• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What if there's a reveal trailer with Toon Link defending Zelda, and then she gets turned into a Spirit (you know, Spirit Tracks except with the Zelda we currently have), and then Tetra busts in to help out and Toon Link gets really confused

And then BOOM, they all get killed by Isabelle.
Smash Bros. Infinity War. It's Infinity because everyone is here.

D

Deleted member

So...

This might be an unpopular opinion.

I'm thrilled that we got K.Rool and Ridley was quite literally my most wanted Nintendo newcomer. Simon is a great third party pick. Dark Samus blew me away and Richter is a very nice surprise.

But, I'm a little worried that we won't get many modern stars of Nintendo.

I've always wanted more older characters, expecially ones from the GBA/GC era (part of why I love Dark Samus' inclusion so much) but I also feel that characters like Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex and Pyra, Springman, and Alola Pokemon don't have a good shot, even though they all have popularity, moveset potential and relevency, and that sadden me. I love the old characters but I love all the new ones too.

This is the ultimate fanservice game and I love that, but I hope that Inkling and Chrom won't be the only recent creations. We need a good mix to appeal to everyone.

People probably disagree but I feel strongly about this. I really want the next character to be someone who is new.
I feel like most of these newcomers are going to be based off of very popular choices.
So the modern characters have a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Man, the trailers this time are not playing around.

Funny, the trailer I made for Dovahkiin involves a dragon killing off Link, Ike, and Robin...

*Smash Logo opens up to reveal Link with his sword out (implying he just sliced the screen), with Ike (alt costume) and Robin (female) nearby. You don't see much background, but it looks mountanous.

Cut to the trio walking through a medieval-style town. Link is holding a few pieces of Gourmet meat, while the other two are just going along. As they walk, the camera pulls back to reveal it's actually set in Whiterun and they're walking up to the marketplace. Some of the civilians are recognizable, like Jon Battle-Born and Olava the Feeble.

A loud Dragon screech is heard and everyone looks around scared.

A dragon lands on top of the Bannered Mare. Link drops the meat and pulls out his bow. Ike and Robin get into fighting stances, as all of the civilians are running around screaming. The dragon rears up and shoots a fireball at our heroes...

Cut to everyone running toward the gates of town. Again, a few faces like Ysolda are recognizable. Nazeem trips and falls running. The camera stays near the ground as a pair of leather boots starts walking toward the dragon.

Everything starts to play out like the Skyrim Live-Action trailer. We follow the challenger toward the Dragon as we pan up to see his iconic helmet. When the Dragonborn is finally facing the dragon, the camera rotates around to show his face and he shouts...

Dovahkiin Shouts Down the Competition!

*Shortened version of Dovahkiin's theme starts as in-game footage is shown. A lot of standard attacks showing him being badass, but there are a few key comical vignettes:*
*Young Link shoots an arrow, which happens to hit Dovahkiin in the knee. He collapses as if a hidden Jigglypuff puts him to sleep*
*Dovahkiin and his female alt costume (looks like Lydia) are together with a Barrel between them. He taunts and runs off in one direction, while she picks up the barrel and slowly trudges after him*
*Dovahkiin's neutral special is a chargeable Unrelenting Force shout. He stands facing a Kirby wearing his iconic helmet and uses the lowest level "Fus" on him. Kirby is staggered but nothing much happens. Kirby then unleashes the fully-charged "Fus Ro Dah" and launches Dovahkiin*

*The set ends with Dovahkiin's final Smash on a new High Hrothgar stage. He uses the Call Dragon shout, and then channels Daenerys Targaryen and roasts the stage like in Game of Thrones' Loot Train attack.*

*Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Logo comes onscreen*

Cut back to Dovahkiin standing in the Whiterun market over the skeletal remains of the dragon. A piercing screech is heard, and the camera follows his view to a mountaintop, where Ridley is silhouetted against the sky. He jumps down and starts to fly towards the camera as it cuts to black.
...I guess we all just enjoy watching cute Nintendo characters die.

Aren't we a sadistic bunch of *******?

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody know if there'll be an option to pick players first, and then the stages? I get why they were reversed, but it just feels unnatural for me. I never pick players based on their performance on a certain stage, I always battle with my favorites. (And with the cutest ones too!)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm kinda at 50% too. He's got a few thinks going for him but on the other hand...

Yes Heihachi!
> He was considered for smash 4
> A company can have more than 1 rep
> Namco is helping developing Ultimate
> Tekken is an iconic franchise recognized by many

No Heihachi :<
> Presumably no more new franchises as of last smash direct
> Moves were hard to translate to smash 4 so he got scraped
> Not a popular newcomer
> Lloyd might be a more popular choice

I can easily see him as being one of the most likely future dlc choices
I think both will be in. there's two rumors that say both will be in. First is the September 24th Direct rumor otherwise known as the Japan Leak. The other is that protonmail leak tehponycorn has in his leak list after the direct which he says has some credibility and it collaborates with the Japan Leak.

D

Deleted member

In before Isabelle accidentally kills her own Mayor in her reveal trailer.
...That would be hilarious. I'm kinda hoping that's how she's revealed now.

Like, the Villager is fighting against someone, and as he's about to deal the finishing blow, Isabelle straight up drops a tree on him by accident. That sounds perfect, lol.

I'd also accept a continuation of the Ridly trailer, where instead of Zero Suit Samus fighting Ridley, Isabelle comes out of nowhere, kicks Samus out, and then proceeds to destroy Ridley.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
So I have a question. At the end of K.Rool's video where he shoots the beam, has anyone talked about that? Like I saw a few people saying that was his final smash but I don't see any indication of that honestly. Possible adventure mode setting or something? Or I'm being ignorant someone just let me know haha. That scene just struck me as odd and I haven't seen much mention of it

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If were just getting popular ballot choice than I pray you all voted for Sami and Syrup

Right guys?

right?????????????

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I have a question. At the end of K.Rool's video where he shoots the beam, has anyone talked about that? Like I saw a few people saying that was his final smash but I don't see any indication of that honestly. Possible adventure mode setting or something? Or I'm being ignorant someone just let me know haha. That scene just struck me as odd and I haven't seen much mention of it
It's his final smash, Ridley's final Smash works the same way, he rushes forwards and the cutscene shows up if he hits anyone. His character trailer also shows this

blackghost

Smash Champion
i wanted to update my thoughts on what will happen next. after watching the new alpharad video i agree with him. there is a story mode and it wil be heroes vs villains more than likely. adding villains back into the game and new characters being rivals/villains to franchises does support this.

with that in mind there are a few things
1. will assist trophies to appear in the story mode?
2. can we use the characters shown to project forward on who is left?
both i think are yes. Among the cast who is left with no villain ryu, bayonetta, cloud, inkling, fire emblem cast, shulk, megaman, villager, tink, pacman, ness, and sonic.
i do not think these characters will get villains for a multitude of reasons
1. bayonetta no baldr more than likely although her angleic base enemies could be fodder enemies in a story mode
2, shulk/elma i dont know much about the series but dont they fight giant titans and creatures most of the time?
3. megaman he has his villains represented in yellow devil already
4. villager doesnt have one as far as i know besides being broke.
5. pacman the ghosts are represented in assist trophy characters

who may get a stand in rival
1.. tink and the ganon represented havent technically met but i think that will stil lcount but in story mode when ganon sees all three links that will be epic.
2. fire emblem has stretched itself so far that many people have never even considered or debated a FE villain getting in. Personally, i'd start with black knight

2. ryu and Heihachi 2d vs 3d fighting icons. rival series top tier in popularity

3. this is the biggest stretch if dante (not donte) gets in it would be him and bayonetta as rivals. they exist in the same world and have the same creator. tbosses in dantes game are bayonetta's allies. i just dont think dante will get in smash.

these characters will get their rivalies/ villains added imo
1. inklings in octolings
2. sonic and shadow i dont think it will be eggman no matter how i try to in my head just seems extremely awkward.
3. sepiroth not going to lie if there is a big story mode and cloud doesnt get his it would be disappointing

*ness dont know enough about ness and porky to really have an informed opinion. but i dont really see him fighting in that huge mech in smash just seems out of place.

in the next trailer i wonder who will die? i hope elma shows up to save peach or zelda. or mayb ethat would be impa?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
They will knowing that they just dumped 5 characters on us yesterday

Okay so my Top 10 overall wishlist?

1. Crash
2. Wolf - confirmed
3. King K Rool - confirmed

4. Dixie Kong
5. Ridley - confirmed
6. Zelda rep
7. Pokemon rep
8. Ice Climbers - confirmed
9. Bandanna Dee
10. Isaac

So now it's the following since 4 of my Top 10 are in...

1. Crash
2. Dixie Kong
3. Zelda rep
4. Pokemon rep
5. Bandanna Dee
6. Isaac
7. Xenoblade rep
8. Shadow
9. Lip
10. Spring Man

Totally understandable there Swamp. Maybe consider the thoughts of putting them into DLC? There's a possibility that the highly requested characters that came in during this time period would be moved to DLC where people will want to get them.

So a game to play for everyone: Rank the newcomers in order of their appearance of most hyped for to least hyped. I'll start

K Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Dark Samus, Simon, Daisy, Richter, Chrom
Inkling-Love me some Squid Kids. 10/10
K Rool-He's such a goof I love him now. 8/10
Ridley-I like space. I like Dragons. 7/10
Daisy-HI I'M DAISY!!! 6/10
Simon-He seems fun. 5/10
Dark Samus-I like how creepy she looks. 4/10
Chrom- I'm glad he's in, but i'm not interested. 3/10
Richter-I don't care. 1/10

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pretty sure It's his Final Smash, It even got shown in his character video.

D

Deleted member

The modern Japanese word for Wife is "奥さん" (Oku-san), it still has the same connotations as "Kanai". Oku-san can essentially be read as "House-san", so it's sort of like "Homemaker".
Any chance of Toadette, I wonder?

This isn't really used in modern Japanese, it's hardly "the" word.
奥さん is used when you're referring to someone else's wife though, not your own. Then you have 妻 (tsuma) and 家内 (kanai) to refer to your own wife. I dunno about the usage, but both are required to be known for the N2 JPTL exam. I haven't come across either in readings personally, but then again, I haven't done much reading. At the same time though, you've also got ご主人 (goshujin) for husband alongside 夫 (otto). The former is for someone's husband, but it has the Kanji for "master" in it. Almost like a "your master" or the "the person who is your master" given then kanji arrangement and context.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Right before the laser shoots, you can see a shot scene of K. Rool activating his Final Smash on Jungle Japes before it cuts to the islands.

Also, it's pretty similar to Ridley's Final Smash in concept, which makes it more likely that it's an FS.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So...

This might be an unpopular opinion.

I'm thrilled that we got K.Rool and Ridley was quite literally my most wanted Nintendo newcomer. Simon is a great third party pick. Dark Samus blew me away and Richter is a very nice surprise.

But, I'm a little worried that we won't get many modern stars of Nintendo.

I've always wanted more older characters, expecially ones from the GBA/GC era (part of why I love Dark Samus' inclusion so much) but I also feel that characters like Elma, Bandana Waddle Dee, Rex and Pyra, Springman, and Alola Pokemon don't have a good shot, even though they all have popularity, moveset potential and relevency, and that sadden me. I love the old characters but I love all the new ones too.

This is the ultimate fanservice game and I love that, but I hope that Inkling and Chrom won't be the only recent creations. We need a good mix to appeal to everyone.

People probably disagree but I feel strongly about this. I really want the next character to be someone who is new.
I think Sakurai's just showing off the most hyped characters first. I still fully believe we'll get a Gen 7 Pokemon and some other recent characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This may sound controversial to the general smash fanbase, but I think we're going to see half and half of original newcomers and echo fighters. It actually makes a lot of sense, since we were told not to expect too many new fighters. A game of this scope may have to rely on echo fighters to boost the amount of newcomers.

And I'm totally glad about this. There are so many characters that fans have been clamoring for that were dismissed by both the development team and the fan base in the past (Daisy, Chrom), that are now making dreams come true because of the echo fighter branding. I know a lot of people are looking forward to seeing characters like Dixie Kong, Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, and Ninten, so I think this is a fantastic solution that will aim to give us as many highly requested characters as possible.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I only saw his video once and haven't really had time to re-watch it but just don't remember any indication of the final smash but I'm sure it's there. Makes sense.

Anyway I think it's funny how smash itself can turn people into fans of characters. The only DK game I've played with K.Rool was 64 and was really too young to remember it anyway but I was super hyped for his trailer. My only two real big wants left are paper mario and Shadow/Tails. Really just any second sonic rep.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This may sound controversial to the general smash fanbase, but I think we're going to see half and half of original newcomers and echo fighters. It actually makes a lot of sense, since we were told not to expect too many new fighters. A game of this scope may have to rely on echo fighters to boost the amount of newcomers.

And I'm totally glad about this. There are so many characters that fans have been clamoring for that were dismissed by both the development team and the fan base in the past (Daisy, Chrom), that are now making dreams come true because of the echo fighter branding. I know a lot of people are looking forward to seeing characters like Dixie Kong, Shadow, Ms. Pac-Man, and Ninten, so I think this is a fantastic solution that will aim to give us as many highly requested characters as possible.
I agree. I think by the time the game comes out we'll have 8 Newcomers and 8 Echoes, which is fine by me.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Considering that Sakurai just revealed the stage select screen with all 103 stages, and stated that every stage in the game is available right from the start, I'd say those 103 stages are most definitely it. And okay, so maybe there's a stage or two--maybe even three--stages that we kinda wished were added in. But again, I'm not complaining.

Of course, if this is the case, then we can pretty much disconfirm every single newcomer prospect coming from a potentially brand new franchise in the base roster. That means if Vergeben is to be believed, then four unique newcomers is the most to expect (because we already hit five newcomers this morning, and neither of them included Isabelle or Incineroar--meaning Echo Fighters do not count). And every newcomer henceforth--may they be unique or an echo--will have to come from a franchise already represented. This leaves us with an extremely limited window of possibilities coming from:

1. Mario: Off the top of my head, literally three different candidates in Paper Mario, Captain Toad, and Geno. And I'd wager it's Geno.
2. Donkey Kong: We just got King K. Rool. All that remains are Dixie Kong, Funky Kong (as an Echo), and Cranky Kong.
3. Legend of Zelda: The only likely candidates are Impa, Skull Kid, and...Tingle. And honestly, based off the Assist Trophies, I'd say Skull Kid has the best shot. Though Impa could still make it in as an Echo Fighter (since, you know, she taught Sheik everything she knows and all).
4. Metroid: We just got Ridley and Dark Samus. The only possible candidate remaining is Sylux, and I doubt he's making it in.
5. Yoshi: With the return of the Mario 3D World stage, I think Kamek is now officially disconfirmed. So really, nobody.
6. Kirby: Within reason, the only likely candidate to be added into Smash Brothers is Bandana Dee.
7. Star Fox: With Krystal as an Assist Trophy, that pretty much leaves us with Slippy Toad. Even if you like the idea now though, what are the odds...?
8. Pokémon: Countless. But mostly from Gen 7--with Mimikyu's disconfirmation, that just leaves us with Decidueye, Lycanroc, Incineroar, or maybe Necrozma as a representative. With Vergaben leaning more towards Incineroar.
9. Earthbound: Ninten as an Echo Fighter of Ness. Maybe Porky. Maybe Claus as an Echo of Lucas. But I doubt it.
10. F-Zero: Either we get Black Shadow as an Echo, or nothing. Since we haven't had a new F-Zero game in roughly 15 years, I'm not counting on it.
11. Ice Climbers: Come, now. From this moment forward, any single character retro franchise is going to be given no comment.
12. Fire Emblem: We just got Chrom as an Echo. Who was the recent Fire Emblem lord again? If not him, or Celicia, then we'd likely will have to wait until DLC.
13. Game & Watch
14. Kid Icarus: We haven't had a new game in this series since the 3DS launch--and it's very hard to come by, btw. And based off that, we only really have Medusa or Hades left to look over.
15. Wario: Ashley is still an Assist Trophy. Sorry, guys. Honestly, I don't even know who else could join.
16. Metal Gear: Konami has already overtaken all other 3rd Party reps with 3 at this point. Be as it may, Raiden is the only possible choice at this point.
17. Sonic: Shadow as an Echo Fighter. Or Tails as a unique fighter. Leaning more towards Shadow as an Echo Fighter.
18. Pikmin: I know there are other options. But considering that Alph is still just an alt for Olimar, what can you honestly do with said characters?
19. R.O.B.
20. Animal Crossing: Isabelle as either an Echo or a joke fighter (maybe her main differences are lack of tools, and ability to heal damage to herself and others). The only other candidate is K.K. Slider as a unique fighter. If Vergeben is to be believed, then we're getting Isabelle.
21. Mega Man: All the good choices are now pretty much taken. So nothing.
22. Wii Fit: Literally nothing.
23. Punch-Out: Little Mac has several adversaries to choose from--mostly recurring. None are likely. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Mike Tyson as our newest representative--even though he's technically 4th party.
24. Mii Fighters: We didn't get any new Mii Fighters added in, so we aren't getting anybody. Hope our choices in customization are good.
25. Pac-Man: Literally the only other character that could work is Ms. Pac-Man as an Echo Fighter (shouldn't that be Mrs.?). But how would you differentiate her from Pac-Man?
26. Xenoblade: Maybe Elma. Possibly Rex. You never know with Sakurai. Though if I have to take a guess, it's probably going to be Rex.
27. Duck Hunt
28. Street Fighter: It's pretty much just Ken as an Echo of Ryu (even though they were designed to be exactly the same originally), or Chun-Li as a unique newcomer. Personally, I'd lean more towards Ken.
29. Final Fantasy: This one is kind of interesting. One can either stick with Final Fantasy VII as a source; pick up the main characters of other Final Fantasy games (most likely Noctis in that lineup); or settle for an Echo Fighter with Zack. I'd lean more towards Zack as the likely choice.
30. Bayonetta: Really, with Rodin as an Assist Trophy, and Jeannine's color scheme literally being reused as a Bayonetta alt, I'd say nobody.
31. Splatoon: Even though the Octolings are the only other possible candidate to add into Smash (albeit as an Echo), how would you differentiate them from the Inklings?
32. Castlevania: I think we've got everybody out of that franchise. And I mean pretty much everybody.

So really, we have 32 franchises to choose from to figure out who our remaining fighters are going to be. Of those 32, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, Wario, R.O.B., Wii Fit, Mii Fighters, and Duck Hunt are the only franchises that have literally no other candidates left to offer, leaving us with 24. Let's also assume that the following franchises' chances are so miniscule at this point they might as well be dead or at least all but completely exhausted or irrelevant (for now): Metroid, Star Fox, Earthbound, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Pikmin, Mega Man, Punch-Out, Pac-Man, Bayonetta, and Castlevania.

Even if you believe any of these 13 franchises could still get more newcomers (and really, they're not completely out of options), they seem so bloody remote at this point that it's kind of pointless to talk about them lest we get really spoiled (besides, I already singled out Fire Emblem as getting a newcomer via DLC; and we got two Metroid newcomers, so let's not spoil ourselves here). Honestly, Fire Elmbelm and Kid Icarus probably have the best shots of either of these franchises at getting newcomers since they are all at least rich with history to explore.

But in all fairness, that pretty much leaves us with 11 franchises represented (out of 32) that have a probable shot at newcomers. In fact, a very good shot. Even if they may not be able to provide us with a unique fighter that people have wanted, at least we may be able to get an Echo Fighter. And in fact, of those 11, Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Pokémon, Sonic, Final Fantasy, and to a lesser extent, Street Fighter probably have the richest pools of unique fighters to draw from. And while Kirby, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, and Splatoon don't have a whole lot of potential fighters, still have that one or two strong candidates to draw from.

As such, the most likely candidates to be joining the battle are going to come from the following pool: Captain Toad, Geno, Paper Mario, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, Tingle, Bandana Dee, Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Necrozma (heck, any Gen 7 Pokémon not yet disconfirmed, as well as any Pokémon that received a ton of votes in the Ballot), Isabelle, K.K. Slider, Elma, Rex, Octolings, Shadow, Tails, Ken, Chung-Li, Zack, any major FFVII character, or any Final Fantasy protagonist.

Now for the 3rd Party reps, let's just reduce our potential candidates to just one Echo Fighter each (leaving us with Shadow, Ken, and Zack to look through), and with Pokémon, let's just put a pin on there. We are still left with 15 likely reps to sift through. And again, this is assuming just Echoes off of 3rd Party reps, and excluding the Pokémon reps since there are still so many. But of the likely Pokémon reps, that still leaves us with 19--almost 20 characters--to choose from.

So, who do I honestly think are the best bets at getting in? Well, right off the bat, I think it's going to go to Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and Incineroar. And keep in mind; I'm only sticking with the unique fighters. I think everybody else will either have outside chances, or will be relegated to Echo Fighter status (and no, I doubt Paper Mario will be an Echo Fighter--unless the idea is to base his moveset entirely around classic N64 Mario).

Add to that the fact that Geno, Skull Kid, and Bandana Dee all have massive fan support from the beginning, are all from established Nintendo franchises (granted, one of them is owned by a 3rd party company), and are very much still standing, with Skull Kid currently standing as the likeliest to get confirmed (thanks to that Moon Assist Trophy). Incineroar is the only one I cannot point towards the ballot for obvious reasons of being too recent; he's pretty much just in because of Vergeben's leak.

Speaking of which, Isabelle, and any other potential fan favorites would all get in as Echo Fighters (specifically Impa as an Echo of Sheik; Dixie for Diddy; and Shadow for Sonic).

The next likely candidates in place of characters like, say, Bandana Dee, would have to be either Elma or Rex (but not both); while the Octolings would have to be either an Alt to the Inklings, or an Echo Fighter. Though they are just outside. The reason I say this? Honestly, similar to Pikmin, I have no idea how one could differentiate the Octolings from the Inklings. And I think if either Elma or Rex were going to get in, you'd think we'd get a brand new Xenoblade stage that might hint at this. But we are not.

The only possible exception--a brand new franchise representative in spite the lack of a new stage--might actually be the Monster Hunter due to that boss monster/Assist Trophy in the Direct. But even then, this doesn't look like a selectable stage so much as it is a boss battle for a new Adventure/Subspace-like mode. In fact, in the Direct, it is shown to only ever feature one fighter fighting him at a time as a boss. And the Monster Hunter stage doesn't even appear in the Stage Select Screen.

But I do leave it out as a possibility that the Monster Hunter might potentially be a new playable character from a newly represented franchise. But outside from that, it's pretty much limited to just the main 32 represented franchises, specifically (and most likely) from 11 pf them.

Boy, I said a lot. Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for this. Just let me know if I did something wrong so I may correct it, mod. At the very least, I doubt I used any swear words.
Why do you think that all the newcomers left will not be from newly represented franchises? This is all based on assumption.

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
So... If there is, in fact, a boss mode... What bosses do you think we'll see? I'd love to battle Dr. Robotnik in some of the classic machines he uses in Sonic. Or an Andross boss fight could be fun with hit points on the hands.

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
8 and 8 would be chill. 4 left for each

My personal wishlist would be

Skull Kid
Paper Mario
Tails
Dante

Shadow
Isabelle
Dixie
????

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm just hoping Isabelle makes it through, we already lost Ashley, and that was painful enough. There's a good chance Isabelle will make it, but there's also a good chance she be the next victim of the AT Massacre I don't to lose anymore wanted characters to AT's despite knowing how likely it is.
I don't know how popular Isabelle is, but if Ashley's high popularity (as evidenced by how many badges she has from the Nintendo Badge Arcade) didn't save her from the Assist Trophy status, I'm heavily doubting that Isabelle would do any better.

Anyway, I still feel that people are overestimating Isabelle's playable chances. She might return in Smash Ultimate, but most likely as an Assist Trophy again.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man, the trailers this time are not playing around.

Funny, the trailer I made for Dovahkiin involves a dragon killing off Link, Ike, and Robin...

...I guess we all just enjoy watching cute Nintendo characters die.

Aren't we a sadistic bunch of *******?
They better not lay a finger on my Kirby :evil:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So a game to play for everyone: Rank the newcomers in order of their appearance of most hyped for to least hyped. I'll start
Where are the new icons? Much easier to play with them...

Most hyped to least:
Ridley > K. Rool > Daisy > Richter = Simon > Chrom > Inkling > Dark Samus

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

K Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Dark Samus, Simon, Daisy, Richter, Chrom
K. Rool, Simon, Richter, Daisy, Ridley
Honestly I don't care enough about the others to be able to rank them.

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, my wishlist. Not looking good.

-Ashley
-Bomberman
-Lyn
-Mimikyu
-Zero

Arle Nadja
BOTW Champion (All in one slot or just one or whatever)
Megaman EXE
Octoling
Online Lobbies
Rex and friends (but not Rex alone)
Smash Run
Tiki
Toadette
Viridi

Inkling★
Stuff like Chrom and Richter and Leaf have surprised me in a good way, but in terms of fighters I wanted I don't think I'm getting anything until DLC. The seemingly most likely parts of my list aside from Inkling are disconfirmed and the rest is either waiting for DLC or a bit of a long shot, so... feels weird.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
This is part of the reason why I picked Elma as my last character in my recent list.

She's recent, and XBX was relatively popular (like Pikmin and XBC1).

Sure, it's not mindblowingly epic, but you can bookend the reveals with two new Nintendo Characters.
Funny, it was the reverse for me in Smash 4. Shulk was my absolute most wanted (with Lucina behind). The leak killed some of the fun, but it was still mindblowing.
Elma's my ballot choice (and Azura, but she's out of the running) so here's hoping history repeats itself.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I agree. I think by the time the game comes out we'll have 8 Newcomers and 8 Echoes, which is fine by me.
Same here.

I'm thinking Zeraora, Rex, Excitebike, and maybe Waddle Dee because he's popular. And then Ninten, Dixie Kong, Hilda, and Ms. Pac-Man. Though Shadow is a big request, and Impa seems to fit perfectly now that Sheik has a new Final Smash, and it would leave Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon at 8 characters. Who knows, maybe we'll get Impa and Shadow as well. If the echo fighters slightly outnumbered the original newcomers, it certainly wouldn't bother me. More characters is always good news.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So... If there is, in fact, a boss mode... What bosses do you think we'll see? I'd love to battle Dr. Robotnik in some of the classic machines he uses in Sonic. Or an Andross boss fight could be fun with hit points on the hands.
I’d wanna fight Medusa or Grima

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Im looking at the stage selection screen and I notice something at the bottom. Looks like there could be about 6 more stages yet to be revealed, any thoughts?

If I were to predict based off rumors and hints from characters inclusions...

Starfall Basin (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Melemele Island (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
Bowsers Castle (Super Mario RPG)
Ancient Forest (Monster Hunter)
Pagoda Temple (Tekken)
Tower of Salvation (Tales of Symphonia)

mrovaai6wve11.png

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
I don't see Skull Kid happening tbh. How would a moveset be implemented? Granted, they've invented a moveset from scratch with Captain Falcon, but I don't see the same treatment extending to SK
Very easily actually.

-Lasers from his phase 1 boss fight
-Energy balls from phase 2.
-Tentacles from phase 3.
-Like Zelda, who borrows from OOT and ST, he can borrow elements from TP and OOT Skull Kids. This can include TP's wooden puppets or flute-based attacks from OOT Skull Kid.
-Like Ness, who borrows PSI moves from other characters, he can borrow the abilities of other masks, like Deku Flowers or the Bomb mask.
-Tatl and Tael could be incorporated into his moveset as well.
-Turning invisible or floating as shown in cut scenes.
-Status effects like poisoning, sleep inducement, or freezing opponents, all of which can be tied to things he does in MM, like poisoning the swamp or creating an endless winter in the mountains.

Honestly, he has way more than enough to make a move set from. Not that that ever stopped Sakurai with Zelda or Sheik, or others like Pac-Man and Villager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom