• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm still trying to piece together Verg and Loz18 and I think this is an interesting note.

This set off everything today. Loz finds some things Verg told him unlikely. Some meaning multiple.

We know Verg told him about Simon, Isabelle, Pokemon (mentioning Incineroar by name) and No DK characters. Loz supports Verg on Simon and Isabelle, so that would logically mean that Loz doesn't agree on the Pokemon newcomer as well as the DK newcomer (which neither view as likely). This puts the Pokemon newcomers into a very awkward situation depending on how you read it. In one way of reading it, with the disagreement towards Incineroar, the new Pokemon isn't Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc OR Incineroar. However, if you read it as the disagreement towards the "not Pokemon options", then the Pokemon newcomer has to be one of Decidueye, Mimikyu or Lycanroc.

Other thing worth noting is Loz saying there will be a surprise in the direct. Considering how much Simon has been flown around everywhere in the past few months, I don't know if I'd count him as a surprise. Multiple reveals?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, the song title changed back.

We know what's coming in the direct though. I guess I don't have to wake up early to find out

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm not treating this as Simon confirmed.

I'm still staying steady on this until I see the reveal trailer myself.

It makes no sense for them to do this. None.

Not before the character is revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
About the music leak...
Let's take note how the video uses the generic musical note, not a specialized symbol. This, of course, is liable to change, but it's still something I think we should pay attention to, just so we don't get ahead of ourselves.
The video links to the Galaga song, which had the green note (Snipperclips had a peachish one). They're not using the generic symbol for Bloody Tears, it's just that the title was placed on the Galaga theme.

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I really really really really really really really really really really doubt Sakurai would spoil his Simon card by putting up Castlevania music BEFORE his reveal.

Remember how people thought Rayman would be revealed because of the trophy?

Keep cautious.
About the music leak...
Let's take note how the video uses the generic musical note, not a specialized symbol. This, of course, is liable to change, but it's still something I think we should pay attention to, just so we don't get ahead of ourselves.
Guys... I don't think you understand how this came to be. They renamed the Galaga Remix track on the official Smash Bros youtube account to "Bloody Tears / Monster Dance". It still played the Galaga Track and wasn't intentional, and didn't really matter on their side because the video is unlisted. But you can get to them through the official website anyway.

There's nothing really to get ahead of ourselves here. Unless some weird shenanigans happened internally, this is very definitive proof

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
About the music leak...
No icon because only the title of the video was changed by accident, not the content of the video.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I really really really really really really really really really really doubt Sakurai would spoil his Simon card by putting up Castlevania music BEFORE his reveal.

Remember how people thought Rayman would be revealed because of the trophy?

Keep cautious.
The song is probably meant to go up when Simon gets revealed and they're making preparations for the incoming site update to go with it, where they then ****ed up by renaming the Galaga song.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright two (actually three things).

First off, it's tuesday, we're supposed to be getting a music piece today.

Second,
1401952702obama-problem.jpg

I swear, if they accidently leaked Simon being the reveal after trying to prevent leaks from even happening, they basically ruined the reveal themselves. Hopefully there is someone else as well, but right now, I'm preparing myself for an only Simon reveal (which sucks if that was the case).

Finally, damn these servers are bailing on me right now, is someone fixing this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He wasn't even Ryu/Roy leaked, as those were datamined last time I checked. Simon got leaked because someone messed up a title for a song.
Ryu-style as in its the fault of the dev team and not an intentional leaker.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
So it seems like it's 90% likely the whole Simon Belmont thing is real. if so then congrats to the people who wanted him. I never played any Castlevania games myself but I know it's iconic and has a lot of history with Nintendo so I can respect him getting in on that alone.

We better be getting a great Vampire Killer remix because I at least know that track and always liked it lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is always the possibility Castlevania music is just going to appear in Snake's stage or something. Like how Pac Man has Galaga.

But unless we get the music update tonight and it has the generic icon, I'm betting he's the character reveal

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Just to reiterate, is Veg saying the only new reps left are Issabel, New Pokemon, and Simon or are these just the ones he apparently knows about?

Shroob

Sup?
Come on guys. Simon Belmont is an incredibly safe prediction for a third party rep. Vergeben still hasn't been proven right yet. He got many things wrong before.
I mean, yeah, but if Simon is confirmed, Verg only has 2 hurdles left, those being Isabelle and "A gen 7 Pokemon who's not the owl, fake Pikachu or dog"

Using shorthand names since **** I'm tired of typing out Pokemon names for one night

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ugh the red eyes being a mention to bloody tears.... in hindsight it was so friggin obvious!

speaking of castlevania mnusic, here, have a "little" remix...

LET'S GO!

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Come on guys. Simon Belmont is an incredibly safe prediction for a third party rep. Vergeben still hasn't been proven right yet. He got many things wrong before.

I stand by one stance only, and that's that just because some things in these "leaks" get correct at some point, there's no point in blindly making assumptions. I've yet to believe it, even though Simon may be making an appearance; it may just be pure, dumb luck, and if they show off Isabelle as an AT tomorrow, it'll send Verge clean off the rails.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

at 9:45 in this video i put up RIGHT before this leak I mentioned "Bloody Tears" as possiblly being the "red eyes" thing.

ok so i mentioned like every leak under the sun in this video but still im pumped that part turned out to be right! Hopefully this confirms Simon as I think hes an excellent third party character pick!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Imagine if the Heroes vs. Villains concept is Nintendo vs. Third-Parties, and with Simon making it 8 third party characters the trailer is the original 8 fighting against the 8 third parties.

D

Deleted member

Simon is only "safe" because of Vergeben. :/

If he never popularized the idea, no one would be claiming Simon was likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
How many people you know were predicting him before Vergeben came along, let alone thought any Konami character was possible before Vergeben? He isn't WFT-levels of unpredictability, but to call Belmont an "incredibly safe prediction" pre-E3 is just absurdly revisionist.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really hoping Simon's default is the barbarian/NES boxart look. It's my favorite Simon design.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm not gonna look at the forums until after the direct. I heard a Simon rumor... I better not see my name tagged by you degenerates tomorrow when Simon is revealed. (Because of the stupid stupid bet I made). Don't even think about it!!!!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We all anticipate Simon and then it turns out that Bloody Tears is just a song for Luigi's Mansion or something

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Simon Belmont is an incredibly safe prediction for a third party rep. Vergeben still hasn't been proven right yet. He got many things wrong before.

eh... no it wasn't? Simon belmont only started being considered a shoe in after the leak. before it was requested (but not SUPER requested) but most people who wanted simon belmont considered him (like ridley) a pipe dream....

Saying that simon was a super safe pick is pure hindsight

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I wonder when it comes time for DLC, who could Sakurai possibly add if most of the popular requests are already in the game or have been deconfirmed as Assist Trophies already?! Nintendo is a business first, They are going to do DLC, there's too much money to be made not to. I suppose we could see some ATs be converted to playable fighters via DLC, though I think that possibility is VERY unlikely

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hahahaha this is so hilarious and awful at the same time I don't even know what to think. Looks like the Captain N reunion is indeed happening.
Castlevania is one of the few remaining franchises that fits in Smash, imo. The second Nintendo Power issue was centered around Castlevania II. Can't wait to listen to the Bloody Tears remix.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they don't have a Captain N mii gunner costume I'm going to be severely disappointed

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm gonna be super excited for Simon... but dammit, why did I have to look at this thread before I went to sleep?

I don't wanna sound greedy or anything but I hate I spoiled myself. Hopefully we'll get another echo or something else surprising to hold us over for a while besides Simon.

Also here's hoping I get to thirst after Simon's design

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Wait
I want them to reveal a Smash Bros miniseries now
I am on board with this, 100%!

Don't forget they will most certainly talk about 5 minutes about Mii fighters. I know that won't really create much hype at all but still they have some things to clarify and I'm convinced they will do so tomorrow.

Do Miis use custom moves like in Sm4sh? or do they have a few preset movesets to choose from? Are costumes making a return? how does this voice choice work? How are Miis gonna be playable in online mode? (under which restrictions/rules) While I'm not the biggest Mii supporter myself, I'm pretty sure they need to clarify these things pre-release and a Smash specific Direct seems to be the only moment they will be able to answer these questions in the near future until the game launches. Sorry folks, 5 minutes 4 Mii talk reserved.
I would like to know about the Mii costumes. Are they returning, or are new ones being introduced? Both? If so, then does that mean most of the characters are now de-confirmed as fighters?

--------------
Wow. Simon Belmont is almost official now? Kinda stinks to know, but can't really blame anyone except Nintendo for having a mistake. Too bad it wasn't a minor mistake, but a major one. Here's hoping for another character to go along with Simon Belmont!

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
eh... no it wasn't? Simon belmont only started being considered a shoe in after the leak. before it was requested (but not SUPER requested) but most people who wanted simon belmont considered him (like ridley) a pipe dream....

Saying that simon was a super safe pick is pure hindsight
Pretty much. Not singling anyone out but Simon is either an obvious 3rd party choice that was a safe prediction, or he was not popular until Vergeben came along with his rumor. Whichever is more convenient at the time.

D

Deleted member

Simon is not safe. Most people didn't even bother to put him in prediction lists prior to Vergeben leaking him. He's not the smoking gun that confirms Vergeben is 100% true but it does help his case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom