• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
**** Yes! Simon is in, what a relief. Thank god Verge wasn't wrong on that one. Can't wait to see what he looks like.

Now hopefully we get two newcomer reveals and that other one doesn't get spoiled.

D

Deleted member 269706

Can Sakurai get a single direct/conference in without a leak?
No

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
NO BAMBOOZLE NINTENDO

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

seriously if this "leak" doesn't lead to anything I will be more than upset lol

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
Well this all but confirms Simon now, and seems incredibly liking due to timing we'll see him tomorrow. Kind of disappointing, but also kind of hype too.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Smash Run being back would be AMAZING! Mimikyu being a Smash Run hazard would also lend more credence to Verg.

I really don't know what Hanenbow would sound like in a hazardless, FD or BF form, given that it's whole gimmick is you making music. Bowser's Castle stage is hype af.

The part mentioning Bloody Tears is interesting as the post pre-dates when we discovered the Youtube song.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Heheh this must be embarrassing for Sakurai after going off on those leakers. Embarrass

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Didn't he come out today confirming it was Incineroar?
I don't remember, sorry. With the site being super slow, I sometimes have to skim just to make sure there's no rule-breaking alone. It's hard to outright participate and moderate sometimes.

I think he might've though? I remember reading something like it. >.<

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I recall that Dante was also involved with the Vergeben shenanigans.

I'm a bit disappointed that we're getting a lot of third parties if this ends up being true. After all, it could just be an extra track and nothing more.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I recall that Dante was also involved with the Vergeben shenanigans.

I'm a bit disappointed that we're getting a lot of third parties if this ends up being true. After all, it could just be an extra track and nothing more.
I dont think he said anything about dante

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well...I come back to that.
Time to be hyped and happy, knowing that Simon might get in thanks to a poor intern botch.

I missed this place, and I can't wait for the direct. Let's dance boiz.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I hope Simon isn't the only newcomer revealed. This would be a dissapointing Direct when the main surprise is spoiled.

I'm still holding out for that Japan Leak with Heihachi and Lloyd. Since the leak said the source apparantly leaked ridley & Daisy(still unverified though)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hmm.

Bloody Tears.

Red eyes from being tired.

... Either that was intentional or just a massive coincidence.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let's try to think ahead before we make assumptions.
We do not know if Simon will appear in the Direct tomorrow. For all we know, it could end up another Shulk/Robin & Lucina situation where Shulk was still in even after Robin & Lucina appeared rather than Shulk that day. Like there's no denying that the music mess-up is huge proof to Simon being in the game, but there is no confirmation that he will appear in the Direct.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Wasn't there a leak that got a a few weird things right but was ultimatelly very very wrong? I believe that 4chan post about the 8 things is that.

Hmm.

Bloody Tears.

Red eyes from being tired.

... Either that was intentional or just a massive coincidence.
oh

OH

Last edited:

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Looks like Simon was leaked a day early oof. That being said, I still don’t believe everything that Verg said and I do genuinely believe we will see more than just Simon Belmont tomorrow.

Though I am still looking forward to seeing how he’ll look and play and I DEFINITELY want to see a Castlevania stage (idc if it’s legal as we already know it will have an omega forme, a Battlefield forme and there’s stage hazard toggle.)

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm certain that we're gonna get more than 1 newcomer reveal, whether it's 2 Unique characters and 1 Echo, or 1 Unique Character and 1 Echo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hope Simon isn't the only newcomer revealed. This would be a dissapointing Direct when the main surprise is spoiled.

I'm still holding out for that Japan Leak with Heihachi and Lloyd. Since the leak said the source apparantly leaked ridley & Daisy(still unverified though)
I think that leak was debunked, the Lloyd footage came from a Tales Of pachinko

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

What a terrible night for a curse dying server.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wonder if dead characters have a chance at all of appearing in Smash, whether it be a playable role or Assist Trophy. Name any dead characters in video games you can think that have the highest chance of getting in, even if the chance is still low overall.
I'm pretty sure the Lucario in Smash is based of the one in the Pokémon movie 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew' who died heroically
(for good, no Disney death).
May as well throw in a few more for good measure:

:ulttwintelle:

:ultbuzzwole:

:ultchoruskids:

:ultlloyd:

:ultyuri:

:ultgeno:

Slightly less likely than your list, but I wanna dream
Well when in Rome...

:ultamaterasu:

:ultelma:

:ultshantae:

:ultsora:

:ultsaber:

:ultfjorm:

:ultblaze:

:ultgardevoir:

:ultprimarina:

:ultisabelle:

:ultashley:

:ultyunarukami:

:ultjoker:

:ultreimu:

:ultmonsterhunter:

:ultlingxiayou:

Even less likely than your list (save for Elma and first parties), my favorites being third parties may backfire on me. I may be a person of never ending hope and optimism, but this list, this list right here just oozes with potential disappointment, and... despair.

But like you say you gotta dream.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh My :ultpalutena:...oh my ****ING :ultpalutena:

SIMON BELMONT (I don’t even associate with the Castlevania series but the music is so damn good...and OH MAH GAWD)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really really really really really really really really really really doubt Sakurai would spoil his Simon card by putting up Castlevania music BEFORE his reveal.

Remember how people thought Rayman would be revealed because of the trophy?

Keep cautious.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
About the music leak...
Let's take note how the video uses the generic musical note, not a specialized symbol. This, of course, is liable to change, but it's still something I think we should pay attention to, just so we don't get ahead of ourselves.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Man... I really hope we get some cool new modes or something. I love Smash Run, I love Classic. But... Master's Orders...? Really? Does that still make any sense with no customs in the game? And how is any of that a new way to unlock characters?

Also... not trying to imply anything... but a vampire hunter and a witch are pretty close thematically... just saying...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That 4chan leak sounds so boring honestly. There isn't even a new mode and it's just stages,items, and Simon. I'm hoping it's fake because I want Simon's reveal theme to be Theme of Simon Belmont.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't believe Simon got leaked Ryu-style.

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
I find it so hilarious how Nintendo has been so tight on leaks and letting information slip out, only to end up leaking it themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom