• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How would y'all feel about this roster? I included also three seasons of DLC characters, a la SFV and Tekken 7:

View attachment 156343
- Impa (Sheik Echo)
- Other newcomers after today (all unique): Bandana Dee, Elma, Isabelle, Chorus Kids, Buzzwole
- DLC season 1 ("Switch Stars"): Twintelle, Rex & Pyra, Octoling (Inkling Echo), Addam & Mythra (Rex & Pyra Echo, represented by Mythra cause I didn't have an icon for both of them)
- DLC Season 2 ("Third Party Blowout"): Neku (Square Enix rep 2), Shadow (Sonic echo, Sega rep 3), Lloyd Irving (Bandai Namco rep 2), Dante (Capcom rep 3)
- DLC Season 3 ("Girl Power"): Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi-echo), Shantae (indie rep), Fiora (Elma semi-echo; notes on her later), Lip (can interchange with any other female rep of your choice, like Ayumi Tachibana or Linkle)

Notes on Fiora: yes, I'm aware she's in Shulk's final smash. BUT! Something about the MonHun AT during the direct struck a chord. "The first character in history" to be both a stage hazard and assist trophy. Why not Fiora be both in Shulk's final smash and playable? After all, regular Samus is in Zero Suit's new FS. That, or Fiora can just be patched out of Shulk's FS, assuming she's not also in his victory screen.

Also, sorry that icon's so blurry. Can't find a clearer icon of her PXZ2 render :(

Honorable mentions: Crash Bandicoot, Geno, Joker/Ren Amamiya, Phoenix Wright, Rayman. I considered them but I couldn't really imagine them translating to Smash so easily
Lo and behold, here's an updated version! See the quoted post for initial addendums.
Ultimate Roster.png

changes:
- Fiora has a cleaner looking icon
- finally have a proper Mythra/Addam duo icon
- Isaac added to the row of unique newcomers (+ Richter) from Inkling onwards
- new DLC season 4 ("Mirror Images"): Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo), Celica (Robin echo), Malos (Shulk echo), Zack Fair (Cloud echo; Square Enix rep 3)

Should be my last dream roster, and as a note, Lip, the last character in the "Girl Power" DLC season can be swapped out for any other female character you'd think is more likely, as don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Lip, and I think she was originally considered for Smash 64 (correct me if I'm wrong) but her fanbase is mostly in Japan and Lip has been removed from localizations of Panel de Pon (renamed to Puzzle League in the west) so...

lmk what you guys think! also tagging KMDP KMDP , P.Kat P.Kat and NintenZ NintenZ

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is he? Damn, thought we hadn't seen him yet. And skull kid isn't too likely, given the moon and all. Damn.

Watch us not get any more Zelda reps. Hopefully we can at least get an echo fighter. I always thought twili midna would work as a zelda clone.
Skyward Sword Impa as a Sheik Echo. And if nothing else, give us Hyrule Warriors Impa who borrows attacks from Ike, Cloud and Sheik.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
IT'S OVER.

I finished updating the 4chan Smash "Leaks" Character Count.

Let's get into the nitty gritty!

Out of 478 supposed leaks, 396 are dead. I'd estimate around 200 were killed today alone. Some came close to living, but either provided too much detail that clashed with information learned today, or lacked Richter. 75 leaks survived the massacre, some of which are close to the brink of death anyways, and 7 supposed leaks have received a new designation, being "Leak of Interest." These supposed leaks have predicted information to a point where they could potentially be seen as credible. I've put these in a special session below, with links included.

I've restarted the Count entirely, seeing as most "leaks" are dead. Upon any major reveal such as that today, I will restart the count again. Essentially, the "All Leaks Count" has been disposed of, replaced with the "Living Leaks Count" that I've been trying to incorporate for the last month or so.

I'm also looking for people to help update, double check, and find "leaks" for the Count. This has been a one man effort up until now, and I know it can't stay that way. I'm about to become very busy, and even with an excess of free time I was barely able to handle the recent deluge of "leaks" from when Vergeben made his statement about Isabelle to now, and had to shift my best efforts to archiving instead of recording as a result of burnout. I'd prefer for that to not happen again, so PM me if you're interested.

That being said, now that the two kings of leaks (Simon and King K. Rool), alongside one of the Big 6 (Ashley) are out of the running, who's left?

1. The most mentioned character as of right now is Shadow the Hedgehog with a whopping 14 mentions.
  2. Next is Bandana Dee with 9 mentions
  3. Followed by Geno with 8 mentions
  4. Fourth place is Dixie Kong with 6 mentions
  5. Fifth place is a tie between Isabelle and Decidueye with 5 mentions
  6. Seventh place is a tie between Waluigi and Paper Mario with 4 mentions
  7. Ninth Place begins what I like to call "low-mention hell," where large ties exist between characters who are only mentioned once, twice, or even three times. In this case, Banjo and Kazooie, Celica, Incineroar, Ninten, Heihachi, Rex & Pyra, and Chibi-Robo
In the spoilers below are those "Leaks of Interest" that could potentially be real. I'll give my own thoughts on each one as well. I'm omitting two of them, as they're Vergeben and loz18. We all know what they've said, and any opinions I have about them have already been voiced.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/423851065/#423851065
Direct somewhere in august, not entirely sure.
Smash Run will come back.
Thats all I know, peace.

Oh yeah, and I know that MANY people have said that King K. Rool is coming in, he is. Due to his popularity in Japan and the fact that we need more DK reps, Nintendo decided to do DK fans a favor and add K. Rool in.

It doesn't say much, and at this point the only remaining claim in question is Smash Run returning, which is likely anyways.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/426953893
Super Smash Bros. Direct will reveal Simon Belmont. Menu will be shown off.
Long code which leads to an inbox with this message amongst other:
1533699707431.png

It's claims about the Direct today were correct, but it was published on 4chan 11 minutes after the Bloody Tears/Monster Dance music leak, and the claim about the menu being shown off could've easily been taken from loz18's earlier leak which made the same claim. However, the email containing the characters was received much earlier than the music leak, giving it a smidge of credibility. This is also corroborated by the Japan leak, which claims that Lloyd and Heihachi will both be in the game. Watch out for a Direct on September 29th.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/425227050/#425227050
I've got some info on the New Smash Bros. game, but I don't really have much to say.
According to my source:

Simon is in the game
However, my source doesnt know if he's playable or an assist trophy.

Ashley is in the game, but is in the same situation as Simon.

Isaac is back, but as an assist trophy, it could be possible that all the cut assists are returning.

I dont know anything about other newcomers, so no info on wanted characters like K. Rool or Waddle dee.

They're adding more alolan pokemon to the pokeball item including the ultra beasts, one of them is xurkitree. Another weird one is called silvally.

I dont know anything about stages, but the stage builder will be back.

As for single player, there's a possibility that a new mode is coming, possibily a type of adventure mode.

Tournament mode is returning.

I don't know if my source can get more info, it's going to be difficult considering the how well they're keeping the game's development very well hidden.

Similar to Supposed Leak 1, this one didn't say much in the first place, but got some information revealed today correct (Simon and Ashley being in the game). Again, a few claims remain in question, such as Isaac being an assist trophy.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/425482438/#425482438
Just gonna drop a few big ones. These probably aren't all of the unrevealed characters, but these are the ones I heard about.

- Geno
- Celica
- Simon Belmont
- Isabelle

Source hinted at a Direct in mid-August that'd reveal one of these (guessing Simon but who knows). Also heard Ashley is still an Assist Trophy, for those who care.

Again, it doesn't say much, but did get some aspects correct such as Simon being playable and Ashley staying an assist trophy. Not exactly difficult guesses, but it's enough.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/
Hi! I was working at CEO this year and I managed to get a copy the demo build used for the tournaments. There were a few interesting things in the code for the character select:
>The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character. "Rihita", Richter Belmont's Japanese name, was among those listed.
>"Sirnight", Gardevoir's Japanese name, was among them. Interestingly, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy are all listed with their echo counterparts - "Gothiruselle" (Gothitelle) was underneath her. I presume, then, that Gothitelle is going to be an echo of Gardevoir.
>"Mario2" was listed as a seperate character. I have no idea what this means, but if I had to guess, either Paper Mario or Mario 64 Mario.
>"Kruru" (King K Rool) and "DakuS" (Dark Samus? It was underneath regular Samus) were both listed, unsurprisingly.
Obviously it's a demo build, so there may be more characters who haven't been added to the select screen code yet.

My attention was just brought to this one when I searched "Richter" in the 4chan archives. This supposed leak was submitted on July 1st, way before the direct or it's announcement. It predicted Richter, which is a substantial claim. Definitely keep an eye on this one.

There it is. Today was a large day for the Smash Bros. community, and I'm excited to see what comes next! I'll keep bringing "leaks" over here for all of your enjoyment and discussion. Thank you all for your support throughout this project.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, here's a bit of disappointing speculation.

Is Smash Run deconfirmed?
Don't know. I mean, we haven't been shown everything yet, so who knows? I do hope it's back, as I really loved playing it on my 3DS.
Did zelda have a hilda alt in smash 4 or am imagining that

cause i remeber the disscusion here that it was not found in the demo just like Ike's Chrom color and Samus Dark Samus color
She does have an Alt that gives her dress the colors of Hilda's dress, but it doesn't change her hair color.

That being said, Hilda does have potential as an Echo Fighter for Zelda, doesn't she? I mean, Zelda uses the Link to the Past/Link Between Worlds design and Hilda is from A Link Between Worlds. Although Hilda does have a staff compared to Zelda.

D

Deleted member

btw Zero on the website Is labeled as:

Zero(Mega Man)

which probably means there another Zero in the game which im assuming is the enemy from Kirby
They did the same for his trophy in Smash 4, labeling it as Zero (Mega Man) because of the Zero enemies on Pyrosphere. Which were listed as Zero (Metroid) on the trophy.
So Pyrosphere confirmed.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm kinda hoping now that they pick up an idea I brought up before of DLC Character packs by Series. Have Tails come in as a luigified Sonic that comes packaged with a free (Or at least discounted price) Sonic echo Shadow.

Though given this game is going all-out on 3rd Party more then I could of ever imagined (NINE 3rd parties in the base game?!). I may still have a slight tinge of hope for Tails DLC even if Shadow does make it in as a base game echo fighter. Tails got a mii costume while Shadow didn't (And remind that some assists still got Mii Costumes so there wasn't something against that). And while it's not a sure thing given stuff like Takamaru and Ashley. Many of the newcomers were Mii Costumes in Smash 4. And Knuckles is already an AT. Would be weird for Tails not to get something more then just the Mii costume and Green Hill Zone cameo he already had while both Knuckles and Shadow got some sort of upgrade.
I would find it funny for Shadow and Tails to join the fight while Knuckles is the AT character...all while Silver stays alone in Green Hill...forever lonely and looping around life
yes you did
Is he? Damn, thought we hadn't seen him yet. And skull kid isn't too likely, given the moon and all. Damn.

Watch us not get any more Zelda reps. Hopefully we can at least get an echo fighter. I always thought twili midna would work as a zelda clone.
The Moon could be replacing Skull Kid so that he can become a playable character...or they’re both ATs

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, after today, it's hard to imagine what'll happen next.

Sakurai already gave us two of the community's most wanted characters since, well Melee.... I guess Geno would be the last 'big' piece of the puzzle to be frank.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Skyward Sword Impa as a Sheik Echo. And if nothing else, give us Hyrule Warriors Impa who borrows attacks from Ike, Cloud and Sheik.
Seeing a character as a mishmash of 3 others would be... very interesting. Chrom is still mostly Roy, but hey, something like that could happen. Sakurai's a mad lad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, after today, it's hard to imagine what'll happen next.

Sakurai already gave us two of the community's most wanted characters since, well Melee.... I guess Geno would be the last 'big' piece of the puzzle to be frank.
Then it’s all Nintendo scraps and lower high tier characters for the rest of time

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looking back at it now it makes perfect sense that Dixie Kong wasn't shown as an echo fighter in the direct.

King K Rool was supposed to be the surprise announcement at the end of the direct. If they would have shown Dixie Kong as an echo(Next to Chrom and DS) then EVERYONE would have started thinking about K Rool and if he is in or not. That could have maybe spoiled the surprise because then people would be expecting to see him at the end of the direct.

I think we all kind of expected K Rool to be in but most of us didnt expect him to be announced today(especially because of the leak)
Also, King K. Rool came first, in terms of chronological appearance and importance. Not usually a factor, but it does help.

Am I the only fool that thought the Medusa in the Simon reveal was the Kid Icarus Medusa?
Incidentally, I imagined how Palu and Pit could react to that.
Pit: Oh no, it's Medusa again!!
Palutena: Oh, don't worry, that's a different Medusa than ours...I think.

Loz18 also stated some characters are being added due to reviving interest in certain franchises? That along with the Heros VS Villians theme makes me believe that ethier Black Bull or Deathborn will be in. And if Vergeben is to be believed... Deathborn is going to be the controversial character

I honestly think that bringing some pieces together will help paint us a full pic
Could you possibly imagine Deathborn punching out Black Shadow (whom you confused with his vehicle) ala Chrom? That'd be one hell of a first impression.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Spirit mode requires you to collect the dragonballz to wish your dead friends alive. Unlocks Goku.
Unlocks goku.... as a boss character. in fact goku is the final boss of that mode.

speaking seriously... it would be cool to have the old brawl ridley battle, but this time with the ACTUAL Dyna Blade...

russian roulette of sorts.
well, in timed free for all that thing seems nasty powerful. anyway, i wonder if you can avoid it being outside of the stage. i actually love that it also kills you.

Regarding Directs.. im assuming we have at least another full fledged Smash direct with teh last details of the game, Spirits mode whatever it is and 2 more newcomers and a couple of echoes and assists.

Besides that i predict we have at least a non smash general direct when they reveal 3ds stuff, maybe more info regarding the new yoshi game, the new pikmin game, and the other games missing from e3 (Mp4, Bayo3, STM, etc...) i could see a character reveal there.

And lastly we may get a pokemon direct before release were they could also reveal a pokemon newcomer..

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Lo and behold, here's an updated version! See the quoted post for initial addendums.
View attachment 156464
changes:
- new DLC season 4 ("Mirror Images"): Black Shadow (Captain Falcon echo), Celica (Robin echo), Malos (Shulk echo), Zack Fair (Cloud echo; Square Enix rep 3)

Should be my last dream roster, and as a note, Lip, the last character in the "Girl Power" DLC season can be swapped out for any other female character you'd think is more likely, as don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind Lip, and I think she was originally considered for Smash 64 (correct me if I'm wrong) but her fanbase is mostly in Japan and Lip has been removed from localizations of Panel de Pon (renamed to Puzzle League in the west) so...

lmk what you guys think! also tagging KMDP KMDP , P.Kat P.Kat and NintenZ NintenZ
This would be a pretty cool roster tbh.

Just want to know, are Mythra and Addam Echoes of Rex and Pyra, and Black Shadow, Malos and Zack would be Echoes of Captain Falcon, Shulk, and Cloud correct?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
IT'S OVER.

Out of 478 supposed leaks, 396 are dead. I'd estimate around 200 were killed today alone. Some came close to living, but either provided too much detail that clashed with information learned today, or lacked Richter. 75 leaks survived the massacre, some of which are close to the brink of death anyways, and 7 supposed leaks have received a new designation, being "Leak of Interest." These supposed leaks have predicted information to a point where they could potentially be seen as credible. I've put these in a special session below, with links included.

I've restarted the Count entirely, seeing as most "leaks" are dead. Upon any major reveal such as that today, I will restart the count again. Essentially, the "All Leaks Count" has been disposed of, replaced with the "Living Leaks Count" that I've been trying to incorporate for the last month or so.

I'm also looking for people to help update, double check, and find "leaks" for the Count. This has been a one man effort up until now, and I know it can't stay that way. I'm about to become very busy, and even with an excess of free time I was barely able to handle the recent deluge of "leaks" from when Vergeben made his statement about Isabelle to now, and had to shift my best efforts to archiving instead of recording as a result of burnout. I'd prefer for that to not happen again, so PM me if you're interested.

That being said, now that the two kings of leaks (Simon and King K. Rool), alongside one of the Big 6 (Ashley) are out of the running, who's left?

1. The most mentioned character as of right now is Shadow the Hedgehog with a whopping 14 mentions.
  7. Ninth Place begins what I like to call "low-mention hell," where large ties exist between characters who are only mentioned once, twice, or even three times. In this case, Banjo and Kazooie, Celica, Incineroar, Ninten, Heihachi, Rex & Pyra, and Chibi-Robo
In the spoilers below are those "Leaks of Interest" that could potentially be real. I'll give my own thoughts on each one as well. I'm omitting two of them, as they're Vergeben and loz18. We all know what they've said, and any opinions I have about them have already been voiced.
Thats all I know, peace.

Oh yeah, and I know that MANY people have said that King K. Rool is coming in, he is. Due to his popularity in Japan and the fact that we need more DK reps, Nintendo decided to do DK fans a favor and add K. Rool in.

It doesn't say much, and at this point the only remaining claim in question is Smash Run returning, which is likely anyways.
View attachment 156455

It's claims about the Direct today were correct, but it was published on 4chan 11 minutes after the Bloody Tears/Monster Dance music leak, and the claim about the menu being shown off could've easily been taken from loz18's earlier leak which made the same claim. However, the email containing the characters was received much earlier than the music leak, giving it a smidge of credibility. This is also corroborated by the Japan leak, which claims that Lloyd and Heihachi will both be in the game. Watch out for a Direct on September 29th.
I've got some info on the New Smash Bros. game, but I don't really have much to say.
According to my source:

Simon is in the game

Isaac is back, but as an assist trophy, it could be possible that all the cut assists are returning.

I dont know anything about other newcomers, so no info on wanted characters like K. Rool or Waddle dee.

They're adding more alolan pokemon to the pokeball item including the ultra beasts, one of them is xurkitree. Another weird one is called silvally.

As for single player, there's a possibility that a new mode is coming, possibily a type of adventure mode.

I don't know if my source can get more info, it's going to be difficult considering the how well they're keeping the game's development very well hidden.

Similar to Supposed Leak 1, this one didn't say much in the first place, but got some information revealed today correct (Simon and Ashley being in the game). Again, a few claims remain in question, such as Isaac being an assist trophy.
Just gonna drop a few big ones. These probably aren't all of the unrevealed characters, but these are the ones I heard about.

- Geno
- Celica
- Simon Belmont
- Isabelle

Source hinted at a Direct in mid-August that'd reveal one of these (guessing Simon but who knows). Also heard Ashley is still an Assist Trophy, for those who care.

Again, it doesn't say much, but did get some aspects correct such as Simon being playable and Ashley staying an assist trophy. Not exactly difficult guesses, but it's enough.
Hi! I was working at CEO this year and I managed to get a copy the demo build used for the tournaments. There were a few interesting things in the code for the character select:
>The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character. "Rihita", Richter Belmont's Japanese name, was among those listed.
>"Sirnight", Gardevoir's Japanese name, was among them. Interestingly, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy are all listed with their echo counterparts - "Gothiruselle" (Gothitelle) was underneath her. I presume, then, that Gothitelle is going to be an echo of Gardevoir.
>"Mario2" was listed as a seperate character. I have no idea what this means, but if I had to guess, either Paper Mario or Mario 64 Mario.
>"Kruru" (King K Rool) and "DakuS" (Dark Samus? It was underneath regular Samus) were both listed, unsurprisingly.
Obviously it's a demo build, so there may be more characters who haven't been added to the select screen code yet.

My attention was just brought to this one when I searched "Richter" in the 4chan archives. This supposed leak was submitted on July 1st, way before the direct or it's announcement. It predicted Richter, which is a substantial claim. Definitely keep an eye on this one.

There it is. Today was a large day for the Smash Bros. community, and I'm excited to see what comes next! I'll keep bringing "leaks" over here for all of your enjoyment and discussion. Thank you all for your support throughout this project.
The fifth one is fake because it said that Simon is not playable.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay so there's this silly/cheesy thing I would occasionally do on the Pit social where I'd have the KI cast discuss Smash Brothers. With the direct hype still fresh in my mind, I think I'm going to try my hand at it again. And don't mind all the attached images, directly linking them wasn't working.
Dark_Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_2.png Could you believe that direct? Three new echo fighters?
Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_4.png
Uh....
Dark_Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_5.png
Does Sakurai really think those wastes of space will make up for a lack of totally new fighters? Who wants punks like Chrom or Dark Samus when we could be getting Kratos or Doom Guy?
Viridi_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_6.png
So who's going to point it out to him?
Palutena_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_10.png
You do realize you are an echo fighter of Pit, don't you Pittoo?
Dark_Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_2.png
Only because Sakurai is too scared to cut Pit. Just like how he's refusing to cut Sonic in favor of the clearly superior Shadow.
Palutena_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_4.png
Oh, lighten up Pittoo! Echo fighters are just an easy way to expand the roster. It's not like they're actually hurting anyone. And I think it's great that I can knock you and Pit around in the same game!
Hades_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_6.png
Well, regardless of your stance on echo fighters, I think we can all agree on one thing. I'd be the perfect newcomer candidate...
Hades_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_3.png ...As an echo fighter of Bayonetta!
Viridi_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_1.png Ew.
Pit_-_Kid_Icarus_Uprising_sprite_10.png ...I'm just going to go try to get that image out of my head now.

Attachments

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Bit late on this because of work and stuff, but congrats K. Rool bros. He finally got his well deserved and long overdue spot in Smash.

Also I'm dying at all the possible music tracks they could play for that Monster Hunter stage lol.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anyone think we might see a new Zelda villain, considering the Heroes vs Villains theme? I'd like to see Ghirahim or maybe Skull Kid.
The Moon hurt Skull Kid's chances quite a bit today. In my eyes, there aren't really any other villains left with a decent chance (sorry Vaati). Actually, if we assume Skull Kid is gone, the only Zelda reps left who might make it in Smash are Impa, Toon Zelda/Tetra, or the Champions.

Even when you include heroes, the pickings are slim.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Incidentally, I imagined how Palu and Pit could react to that.
Pit: Oh no, it's Medusa again!!
Palutena: Oh, don't worry, that's a different Medusa than ours...I think.
Or Medusa was resurrected once more, but only due to her redeeming herself against Hades (saving Pit and dying for a 3rd time in the process), making Palutena feel like she’s changed her ways after 25 years of war and her death(s) and brings her back to life (hoping she’s looking at the person she used to be best friends with...and her only friend before Pit came along)

Then Medusa could be neutral good like Dark Pit and almost Viridi (she edges between neutral good and straight up good, like a true tsundere)

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 156464
changes:

Hey, where'd you get that template?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
So, of the leaks we've gotten, the 5th seems the most likely, which will mean that we're getting Gardevoir as a pokemon rep. And honestly, I think that makes a ton of sense given its popularity. Should be fun to play. The Gothilette echo though... Eh? Guess it's neat. Paper Mario 2 also makes sense.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
IT'S OVER.

Thats all I know, peace.

View attachment 156455

According to my source:

Simon is in the game

- Geno
- Celica
- Simon Belmont
- Isabelle

Your leak 5 there, surprisingly, piques my interest. Though it kind of implies Simon was wrong, but the pokemon part got me thinking...

Instead of (or in addition to) a Gen 7 pokemon, I never thought they would try to fill out Gen 3 and 5 AS WELL, but now I kind of want that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, of the leaks we've gotten, the 5th seems the most likely, which will mean that we're getting Gardevoir as a pokemon rep. And honestly, I think that makes a ton of sense given its popularity. Should be fun to play. The Gothilette echo though... Eh? Guess it's neat. Paper Mario 2 also makes sense.
That leak is fake. It said that Simon was not playable.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The fifth one is fake because it said that Simon is not playable.
It's a demo build though. It's not the full game and doesn't have every character. The claim of Richter is still prominent enough for it to credible enough to become a "Leak" of Interest.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The Moon hurt Skull Kid's chances quite a bit today. In my eyes, there aren't really any other villains left with a decent chance (sorry Vaati). Actually, if we assume Skull Kid is gone, the only Zelda reps left who might make it in Smash are Impa, Toon Zelda/Tetra, or the Champions.

Why do you assume Skull Kid depends on a falling moon

You do realize its Majoras powers he using

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I'm about to blow your mind.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That was a reddit joke oh my god nintendolife

Okay, who is this Loz18 guy an why are we believing him?
I just want my wrestlemania Tiger :(.
Well, I'll just say if I had to pick between the two big leak names, Loz and Verg, I'd pick Loz.

I don't like leakers in general either way, but that's my gut feeling.
I could go into paragraphs as to why but I'm currently investigating something to make sure I'm justified before spouting nonsense. Lol.

EDIT: Oh **** I forgot the most important part of this, but unless I missed something very recently, he did not disconfirm Incineroar. His personal opinion is that he doesn't believe it's in the game, but it wasn't part of a leak.

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Can someone fill me in on Skull Kid's newly increased chances of being playable? I've seen people mention how the Moon being shown supports this, but I don't remember the Moon being a part of his assist trophy in 4, and it's not mentioned anywhere on Skull Kid's page on the Smash wiki (as far as I can see). Skull Kid is one of my most wanted newcomers, so this discussion has me excited.

Thanks in advance!

Darkraid

Smash Champion

From loz18:
For now I do know two things for a fact. Newcomers are yet to be revealed and Nintendo is using these newcomers as a way to promote other games in their respective franchises. Who they are I really don’t know as of today, but we can pretty much look into the future of Switch games in the next 6-12 months to see what the biggest titles will be and take an educated guess on who they are.

Definitely King K. Rool from Donkey Kong and Majora’s Skull Kid. That being tied to the Heroes vs. Villains theme that it seems to be implied in some text i came across. Besides that, we’ll see...

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'm interested in is the possibility of unique battle scenarios in classic.

classic 1.png

classic 2.png

Only 2 items here are a banana and mushroom, and it's called "Gourmet Clash." Any chances only food items are turned on for this?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Only problem is he and Veran are one-shots. Even Twinrova have more of a chance.
But Skull Kid is fine even though he's in the exact same scenario? :rolleyes: Don't play that game.

Okay, who is this Loz18 guy an why are we believing him?
I just want my wrestlemania Tiger :(.
Decidueye decimated
Incineroar incinerated
There is only one true champion.

or primarina

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
IT'S OVER.

This one is really interesting. And I'm admittedly biased because I love the remaining content: Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and Paper Mario is one of my most wanted characters.

Only thing I find kind of weird here is that Richter is in the game but not Simon, when Simon is the original character.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I think we could get this:

- Bandana Dee (character well loved and valid for a representative character for Kirby)
- An Ultra Beast (Incineroar is not 100% confirmed, I do not think Sakurai will choose another initial and there is no trace of Utra Beast)
- Rhythm Heaven Character (Possibly Chorus Kids since they are the most requested and besides, it is really the only living franchise that is missing, besides, if they have returned things were cut as Ditto in Pokeball, Chrom, etc ... why not them?

In doubt:

- Geno (Character quite want but decreased his audience more and more, but Sakurai wants it, will Square give him permission to make his character?)
- Banjo & Kazooie (There may be possibilities, if Vergeben said that there would be representation of Minecraft, it means that Microsoft is here, we have Bomberman of Konami having Snake and now Simon Belmont ... Then Minecraft as Scenario or Assistant having to Banjo & Kazooie playable?

Echo:

- Shadow (100% confirmed that the third-party can have Echo Character and was a requested requested character)
- Isabelle (I'm sure we're going to have it, just look at the DIRECT IS NOT ISABELLE BY ANY SIDE AND WE ADD ANOTHER ANIMAL CROSSING ASSISTANT!)
- Dixie Kong (Highly requested character)
- Impa (Same as Dixie Kong)
- Ninten to have the three characters of Mother?

And I could see maybe the Octolings as DLC.

Sorry if I do not explain myself well.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It seems like they're mixing Classic mode with Events. And it's character specific, probably to make them equal.

I'm curious to see what my boi's Classic mode will look like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom