• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
So, it's basically a 99.99999% certainty that Simon will show up at the end of the Direct. If he's the only reveal, he's at the end because when there's only one character, they always save them for the end (See Greninja). If there's more than one unique newcomer, he's still last because they always do Third Parties at the end as the big hype bringers (See Ryu and Bayonetta). If there's more than one character, one always shows up at the very beginning and one shows up at the very end.

Basically, if the Direct opens up with a slash, know immediately that we're getting someone besides Simon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll see you guys in the morning when the inevitable comes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty much. Not singling anyone out but Simon is either an obvious 3rd party choice that was a safe prediction, or he was not popular until Vergeben came along with his rumor. Whichever is more convenient at the time.
That's what happens when you talk to different people that have different opinions but just kind of combine them into one singular entity

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
People calling the Vergeben leak lucky guesses/safe choices are miles deep in denial at this point.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
That's what happens when you talk to different people that have different opinions but just kind of combine them into one singular entity
Like I said, I am not singling people out, but I have seen the same people take both stances.

It is a sweeping statement though, I admit.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
You know I was thinking. Vergeben said there was at least 6 more newcomers left. Well I looked at the Vergeben newcomer list and the Japan Leak(September 24th direct rumor with Heihachi and Lloyd with Mario Kart Content related things, not the Pachinko one). So maybe this could be or base newcomer list.

Inkling
Ridley
Daisy
Simon
Isabelle
Incineroar
Heihachi
Lloyd
Unlockable Retro/Elma/DK Newcomer(Vergeben and Loz are unsure about this)

This would be an incredible roster in that case.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Simon is only "safe" because of Vergeben. :/

If he never popularized the idea, no one would be claiming Simon was likely.
While that's mostly true, some people would probably claim that since Bomberman is an assist and snake's in the game Simon is much more likely than before

but idk it's not like this even matters anymore haha

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm really hoping Simon's default is the barbarian/NES boxart look. It's my favorite Simon design.
Almost certainly the Grimoire of Souls design.

Which is classic barbarian look, but with pretty Ayami Kojima bishie face

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys are pretty evenly split on this poll.

https://strawpoll.com/pg1xpb6x

Most of you think we will be getting more characters than just Simon tomorrow but you can't decide if it will just be echoes, or if we will get one more unique newcomer and an echo.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Well amongst the news I'll conclude my apes and make my escape in a ball.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I will say one thing about the leak:

God
Damnit
Nintendo
You
HAD
ONE
FREAKIN'
JOB!!!

Welp, I guess they are others things to be excited for, but that kinda kill the excitation somewhat.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
LOL we were all so concerned about someone leaking characters when the fine folks at Nintendo all but do it themselves through sheer incompetence!

Good grief have the people running the blog this time been poor at their jobs. First all the super late blog entries, now this.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Some of you are in terrible denial, geez. Do you honestly, truly believe that Castlevania would only get a song? That's revealed very VERY close to a direct? Lmao.

LOL we were all so concerned about someone leaking characters when the fine folks at Nintendo all but do it themselves through sheer incompetence!

Good grief have the people running the blog this time been poor at their jobs. First all the super late blog entries, now this.
Actually they just changed the updates to their other usual timeslot, which now make perfect sense as they did not need to commit to updating music 13h before the direct

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope the Direct starts off like the final Smash 4 presentation. The Direct starts, and there's a reveal immediately.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If Simon is the only new character I will be a little disappointed. I like Simon but he isn't one of the highly requested characters everyone is always rooting for. Basically K. Rool, Ashley, Bandanna Dee, ect.

Simon is great but he isn't any of the highly requested characters. And I want to know the fate of those guys.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some of you are in terrible denial, geez. Do you honestly, truly believe that Castlevania would only get a song? That's revealed very VERY close to a direct? Lmao.
Yes. Don't be so confident in a minor screwup.
Imagine if Gangplank Galleon was accidentally shown instead? What would you be saying then?

P.Kat

Smash Champion
So Simon (may) have been spoiled for Smash. Darn it Nintendo. Well if he's revealed, congratulations to those who wanted him, hopefully Nintendo will show another newcomer to make up for their mistake.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, I don't think Simon essentially being confirmed depletes the possibility of there being another character at all. While I'm going to be safe and say it'll probably be an echo, it's very possible to get another newcomer. If they were going to pick one of the newcomers to base tomorrow's music spotlight on it would almost definitely be the third party.

Really happy Simons getting in. Though it might be kind of disappointing if he's the only reveal tomorrow, at the very least it means that the next newcomer reveal is more likely to be a surprise.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
In more Vergeben stuff, he admits Incinearoar is the gen 7 pokemon he heard from one of his sources after Loz revealed it in posting his PM, however he still hasn't vetted Incinearoar out with his other sources and isn't committed to claiming he's in for sure yet.

Source

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't be shocked if the "mistake" was done on purpose to try and get the community fixated on an already leaked character, so when there are other reveals in the direct tomorrow they will come as a surprise since we're only really expecting Simon at this point.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If Simon is the only newcomer revealed I will actually be a little greatful for the leak, as I would have been disapointed otherwise.

Atleast I'll be prepared.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Not really a Simon supporter, but I'm trying to get myself hyped for his inclusion now. Definitely have nothing against him, very good choice from the NES and SNES days of Nintendo. I have an SNES Classic being shipped to me right now. Will definitely give Super Castlevania IV a try. I heard it's great.

Edit: Still really hoping we get someone besides Simon though. I did predict two unique newcomers and one Echo fighter.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
So it's just that we know a Castlevania song is in if I skimmed correctly? Ok, well that puts at a 50/50 for Simon in for me. It's not unthinkable that Castlevania only gets a song. If Simon is in, I'll take it as Verg had a legitimate E3 leak source. Although, has he (before this song posting) said Isabelle, GenVII rep, and no DK rep are from same source? If not, they can't be considered locks yet even if Simon is in. Let's please not repeat a Chorus Kids scenario.

As far as Simon in Smash goes, my take is he's among the least offensive 3rd party choices. It really makes me sad to think I can do 8-player Smash with no Nintendo characters without any repeats, but at least Simon is more like an in-law than an acquaintance of Nintendo. Also would've preferred Soma due to his greater Nintendo relevance, but that was never happening because only I care about him. Would be a little weird getting the "Metroidvania" fights with Simon since he reeeeally doesn't represent that genre.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I fail to see how a probable leak of one of the reveals makes the Direct less hype

1. They'll be more information
  2. He might not be the only character
  3. We know his in the game, what, 10 hours early? Is that enough to make the excited less excited and the mad less mad?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly do.

Rayman, another big gaming franchise, only got a trophy right before a reveal.

It has happened before and it can happen again.

I'm not counting Castlevania having a playable rep till I see the Simon reveal trailer for my eyes.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright I'm off to bed folks!

Hopefully no more info is leaked and by the time I wake up early, Smashboards isn't having a crisis.

I'm doing this just for the direct. Damn it I'm so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom