• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Vergeban followed up:

For those who aren't aware of Lupensko, he's another reported 'leaker' that has said he has different sources from Vergeban, but has collaborated with him on multiple characters (namely Isabelle, Simon, and the non-Decidueye/Lycanroc/Mimikyu Gen 7 Pokemon). He also apparently did get Daisy right according to a user on ResetERA, but I'm having a hard time finding the post again.

Also, it seems like Vergeban is not sure of the information himself as he makes it clear that he was trying to see if Loz18 heard something similar.
The Vergeban Saga continues, as even he is unsure about some things
**** the direct.

I just want my weekly piece of music!
Don’t we all

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Hey, if we're getting more than 8 costumes, bring 'em on. I used to favor an Argonian back in Morrowind, but I always end up back at a Bosmer. Skyrim's really making me reconsider Nords and Orcs though...

---

Ok, so assuming the boards actually decide to let us post, here's another tier list game we can play... 10 characters you want, divided into tiers based on how much they'd hype you:

S Tier - One character that would hype you so much you'll never ask Sakurai for anything again.
A Tier - Two characters
B Tier - Three characters
C Tier - Four characters who may not really hype you much individually, but you'd still love to see.

For me
S - Dovahkiin
A - K.Rool, Urbosa
B - Tails, Ivy (Soul Calibur), Spring Man
C - Buzzwole, Isabelle, Skull Kid, Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

Good luck everyone - Hope you all get to see your S-Tier in game!
S-Tier: Geno
A-Tier: Ghirahim, Monita (Nintendoland)
B-Tier: Bandana Dee, Isaac, Henry (FE Awakening)
C-Tier: King K. Rool/Dixie Kong, Ashley, Rex & Pyra/Elma, Simon Belmont (basically I'd be happy with these because they'd make a lot of other people happy)

D

Deleted member 269706

I'm not like the other girls. While they were all talking about what characters they're expecting and hoping for, I was just holding out for a get-up attack that kills

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Is Smashboards really breaking down?

Like there were times where this thread hit more than 200 during the Smash direct, why is it so strang now?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is Smashboards really breaking down?

Like there were times where this thread hit more than 200 during the Smash direct, why is it so strang now?
Loves to break down at bad times

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
More from Vergeben, the no DK characters came from Lupensko, who Vergeben is now claiming is someone who has real information but ties it with fake/assumed things for fun. So I guess Vergeben isn't disconfirming DK characters yet.

The Donkey Kong thing I was inquiring about came from lupensko, and that guy's apparently just a bulls***ter who ties in real information he heard with fake/assumed things he latches on to for fun.
IntelliHeath told me that lupensko was inspired by this:

https://i.imgur.com/L5eAj4S.png
Source

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Watch the music be a song from puzzle league/panel de pon, with a music note for the icon.
That'd be starting off the deconfirmation train early.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
Here's some things i hope to see in the Nintendo Direct
More New Characters
Adventure/Story Mode
The Return of Smash Run
Daisy’s Final Smash
New Stages and Returning Stages
More Assist Trophies and Pokeballs

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys lets clear this Vergeben thing up

Vergeben was extremely unsure about the leak and actually doubted it because 1)It doesn't make sense(Kind of does tbh) and 2)This new leaker was unreliable. That is why he asked Loz18 to see if he knew anything.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76878406?jumpto=151#151

You guys can dislike Vergeben for listening to bad sources BUT let's not attach this fake "No DK characters" to him. Thank goodness its fake.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't have any hopes, the Waluigi dream is dead. Black Shadow is my pipe dream, but nothing more than that.

However, I still believe in the assist genocide that will probably happen tomorrow. I believe Ashley, Isabelle, and Shadow (among many other Asissts,) will be shown as nothing more than, y'know, assists. If you ask why I think that, read the first sentence.
Untitled.png
Waluigi wasn't in the Smash demo. I don't believe he was in because of some conspiracy that he's actually in, but I believe he's excluded solely for the sake of just not being in the demo. I mean, it's a goddamn demo. I don't think Sakurai is hiding specific Assists to make a big reveal, I think he's just not showing them because he has no reason to show them. At the same time, he has no reason to not show them either, but a demo isn't supposed to show everything. It's an early build of the game after all.

just a tinfoil hat theory.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not like the other girls. While they were all talking about what characters they're expecting and hoping for, I was just holding out for a get-up attack that kills
You're a mad man!

But a mad man I respect.

I'm game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey, if we're getting more than 8 costumes, bring 'em on. I used to favor an Argonian back in Morrowind, but I always end up back at a Bosmer. Skyrim's really making me reconsider Nords and Orcs though...

---

Ok, so assuming the boards actually decide to let us post, here's another tier list game we can play... 10 characters you want, divided into tiers based on how much they'd hype you:

S Tier - One character that would hype you so much you'll never ask Sakurai for anything again.
A Tier - Two characters
C Tier - Four characters who may not really hype you much individually, but you'd still love to see.

For me
S - Dovahkiin
A - K.Rool, Urbosa

S - Crash
A - K Rool, Impa
B - Dixie Kong, Isabelle, Skull Kid
C - Spring Man, Shadow, Dillon, Lip

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Going to predict this before the direct, minus the echo fighters
August (the direct): Incineroar and Geno
September: Elma
October: Simon Belmont
November: King K. Rool

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

---

A Tier - Two characters

For me
S - Dovahkiin
A - K.Rool, Urbosa

S - Impa
A - King K Rool, Banjo-Kazooie
B - Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, Rayman
C - Ashley, Skull Kid, Chrom, Celica

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

---

A Tier - Two characters

For me
S - Dovahkiin
A - K.Rool, Urbosa

S - Kamek
A - Marx, Bandana Dee
B - Decidueye, Maxwell, Ninten
C - Grovyle, Ninten, Galacta Knight, Heracross

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don't have any hopes, the Waluigi dream is dead. Black Shadow is my pipe dream, but nothing more than that.

However, I still believe in the assist genocide that will probably happen tomorrow. I believe Ashley, Isabelle, and Shadow (among many other Asissts,) will be shown as nothing more than, y'know, assists. If you ask why I think that, read the first sentence.
Waluigi wasn't in the Smash demo. I don't believe he was in because of some conspiracy that he's actually in, but I believe he's excluded solely for the sake of just not being in the demo. I mean, it's a goddamn demo. I don't think Sakurai is hiding specific Assists to make a big reveal, I think he's just not showing them because he has no reason to show them. At the same time, he has no reason to not show them either, but a demo isn't supposed to show everything. It's an early build of the game after all.

just a tinfoil hat theory.
It’s certainly possible that one or two assist trophies will be upgraded like Little Mac was.

But Isabelle, Ashley, Saki, Skull Kid, Dark Samus, and Shadow all upgraded? Nah

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also that imgur link Vergeben has, I think that might be the 4chan leak that Lupensko claimed was the real leak out in the wild.
The frustrating thing is, all those characters feel very 'safe', so barring a surprise reveal tomorrow, if any of those characters get revealed, it neither proves or disprove the leak, really.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My list:

S - Celica
A - Tapu Koko, Mythra
B - King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Spring Man
C - Elma, Octoling, Waluigi, Gardevoir

Noipoi

Howdy!
Smashboards? More like Slowboards, geez.
Anyway here's my tier list.
S tier-ASHLEY
A tier-Rayman, Mimikyu. Incineroar
B tier-Amaterasu, Paper Mario, Geno, K Rool
C tier-Isabelle, Bandanna Dee

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
My list:

S - Rayman
A - Ashley, Bandanna Dee
B - Decidueye, King K. Rool, Amaterasu
C - Masked Man, Octoling, Elma, Porky

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What if this is just Sakurai's way of saying "**** you Vergeben, I'll just leak Simon myself"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
QUICK LOOK AT ANY LEAKS THAT MENTIONED SIMON AND ASHLEY

I NEED TO KEEP MY HOPE ALIVE

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So the direct will be while I'm busy doing work, so I'll miss a lot of stuff as it happens. That means I won't have the time or freedom to make reactions on social media platforms and get the best chance of getting "viral" content.

As a "small" personality, I need all the help I can get. Making tweets and reactions that get no attention is embarrasing for me to look back at.

Tomorrow will be hard for an attention w**** like myself.

(Also, here's hoping we get confirmation of past items from Melee and Brawl.)

---

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
My hype tier list because this direct can't come soon enough:

S tier- Bandanna Dee
A tier- Ashley, Mimikyu
B tier- Isabelle, Dixie, Rhythm Heaven Rep
C tier- Impa, Dark Samus, Elma, Lip

Although I'd love to see any of these characters

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
OK OK OK I know that the idea of anime characters joining the roster is... divided to put it lightly.

BUT consider the following:

idk I'm just trying to entertain myself before the direct

Noipoi

Howdy!
This sites moving slower than molasses for me right now, and I don't think it'll be any better during the stream, so I guess i'll see you lovely people after the direct tomorrow.

May your hype be plentiful, and may your most wanted not be sent to Assist Trophy hell.

until tomorrow, i'm out.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Now is that going to be the music for tonight? Or will it be posted after the direct?

So if I'm understanding Verge's sources right (since he has multiple), Simon and Ridley are from one leaker, Isabelle is from another, Pokemon is from a third and No DK from a fourth?

I don't know where this puts Loz though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom