• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still don't understand why people think that Captain Toad is deconfirmed because he is on a stage. We have yet to see if he plays some kind of role in that stage, or if that is just a cameo, and if that is the case they could just easely change him with another Toad from the Brigate.

I mean Toon Link was on Spirit Train, yet he is playable: he just doesn't appear when the character is selected. They could just do somethung like that with Captain Toad, unless I'm missing something.
Woah woah woah Captain Toad is in New Donk? Did i miss him? Anyone got a pic?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
At this point it’s clear Sakurai is going for crowd pleasing picks.

The chances of goku being the rumored wtf pick are unreasonably high.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Who the **** is Toby and why should I care?
Some guy posting leaks on 4chan with a picture of Toby from the office as his signature.

Which doesn't necessarily prove it's the same guy every time, because it's 4chan, but hey.

He "correctly leaked" K. Rool, Chrom, Damus, Simon, Pokeball Mimikyu, and AT Ashley while "not knowing about Richter".

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Man I can already think of a trailer for my most wanted.

The location is set in a dojo with Little Mac and Ryu fighting eachother. They trade blows with each other untill Little Mac takes the upper hand. Ryu seems to lose. Ryu barely holding together, Little Mac dashes towards Ryu with a haymaker. Suddenly someone jumps over Ryu "Ken turns up the heat!". Ken lands a shoryuken on Little Mac afterwards. Ken takes the fight over for Ryu. Suddenly a dojo door opens. Close-up shots of an old man seem to happen "Heihachi gets ready for the next battle!" . Heihachi takes both of them out while doing his laugh afterwards. Gameplay is shown of both the echo and the true newcomer. In the post credits scene Heihachi drags the three of 'em to a cliff and prepares to throw them into the depths. *fade out to black

Pretty creative if I do say so myself

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Toby is the demon from the Paranormal Activity moves. No idea why people think he's going to be in Smash Bros or even knows anything about it.

He's too busy haunting stupid white families who refuse to just move out of their damn house.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
On the subject of Third Parties, I’m kinda suprised there hasn’t been much talk about Rayman, Rabbids or anything Ubisoft related to be honest.

Kingdom Battle turned out to be a relatively liked game (haven’t played it yet) so we expect any sort of content from it?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A "leaker" who claimed to know the full roster, didn't, backtracked, and is still being (somewhat) believe.

You shouldn't care because his "leak" is rotting in the graveyard.
Some guy posting leaks on 4chan with a picture of Toby from the office as his signature.

Which doesn't necessarily prove it's the same guy every time, because it's 4chan, but hey.

He "correctly leaked" K. Rool, Chrom, Damus, Simon, Pokeball Mimikyu, and AT Ashley while "not knowing about Richter."
AT Ashley and Poke Ball Mimikyu were never in his main posts, and could've been anons going with the meme (An anon unrelated to anything admitted to this in a thread about the Toby "leak").

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So if Isabelle is a unique fighter, who is she going to end up killing in her trailer?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I don't think the last Direct will necessarily have the biggest addition, like when you look at the newcomers who were announced last for Brawl and Smash 4 they were Olimar and Shulk, two characters who had decent to good support but certainly not the top of the pop. I don't think Sakurai has ever seriously tried to top previous announcements in that way, in fact the most wanted characters have typically been announced early (Sonic the exception, for obvious reasons), so I'm not sure we'll top Ridley and K. Rool, but I feel like that's okay as having two characters with such immense popularity confirmed early does help ease a lot of people's nerves and make them more accepting of future announcements.
My counterpoint to this is that Brawl was a different time, and looking at the Smash 4 newcomer list, who was really that big a character to save for last? The biggest additions were Mega and Pac, and announcing them at e3 made perfect sense. Everybody else was more or less on the same level, imo, with Mac and Shulk being more popular in one part of the world than the other, but mostly balancing out in the end.

Compare that to this roster, which included both Ridley and K.Rool. Most of us weren't even expecting one reveal this early, let alone two. They basically just dropped K.Rool on us randomly like it was no big deal. Why wouldn't you save K.Rool for the big finish instead of randomly announcing him four months before the game releases? Maybe because you've got someone you think could be even bigger.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Sounds like fun. Anyways here is mine:

Konami: Snake, Simon, Richter
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta, Shadow
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, either Chun-Li, Ken, Akuma, Roll or Monster Hunter.
Namco: Pac-Man, Heihachi or Jin, Lloyd or Yuri or perhaps Ms. Pac-Man.
Square Enix: Cloud, Zack, Geno or Neku.
And once again people are sleeping on the possibility of a Dragon Quest character.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So in % number, what do you think Heihachi's chances of being a newcomer are?

I'm at 50%, I just can't predict who is viable anymore haha

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So if Isabelle is a unique fighter, who is she going to end up killing in her trailer?
Lecturing troublemakers like Wario, Sonic, Inkling, and Jr to death?
Killing Bowser, Ridley, and Wolf with kindness? Choking Kirby with her fruit?

No clue. She may very well be unlikely since she has no intent to kill.:troll:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No one, but Tom Nook seizes all of Wario's assets when he fails to pay off his loans, causing him to fall into crippling depression. It's the post gameplay scene.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't expect a new story mode, but I would absolutely die from hype if we got one.
I wonder what "Spirits" will be about though, maybe you through a great maze like dungeon to rescue the spirits of the characters so you can recruit them?

Shroob

Sup?
At the same time though, who can be bigger than Ridley or K.Rool?

From a standpoint of "Characters that Smash has always wanted", I can only legit think of two characters that fit this bill:

Geno and Banjo+Kazooie.

And while I'm 'semi'-confident on Geno, the fact that Final Fantasy is still in its sad state from 4 is...ehhhh? I dunno if Square is really as on board as someone like Konami..............................I just threw up a bit in my mouth saying that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
My counterpoint to this is that Brawl was a different time, and looking at the Smash 4 newcomer list, who was really that big a character to save for last? The biggest additions were Mega and Pac, and announcing them at e3 made perfect sense. Everybody else was more or less on the same level, imo, with Mac and Shulk being more popular in one part of the world than the other, but mostly balancing out in the end.

Compare that to this roster, which included both Ridley and K.Rool. Most of us weren't even expecting one reveal this early, let alone two. They basically just dropped K.Rool on us randomly like it was no big deal. Why wouldn't you save K.Rool for the big finish instead of randomly announcing him four months before the game releases? Maybe because you've got someone you think could be even bigger.
Banjo & Kazooie confirmed.:p

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Isabelle gains the Infinity Gauntlet, and snaps her fingers. killing off half of the Smash Brothers cast. That's right. the Smash Bros. Roster will be cut in half for the next game, it's confirmed.
M-M-Mario...I don't feel so good...
fades
MAMA MIA!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So in % number, what do you think Heihachi's chances of being a newcomer are?

I'm at 50%, I just can't predict who is viable anymore haha
I'm kinda at 50% too. He's got a few thinks going for him but on the other hand...

Yes Heihachi!
> He was considered for smash 4
> A company can have more than 1 rep
> Namco is helping developing Ultimate
> Tekken is an iconic franchise recognized by many

No Heihachi :<
> Presumably no more new franchises as of last smash direct
> Moves were hard to translate to smash 4 so he got scraped
> Not a popular newcomer
> Lloyd might be a more popular choice

I can easily see him as being one of the most likely future dlc choices

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
AT Ashley and Poke Ball Mimikyu were never in his main posts, and could've been anons going with the meme (An anon unrelated to anything admitted to this in a thread about the Toby "leak").
That's why I had the airquotes around "correctly leaked" and pointed out that the Tobys were not all the same person. Haha.
I'm well aware.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Isabelle gains the Infinity Gauntlet, and snaps her fingers. killing off half of the Smash Brothers cast. That's right. the Smash Bros. Roster will be cut in half for the next game, it's confirmed.
M-M-Mario...I don't feel so good...
fades
MAMA MIA!
*BRRRT*
Do Do-Do Do Do Do Do-Do Do

D

Deleted member

If Ultimate does return Snake's codecs, I hope they use the Brawl ones again, because the Brawl ones were perfection.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey everybody, I'm back and it's time for another Guybrush20X6 crackpot theory!

So the direct confirmed they're going all in on echos, even to the point of giving some minor move differences (I guess Chrom's suicidal recovery is to stop him outshining Roy with his balanced blade) and that third parties are getting Echos with Richter.

So my random, circumstantial based theory is that all 3rd party companies will get three characters, with one series getting an echo.

So things look like this (new ones in bold)

Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, either Ken or Roll
Namco: Pac-Man, Hehatchi, either Ms. Pac-Man, Kazuya or Jin
Square Enix: Cloud, Zack, Geno

This way everyone gets in on the amiibo monies. And people like me enable them.

What do you think?
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, Dante
Bandai Namco: Pac-Man, Heihachi or KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell
Square-Enix: Cloud, Neku, Zack or maybe 2B

Yes I kinda bent the rules a bit so only Sega (and possibly Square Enix) gets an echo. I kinda want Bamco and Capcom to have all originals

And in this case Zack and Shadow would be the only echoes

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if there's a reveal trailer with Toon Link defending Zelda, and then she gets turned into a Spirit (you know, Spirit Tracks except with the Zelda we currently have), and then Tetra busts in to help out and Toon Link gets really confused

And then BOOM, they all get killed by Isabelle.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I can't help but feel the last Smash Direct might just have a newcomer dump that surprises us.
They will knowing that they just dumped 5 characters on us yesterday

Okay so my Top 10 overall wishlist?

1. Crash
2. Wolf - confirmed
3. King K Rool - confirmed

4. Dixie Kong
5. Ridley - confirmed
6. Zelda rep
7. Pokemon rep
8. Ice Climbers - confirmed
9. Bandanna Dee
10. Isaac

So now it's the following since 4 of my Top 10 are in...

1. Crash
2. Dixie Kong
3. Zelda rep
4. Pokemon rep
5. Bandanna Dee
6. Isaac
7. Xenoblade rep
8. Shadow
9. Lip
10. Spring Man

So...

This might be an unpopular opinion.

I'm thrilled that we got K.Rool and Ridley was quite literally my most wanted Nintendo newcomer. Simon is a great third party pick. Dark Samus blew me away and Richter is a very nice surprise.

But, I'm a little worried that we won't get many modern stars of Nintendo.

I've always wanted more older characters, expecially ones from the GBA/GC era (part of why I love Dark Samus' inclusion so much) but I also feel that characters like Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex and Pyra, Springman, and Alola Pokemon don't have a good shot, even though they all have popularity, moveset potential and relevency, and that sadden me. I love the old characters but I love all the new ones too.

This is the ultimate fanservice game and I love that, but I hope that Inkling and Chrom won't be the only recent creations. We need a good mix to appeal to everyone.

People probably disagree but I feel strongly about this. I really want the next character to be someone who is new.
Totally understandable there Swamp. Maybe consider the thoughts of putting them into DLC? There's a possibility that the highly requested characters that came in during this time period would be moved to DLC where people will want to get them.

So a game to play for everyone: Rank the newcomers in order of their appearance of most hyped for to least hyped. I'll start

K Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Dark Samus, Simon, Daisy, Richter, Chrom

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And once again people are sleeping on the possibility of a Dragon Quest character.
Well, if there were a Dragon Quest character, then maybe Slime would a possible candidate or someone else? (I'm sorry, but I am not exactly too familiar with the Dragon Quest series.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom