• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think we get SIX more characters:
- Geno
- Skull Kid
- Dixie (Echo)
- That Gen 7 Electric Cat Pokemon they haven't distributed yet
- Shadow (Echo)
- Isabelle
I think we get four more characters and four more echo fighters
  • Rex
  • Zeraora (that's the electric cat you're talking about)
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Excitebike
  • Ninten ε
  • Impa ε (or Dixie Kong ε )
  • Hilda ε
  • Ms. Pac-Man ε (or Shadow ε )
I think we'll get two more directs, each revealing two more newcomers, and two more echo fighters.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So according to these rumors, the final roster would be Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K Rool, Skull Kid, Incineroar and Heihachi.
A little sad because no Geno, but all in all this roster would be insane!
I'm not believing it though.
Seems like it. But this is speculation.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Outside of perhaps a retro rep or perhaps a Rhythm Heaven rep, I doubt we'll be getting any more fighters from unrepresented franchises. Unfortunately, because we know that all stages are going to be available right from the start, so too, at the very least, will the base music roster. And there are only 32 music albums including All, Smash, two Mario's, and Other (which would house Ice Climber, R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and presumably another retro fighter's music selections).

With that said, given the blurry mark at the bottom row of the Stage Select screen, I'm going to predict 5 more new stages and then the Stage Builder. Outside of a Gen 7 Pokémon stage, I have no clue what they could be.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I think we get four more characters and four more echo fighters
  • Rex
  • Zeraora (that's the electric cat you're talking about)
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Excitebike
  • Ninten ε
  • Impa ε (or Dixie Kong ε )
  • Hilda ε
  • Ms. Pac-Man ε (or Shadow ε )
I think we'll get two more directs, each revealing two more newcomers, and two more echo fighters.
I just realized how turned on I am by your username. No Hetero.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
If each gen got a newcomer, who would you pick?
I: Arcanine (I so want at least an Arcanine Pokéball finally)
II: Lugia/Suicune/Scizor (I know, they're all Pokéballs)
III: Gardevoir
IV: Vespiquen (...don't have too many more favorites after Lucario here)
V: Samurott/Bisharp/Golurk (There were a few good ones here)
VI: Chesnaught
VII: Buzzwole

KMDP

Smash Legend
Your post is big so I just added my points in bold.
People say Sonic is about "Speed, Exploration and Platforming".
Sonic 1 is Sonic with the Platforming dialed way up.
Sonic CD is Sonic with the Exploration dialed way up.
Sonic 2 is Sonic with the Speed dialed way up.
Sonic 3 is the balanced one (my opinion, but I think several would agree)

Sonic Adventure tries to keep the balance (it does fairly well, though it still has major issues due to system limitations).
Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes sacrifices exploration for more Speed and Platforming.
The Boost Style segments the three completely (some would say "inelegantly").

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
People say Sonic is about "Speed, Exploration and Platforming".
Sonic 1 is Sonic with the Platforming dialed way up.
Sonic CD is Sonic with the Exploration dialed way up.
Sonic 2 is Sonic with the Speed dialed way up.
Sonic 3 is the balanced one (my opinion, but I think several would agree)

Sonic Adventure tries to keep the balance (it does fairly well, though it still has major issues due to system limitations).
Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes sacrifices exploration for more Speed and Platforming.
Guys...

We all know that the real best Sonic game is F-Zero GX

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just realized that you changed your profile pick and font color.

It’s sort of weird to see you without your Ashley profile pick.
I couldn't show my face here with an Ashley avatar right after she was deconfirmed, the first thing I did after the direct was draw my own avatar to replace the old one. I used to be the Ashley guy, but now i'm just along for the ride, The game looks great anyway.
I still want a Gen 7 Pokemon though, good thing that choice is more likely.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Most wanted 6 newcomers:
1. Geno
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Dixie Kong
4. Celica
5. Gardevoir
6. Skull Kid

And one Pokemon per gen:
1. Mewtwo
2. Suicune
3. Gardevoir
4. Garchomp
5. Genesect
6. Hawlucha
7. Tapu Koko

So according to these rumors, the final roster would be Inkling, Daisy, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, K Rool, Skull Kid, Incineroar and Heihachi.
A little sad because no Geno, but all in all this roster would be insane!
I'm not believing it though.
Where'd you get a source for this?

Shroob

Sup?
Okay but seriously, where did this "Incineroar, Skull Kid Heihachi" rumor come from?

Would be nice to see the source of rumors instead of just hearsay.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
3 more unique fightets .

From rumors. Skull kid. Incineroar and heihachi.

Ok. Sounds fine to me. I hope for dlc of remaining missing stages and new echos.

And some more new characters.
What rumors? What sources? Besides piggy-backing off of loz and Vergeben, and then throwing Heihachi in there.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
"You do realize that the traditional 50 rings option is available right? You don't have to find the generators."
why would i want play through those awful special stages

A couple of bad levels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Many bad playstyles
but all the stages are bad

CD gets a lot of crap for its level design too lol, SA + SA2 also has lots of fans, it's not like they're despised or anything.
ok
I actually like the CD special stages tbh. They're probably the only Classic special stages I'm half-way decent at. 1's special stages are boring and fairly luck-based, 2's require you to see into the future and blue sphere was never my thing.

Only Wacky Workbench and Metallic Madness were bad for me. Palm Tree Panic is enjoyable, Collison Chaos is chaotic but perfectly manageable as long as you understand the game's physics, Aquatic Ambiance is tolerable and a huge improvement over Labyrinth, Quartz Quadrant and Stardust Speedway are both fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Most wanted 6 newcomers:
1. Geno
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Dixie Kong
4. Celica
5. Gardevoir
6. Skull Kid

And one Pokemon per gen:
1. Mewtwo
2. Suicune
3. Gardevoir
4. Garchomp
5. Genesect
6. Hawlucha
7. Tapu Koko

Where'd you get a source for this?
Ask drag0nscythe, I was going off of their post.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
problem with boost is that its expensive to make all those assets for it when your just going to pass through the whole stage within in a minute.

they shouldn't depend on it if there going to run into issues like this. Funny enough generations was going to be the last boost game but i guess Boom failure and Lost World criticisms scared them back sadly.

I actually like the CD special stages tbh. They're probably the only Classic special stages I'm half-way decent at. 1's special stages are boring and fairly luck-based, 2's require you to see into the future and blue sphere was never my thing.

Only Wacky Workbench and Metallic Madness were bad for me. Palm Tree Panic is enjoyable, Collison Chaos is chaotic but perfectly manageable as long as you understand the game's physics, Aquatic Ambiance is tolerable and a huge improvement over Labyrinth, Quartz Quadrant and Stardust Speedway are both fun.
ill say Sonic CD has pretty looking stages atleast along with Chaotix

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Okay but seriously, where did this "Incineroar, Skull Kid Heihachi" rumor come from?

Would be nice to see the source of rumors instead of just hearsay.
It comes from a user named drag0nscythe drag0nscythe who outright stated that Incineroar, Skull Kid, and Heihachi are our remaining newcomers.

In other words, a piggy-back leak that just added in Heihachi for good measure, and made sure to exclude Geno.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
How?

It's simple really.

I like Dark Samus a lot as a villain. I love the Prime subseries in Metroid.

REALLY liked her assist trophy.

Voted for her in the ballot.

I don't mind Daisy or Chrom but have no real deep connection with them, so thus she's the first echo that's been announced that made me go. ''Okay. Awesome."

Because I realize she'd have no chance any other way.
You on board the "lots of echoes" train now? I remember you not being super fond of that every time I'd bring it up.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There's still Geno, too.
Geno's actually surprisingly low on the "support leaderboard" I made (and am currently editing), considering how much he's talked about.

Isaac is now in 1st Place with 407 (with K. Rool and Ridley confirmed, he's the leader by a WIDE margin).
Geno is joint 14th with Skull Kid, both have 82 supporters.

Part of that is that I don't think the new Geno Support Thread carries over his old supporters like Isaac did.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Geno's actually surprisingly low on the "support leaderboard" I made (and am currently editing), considering how much he's talked about.

Isaac is now in 1st Place with 407 (with K. Rool and Ridley confirmed, he's the leader by a WIDE margin).

Part of that is that I don't think the new Geno Support Thread carries over his old supporters like Isaac did.
Geno is kinda unspoken in how much people want him. Isaac is just kinda still there. I forget Isaac exists sometimes.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm willing to accept the possibility we may have more echo fighters than actual newcomers. I really can't see us not gett
I dont care SA1 was more enjoyable to me. Sonic 1 is zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Final Rush is incredible stage filled with multiple path ways and using sonic abilities to the best. If you understand SA2 mechanics well, Final rush is a blast to play through. Its what a 3D sonic stage should be.

Sonic CD on the other hand is just not fun.
This is bad level design and i dully recognize it just by looking at it.

you can run straight through quartz quadrant in under a minute but you'll only see a quarter of the stage, you're expected to explore every route to find the badnik teleporter and metal sonic hologram but its such a mess because you NEED to see most of the level in CD to find them in the first place but CD level design does everything it can to prevent you.

then you've wacky workbench, whose gimmick is "the bottom floor shoots you to the top of the level every few seconds, and all the high areas are dead ends you need to climb back down" and of course hazards with no way of knowing is there so you're just constantly being hit by enemies and hazards EVERYWHERE

because having game do everything it can to prevent the player from doing anything is definitely a sign of good game design am I right?
also future maps were a huge waste of dev time. you're barely ever going to bother
"aw sweet i made a good future in this act time to time travel TWICE and get two 1 Ups :yeahboi:"

Its hilarious that SA2 gets **** on and yet CD is just as flawed but whatever "Adventure game are bad lol MEMES XD"

I prefer the weird direction the series had in the 2000s. Adventure games had a fine formula. Just give it a proper physics engine and a proper collision engine and some polishing and you can make a fine sonic game. Add some big explorable levels along with a hubworld filled with Yakuza sub stories and minigames plus chao garden so you can spend all the rings you collect for a good amount of side content.

Im tired of boost games and classic games. its heartless and expensive to make and the other is just milking the nostalgia sonic team created 25 years ago instead of moving on like should be.

Also i dont think Metal sonic can canonically spin dash but then again knuckles can homing attack now.

Either way Shadow is 100% playable
Metal Sonic has always been one of my top wishes for Super Smash Bros, so I'd rather have him. But, I think I'd be just as stoked to see Shadow. I love him and that would be so cool. Either way, the quality of the games they debuted in shouldn't be a factor.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You on board the "lots of echoes" train now? I remember you not being super fond of that every time I'd bring it up.
I'm still not sure how many of them we'll get. I do think we'll get a fair amount of them, because I'm starting to believe they weren't entirely just last minute additions.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's only the people that have supported my character thread though. There are tons of people in this thread here that want Geno that haven't posted in my thread

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I just meant fan demand in general. His thread here is surprisingly mediocre in size.
Though I imagine if you compiled all the Geno supporters since Brawl it'd be way bigger.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The lots of echoes train is no imaginary train. We've already gotten lots of echoes and there are a lot more that are highly requested.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
On the talk of echoes, how many do you think we'll get, and how many would you want?

I feel like we're probably getting a ballpark of around 10 (including Dark Pit and Lucina, as well as the four revealed ones). But I would honestly be okay with like 30 so we can say we have 100 characters in a Smash game.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

The thing is, A LOT of King K. Rool supporters seem to jump over to Isaac.

But the fact that Geno only has 82 confuses me a little. Isn’t he supposed to be more popular than Isaac? Obviously, Geno seems to be very popular, but Isaac has A LOT of vocal support.

Geno seems to take a bit of a back seat when it comes to these things.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The thing is, A LOT of King K. Rool supporters seem to jump over to Isaac.

But the fact that Geno only has 82 confuses me a little. Isn’t he supposed to be more popular than Isaac? Obviously, Geno seems to be very popular, but Isaac has A LOT of vocal support.
I have a very specific way of counting supporters in my thread

And I didn't keep/ move over a list of supporters from previous threads to this new one

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just thought that maybe… Tingle is no longer in Great Bay stage because we will see Skull kid kill him? lol at least it won't be one of our roster guys if so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On the talk of echoes, how many do you think we'll get, and how many would you want?

I feel like we're probably getting a ballpark of around 10 (including Dark Pit and Lucina, as well as the four revealed ones). But I would honestly be okay with like 30 so we can say we have 100 characters in a Smash game.
It's dependent on how many Sakurai wants. Going off of who's left you could possibly do:
- Isabelle
- Dixie
- Shadow
- Ken

Off the top of my head that's in the high range. In the lower ranges you got

- Ninten (could end up getting Alph'd)
- Giygas
- Louie (still mad they did my boy Alph dirty AGAIN)
- Ms. PAC-MAN (could end up getting Alph'd)

KMDP

Smash Legend
problem with boost is that its expensive to make all those assets for it when your just going to pass through the whole stage within in a minute.

they shouldn't depend on it if there going to run into issues like this. Funny enough generations was going to be the last boost game but i guess Boom failure and Lost World criticisms scared them back sadly.

ill say Sonic CD has pretty looking stages atleast along with Chaotix
I agree that Sonic Team should slow Sonic down back to sane levels, for the sake of gameplay, game length and production costs.

The Boost Formula is fun, but ultimately wasteful for how much effort gets put into it.
Geno is kinda unspoken in how much people want him. Isaac is just kinda still there. I forget Isaac exists sometimes.
Yeah, but you forget Sheik exists too. :laugh:
That's only the people that have supported my character thread though. There are tons of people in this thread here that want Geno that haven't posted in my thread
They should show their support more!
I just meant fan demand in general. His thread here is surprisingly mediocre in size.
Though I imagine if you compiled all the Geno supporters since Brawl it'd be way bigger.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Geno and Isaac were contemporaries in terms of Support Scale.

Geno and Isaac are the Heaven and Earth of RPG reps (to get poetic for a bit).

Noipoi

Howdy!

I predict we'll get 4 more, along with 4 more Newcomers, bringing the total of new characters in the game to 16.
My echo predictions are
Shadow
Isabelle
Ken Masters
and Dixie.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Pokemon per gen? Here I go:
Lapras (we can make it work)
Donphan
Sceptile
Gliscor
Zekrom (It is not too big when you look to pokedex data)
Delphox
Decidueye

Thinking about it, just gimme Zekrom and I won't ask for anything ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom