Wednesday was such a big wham moment, huh?
Conveniently still missing in action, too. She'd be an odd choice to cut from the pokeball considering her popularity.
Gardevoir confirmed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
As much as my confirmation bias believes that leak, Gothitelle still strikes me as a strange Gen V choice.

Emolga could have worked as a Pichu echo maybe.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Why avoid Legendaries? (Also, Aggron's Rock/Steel)

Dragon: Dragonite
Poison: Toxicroak
Ground: Excadrill
Ghost: Gengar
Bug: Genesect
Ice: Froslass
I forgot rock! The pick stands. :)
I avoid legendaries because I’m a contrarian towards legendary Pokémon. I never liked their place. They are legendary one of a kind, but everywhere. It’s not logical, it’s just my feels.

KMDP

Smash Legend
As much as my confirmation bias believes that leak, Gothitelle still strikes me as a strange Gen V choice.

Emolga could have worked as a Pichu echo maybe.
Pichu echo that doesn't harm itself (but is weaker to compensate), and also has Peach's float?

Sign me up.

Also, Pachirisu as a Pikachu echo.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I think we know all the stages...

but if there are more I think these could be it.

Melee Mute City
Minecraft stage
Banjo-Kazooie stage
Golden Sun stage
Super Mario RPG stage
And maybe another returning stage, possibly Pac-Maze or Woolly World?

Noipoi

Howdy!

Dragon: Kommo-O or Haxorus
Poison: Naganadel
Ground: Garchomp or Krookodile
Ghost: Gengar, Sableye or Banette
Bug: Buzzwole
Ice: Weavile

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Watch there be a curveball and have the pokemon rep be sceptile since ORAS was released around 2015.
It's not about when the game releases, it's about the game being worked on around the same time Smash itself is. At least for the base roster. ORAS wasn't developed around the same time as Smash Ultimate. It was however developed around the same time as Smash 4's DLC, but that went nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Rather, I meant that I would be okay with rounding out Gen 5 and Gen 3, not because I actually wanted gothygorl or anything.
Heck, if they needed a lazy Gen 5 pick, making Zoroark a Wolf clone could work. Just change the animation for neutral special so it's not a gun shot and is some kind of dark energy pulse, and then change the Final Smash. It's not ideal, and Zoroark would look weird doing some of Wolf's kicking moves, but it'd be better than Gothitelle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
How can Hydreigon be the best Unova mon when you're competing with the best Pokemon overall?
Hydreigon is cool but it's nowhere near the best psudeo legendary
Hydreigon is competing with Poipole? But they both have a place in my heart!
Metagross and Tyranitar are very close, but three heads are better than one to me.

Last edited:

CatTastic

Smash Apprentice
My numero uno main is Yoshi then Mewtwo. I started the Pacman hype instantly thanks to his retro items and goofy mechanics.

Now if I can only get Team Rocket avatars with Meowth on the battlefield..

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This hurts my brain trying to think about how that went down.
How?

It's simple really.

I like Dark Samus a lot as a villain. I love the Prime subseries in Metroid.

REALLY liked her assist trophy.

Voted for her in the ballot.

I don't mind Daisy or Chrom but have no real deep connection with them, so thus she's the first echo that's been announced that made me go. ''Okay. Awesome."

Because I realize she'd have no chance any other way.

D

Deleted member

Hydreigon is competing with Poipole? But they both have a place in my heart!
Poipole is a UB, not a Psudeo Legendary.
The psuedo legendaries are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom